The E'ville Jedi CIII Blitz

Discussion in 'Evansville, IN' started by TC517, Apr 30, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TC517 Jedi Master

star 4
    It really hit me the other day that Star Wars as we know it is ending soon, as the TV shows are all we have to hold on to and the action figures will soon be moved back to the rear shelves. It also hit me that the public awareness for Star Wars might never again be this high, and the media will never again be so interested. How then do we capitalize on this?
    I was thinking, while we are all so excited about Star Wars, why not make ourselves known? Would anyone else be interested in making random appearances around town in the days immediately prior and after May 19? Random trips to the mall, a stop at the Courier and Press, walking downtown during lunch hour, etc... I will happly suit up and pass out flyers if I could get some people to do it with me, costume or not. Maybe press releases to all the media outlets.
    Let me know if anyone is interested. It just seems like if we don't capitalize in the next month, we are selling ourselves (and the rest of the fans) short.
  2. GeekGoddess Jedi Master

star 4
    Well, I know we aren't supposed to pass out flyers at the theater, but I was thinking of maybe having those name-tag like stickers with with something like "I'm a member of the E'Ville Jedi" and have the web address on it as well (as well as some cool logo, like a lightsaber or something) Would that be of any help?
  3. TC517 Jedi Master

star 4
    Definately! We usually pass the flyers out under the radar (despite the rules), but I like the idea of name tags. Why not take it a step further and get some shirts or something to go along with it?

I don't know what we would want them to say... any ideas? I always like the idea of a shirt modeled after the ones that concert staff wear. Instead of "event staff" if would say "Event Sith".

Any more ideas?
    Anyone know of a good place to troop?
  4. G1Prowl Jedi Knight

star 1
    I think the shirt idea is a good one. Yeah, with all the media attention coming up we can plug the fanclub. That's part of the reason I'll be staying up all night for the release.

Also, I think this movie will regenerate the fan interest. With the trailers we've seen so far and reviews, this one comes the closest to the OT. That's what fans have been waiting for.
  5. GeekGoddess Jedi Master

star 4
    Might be cutting it kinda close with t-shirts.
    We'd have to get people to make designs, then agree upon one, then find some place that can make them relative fast for relatively cheap.
  6. G1Prowl Jedi Knight

star 1
    I've seen the computer paper/iron on stuff at Wally world. I know Joe does some of his own shirts. Maybe we could post a few images on here and get a vote. With Scott's approval of course. :)
  7. WedgesOtherNephew Jedi Master

star 4
    All good ideas...for some reason I think having a trooper or 2 strolling either up & down the mall or downtown would both be great opportunities to gather attention. I fully understand Cole's point and hopefully somone out of costume could accompany them.

As long as we have some consensus on the t-shirts that is fine with me. We do need to post the design here on the boards. Timewise will be close, but I hope it will work.

Of the active members, Cole & Joe would be the best bet for flyers, not to leave anyone out...but those 2 guys have done them for us in the past, and I never got the Star Jedi fonts to work on my computer :( Even the ones Cole did for E-II would be fine. I like the idea of half sheets of paper...and then some full sheets too. If anyone wants to throw their hat in, that's fine too. I am always available here on the boards or via PM or email.
  8. TC517 Jedi Master

star 4
    How about a simple shirt, maybe black with white writing that says something like "It's better being E'ville" and on the back it says "Ask me about the Evansville Star Wars Fan Club"

Or even just a general E'ville Jedi Shirt. I will photoshop something up tonight.
  9. GeekGoddess Jedi Master

star 4
    Well, I got a small plug in this morning with Hot 96 radio station since they were on location at Starbuck's this morning giving away freebies and starting thier "The Dark Side takes over on Hot Ninety-Sith" promo.... they are giving away free pairs of tickets to the movie at Showplace. (A whole theaters worth.) I let Producer Sarah (Queen Amidala for the promo) play with my lightsaber and was able to leave a few flyers with them.
  10. TI9362 Jedi Knight

star 2
    Was that the new Starbuck's behind Borders? (I bet Borders is thrilled about that)

-=joe=-
  11. GeekGoddess Jedi Master

star 4
    Doesn't really matter.. they are both owned by the same company now. Borders cafes got bought out.
    Heck, even Adam the Borders Barristo was down there getting freebies.
  12. Preachrman007 Jedi Knight

star 2
    "Adam the Border Barristo"? Is that Adam Morris? Dark hair, beard, kinda shaggy looking?
  13. GeekGoddess Jedi Master

star 4
    Dunno his last name, but yeah, that sounds like him.
  14. WedgesOtherNephew Jedi Master

star 4
  15. Komill Jedi Knight

Adam Morris is him. That's my older brother.

And the Borders cafe is owned by Starbucks.
  16. GeekGoddess Jedi Master

star 4
    Sam?!?! Is that you?!?!? If so, I was wondering if you were on the board. (this is the red-head)
  17. WedgesOtherNephew Jedi Master

star 4
    Red, I dare you to click on Komill's name and look at his profile. :p :)
  18. Komill Jedi Knight

What's wrong with my profile???
  19. WedgesOtherNephew Jedi Master

star 4
    Nothing, Red would just know who you are...
  20. GeekGoddess Jedi Master

star 4
    Yeah, I did after I posted that... [/blonde moment]

I still want to see your Mace Windu saber Sam!

Me, yor brother, and Luke were looking at these really cool books the other night. I had never seen a Wookie Jedi before. Learn something new every day....
  21. Komill Jedi Knight

If ya want to see my saber, I can take some pictures.
    Or even better, I can turn on my cam on YIM, if you have it.
  22. TC517 Jedi Master

star 4
    Alrighty... anyone want to join me at the mall about 6pm Tuesday. Kinda late notice, but I'm up to go if I can get some help. If later is better for anyone, that works for me too.

23. WedgesOtherNephew Jedi Master

star 4
    I can't go, sorry! I think I tweaked my knee delivering a treadmill. I am having a tough time walking right now :(

Hopefully someone else can go with ya!
  24. TC517 Jedi Master

star 4
    Ouch! Get better before Wednesday, I don't want to get out the Imperial Wheel Chair! ;)

If anyone else wants to suit up or help a trooper, we will hitting up the Mall and Green River Road for a little PR.
  25. GeekGoddess Jedi Master

star 4
    I can do it. Just let me know where to meet you. Also, did you get the security clerance issue taken care of?
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.