main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Evan, IN The E'ville Lounge

Discussion in 'MidWest Regional Discussion' started by TC517, Sep 1, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Yoda_Jammies

Yoda_Jammies Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jan 28, 2003
    You know, i have to give a psy test for my masters; and this one is more fun than the myires-brigg. Here goes:

95% Yoda: wise, creative
    52% Grand Moff Tarkin: good leader, but often over looks details (like vents for exaust ports, handrails)
    89% Lando: works every time
    90% Obi: loyal and kind
    27% R2: brave

Do you guys see me as a tarkin? My hair has started to thin since I started my Masters, but I would never blow up an innocent matte painting.

Man, if there was a question about painting little game peices, but never playing the game I'd clean up. Or dealing with odd balls from Ohio.

MTFBWY
    Jammies

2. Edric-the-grey

Edric-the-grey Jedi Youngling star 2

May 28, 2003
    ^^ Your hair is thinning? Oh, no.....It's a TRAAAAP!!!!! I blame mine on my career. Oh, well, at least we have each other as company!

Darthmaul - is that book at Barnes and Noble or Borders? I'd like to read it.

Peace,

Edric

3. Stackpole_The_Hobbit

Stackpole_The_Hobbit Jedi Master star 6

Jul 31, 2002
    It's at both, and it's a featured local author at both I think.

4. Edric-the-grey

May 28, 2003
    Stacky,

Thanks. I'll try to find it the next time I voyage to Evansville.

Peace,

Edric the Most Wise

5. Darth Maul 1277

Darth Maul 1277 Jedi Youngling star 1

Jan 16, 2000
    Edric

Books a Million also has it. One warning though. Once you start it you will have a hard time putting it down.
    Sometime let me know when you're at work I'd like to stop in and actually meet you.

Cole: do you happen to kow the author of the book? His name is Mike Whicker and he teaches at Reitz.

Charlie

6. Darth Maul 1277

Darth Maul 1277 Jedi Youngling star 1

Jan 16, 2000
    Edric

You can also find that book a LOT cheaper at amazon

charlie

7. TC517

TC517 Jedi Padawan star 4

May 14, 2001
    I know "big whick." He's quite a character. Pipefitter turned teacher with a love for history. His dad was an army ranger at D-Day and his mom was a "Rosy the Riviter" at a factory. His connection to WWII is amazing.

I haven't read the book, but some friend said it was good. Knowing who Whicker is, it's kinda funny. He loves Reitz football and I've heard that the characters are all named after different coaches.

8. WedgesOtherNephew

WedgesOtherNephew Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 6, 2002
    Jammies,

I actually do not see much Tarkin in you...

However, you may not blow up an innocent matte painting, but what about a model prop? Huh? Huh?

8-}

9. Yoda_Jammies

Jan 28, 2003
    Well...

Maybe if the prop looked at me funny...

10. Stackpole_The_Hobbit

Jul 31, 2002
    Reminds me of a friend's sig.

"I did punch a baby once.
    To be fair, the baby was kind of being a dick."

11. WedgesOtherNephew

Jun 6, 2002
    As the "owner" 8-} of a baby...Let me just say...That is just wrong.

12. Stackpole_The_Hobbit

Jul 31, 2002
    Yeah, if it was real :p

13. Edric-the-grey

May 28, 2003
    *****Topic Change*****

I have a confession. I HATE Sunday's starting around 4pm. (Unless, of course, I'm off work the next day).

It never fails, I could almost set a clock to it. Around 4pm, my stomach begins to cramp, I get very nervous, and depressed. I think about going to the place I work and leaving the safety of my books and movies and just go into a panic. When I was in school, I didn't get this; nor when I substitute taught full time.

Anyway, I was at my Dad's school with him today and looking through some of the Library Books. I came across one that hadn't been checked out since 1982 (an old Hardy Boys Book). And, guess who was the last person who checked it out.....yep, me. For about 1 second, I could actually see myself reading the book back in the fifth grade. Then I got more sad and felt old. Does anyone else pick up a favorite old book, comic, action figure or whatever and feel that?

So, does anyone else feel like this sometimes? Is this a problem all us "Sci-Fi" fans have? Or, is it just another one of my crazy character traits?

Peace,

Edric-The-Lost-Soul

14. WedgesOtherNephew

Jun 6, 2002
    Okay, I'll say it...time for you to look for another job!

15. Edric-the-grey

May 28, 2003
    ^^Actually, I was hoping to win the lottery, make a career on reality TV, or create an epic sci-fi trilogy that spawns a merchandise empire in the mega range - all of which could never happen.....:)

Love and Hugs,

Edric.

REJOICE!!!!!!!! MONDAY IS OVER!!!!!!!!!

16. TI9362

TI9362 Jedi Youngling star 2

May 5, 2003
    Hey, Edric.. Never give up on your dreams! I'm now one (tiny) step closer to a big Hollywood actor; I participated in the filming of "Saving Star Wars" last Sunday. I did a little write-up in my blog if you want to check it out:

http://dragoncon.blogspot.com/

I'm already planning my Golden Globe acceptance speech... not. :)

-=joe=-

17. Edric-the-grey

May 28, 2003
    ^^ GOOD FOR YOU! I'll check it out.

I, actually, feel that I have just come through a crucible and have two choices: (1) Continue a pipe dream of being a teaching, finding my soul mate, having a couple of kids, and having a great life like my parents continue to enjoy or, (2) get a job at a big bank with a big office/title and succumb completely to the dark side.

"You don't know the POWER of the DARK SIDE!",

Darth Edric

18. WedgesOtherNephew

Jun 6, 2002
    Hey all, I wanted to post a relatively obscure SW reference and do a little celebrating:

During the NCAA basketball championship tourney which is going on right now, I had the games on and was busy around the house, but to my surprise one of the college bands was playing "The Imperial March." I got a huge chuckle out of that...and the cause for celebration...Kentucky got beat!!! I hope all the hoops fans out there enjoy the sweet 16.

19. WedgesOtherNephew

Jun 6, 2002
    Hey all, I just wanted to bop into the lounge and give a VIRUS WARNING! On my FanForce e-mail, I have gotten several e-mails from ChrisKenobi of the Quad City Jedi Order...all "fake"...all with attachments...and all viruses I'd say. So beware of all FF (and all) e-mails with attachments. It may be replicating itself in address books.

20. Yoda_Jammies

Jan 28, 2003
    Yah Scott,

I have been getting some weird stuff too. Like this:

To YodaJamm97@force.net
    From Utinni@force.net

NEW BISNESS DEAL URGENT

Dear many new business friend:

HELLO I AM UTINNI OF JAWA CLAN WABBLE WABBLE. FIRST, I MUST SOLICIT YOUR STRICTEST CONFIDENCE IN THIS TRANSACTION. THIS IS BY VIRTUE OF ITS NATURE AS BEING UTTERLY CONFIDENTIAL AND 'TOP SECRET' AS CLAN HEAD I AM INCHARGE OF BRINGING GOODS INTO PLANET YET ALL GOODS ARE CURRENTLY HELD IN THE HUTT CRIMEBOSS VAULT IN THE DUNE SEA. MY FORMER CLAN MATE SET UP A LARGE ACCOUNT IN JABBA?S PALACE, YET AFTER THE CRIME BOSS?S DEATH THE VAULT HAS BEEN VACANT. UNTILL NOW FRIEND PARTNER, WITH YOUR HELP AND YOUR HOLONET ACCOUNT NUMBER, WE CAN REGAIN MY CLAN?S WEALTH AND GIVE YOU 50 PERCENT FRIEND PARTNER.

It goes on and on................

21. TC517

TC517 Jedi Padawan star 4

May 14, 2001
    Don't all of your e-mails sound like that? The ones I write do... ;)

Some people even outgeek us...

22. KesshiRoshiv

KesshiRoshiv Jedi Youngling

Sep 25, 2004
    Hi I live in Morganfield KY and got an ad for your group in a Star Wars book I bought at Barns & Nobles in E'ville. Anyways, does your group allow homosexuals to join? I ask because it could cause problems later.

23. Preachrman007

Preachrman007 Jedi Youngling star 2

May 12, 2002
    Of course we do. We are an all-inclusive group. Men, women, heterosexual, homosexual, black, white, whatever, anyone but Gungans.

Just out of curisity, how could it cause problems later?

24. KesshiRoshiv

KesshiRoshiv Jedi Youngling

Sep 25, 2004
    Some people are not very nice when it comes to homosexuals, which is why I can't tell my parents until I can afford to live on my own. But that's another story. So you meet the second Sat. of each month correct?

25. Stackpole_The_Hobbit

Jul 31, 2002
    I'm a Gungan and I object to that remark! >:eek: :p

Seriously, you're welcome to come. Only thing we require is that you love Star Wars. Oh, and you're willing to put up with weird theories :p

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.