main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

JCC ~*~ The Ewan McGregor Fan Club of the JCC ~*~

Discussion in 'Community' started by Quarantine, Mar 19, 2002.

1. obimom

obimom Jedi Master star 4

Oct 31, 2010
    I'll have to look that up...I've wondered about that movie...it seemed on first glance documentarish (is that a word?), but is there a story to it?

2. serendipityaey

serendipityaey Jedi Master star 4

Jan 24, 2004
    The title is odd, but no it's a movie. Emily Blunt is in it, she's lovely. I think it's based on a book, maybe based on a true story. I wasn't sure what it was at first either.

3. serendipityaey

Jan 24, 2004
    New interview from the other night, missed it on tv, but thank goodness for youtube. It's a great interview, and he even mentions his baby girl.

http://youtu.be/v19BxxXk2Fk

4. obimom

Oct 31, 2010
    Still had a few minutes so I watched it. Thanks for posting that!! I missed it too. Before I was working and too tired to stay up late I was turning on Craig Ferguson to see if Ewan was on it...up to last week sometime I was still doing that. But recently I've been going to bed early...can't hardly stay awake past 9:30 these days.

I loved it!! It was so funny. I love watching Ewan on Craig's show...they are so much fun to watch together.

They should do a movie...wouldn't that be fun? Well, Maybe...the spontaneity is part of what is so fun about them.

Gotta run now...need to leave for work in fifteen minutes....

:)

5. serendipityaey

Jan 24, 2004
    They are really fun together, I thought it was a great interview, I was laughing many times. They are both funny, and they seem to have a lot in common and get along really well. I don't even know what time that show is on, but I think it's way too late for me :)

6. Gkilkenny

Gkilkenny Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 27, 2004
    That was a funny clip and they are good together. Ewan hasn't lost his touch he is great.=D=

7. Veloz

Veloz Jedi Grand Master star 6

Aug 30, 2004
    Indeed. Ewan and Craig together are trouble [face_laugh]. They make me laugh very hard. It was another fun interview for sure.

Have any of you seen Beginners? such a lovely movie; made me cry a couple of times (i admit it!). I'd love this movie even if Ewan wasnt in it, it's a very funny yet touching story. I highly recommend it to those who havent seen it :)

8. serendipityaey

Jan 24, 2004
    Ewan and Craig are great together, they should have their own show :D

Beginners is really great. I first saw it at the Seattle Film Festival with Ewan, it was very distracting... Thank goodness he left in the middle, or I would not have been paying attention the entire time and I would've missed a great movie [face_love] I saw it again, when it was playing in a local theatre and I liked it even more the second time. Really subtle performances and they felt real, and his character is so sweet and just a little bit lost. Very endearing :)

9. Veloz

Aug 30, 2004
    Lucky you! I dont know if i would have been able to focus right with him there [face_laugh]. I had to wait until it came out on dvd to see it [face_not_talking] but it was well worth the wait :D

So it looks like Ewan is heading for tv: http://www.deadline.com/2011/11/ewan-mcgregor-to-star-in-noah-baumbach-scott-rudins-hbo-pilot-the-corrections/

Ewan McGregor To Star In Noah Baumbach/ Scott Rudin?s HBO Pilot ?The Corrections?

EXCLUSIVE: HBO?s drama pilot The Corrections continues to assemble a stellar cast. In his first regular TV series gig, Ewan McGregor has been tapped to co-star in the Noah Baumbach/Scott Rudin project, joining previously cast Chris Cooper and Dianne Wiest. Based on Jonathan Franzen?s acclaimed book, The Corrections revolves around the troubles of a Midwestern couple (Cooper and Wiest), and their three adult children as they trace their lives from the mid-20th century to ?one last Christmas? together near the turn of the millennium. McGregor will play Chip, the middle child, a Marxist academic who lost his tenure-track position over an affair with a student and now works for a Lithuanian crime boss defrauding American investors. Baumbach and Franzen co-wrote the adaptation, with Baumbach set to direct the pilot. The two are executive producing with Rudin. Trainspotting and Star Wars star McGregor will next be seen in Salmon Fishing In The Yemen, Steven Soderbergh?s Haywire and Bryan Singer?s Jack the Giant Killer. UTA-repped McGregor?s only previous series stint was a guest appearance on ER, which earned him an Emmy nomination in 1997.

10. solojones

solojones Chosen One star 10

Sep 27, 2000
    Wow, I guess I shouldn't be surprised because television is where the best writing and gigs are now anyway. But that is one hell of a cast. The plot outline doesn't grab me strongly at first, but Scott Rudin has a knack for producing great stories. And as someone who has worked a bit in TV and hopes to continue on that path when I graduate, I am thrilled to have people like Ewan working in my world :D

-sj loves kevin spacey

11. Veloz

Aug 30, 2004
    Hey solojones! long time no see :D

Yeah, this seems like a cool project even if Ewan wasnt in it, i'm looking forward to it... and it's HBO! They just produce some high quality stuff for the most part, so it should be interesting.

12. obimom

Oct 31, 2010
    I'm not sure I like the idea of Ewan doing a TV series, even if it's HBO...and the character he is playing sounds pretty sleezy...[face_worried]

I wonder if he's doing it to be home more with his family...if so, I do admire him for that...but I do hope he's going to continue making movies.

We don't get HBO anyway, so it's doubtful if I'll see it, but I've been wanting to see him grab our collective hearts with a sweet romantic lead again, especially in another musical...[face_love]

By the way, I do want to see Beginners sometime...

I saw the end of that Craig Ferguson show on You Tube this evening..quite by accident...but Ewan won the golden mouth harp by playing the mouth harp..Craig just gave up when Ewan took off and began playing it..he's really good! He is so talented...He sings wonderfully (and one of the directors of one of his movies said he has perfect pitch)..and the harmonica tune he played was perfect also, he plays guitar, I think I've seen him on the piano (not sure though..won't swear to it), but recently I finally saw Shallow Grave and lo and behold, he's playing the drums... and very well too!! It's a wonder he's not more into the music side of things, but he's so good in acting anyway...the man is just multi talented...I'd love to see him do more musicals and/or movies about music or musicians...

(sigh)...

[face_love] [face_love] [face_love]

One You-Tuber has a video of him and called it something like Ewan McGorgeous...:p

13. serendipityaey

Jan 24, 2004
    He is so good at all that music stuff! I love music so it's very fun to watch :D I don't get HBO either, but I should be able to watch in online with my sister's subscription, we'll see. I hear you on the character... but you never know [face_love]

Beginners is very very good, but it's a bit sad throughout.

Here's a trailer for Salmon Fishing in the Yemen. It is absolutely adorable, I can't wait

http://movies.yahoo.com/movie/1810175885/video/27619106

And Jack the Giant Killer... he's a bit hard to catch, but he looks absolutely fantastic as a Knight!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7I67Wycxtmk

14. serendipityaey

Jan 24, 2004
    I read up a little on The Corrections, since it is based on a novel... it sounds like to me, in the novel anyway, though Chip (Ewan's character) has made some mistakes, his story definitely takes on a more redemptive tone - growing up and maturing, etc, so it might be very good :D

15. obimom

Oct 31, 2010
    Just watched the two trailors for his new movie...and I'm now sold on the Yemen one...he looks adorable in it and it looks way better than my first impression. Hopefully I get to see it.

Jack looks good too, and Ewan looks really good in it, although we really didn't get to see much of him in the trailor.

I hope he's more than just eye candy in this..:p

Unfortunately most of Ewan's movies pass through with barely a blip on the movie radar around here (midwest) with the exception of his big movies (SW, Moulin Rouge, I think Big Fish got a pretty nice play around here). You're seeing trailors that haven't even made it here yet.

Hopefully these two movies will make more than a passing glace through here this time. Jack looks like a big movie, so it might. Yemen might get hardly a notice, which is sad, because it looks really good now that I've seen more of what it is.

Also I really, really wish I hadn't burned my hubby out on Ewan's movies...he might watch a few of these new movies if I hadn't. Now he doesn't give them the time of day when any come around (on Cable, etc.) even if they have good reviews, etc. So for me to see any of them I have to catch them at the right time on Cable (while hubby's working for instance), or get it at the library and watch while he's working. Very upsetting.

He wouldn't give Angels and Demons a chance even though he likes Tom Hanks, and totally ignored Ghost Writer. :( It's my fault. I shouldn't have made such a deal out of wanting to watch all of Ewan's previous movies...some of which are not the type of movies we would normally watch, and all that combined totally turned him off.

I had a treat this morning, I took hubby to work (an early thing he had to do) then came home (I don't have to be to work till noon today till 8:30), and flipped channels. Ewan was on Graham Norton on BBC America (the lightsaber one) so I watched the whole thing.

I loved Ewan in it, but I"ve also noticed how much more ...I guess the word is .."Grown up" he's acting. He adorable and still fun to watch, but that boyish charm seems to be aging...which is kind of sad...good though, that he is acting mature, he's 40 after all, but I hope he still has some of that charm that got me when I first saw him (on the SW extra on the tape when he was getting his hair cut for Obi-Wan's padawan look)..thats when he hooked me..that grin and happy enthusiasm; I was totally charmed. [face_love]

Something else which concerned me is there are no future movies on Ewan's profile on imbd. I guess cause he's doing that HBO thing now? But it's the first time since I began following his career that there hasn't been a list of future movies he's signed up for. I hope you're right about the character he's playing on that HBO show. I might be good, but I don't know if I'll ever get to see any of it. We don't have HBO. I read it's a movie, and then a pilot, so I'm wondering if it's one of those so many part serials that has an end, then when he's done with that he'll be making movies again. I hope so.

This is a long post, better cut it off. I've said about everything now I think anyway. [face_blush]

16. obimom

Oct 31, 2010
    Ewan McGorgeous!! http://ohnotheydidnt.livejournal.com/58196154.html

:D I found this page after typing in Ewan McGorgeous on Google. :D

These are pics of him doing the third annual London tweed bicycle run - drool worthy pics, especially the second and third...[face_love]

I've seen some recent pics of him that were less than flattering, but then I see these and my =P~ is restored. He is still gorgeous at 40.

I also just read recently that he was looking to direct his first movie with his wife working on it with him. He lost out on it because someone else got the legal rights to the story before he did. He was very disappointed, but is still looking for a directing project. He said he wasn't going to be in it, just direct it. His wife would design it. How cool that they may work together.

Our boy is growing up. My respect is somewhat deepened for him because of some of his recent decisions, but at the same time I kind of miss the exuberant boyish charm that knocked my socks off when I first really watched him. You can still see it in some of the above pics, but with more maturity...still very nice though.

What say you fellow Ewan fans? ;)

17. Valairy Scot

Valairy Scot Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 16, 2005
    Great force, that man is gorgeous! =P~ But even MORE important, he appears to be thoughtful and charming man as well as one heck of a great actor.

18. obimom

Oct 31, 2010
    Val, that is part of why I like him so much. He's a totally gorgeous, incredibly good looking, multi talented, charm the socks of you kind of guy, but he's not an a**hole about it. He doesn't even seem to be vain, at least compared to others in his position.

And he's so caring about people, there's just not many like him in Hollywood. [face_love]

19. serendipityaey

Jan 24, 2004
    Sometimes, it seems when he does catch himself thinking about, oh, his looks or something he'll stop and laugh, which is also very charming. There's a video I just saw of him talking about being one of People's sexiest men or something and you can tell he's a bit embarrassed and joking about it and it's so cute! I'll post a link when I get a chance.

He's presenting tonight at the Golden Globes. He presented last week at the People's Choice and he looked so amazing

20. obimom

Oct 31, 2010
    I just caught the video of Ewan do the presenting on the people's choice awards...and all I can say it...

He was GORGEOUS!!. He looked more like he did before, without any beard to cover that handsome face, adn he flashed that wonderful smile of his...oh my...=P~

I want to catch what he did on the Golden Globed, too.

Serendipityaey..if you can find that article about the People's magazine I'd like to see it. Was that this year? If so, he deserves it.

I read the other day about how someone asked him if he'd like to botox the beginning frown lines on the corners of his mouth, and he said NO!

He said his wife doesn't do it and neither will he. I say..Good, Good Good for him!! I would hate to see that wonderful face marred by bad botox...I'd rather see him age gracefully and gorgeously than do that sort of thing.

21. serendipityaey

Jan 24, 2004
    I agree, he looks amazing right now, he's between projects so no weird character haircuts I suppose ;) Just him at his best. I did love his look in Beginners though too. When I met him last May he was filming Jack, and he definitely looked different with that goatee but after seeing the trailer I think the look really works for the character, goes with his armor :D Just one of those things about being an actor.

It wasn't actually an article, just a short 'Chatting with the stars' about being sexy :p He wasn't actually picked for anything just acknowledged as being sexy. He seems to have the semi military hair cut he needed for Haywire, which opens on Friday, and I'm super excited to actually be able to go to a movie of his on a wide release opening night. Been a long time since he's had a wide release.

Here's the video, he's just so cute

http://www.people.com/people/videos/0,,20550273,00.html

22. obimom

Oct 31, 2010
    Yeah...so cute. I saw the tongue in his cheek when he was saying all that stuff at the start, and how like him to defer to the people who say he's sexy...he seems to honestly not know why people think he's sexy...which is.....so... sexy!! [face_love]

I may be the only one who thinks this, but I think that's partly why he was so perfect as Obi-Wan, (besides giving Obi-Wan an adorable face and look) because in many ways they are very much alike.

Obi-Wan also wouldn't know why women would think he's sexy...he'd be scratching his heading wondering what all the fuss was about.

I've been looking for a video of Ewan presenting at the Golden Globes, but haven't been able to find one yet. I did see him on the red carpet...with his wife Eve, and they looked adorable together. What? Brad and Angelina the couple of the night?..(Well, admittedly they did look pretty good...maybe), but for class, a more subtle charm and a quieter, less flashy style, Ewan and Eve looked gorgeous! They won the night in my book... [face_love] Love seeing them together.

(sigh) ok, I have a little time left, going to work on my Siriwan now...[face_love]

23. obimom

Oct 31, 2010
    Just look how lovely Ewan and Eve looked at the Golden Globes.

Nothing flashy and overdone, just simple and stylish and gorgeous.

http://www.tvguide.com/celebrities/ewan-mcgregor/photos/149961

Also: http://www.tvguide.com/celebrities/ewan-mcgregor/photos/149961#78975 Nice..[face_love]

http://www.tvguide.com/celebrities/ewan-mcgregor/photos/149961#64307 Also very nice!=P~

24. serendipityaey

Jan 24, 2004
    Good pics! Yeah, I was going to post some when I got a chance. I really loved her hair. Didn't like the bangs at the Haywire premiere, but I thought she looked lovely here. His Golden Globe presenting was pretty short, but there were lots of spottings of him throughout the night at his table :p

I think he does have that aspect in common with Obi-Wan, the older Ewan gets, the more he does seem like Obi, he's definitely mellowed out a little. I still can't believe 40 is looking so good.

BTW, he's on Live with Kelly, and Jimmy Fallon tomorrow

Good luck on your writing Obimom! I've been doing really well lately :)

25. obimom

Oct 31, 2010
    Thank you!!

Don't know if I'll get to see those..may have to wait till they are put up on you-tube...like I do most of when he's on TV...

I definitely see how much he's grown up. I was looking earlier at some pics from some years ago (around 2001), and at a golden globes show with nicole kidman and Natalie Portman...and the way he dressed then, (sleevless t-shirt and jean) and the nonchalant "I don't care about this" demeanor he had, (still awesomely cute though), and then compare to this week. Dressed in a black suit, the maturity definitely looks good on him.

I've been working on my next chapter...Val just beta'd it tonight. It's going back in for a little more work, but hopefully I'll be ready to post (tonight?...or later in the week..we'll see.