main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

The Ewok Adventures: Special Edition!

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by Hawk1245, Sep 10, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hawk1245

Hawk1245 Jedi Youngling star 1

Sep 10, 2004
    Okay heres my idea for a updated version of the first ewok film to make it fit with the SW films. Opening crawl:

STAR WARS

Caravan of Courage
    The Rebel Alience is now planning to make an attack on a new weapon that the Empire is constructing near the forest moon of Endor. Though not finished, this weapon could pose a grave threat to the Rebellion.

Mean while, the Tawoni family is fleeing their home planet, which is now under opression by the Empire. They are struggling to find a new planet to call their own. Emperor Palpatine has orderend any non imperial ship passing the consruction site, is to be shot down without questions, for protection of the deadly Space station...

Then we pan down with new CGI/motion control shots. We are in space and we see the moon of endor, and a far from completion DS2 (only the top half is there, much worse off than in ROTJ), we see a CGI model of the Mace & co. ship come out of hyperspace, and slowlypss aproach the forest moon. Cut to: Archive footage of Moff Jeriiod(sp?) walking by the gunners. Cut back to outer space. We hear the mothers voice "Mace! Cindel!" Tie Fighters come out of nowhere and babarde the shir with laser fire. The ship plummets to the moon, and the TIES return to their outpost. We now see archive footage of ewoks looking out (which has been graded to nighttime digitally) and seeing the ship crash.

Also the narration would be removed, and the Ewoks would be given subtitles to explain the story. Other changes: clean up of matte paintings, Mace's blaster will now have the same sound as the blasters in the other SW films. The ewoks will mention the Empire in their subtitles. Matte line serased. Also, the Yub Nub song can be put in the end scene over the narration, and the trade mark blue credits with SW theme replace the yellow ones.

This is just an idea of mine. What do ya think?

2. Ellbobin

Ellbobin Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 30, 2004
    I like the idea, no ewok sub-titles, that way it will be cool when cyndel teaches wicket to talk is will be cool.

3. Hawk1245

Sep 10, 2004
    Well the thing about the subtitles, I wanted to take out the narration, so how would you explain who Logray was and Kank, and the Gorax with out a little help? Perhaps only subtitles on important parts, or when the Ewoks cinverse with eachother. Here are the COSMETIC changes that I would like to see:

Removal of the shot of the Boar Wolf talking Mace and Cindel, it look horrible, the rest of the shots could be kept though.

Change all the blaster sounds to the ones that the Storm Trooper blaster sound.

Insirt Wilhelm scream when the Ewok is sent flying off the Boarwolf.

Put a digital matte painting of half circle Death Star in the sky in some shots.

Remove all matte lines.

This one is a just for fun idea, but wouldn't it be cool to have the Force theme play when ever magic is used, like when Kank drops the rock on the Gorax? I think it would.

Of course remove the opening title card, insert a SW like sweep instead.

On the scene with Mace's blaster busting a hole into the Gorax's mountain, intead of one long beam that lingers for a while before blowing the hole, change it to one short, but large blast to make it look better. In other words, have it like:
    MACE: "Come just one more shot..." Nothing comes out, but he keeps his finger on the trigger, and then BOOM! A large blaster bolt blasts ae whole in the cave. Also have a cloud of smoke cover up the obvious frame jump, and as noted before, change the TI fighter blast, to a Storm Trooper blast sound.

Any body else have ideas?

4. Ellbobin

Jan 30, 2004
    How about Making the Gorax CG?

5. Hawk1245

Sep 10, 2004
    Nah! I don't know. I always thought that even though it wasn't perfect, that the Gorax was one of the best "man in a suit" efforts I've ever seen. I think if they digitally graded it and slowed the film down more, and maybe revomed some of the human like creases that he would look fine. I think CGing him would be a tad too much. I WOULD cg him when he falls though, that look awful!

6. starwars3833

starwars3833 Jedi Youngling

Aug 1, 2004
    I cant wait for the Ewok Adventures dvd!

I havent seen them for so long... our old copies broke about 10 years ago.... I was like 5 around then so I forget everything execpt that I loved them.

7. LawgSkrak

LawgSkrak Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 23, 1999
    Does anyone know if in fact they are cleaning up matte lines and adding any new effects to these movies?

CGI that darn spider in CoC! Or at least make it so the strings aren't visibles.

Oh and are they going to be in widescreen? They both did show in theaters overseas, after all.

8. BauconBatista

BauconBatista Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 24, 2004
    Call me crazy, but I also can't wait for this DVD--Ewoks are cool and I loved this film when I was very young :)

9. Angel_Blue01

Angel_Blue01 Jedi Master star 2

Nov 28, 2001
    I just watched the end of Battle for Endor.

The tapes are older than I am.

That movie could use some cleaning up.

What about the planet?

Its not there in the Star Wars movies, we don't know what hapenned to it; the movies don't really tie in with Star Wars, they could happen thousands of years before, or after.

10. Blackout

Blackout Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 7, 2000
    What about the planet? Its not there in the Star Wars movies, we don't know what hapenned to it

Well, I heard somewhere the planet had been destroyed, but the Databank says the gas-giant planet is merely "lifeless". So it is there in RotJ. (Theoretically, of course it's there - the moon needs to revolve around it. The moon wouldn't be able to sustain all the life if it had switched orbits from a destroyed gas giant to another suitable planet/sun. But that's another debate ;) )

The most likely answer is that the planet was round the other side of Endor (or eclipsed by Endor) at the time of RotJ. After all, Endor doesn't rely on the gas giant for light so it doesn't have to be visible - just like our moon isn't constantly visible to us).

Or maybe it was just 'behind' the camera or something :p

Good question though :D

EDIT: Oh, and Battle for Endor takes place about a year or so before RotJ I believe.

{||||| ?||} ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

11. newwillorder

newwillorder Jedi Youngling star 2

Mar 29, 2004
    Sounds good, but after seeing Battle for Endor I think the two movies take place after Return of the Jedi, because Wicket knows how to talk Basic in Battle for Endor, having learned it from Cindel and he doesn't know it in Return of the Jedi.

12. Blackout

Blackout Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 7, 2000
    Well, the most official timeline I could find* is on the Behind The Magic cd's.

[image=http://img59.exs.cx/img59/7873/ewokstimeline.jpg]

As you can see, it's before RotJ. //shrugs
    Apparently Wicket forgets what Basic he learns from Cindel. Fair enough eh? Besides, the Ewok movies couldn't happen after RotJ because of the fallout from the Death Star wiping out all life on the moon. (JOKE)

{||||| ?||} ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

* If there's a more up to date one, please point me in the direction!

13. newwillorder

newwillorder Jedi Youngling star 2

Mar 29, 2004
    You're right. I just found this at the official site.

"... Wicket appears to learn English through his association with Cindel. It is likely that the language Cindel was speaking was not Basic, but another language, and that it was translated into English for the benefit of the viewing audience. Thus, Wicket doesn't understand what Princess Leia is saying when those two meet."

Wouldn't it be interesting if everything that was said in the Star Wars movies was actually another language that sounded nothing like English?

14. Angel_Blue01

Angel_Blue01 Jedi Master star 2

Nov 28, 2001
    It is.

Just look at the alphabet.

15. wicket1138

wicket1138 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Mar 10, 2002
    I'd like for them to clean up some of the CGI like the boar wolf and the blurgs and maybe edit out of some of the bloopers that have been mentioned. The spiders I think could use some work, although I'd like the Gorax to stay the same. I'd kinda like the 2nd death star to be in place of the planet (to deal with both ideas... some of the special effects shots in general could be cleaned up... my favorite though would be the addition of the Yub Nub song... since it was wiped outta Jedi, it would be an appropriate addition to please some of us fans. If only the actors were still young so that we could make new scenes and such... that would be so much fun...

16. The2ndQuest

The2ndQuest Tri-Mod With a Mouth star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jan 27, 2000
    Wicket also appears younger in the TV movies, which is probably the main reason for them being set before ROTJ, along with Endor seeming more isolated and undiscovered before it's system is made famous by the Death Star 2 battle.

It's not too much of a stretch to consider Wicket learned some basic in the TV movies, then, after Cindel left, he fell out of practice and forgot a lot, but enough so that he's able to understand Leia in ROTJ ::)

Sorta like how I took spanish for 3 years in high school, but I can only remember a few words now.

17. Ellbobin

Jan 30, 2004
    ::: Rearranges DVD collection in to cronilogical order:::

18. Rebel11_38

Rebel11_38 Jedi Youngling star 1

Jan 31, 2005
    Are you planning on trying to accomplish your ideas or are you just saying what you would think would be cool to see. Because I would like to see your edit of the Ewok films if you ever actually do them. They sound great.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.