main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

The evolution of contemporary society and the Jedi Order: Male/female role distribution

Discussion in 'Star Wars Saga In-Depth' started by Quiet_Mandalorian, Jul 17, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Quiet_Mandalorian

Quiet_Mandalorian Jedi Master star 5

Apr 19, 2005
    One thing I find myself pondering from time is what the Jedi Order might have been conceived as having been like, had Episodes I, II and III had been filmed from 1977 to 1983.

Foremost among the various questions that come to mind is whether or not there would have been female Jedi depicted as functioning in the capacity of knights, or actual warriors, as the PT does depict them.

My own opinion is that, given that Princess Leia is one of the very few female characters in the OT to even have a name, and simply the impression I have of the OT as being of a set of stories in a more "traditional" vein, the possibility of female Jedi combatants could on the whole be considered to be fairly low.

What's your opinion on this?

2. sith_rising

sith_rising Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jan 7, 2004
    There would have been no Aayla Secura, that's for sure.

3. Darth_Maestro

Darth_Maestro Jedi Master star 4

Jan 27, 2005
    well... there is...mon mothma,but all she does is lead the whole freaking rebellion!!!!

4. Quiet_Mandalorian

Apr 19, 2005
    Good point.:p

5. DarthPoppy

DarthPoppy Jedi Master star 4

May 31, 2005
    And what do all these female Jedi actually do in PT? Jocasta Nu is one of the only ones to get a speaking role, and all she is is the "shhhinng" librarian! I don't think Lucas has made much progress here.

6. Quiet_Mandalorian

Apr 19, 2005
    I'm talking about them fighting. Were the films made in sequential order, I doubt there would have been female Jedi fighting (and dying) in the Geonosis arena.

7. Darth_Maestro

Darth_Maestro Jedi Master star 4

Jan 27, 2005
    Well maybe back then...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.