main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Evan, IN The E'ville Jedi Website & MySpace

Discussion in 'MidWest Regional Discussion' started by HoosierTrooper, Jan 15, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Stackpole_The_Hobbit

Stackpole_The_Hobbit Jedi Master star 6

Jul 31, 2002
    LOL you bastage :p

honestly, now we'll get all sorts of friend requests from hookers! yay!

2. Darth_TKD

Darth_TKD Jedi Youngling star 3

Jan 6, 2002
    ARGH... I hate automatic audio! [face_shame_on_you]

I changed the settings so that the song doesn't play automatically; it's still there, but visitors just have to click it to start it playing. The song's fine (and quite funny I might add), but I can't stand it when audio starts playing automatically on a Web page. Most people I've talked to feel the same way.

But, other than that, good idea, Chuck!

[face_dancing]

3. JediMasterJaina

JediMasterJaina Jedi Padawan star 4

May 19, 2003
    I remember we talked about using googlepages to do the basic layout of the official site. Well, I just checked it out. It's actually pretty easy to use and navigate.

Plus, if one of us registered the email evillejedi@gmail.com, we could just log in under that username for the page builder and viola! The permanent url would be evillejedi.googlepages.com

It would be a start for now until we can purchase www.evillejedi.com but it would at least get something up and going.

Just throwing that out there.

4. capnfatpants

capnfatpants Jedi Youngling star 3

Mar 20, 2006
    Someone at the last GM asked if anyone could find a higher resolution pic of an Orange Barrel. But I don't remember if it was Cole or Scott.

Anywho, I found one that's over 1000x1000 (it's 426kb).

I've got it on my HD at home and it's here: Big Orange Barrel

( http://www.trafficsignstore.com/barrel.jpg )

Kinda has a weird texture to it though.

5. Cindy

Cindy Jedi Youngling star 1

Jan 15, 2007
    Hey capnfatpants, that thing is huge! I'm sure it will serve the group well!
    "That's what she said!"

Speaking of revisions, yesterday I gathered a handful of alternate SW backgrounds and saved them on Nathan's desktop. He had me change the formerly-invisible writing at the top of the MySpace page, add "click here" to the banner, and take off the ad at the bottom of the banner.

6. Darth_TKD

Jan 6, 2002
    Good work, Kevin, that'll help quite a bit!

7. Darth_TKD

Jan 6, 2002
    Everyone, when you get a chance, take a look at the MySpace page. Cindy's been doing some tweaking, making the changes that everyone's been wanting. She changed the background to Scott's suggestion (the lava Vader) and fixed some of the visual anomalies.

Let your friendly neighborhood Web team know what you think! ;)

8. HoosierTrooper

HoosierTrooper Jedi Knight star 3

Aug 1, 2006
    That barrel is the most beautiful thing I've ever seen! =P~

Once I get back to the computer lab, I'll slap a big Imperial logo on it and we can go from there. [face_skull]

Good Work!

9. capnfatpants

Mar 20, 2006
    I think that (or any) barrel with the Imperial Logo would look cool on a T-shirt/Patch.

Does the club have a patch?

10. Darth_TKD

Jan 6, 2002
    Unfortunately, no, we don't have anything. That's something I hope to change this year--I'd like us to get t-shirts. I agree that the orange barrel would look cool on a shirt, patch, or anything like that.

11. HoosierTrooper

HoosierTrooper Jedi Knight star 3

Aug 1, 2006
    We actually threw around the idea of merchandise at the collectors club meeting tonight... just kinda talking about some cool ideas like patches and coins. :cool:

I think its a sign that we talked about it here and at the meeting at the exact same time...

12. WedgesOtherNephew

WedgesOtherNephew Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 6, 2002
    ^^ Pretty incredible that we were talkng about merchandise at a collectors meeting!

Seriously, the club needs something like that. Shirt, patch, and a long term goal could be the coin. They are so cool. :cool:

13. Mike-El

Mike-El Jedi Knight star 3

Oct 16, 2006
    I just hope we don't have to wait till 2008 to get a shirt of sorts.

I know of a way thru shopstarwars that you can order your own t-shirt w/various Star Wars icons and I believe have lettering as well.

It wouldn't be the "offical" shirt but maybe a start for those members wanting one now and not wanting to wait till whenever we decide on a shirt.

The coin idea is a very good one.

Here are several examples of them.

14. capnfatpants

Mar 20, 2006
    What's the idea behind a coin? Something cool for the club members to have? or something to sell/give away at events?

Would the design change every year or so to make it more "collectible"?

I'm "coin-clueless" to coin a phrase :D.

As for shirts - does anyone know if Cafepress would allow a shirt with the Imperial logo and the word Jedi on it? I've got a few shops at cafepress, but all the designs are strictly mine (and mostly text anyway). That might be a way for the club to generate some miniscule income too, by selling shirts and hats and posters and such on cafepress.

15. Darth_TKD

Jan 6, 2002
    I don't think we'd be able to sell them, due to licensing restrictions. If we make them for ourselves, that's fine, but if I understand it correctly, once we start selling them we're violating Lucasfilm's copyright.

16. Mike-El

Mike-El Jedi Knight star 3

Oct 16, 2006
    Here is Wikipedia's definition here.

As the wiki states...

A challenge coin is a small coin or medallion (usually military), bearing an organization?s insignia or emblem and is carried by the organization?s members. They are given to prove membership when challenged and to enhance morale.

If we did them they would not be for sale or just given away. Cole know a lot of the history behind them. As how to get one, I assume, would be that all existing members would automatically become eligible to purchase/attain one. Then interested people in our FF would receive/purchase theirs once they become a member as defines at that time.

The design, and I am sure Cole would back me up, is way too costly to produce yearly. This would be a design that would sustain us for many, many years.

But this idea is just an idea to be pondered in the future.

Example:
    By using the 501st Bloodfin Garrison as a basis it would probably have "E'ville Jedi" est 2002 on the front with some other design in the background and on the back we could have an orange barrel with "the E'ville Jedi" around the outer edge and at the bottom of the outer edge we could have Evansville, Indiana on the bottom outer edge.

[image=http://bp3.blogger.com/_rDvP2zLfBYs/RfjoF3AmRdI/AAAAAAAAABw/s__kIdxzuUY/s1600/front.jpg]

[image=http://bp3.blogger.com/_rDvP2zLfBYs/RfjoQ3AmReI/AAAAAAAAAB4/eN1iSM2cbSs/s1600-h/back.jpg]

17. capnfatpants

Mar 20, 2006
    Oh. Interesting idea.

18. capnfatpants

Mar 20, 2006
    Right... "duh" on my part.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.