main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Evan, IN The E'ville Lounge

Discussion in 'MidWest Regional Discussion' started by TC517, Sep 1, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Yoda_Jammies

Yoda_Jammies Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jan 28, 2003
    Hey Steve, remember this?

BEE-DEE-BEE-DEE-BEE-DEE

Twiggy the robot.
    Or was it Twinkie?

Jammies
    MTFBWY

2. Edric-the-grey

Edric-the-grey Jedi Youngling star 2

May 28, 2003
    Hi, YJ, I hope that all is well. His name (I think it was a he) was actually Twiki.

Well, I just started watching the BG Epic Series DVDs. They are just as good as I remember, I felt 7 again. I was watching it with Dad and Molly, and I pointed out to Dad that when we first watched this show, he was younger than I am now! We both feel old.

Peace,

Edric

3. Buckaroo_Banzai

Buckaroo_Banzai Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 2, 2002
    Buck Rogers. I haven't seen that in many years. Looks like Sci-Fi is going to start airing them in their daytime schedule in November. Ah, I still remember Twiki's corny line... "Eat lead sucker..." (Voice by Mel Blanc, btw). And the Twiki action figure is one of the few action figures of the 70's that has a spot in the vintage Star Wars collection. I believe he frequently dukes it out with R2 when no one is watching. Now, if you're hooked on the song, I've got the motion picture soundtrack, but alas it is LP.

I've also been enjoying the Battlestar Galactica DVD's. It's amazing how many things I had forgotten, but remember as I watch the show. I had completely forgotten the intro, but when it started... "There are those who believe that life hear began out there...." I found that I could repeat the entire monologue without hearing any more... Maybe TV does brain-wash kids.

And who could forget Daggit the robot dog or the High Noon episode with "Old One-Eye". Well, I did, until I had my memory jarred with a sledgehammer....

4. Edric-the-grey

May 28, 2003
    Yeah, those BG episodes are cool, especially Living Legend with the Battlestar Pegasus. I hope that Buck Rodgers is the next to get the DVD treatment.

Peace,

Edric

PS, I can only imagine what your little Twiki figure would do with my Selene Figure :)

5. Yoda_Jammies

Jan 28, 2003
    Gang;

I still say the robot's name was twinkie.

6. Krash

Krash RSA Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 11, 2000
    I've also been enjoying the Battlestar Galactica DVD's
    I've been wanting this series to come out on DVD, but it's over $100...that's pretty expensive (especially on my budget, and with the holidays coming up)

Buck Rogers would be fun to have on DVD...except make it like M*A*S*H, so I don't have to suffer through that whole bit where they went on the ship...exploring the galaxy (what was that thing called?)

I'm happy with Farscape for the time being...almost through season 3 (1 to go :( )

7. WedgesOtherNephew

WedgesOtherNephew Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 6, 2002
    "I still say the robot's name was twinkie."

Jammies, I'm going with Twiggy or Twiki...Sounds like Twiggy, could be spelled Twiki.

I'm also wondering why no one has brought up Erin Gray yet. Two words: Blue Spandex.

:D :) :p

8. Yoda_Jammies

Jan 28, 2003
    I know, I was only teasing.

Erin Grey, hmm....

9. Edric-the-grey

May 28, 2003
    Krash:

I agree with you with regards to when they moved it to the ship. The ship, I believe, was called the Searcher.

PS, Selene is still MY soulmate; and, my lightsabers name is Barry. :)

Wedgesothernephew:

Erin Grey, very hot back then.

YodaJammies:

I still believe the robots name was Twiki - pronouced Tweekee.

Peace,

Edric

10. Buckaroo_Banzai

Buckaroo_Banzai Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 2, 2002
    Don't forget Pamela Hensley as Princess Ardala.... Those were my favorite episodes, ALTHOUGH my favorite was Ornella Muti as Princess Aura. "Flash.... Goooordooon.... He'll save everyone of us...."

11. Edric-the-grey

May 28, 2003
    ^^ OOOOOOH yeah! :) :)

Peace,

Edric

12. TC517

TC517 Jedi Padawan star 4

May 14, 2001
    Has anyone else got Rebel Strike yet? I was kind of disappointed. I loved the classic footage included all over the place, but I was able to beat all the levels in about 2.5 hours of gameplay, and got bronze metals on most missions. I felt like a lot of the space missions were boring, since you spent most of your time flying around dodging stuff and not dog fighting.

I'll write a full review after I get some time to unlock more extra features...

13. borzou99

borzou99 Jedi Youngling

May 13, 2003
    I didn't like Rebel Strike. I know it's supposed to be "arcade style" but that's ridiculous. I'm sticking to X-Wing Alliance.

14. Stackpole_The_Hobbit

Stackpole_The_Hobbit Jedi Master star 6

Jul 31, 2002
    YEAH! XWA pwn3z j00.

15. WedgesOtherNephew

Jun 6, 2002
    Hey Everyone...

My wife & I got the "get well", erm, I mean "HEAL" card in the mail yesterday. Thanks a lot for that! It really meant a lot to us!

Hopefully she & I will be much better in a year or so...but if all goes well we will steadily improve over the next few months. Thanks again.

Scott

16. Edric-the-grey

May 28, 2003
    ^^ Glad to hear you both are feeling better. I'll keep sending good vibes in your direction.

Now, on to a dire problem. I'M TOO OLD TO AUDITION FOR THE REAL WORLD!!!!!!!! 24 is the oldest that you can be :( I can't believe that in an era when some people are living to be 100, 32 is considered old by some.

I feel terrible. Where has the time gone? Where has my youth gone? Ohhhhhhhh, woe is me.

Sadly yours and in great agony,

Edric-The-Bumbed

17. WedgesOtherNephew

Jun 6, 2002
    I say just move on to the next reality show & be the "Sci Fi" guy there. Will it be "Survivor" or "The Apprentice" or "The Bachelor" [face_shocked]

:)

18. Edric-the-grey

May 28, 2003
    ^^ "The Apprentice" is that the Star Wars one where a Jedi Master takes 12 eager hopefuls and dismisses one each episode until he has his apprentice?

Peace,

Edric

19. WedgesOtherNephew

Jun 6, 2002
    Yeah...often the dismissals turn into "agressive negotiations." See: the fan film "Duality."

20. Edric-the-grey

May 28, 2003
    Hey, gang. I just took a Star Wars personality test and it says that of all the characters in the Star Wars Pantheon I am most like......Luke Skywalker!!!!!! Whooo Hoooo!!!!! May the Force Be With Me.

I expect a lot more respect at all the club functions :) !!!!!

I think we should all take this test and post the results. I honestly don't know the site, I just plugged "Star Wars Personality Test" into the Search Engine and hit enter.

Anyway, I'm off to Tosche Station to Pick up some new power converters :)

Peace,

Edric

21. WedgesOtherNephew

Jun 6, 2002
    I actually took 2 different SW personality tests.

On the first one I got:
    2 Admiral Ackbars (By the book leader)
    1 Ewok (Social but not too social)
    1 Qui Gon Jinn (Helpful & courteous)
    1 Leia (Calm under pressure)
    (It broke you down into 5 cats)

On the second one I got:
    Lando!!

I'm the respectable one, remember! Administrator of an entire city. General! Pilot! Let's just forget about how I sold out my best friend just because Vader was gonna squash me.

This was fun...I did the same thing as Steve...just typed in "Star Wars Personality Test" into Google.

22. Edric-the-grey

May 28, 2003
    ^^It broke you down into 5 cats? What kind of cats? I like cats. I have several, all named Spot.

Oh, and once again, Steve wears glasses and Edric does not. Therefore, they both cannot possibly be the same person. :) :) :) :) :)

Oh, again. Has anyone picked up the 13 episodes of MTV's Spiderman on DVD? Walmart has it for $24.95 and I thought that I would gather some informed opinions before spending my hard earned $$ for 13 episodes of a series I never watched in first run. Speaking of Spiderman, this is weird. While a young lad, I was deathly afraid of Spiders (Using the force and deep meditation, I cured myself in my elder years). Yet, Spiderman was my favorite superhero. How wacky is that!? Now, of course, my favorite is the Green Lantern, despite the fact that dark blue is my favorite color. Again, how wacky is that?

Peace,

Ste..er.....Edric.

.....Oh dear GOD, I saw a Spider!!!!!!!!!!!! Help!!!!!

23. Preachrman007

Preachrman007 Jedi Youngling star 2

May 12, 2002
    I just took the Personality test. My catergories are as follows:

1. Openess: C-3PO. I am conventional, down-to-earth, have narrow interests and an uncreative.

2. Conscientious: Mon Mothma. I am reliable, well-organized, self-disciplined, and careful.

3. Extraversion: "Old Ben" Kenobi. I am introverted, reserved, inhibited, quiet.

4. Agreeableness: Darth Vader/Anakin Skywalker. It says I'm right in the middle here, since Darth Vader represents both good and evil. On the one hand, kind & warm, on the other, evil & ruthless.

5. Neurotisicm: C-3PO. I am nervous, high-strung, insecure, and worrying.

I have to say that I'm not surprised by most of this, especially the C-3PO ones. Back when I worked at Showplace, some people there made a list comparing everyone there with Star Wars characters. Needless to say, I way cast as C-3PO due to the fact that I was high-strung, worrying, etc.

The Darth Vader thing does surprise and worry me though. I didn't know I had that kind of "dark side" streak in me...

24. Edric-the-grey

May 28, 2003
    ^^Ah, my young friend...do not fear your darkness, for without the darkness, one cannot truly see the light.

I sorta see the C-3P0 in you - HA HA :)

Peace,

Edric, the wise

25. Darth Maul 1277

Darth Maul 1277 Jedi Youngling star 1

Jan 16, 2000
    I know this is WAAAAAAAAAAAYYYYYYYYYY off topic but I thought you guys might be interested. I recently started reading a book called Invitation to Valhalla by Mike Wicker. The cool thing is (aside from being an AMAZING book) that it takes Place in Evansville. I guess this guy is a teacher at Reitz. Upon googleing him I read that he is working on another book with the help of his senior english class. Cole are you helping out on this? If you guys get a chance to pick this book up I HIGHLY reccomend it!

Charlie

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.