main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Evan, IN The E'ville Lounge

Discussion in 'MidWest Regional Discussion' started by TC517, Sep 1, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JediMasterJaina

JediMasterJaina Jedi Padawan star 4

May 19, 2003
    This is going to be very interesting....

~JMJ

2. Stackpole_The_Hobbit

Stackpole_The_Hobbit Jedi Master star 6

Jul 31, 2002
    [face_laugh] Have fun with them :p

3. TC517

TC517 Jedi Padawan star 4

May 14, 2001
    You don't have to worry about me. :)
    I'm a succesful business man at age 17, I have a girlfriend of long standing, and I don't smell very much. I also founded this fine club of crazy people. :)

4. Stackpole_The_Hobbit

Jul 31, 2002
    But he'll try to get you to dress up as a cowgirl. So yes, you do have to worry about him :p

5. Edric-the-grey

Edric-the-grey Jedi Youngling star 2

May 28, 2003
    JMJ:

Good luck with the move!

Peace,
    Edric

6. WedgesOtherNephew

WedgesOtherNephew Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 6, 2002
    Okay, I've got to ask...How many cowboy pics did you take before you declared yourself a "successful businessman?"

I mean, you haven't done a cowboy wedding or a Western Lightsaber duel yet...

8-}

7. TC517

TC517 Jedi Padawan star 4

May 14, 2001
    Wouldn't you say that providing a cheap service to WT in Evansville makes one successful? :)
    While everyone else was at movie night, I had a lady buy $70 worth of cowboy pictures. That is success... or just sad.

8. Stackpole_The_Hobbit

Jul 31, 2002
    Cole, you keep deluding yourself :D

9. WedgesOtherNephew

Jun 6, 2002
    What does WT mean?

Western Turds?

Never mind I just figured it out...

:D :)

10. Yoda_Jammies

Yoda_Jammies Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jan 28, 2003
    Hey Gang!

go to:
    http://www.io2technology.com/applications.htm

It's a real life hologram, just like some movie we all watch.
    Anyway, i thought it was cool.
    Jammies

11. Stackpole_The_Hobbit

Jul 31, 2002
  12. Edric-the-grey

May 28, 2003
    ^^ Hey, Stacky, thanks for the Monday night laugh! I always appreciate seeing the good Admiral. I wasn't aware that he was on Earth, though. Usually, he stops by for coffee.

Peace,

Steve

13. Stackpole_The_Hobbit

Jul 31, 2002
    Nearly every time Fark has a photoshop thing (roughly twice daily :p) they have an Ackbar one :p

14. Edric-the-grey

May 28, 2003
    Please extend my deepest appreciation to.....Mr. Fark.

Steve

15. Stackpole_The_Hobbit

Jul 31, 2002
  16. WedgesOtherNephew

Jun 6, 2002
    Jammies:

Good find..."heliodisplay"...hmm, I guess they did not want to pay GL for "holograph" or "hologram."

Who else thinks the Honda Asimo should be called a "droid?"

Also...my current "comm-link" came from Verizon. How about yours?

17. Yoda_Jammies

Jan 28, 2003
    Mine's Sprint.

All this Star Wars to real life ting is cool and all, but all I want is a glass of blue milk. Well, a glass of blue milk and an AT AT.

With a spoiler.

And a boom boom radio.
    Good night.

<Hops into his chrome AT AT and cruises Green River Road>

18. WedgesOtherNephew

Jun 6, 2002
    [face_laugh]

What about hydraulics??

19. Edric-the-grey

May 28, 2003
    Hello, all. The Force.net has a link to some fairly nifty stills from Episode III. As I respect those amoung us who are spoiler free, I won't tell what they are. I also won't provide the link as I've forgotten it.

Molly is here with me now, BTW, and says hey. She's watching a DVD of Gene Roddenberry's Andromeda and is a little confused about the Captain (Hunt) who looks a lot like Hercules. :)

So I wouldn't have to re-read Force Heretic II, I recently purchased the CD and am listening to it on the way to work. Pretty cool. I think that I've found an alternative to the radio, which is almost as bad as TV!

Peace,

Edric

20. WedgesOtherNephew

Jun 6, 2002
    Yeah, those links...dangerous!

I was completely Spoiler Free for Eppy I & II, but now that I'm on the boards a lot I've gone darkside. But I think (hope) I'll be switching back. There are some real spoilers out there now!!

I've seen some advertisements for Andromeda, and I've been wanting to check it out. I think it is on WGN, but I have not caught it yet.

21. Yoda_Jammies

Jan 28, 2003
    <Mike Blake Voice> Hey Gang:

I?m sorry if this post goes on too long, but I feel the need to share with you all my day at work/school. For those of you who don?t know; I have a job at Wright State where I plan/lead camping trips for students and rent camping gear. This job pays my tuition, room and board while I?m at school getting my Masters. Well, my office is in the student center where I get a lot of walk-in traffic of people unfamiliar with the Outdoor Center and want to know more? like the kid (lets call him Porkins) who came in today.
    Now, I would never make fun of Porkins, or anyone else, for being weird or a geek or whathaveyou (ME=POT, KETTLE=BLACK), but this kid! Wow!
    Anyway: I?m filling out paperwork and this kid (really, picture a young Porkins with Drew Carey glasses) wonders in asking what all the tents are for. I explain that I offer a service for students who wish to camp. Says he, ?I don?t camp. Unless it?s online. And only on Kashyyk.?
    I?m thinking, ?hey he must like Star Wars.? And as I have no friends here in Ohio, I figure I might meet a buddy. So I say, ?I bet Galaxies is neat!?
    He goes on, by Kit Fisto?s lightsaber, for forty minutes explaining the past present and future state of his online character? a Bothan sharpshooter. I never got in another word, the kid just kept on talking about the girl he danced with at the cantina, about his disdain for womprats, guilds he is in, how close he is to getting an AT-ST, blah blah. I had to go back to my work, and he just kept talking. On, and on and on, no kidding. Now, I?ve been to C2, I?m an (expatiated) E?ville Jedi, and I own over 300 little miniatures of Star Wars characters, but this kid?s devotion to a Star Wars video game scarred ME.
    Anyway, a co-worker asked me to join her for lunch (which was nice). As we were looking for a seat, I said I would like a table by the wall so I could check out the student body (me being coy). An eavesdropping 60ish waitress replied, ?You can check me out anytime you want!?
    What a weird day. I hope all goes well with you in E?ville. I?ll watch the Daily Show tonight to see my hometown lampooned.
    MTFBWY
    Jammies.

22. Stackpole_The_Hobbit

Jul 31, 2002
    That was ... yeah ... um ...

Well, that's about how I feel posting in places like Lit and movie forums :p

23. WedgesOtherNephew

Jun 6, 2002
    Yeah, there's just something about being out-geeked. His name is not Ghyslain is it?

8-}

I'll leave the waitress thing alone...

8-}

Yeah, the Mayor's Comedy Central thing is on tonight again at 6:00 Evansville time I believe..."It will really put us on the map!" Question is: In a good way?

24. Edric-the-grey

May 28, 2003
    Jammies:

WOW...just WOW. I'd say you win the prize for wackiest day. After your story, I think that I will watch some nice non-science fiction tonight. Maybe reruns of Felicity or Dawson's Creek on DVD. Yeah, that stuff'll really ground me in reality.....

Peace,

Edric

25. Edric-the-grey

May 28, 2003
    I had a remarkable Saturday and I just wanted to share it. I recently saw the music video to that song by Evanescence: "Bring Me to Life"; then, I saw Underworld before I went to the station to work Saturday afternoon (excellent movie IMO); then, at the station after I nuked some vegetable soup for dinner I began reading a poem from Lord Byron "She Walks in Beauty". Okay, I then was hit by the idea for a short story. (I've aways wanted to try to publish a short story in one of the remaining sci-fi mags). Anyway, for three hours straight between break switching I wrote and wrote. I wrote like a crazy man. The characters and plot just came out of my pen onto the paper into my journal. For the first time in many, many years I felt full of creativity and life. It was amazing. I was at the station again this morning and wrote for two hours. I'm still not finished. Well, I may never finish it. If I do, it will probably never be published. But, it felt good to be like my old college self again.
    I hope I didn't bore you all too terribly much. I just felt like sharing.

Peace,

Edric.

PS: Dare Devil was a great movie (That's where I saw the video)

PPS: Underworld was sooooooo great! Finally, Kate B. had a good script, although Serendipity was fairly A worththy!

Have a nice week and May the Force Be with You!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.