main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Evan, IN The E'ville Jedi Website & MySpace

Discussion in 'MidWest Regional Discussion' started by HoosierTrooper, Jan 15, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. HoosierTrooper

HoosierTrooper Jedi Knight star 3

Aug 1, 2006
    I know that the myspace page will come first, but having talked to Scott about some ideas, I have put together the very basic layout for the real website. I had some time today and went ahead and got some work done. The idea for this is that I can put together the basic layout, and then Scott and the rest of the team would keep it updated by adding news, pictures, etc. The main thing though is that the page would get people to the boards. On the right side would be links, pics, about us, etc. :cool:

We have members who are willing to chip in to pay for the domain name, so figuring out how to host will be the next big step.

Let me know what you think, keeping in mind that this is a rough draft of sorts. :) If you can think of any sections or additions that we might need, post 'em here.

Website

2. Cindy

Cindy Jedi Youngling star 1

Jan 15, 2007
    Cole, the *OFFICIAL* page you're working on looks great. I'm assuming a similar color scheme would work just fine for the CrackSpace page, although nobody's posted feedback here yet. Thanks for the welcome to the Dark Side, too, I think.

Also, as I suggested last night, I thought a Facebook.com group might be of some use to promote the club to a younger demographic, and you're more comfortable with assisting with that than MySpace. For the uninitiated, FaceBook is a clean, rarely buggy social networking site that caters to high school and university students who can (and do) join global and local interest/hobby/etc groups. Each group has a mini discussion board, an officers list, and a prominent place for an external link to an official site. I'm assuming as discussed at the Jan GM, every external site will lead back to this forum. Just an idea.

--

Scott, I would have contacted you already to see IF you needed help and IF so, what help, but I have no idea what your ID is. Don't think I was trying to go around you! I'm not the type to just take over any existing project, ball in motion, or yet-unmade plans for the future. When Nathan mentioned some members of the Eville Jedi were interested in creating a MySpace page, I got really excited! I just get excited about MySpace... and ewoks.

3. GeekGoddess

GeekGoddess Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 24, 2005
    The Rough draft is looking good! You forgot the orange barrel though :p

If y'all need more fundage for the site , let me know and I'll throw in :)

4. WedgesOtherNephew

WedgesOtherNephew Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 6, 2002
    Cole, looks good! I appreciate it!

I've been asking some questions of other groups who have Myspace pages, websites, etc. More info to follow.

I wanted to thank everyone for their offers to help. Chances are I will be hitting the majority of you up very soon!

5. HoosierTrooper

Aug 1, 2006
    Ah yes, the orange barrel. I will be recreating that soon!

6. WedgesOtherNephew

Jun 6, 2002
  7. navarre1095

navarre1095 Jedi Master star 4

May 21, 2005
    Afet watching the orange barrel video, there's a link on the right of a guy who eats a fistful of Mentos and then drinks Diet Coke.

8. Preachrman007

Preachrman007 Jedi Youngling star 2

May 12, 2002
    Nice try, but I'm not clicking that link. I'll have that stupid song in my head the rest of the day. :oops:

9. Mike-El

Mike-El Jedi Knight star 3

Oct 16, 2006
    I cannot stand that fake laugh that they have, I think they hit a laugh button on a soundboard or something.

I cannot remember if Cole did this or Cole did the barrel and I did the rest in Photoshop.

[image=http://www.epicplastic.com/eville_banner.jpg]

10. HoosierTrooper

Aug 1, 2006
    That was me... back when my photoshop skills were a bit underdeveloped. I want to say I did that back in 2004 or something.

The barrel is the easy part though. Getting that E'ville Jedi to align correctly is a test of patience. [face_frustrated]

11. TK-1945

TK-1945 Jedi Youngling star 1

Jan 13, 2007
    HT, I like the 30th anniversary theme. :cool:

Scott, if you do a seach for html help there are several sites that are useful. I wish I had more time, I'd help with the site. Right now I barely have time to post this message.:_|

So, what is the status of the myspace page? Any work being done on that?

12. Darth_TKD

Darth_TKD Jedi Youngling star 3

Jan 6, 2002
    Very good job, Cole. I especially like the spinning thing in the corner.

13. Ulkesh2

Ulkesh2 Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 28, 2001
    Hey pretty kewl!
    [face_hypnotized]
    :D

14. WedgesOtherNephew

Jun 6, 2002
    Update: I will be registering the club on Myspace and gathering information for the site soon. So, stay tuned.

15. WedgesOtherNephew

Jun 6, 2002
    Hello all,

Well the E'ville Jedi Myspace page is up. It's pretty basic right now, but we will be customizing and updating. Feel free to use it as a recruiting tool/advertising. After all, this website address will be easy to remember. Tell your friends!!! Ultimately our goal is to direct them here to the E'ville Jedi TFN forums where the real fun is. :)

We will eventually have an official web page, too, but in the mean time Myspace should be a good substitute since we can post news, pics, links to the boards, etc. there.

I encourage all interested members to submit ideas, stories, pictures, news, etc. to me for possible posting on the web page or myspace. Everyone can be of help here.

FYI, the website team consists of: Me, Nathan, Mike, and Cole. Much like the proposed event coordinator, all positions within the web team except mine are somewhat dynamic and we may take volunteers or recruit you in the future. Of course, my position is an elected one, so it's an annual thing.

Again, tell your local friends and enjoy. Here is the link:

http://www.myspace.com/evillejedi

Thanks!

16. Cindy

Jan 15, 2007
    I just sent a friend request!

Scott, I sent the MySpace profile an add request and a link to add Star Wars music clips. Movie clips are added similarly.

By choosing to help unofficially (not on the team), I hope to still have a role by sharing my knowledge of all things MySpace.

It drives Nathan crazy, but maybe all the time I spend coding my profile (and other people's profiles) has been worth it!

17. Edric-The-White

Edric-The-White Jedi Youngling star 2

Apr 5, 2005
  18. WedgesOtherNephew

Jun 6, 2002
    Sounds good. We're glad you're helping out. I'll be getting to those friend requests, too. :)

19. HoosierTrooper

Aug 1, 2006
    Having looked at the page and stuff, what do you all think about hiding the comments and friends links?

For me, hiding comments would be a good thing. We don't want to have to edit every "Yous nerds sucks!" comment or "THX FOR THE ADD!!!1!" comment that people post.
    Also, in order to kinda focus on linking to the forums and not the less desirable stuff on myspace, I was gonna recommend we disable our friends pictures. The club would still have friends (E'vill Jedi still shows up on our personal pages), but we wouldn't show their pictures on the main club page. It would keep things more streamlined and put the focus on the club & the forums.

[face_idea]

20. TK-1945

TK-1945 Jedi Youngling star 1

Jan 13, 2007
    Whoever is in charge of the myspace site can set the privacy setting to accept the comments or deny them. Have you guys checked out the Paducah Imperials myspace? I like the way they have theirs set up. Simple but effective.

21. navarre1095

May 21, 2005
    Can we get a "click here" put on the banner. To be honest, I looked at that thing a half-dozen times before it occurred to my dumb arse to click it.

22. WedgesOtherNephew

Jun 6, 2002
    I've got some pics up on the myspace page. I'd like your comments. If you have some good ones that you would like posted feel free to email them to me. I would be interested in our members at our events, conventions, costuming, movie premieres, etc.

Thanks!

23. Cindy

Jan 15, 2007
    Looks great so far!

24. Stackpole_The_Hobbit

Stackpole_The_Hobbit Jedi Master star 6

Jul 31, 2002
    Oh come on, we need a painfully bright and non-scrolling background!

25. navarre1095

May 21, 2005
    made some changes. The meco menardi song was meant as a joke. If any of you like it we can leave it on.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.