main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Evan, IN The E'ville Lounge

Discussion in 'MidWest Regional Discussion' started by TC517, Sep 1, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Yoda_Jammies

Yoda_Jammies Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jan 28, 2003
    http://www.nbc5.com/irresistible/4717807/detail.html?z=dp&dpswid=1260382&dppid=65192

I still haven't gotten my stuff back...

s'kiddin

Jammies

2. WedgesOtherNephew

WedgesOtherNephew Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 6, 2002
    I think I know what the problem was and I really wish I would have been there!

There was a REAL lightsaber in there!!!

Right Adam? :)

3. Yoda_Jammies

Yoda_Jammies Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jan 28, 2003
    HA! (that's funny!)

4. Darth_TKD

Darth_TKD Jedi Youngling star 3

Jan 6, 2002
    In addition to the real lightsaber, the bag also contained a hair brush that had an inordinately high concentration of red hair on it...

:D

5. WedgesOtherNephew

Jun 6, 2002
    Back to Space:

Congratulations to the Shuttle Discovery and NASA as we return to space today. A successful liftoff was made this morning. May the Force be with them throughout their mission!

6. GeekGoddess

GeekGoddess Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 24, 2005
    A shame they couldn't/didn't take any of "Scotty's" ashes with them. That would have been kinda cool.

7. GeekGoddess

Feb 24, 2005
    Hey... has anyone heard from Bill lately? Was he shipped out a couple weeks ago with that large deployment from here? If so, did anyone get an address to send him stuff?

8. WedgesOtherNephew

Jun 6, 2002
    ^^ Scotty's ashes were going up in a private rocket, going to orbit Earth, and then burn up in the atmosphere. It is my understanding that Gene Roddenberry had the same thing done.

Yeah, I think Bill has deployed by now. Right around the Fantastic Four event he was trying to get everything ready. I will see if I can get ahold of someone in his family to see if there is an address or email or something.

9. G1Prowl

G1Prowl Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 10, 2005
    I'm still here red ;) I've had a few busy weeks with work and family. Thankfully I've got some vacation time left and I plan on using it before I leave. My ship date is Aug. 9th. I'll try to get you guys my address when I get it.

10. GeekGoddess

Feb 24, 2005
    YAY!!! So when do we get to give you a send off gathering?

11. G1Prowl

G1Prowl Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 10, 2005
    I appreciate the offer for a gathering Red but I'm not much for goodbys. Now if anyone wants to celebrate when I get back, I'm all for that. ;) As for right now, I'm just trying to spend as much time as I can with my family. I'm also taking the last of my vacation time this week so between all the packing and tying up loose ends, I should be able to check the boards a little more often. :)

12. Y2Jedi

Y2Jedi Jedi Youngling star 3

Jan 9, 2001
    Anyone happen to know how to write either Thai or Japanese? Or at least somewhere where I could find out? I want to get "May the Force be with you" in one of those languages for a um...tattoo. Yeah, I'm getting a Star Wars tattoo. How's that for nerding it up?

13. GeekGoddess

Feb 24, 2005
    You may have to wait for a bit after school starts, but check with someone in the Japanese club at USI or UE. I'm not quite that proficient... although I guess I could break out the Hirigana flash cards and piece it together for you... kinda like Japanese Phonics for English.

14. Stackpole_The_Hobbit

Stackpole_The_Hobbit Jedi Master star 6

Jul 31, 2002
    Last year at UE's international bazaar I got my name done in Japanese. Can't remember which language it was though

15. jediravenclaw

jediravenclaw Jedi Youngling star 3

Dec 29, 2004
    I have a friend down here that went to Japan as an exchange student for a year, I'll ask him for you :)

16. WedgesOtherNephew

Jun 6, 2002
    I've gotta tell you...the movie Madison has got me a little captivated & excited.

I like sports movies & also ones based on true stories and this is both. It is about the Indiana town which inherited it's own unlimited hydroplane racing boat in the 60's and has owned it & raced it ever since. I also like Jim Caveziel. Drumroll please...young Anakin is in it, too. This independent film, which obvoiusly has taken a long time to get to the big screen also stars Jake Lloyd (as young as he was in TPM.)

I took an interest in the first few "Thunder's." And, no not for the booze. I was 9 when the hydros first came to town.

Showplace's site isn't giving showtimes right now, but I believe it is there (along with some other major hydro towns). It is a shame this movie couldn't have gotten a wider release. I expect it to be in the same vein as "Hoosiers" & "Friday Night Lights."

Small town America still lives and I will Support Madison.

Check out their web page!!!...and watch the trailer. :)

17. jediravenclaw

Dec 29, 2004
    I'm on me way! :)

Actually, I'm posting this from southern tennessee...You guys weren't kidding when you said that there wasn't much of a difference in weather between there and miami - it's too warm ALL across this country!, lol...

oh well...at least the humidity is down from 70%...ish... ;)

18. Stackpole_The_Hobbit

Jul 31, 2002
  19. jediravenclaw

Dec 29, 2004

ok, well, that was in TN, lol. There was this pocket of cool weather in the middle of ungodly florida heat that belongs right where one should think it belongs....in florida.

That being said, I have arrived. It's odd....being 1100 miles from home, and kinda hard right now, but I think it'll be easier once classes start. I love school and I'll love to have my studies to throw myself into and kinda forget distances, at least until this all hits me I guess.

And yes, Stackpole...the humidity is a bit lower than it was down there...but the heat is just as bad ;)

20. jediravenclaw

Dec 29, 2004
    so does anyone else here currently attend the university? If so, PM me! :)

21. jediravenclaw

Dec 29, 2004
    Random question....is there an Indian supermarket around here? I need a new supplier of henna....

thanks!

22. Stackpole_The_Hobbit

Jul 31, 2002
    You know I'm not sure ... there are a few oriental markets you could probably find what you need at. There's one like right across the expressway from the UE baseball feild. :p

23. jediravenclaw

Dec 29, 2004
    yeah, I went to the oriental market today on weinbach (south?) of the university for pocky and other stuff, but oriental markets never have henna - it's found in indian markets or genericlly "international" markets. I was told that there was an indian one around somewhere, but wasn't sure where...

I mean, if not that's alright, my friends said that they'd ship me up from home, but it'd just be so much easier to have a supply up here, ya know?

:)

EDIT: wow, I'm not going to attempt to spell at 2 am anymore...

24. Stackpole_The_Hobbit

Jul 31, 2002
    well I don't know of one ... hmmm

if you find it, let me know where it is and I'll conduct a raid and have curry night :p

25. navarre1095

navarre1095 Jedi Master star 4

May 21, 2005
    Isn't there a Shahi Dawat next to Eastland Mall?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.