main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

JCC ~*~ The Ewan McGregor Fan Club of the JCC ~*~

Discussion in 'Community' started by Quarantine, Mar 19, 2002.

1. Valairy Scot

Valairy Scot Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 16, 2005
    So he's gone from exposing an asset to covering it?

/bad, oh I know, very very bad. [face_laugh]

2. serendipityaey

serendipityaey Jedi Master star 4

Jan 24, 2004
    Has to keep us on our toes! Mix it up a little [face_love] He can cover or uncover anything he likes and I think I'll be happy both ways. Leather can be tricky...

3. Lady_Sami_J_Kenobi

Lady_Sami_J_Kenobi Jedi Master star 6

Jul 31, 2002
    Yum! Why is it all guys look so much better in black leather?!!

4. Valairy Scot

Sep 16, 2005
    ...sticky and tight.

Ash, I was going to add to the earthquake (something about Anakin getting so emotional over a game score or something) but the darn board froze on me. You got any contributions?

5. serendipityaey

Jan 24, 2004
    I don't at the moment, I would definitely say go for it! I will do one before I leave work today though :D Finally the customers and the annoying teenage workers are gone! And I am happy, but my brain is still a little fried [face_dancing] And I'm still working on my [face_coffee]

6. serendipityaey

Jan 24, 2004
    He does look pretty amazing in those leather pants. And that sweater, and those boots. And that hair and those eyes... No wonder he wanted to represent Belstaff, he wants to look his best for us [face_tee_hee]

Oh! Also, he's going to TIFF this weekend for The Impossible and he's doing press for three days. He told me ([face_tee_hee]) that he'll organize some time to do twitter Q & A, any questions anyone wants asked? (nothing embarrassing! lol)

7. Valairy Scot

Sep 16, 2005
    How long do we have to think up the questions?

You might ask how he felt about the reception to Christopher Plummer's "shout out."
    or
    How's that little girl who was so sick that he met on his motorcycle tour.

8. serendipityaey

Jan 24, 2004
    He goes to Toronto on Friday, and he's there for three days. I would imagine by the way he phrased it that he would try to do it a couple times. Which shout out specifically are you thinking of?

I know for me, at the SAG awards, it was so awesome, Ewan wasn't even there and he got a huge round of applause from his peers at the mention of his name and he wasn't even there, I thought that was so awesome.

Remind me which little girl? Was it from his first tour?

Both great questions!

9. Valairy Scot

Sep 16, 2005
    1. Yes, that round of applause you or Deb mentioned earlier when he wasn't present. Was that the SAG or Oscars?
    2. The first tour, yes - again, you or Deb mentioned that in a post. It wasn't shown in the TV show and glossed over in the books, I understand.

obimom: Deb, if that "little girl" mentioned was by you, would you re-state the details as you understand them?

10. Veloz

Veloz Jedi Grand Master star 6

Aug 30, 2004
    Always! Let's obsess over Ewan together, shall we? :D

Have u all seen the trailer for Ewan's upcoming movie The Impossible? seems like one that will make me cry. It's also based on a true story:

11. obimom

obimom Jedi Master star 4

Oct 31, 2010
    In the first book, (I don't remember the country), when Ewan and Charlie visited an orphanage, Ewan found a little girl (probable about 3 or so) who was basically dying. They had no money to get her medical help, and she was just lying there. Ewan stayed with her, playing with her almost the whole time they were there, and when it was time to leave, he couldn't just leave. He paid for her medical care so she could have a chance. Very sweet and not mentioned in the documentary.

As to what to ask him: :D

1) Tell him that when he and Charlie was doing "Long Way Down", when they were in Luke Skywalker's Tatooine home,(In Tanzania, I think) if I had been there when he was there, I would have recognized him. (I think he'll understand) (From the second book , I think as told by Charlie)

2) Any movies in the works?

3) I'd love to see him make another film with Liam Neeson. Any possibility?

I could come up wtih more, but thats enough for now. And you can say these questions are from Deb - ;)

12. Valairy Scot

Sep 16, 2005
    How about congratulating him on a successful marriage and all the wonderful things he does without wanting recognition - such as the above. But do please ask about that little girl and any other kids he encountered on his trip.

obimom likes this.
  13. LifeInTechnicolor

LifeInTechnicolor Jedi Knight star 3

Sep 3, 2012
    I have and want to see it desperately.I hope it is good.

serendipityaey likes this.
  14. serendipityaey

Jan 24, 2004
    I will ask those questions! I hope he was able to keep in touch with the orphanage :) Any questions about the movie?

The first time we exchanged tweets I mentioned how this movie was the first major role he's had where he played a father, and he replied that yes he's been a father for 16 years but hasn't played one. I thought that was really interested, and another reason I really look forward to this movie. He did mention Nanny McPhee, which was wonderful, but he really only has a cameo. I also told him I felt like I was going to cry buckets especially as a mommy! And he said yes, the film is very hard hitting. It really looks so beautiful and moving, I'm really looking forward to it!

15. serendipityaey

Jan 24, 2004
    I will ask those questions! I hope he was able to keep in touch with the orphanage :) Any questions about the movie?

The first time we exchanged tweets I mentioned how this movie was the first major role he's had where he played a father, and he replied that yes he's been a father for 16 years but hasn't played one. I thought that was really interested, and another reason I really look forward to this movie. He did mention Nanny McPhee, which was wonderful, but he really only has a cameo. I also told him I felt like I was going to cry buckets especially as a mommy! And he said yes, the film is very hard hitting. It really looks so beautiful and moving, I'm really looking forward to it!

16. Valairy Scot

Sep 16, 2005
    Is the movie based on a real family (i.e., fictionalized reality) or more "real"? That's the background for this question: How, as a father, does it feel to play a father and yet not the father you are in life? (Or something like that - how much of the role is acting and how much drawn from life?)

17. serendipityaey

Jan 24, 2004
    It is based on a real family

18. Valairy Scot

Sep 16, 2005
    I know it's BASED on a real family, but were liberties taken with the story for the sake of a "better movie" as so often happens?

Sometimes a fictionalized version of reality is "better moviemaking" and sometimes not.

19. obimom

Oct 31, 2010
    Amen...thats one of the things I admire most about him.

20. obimom

Oct 31, 2010
    Can that part of his tweets be posted here when ever it happens?

21. serendipityaey

Jan 24, 2004
    Sure, I have to figure out how to words these questions too, only 140 characters (minus his handle) And of course there's no guarantee - he might want questions about the movie since that's what he's promoting :)

22. Valairy Scot

Sep 16, 2005
    How true to real life events is the movie?

23. serendipityaey

Jan 24, 2004
    I love that he takes the time to do this though! [face_love] Such a sweetheart

24. obimom

Oct 31, 2010
    He really is...[face_love]

25. Valairy Scot

Sep 16, 2005
    How's everyone - it's been quiet around here for the last few days.

26. obimom

Oct 31, 2010
    I"m fine, just very tired. 10 hour days and all. Trying to work on next chapter, which is a pickle since I'm no good at writing battle scenes. I'm relying pretty heavily on Wookiepedia right now for some of the details. I would be surprised if I have it ready this weekend. I might be another week.

How are you, Val? I need to get to bed, so I'm probably shutting down after this, but I hope you are doing ok. Hows your kitty?

Ruth's chapter nearly having me chewing nails...what is she doing to poor Obi-Wan? [face_worried]

27. Valairy Scot

Sep 16, 2005
    Ruth is doing what she does best - tantalizing us fans. She's got some real life issues right now.

I was poking around on IMDB and loved this quote from Ewan there:

[face_devil]

Sam is fine. He talks practically all the time now - to himself. Stretches, turns around a few times and settles down, meowing to himself all the time.