main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Evan, IN The E'ville Lounge

Discussion in 'MidWest Regional Discussion' started by TC517, Sep 1, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JediMasterJaina

JediMasterJaina Jedi Padawan star 4

May 19, 2003
    Edric-

That's amazing!! I'm so glad for you! I had a really great Saturday too....wasn't as creative as yours, but it was still awesome none the less... [face_blush] Hehehe....

~JMJ

2. Stackpole_The_Hobbit

Stackpole_The_Hobbit Jedi Master star 6

Jul 31, 2002
    Hey all, I had a really awesome Saturday, too. Not a bit of writing, but it was ... um, fun ;) :p

3. Yoda_Jammies

Yoda_Jammies Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jan 28, 2003
    Good for you Steve!

Hey I caught the Daily Show bit. Wow, is there anything Pat won't do to sell furniture? Too bad they didn't put a plug in for cowboy/jedi weddings.

Jammies

4. Stackpole_The_Hobbit

Jul 31, 2002
    *wishes he'd registered to vote so I could make Lloyd unemployed*

:D

5. Edric-the-grey

Edric-the-grey Jedi Youngling star 2

May 28, 2003
    Oh joy, oh rapture.....Underworld made 22 million at the box office! It only cost 22 million to make. This means......SEQUEL!!!!!

A new franchise for me to infiltrate!!!!!!

Happy days are here again!

Have a nice rest of the week. I hope to see you all at next Tuesday's Book Club.

Peace,

Edric

6. Stackpole_The_Hobbit

Jul 31, 2002
    So it doesn't suck? :p

7. Edric-the-grey

May 28, 2003
    No, it doesn't. I know that you'll find this hard to belief, but I initially went to see it just because of Kate Beckinsale being in it. I usually don't just go to a movie because of the girl :) Oh, alright, I do. The movie really just drew me in with the story, characters, and the gothic world it created. I'm looking forward to reading the novel, comic adaptation, original stories (if any), etc. Also, they are coming out with some fairly good action figures. I'll have to get the one of Selene (Kate's character) to put next to my Admiral Ackbar and Mr. Spock. I'll have to watch the movie again to be sure, but I think that the character of Selene may become my third most favorite character of all time, preceded by Mr. Spock and, of course, Admiral Ackbar at the top. My apologies to Commander Sinclair of Babylon 5 fame, but you may just get bumped to #4.

See ya,

Edric

PS: GO SEE THIS MOVIE. IT ROCKS. A+ ON THE EDRIC SCALE OF GREATNESS.

8. Stackpole_The_Hobbit

Jul 31, 2002
    DON'T SEE IT! IT'S A TRAAAP!

//obligatory

9. Edric-the-grey

May 28, 2003
    NOOOOO! YOU MUST GO SEE IT!!!!! IT'S A TRAAAAAAAP IF YOU DON'T!

UNDERWORLD RULES!!!!!!

ADMIRAL ACKBAR GIVES IS TWO FINS UP!

PEACE,

EDRIC

10. Edric-the-grey

May 28, 2003
    Hi, gang. Well, After a long/hectic week, I squeezed in a second viewing of Underworld. I can now, without any reservations, declare it great. :)

(in Yoda's voice to Selene) .....confer upon you the level of third greatest iconic figure ever the council does.

Selene to Edric (In Kate B.s voice): "Oh, thank-you Edric-the-Grey. You are sooooo much cooler, smarter, and more of a man than that goof ball I worked with in Pearl Harbor!

AH, to dream......

Edric

11. Stackpole_The_Hobbit

Jul 31, 2002
    Hey, Affleck's cool :p

Except when he's marrying J-Hole.

12. WedgesOtherNephew

WedgesOtherNephew Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 6, 2002
    Selene to Edric (In Kate B.s voice): "Oh, thank-you Edric-the-Grey. You are sooooo much cooler, smarter, and more of a man than that goof ball I worked with in Pearl Harbor!

At least you didn't say richer...:p

13. Edric-the-grey

May 28, 2003
    ^^ lol :)

Everyone thinks I was talking about Ben. Actually, I was talking about the other one :) Ha Ha, fooled you:)

Well, I found out that there is a sequel to Underworld in development (YE HAAAAAA! I feel just like Lando when the Death Star II blew up - send in the dancing Ewoks).

Anyway, I was thinking that the sequel should go in a different direction. First, and most importantly, drop Scott Speedman as the love interest. Second, move it ahead in time to the 23rd or 24th Century. I could play a starship captain that finds Selene on some planet and help her to rediscover her humanity.

(the following in William Shatner's voice"

(Pause)....."Selene" (Pause) "Help....ME....Help you..... re-discover your humanity......" (Pause a lot)

Or, perhaps, in Yoda's voice "Help you I can...yees. Humanity rediscover you can."

Oh, well, just some thoughts!

Peace,

Edric

WAY TO GO, KATE!!!!!!!!

14. Stackpole_The_Hobbit

Jul 31, 2002
  15. Edric-the-grey

May 28, 2003
    Well, it's official. There's nothing on TV for me to watch anymore that is new. The season premiere of Mutant X was so bad I read a book during it. The season premiere of Andromeda I stopped watching about 44 minutes into it. But, the big disappointment is Enterprise. The most recent episode, with the "alien sex slave" did me in. I am retiring from active Trek fandom. I simply can no longer watch this "grand dame" slip further into whatever it's become. So, I guess Star Wars is the only big fandom that I am an active part of.
    Oh, well. Are there any conventions coming up nearby?

Have a great week!

Edric

16. WedgesOtherNephew

Jun 6, 2002
    There's nothing on TV for me to watch anymore that is new...

Smallville, baby. Smallville.

I am retiring from active Trek fandom...

Congratulations. 8-}

Are there any conventions coming up nearby?

We'll have to look into that!!

17. Edric-the-grey

May 28, 2003
    I hear that Smallville is good, but I don't get the WB. Is it worth investing in the DVD complete 1st season, or should I wait until syndication. I'm actually looking forward to a season sans TV.
    Well, its off to a book of Bradbury Shortstories (about 850 pages worth, this should last awhile).
    Peace,

Edric.

18. WedgesOtherNephew

Jun 6, 2002
    Our Book Club Leader owns the DVDs, so I'll let him weigh in on an official report. They are on my Christmas list however. :)

The WB is running "Smallville Beginnings" on Sundays & of course the new season's episodes on Wednesdays. Lex Luthor will pay your cable bill if you switch companies to get the WB.

:) 8-} :)

19. Edric-the-grey

May 28, 2003
    ^^Actually, I think that I am going to steer clear from TV for awhile after I get over my "break up" with ENT. I'm really bummed on the whole idea of franchises (ST just could not handle franchise status. It was far better when it was just a little show). I guess I'll have to put my tunnel vision on when it comes to SW, which is most definitely a franchise. At the next book club meeting I will sing "Breaking up is Hard to Do" to help get in touch with my feelings. :)

Peace,

Edric

PS: Or, maybe something from the Manilow collection.

20. Stackpole_The_Hobbit

Jul 31, 2002
    *is suddenly glad he's not there for BC anymore* :p

21. Preachrman007

Preachrman007 Jedi Youngling star 2

May 12, 2002
    Smallville is great! The DVD's are so-so, but the show itself is fantastic. The DVD's needed more. The transfer is good and clear (for a television show anyway), the sound is stereo (no 5.1 remix), and the special features seemed a little weak. I haven't watched the "making of" stuff yet, though. It might be really good. It just didn't seem like there were very many features.

Overall though, I recommend the set to fans of the series, and if you're not a fan yet, become one. Now.

22. Edric-the-grey

May 28, 2003
    Preacherman:

Sounds like a Smallville is a winner. I'm just not in the market just now for a new TV series to follow. (Ohhhhh, the pain.....)

Bradbury here I come.

Peace,

Edric

23. Edric-the-grey

May 28, 2003
    My retirement from current TV watching, most notably ENT is now in its second week. Taebo has taken up some of the time. Right now, literally, I'm watching episodes from the second season of Felicity. Egads.

At least, once I officially resign from my second job, I'll be able to take up hobbies such as going on road trips or hanging out at bookstores and working on my short story. I'm hoping, through an act of "serendipity" I'll meet my soul mate while writing my short story.

On the lighter side, on a recent day off, I substitute taught with a group of fifth graders. One of their spelling words was "lobster". :)

Peace,

Edric

24. Stackpole_The_Hobbit

Jul 31, 2002
    A Fist, a hand, hoocha hoocha hoocha, Ackbar. :p

25. Edric-the-grey

May 28, 2003
    HEEEEEEELLLLLLLLPPPPPPPP!!!!!!!!!!

In preparation for the release of Battlestar Galactica the Epic Series, I decided to watch another favorite from the 70's: Buck Rodgers in the 25th Century. On VHS, no less, I was really going retro:)

But, now, I can't get that bloomin' song out of my head!!!!!!!!! Remember, it went something like.....wait, I'll save it for next Tuesday :)

On a happy note, I have found a TV show to follow! Oh, rapture. It's called Duck Dodgers in the 24th and 1/2 Century! It's on the Cartoon Network.

.....Is anyone else seeing a trend!?

Peace,

Edric

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.