main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

THE EWOKS DID NOT DIE AT ENDOR!!!

Discussion in 'Literature' started by chissdude10, Oct 29, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Thrawn McEwok

Thrawn McEwok Co-Author: Essential Guide to Warfare star 6 VIP

May 9, 2000
    Yes you do, Bib... since all other known Star Destroyer classes are named after the first ship of the class (Victory, Executor, Republic, Defender, Nebula), then the ISD should follow the same convention: so is Imperial-class wrong, or is the idea that the Imperator was the name of the first ISD the mistake?

- The Imperial Ewok

2. Bib Fortuna Twi'lek

Bib Fortuna Twi'lek Jedi Youngling star 10

Jul 9, 1999
    Regardless of what you may think, Imperial-class is the correct designation. The Imperator-class ship is 400 meters long and is clearly not the same type of ship that appears in the movies.

3. Sturm Antilles

Sturm Antilles Former Manager star 6

Jun 22, 2000
    The GFFA doesn't always use Earth terminology, but it does most times. We really don't need to bicker over this.

The first ISD was called the Imperator. Therefore, the GFFA doesn't use Earth's naming conventions.

I just think of this as a variation on the ISD design, as I mentioned. So I think of that one seen in the 1977 blueprints as actually being an Imperator-class vessel.

I just think all others...the ones we see throughout the movies, are all Imperial-class.

As Valiento says above. Both classes of ships can exist. I still think the blueprints are valid. They are officially "EU" after all.

4. Thrawn McEwok

May 9, 2000
    So in other words, Bib, what you're really saying is that the first ISD was the Imperial, and you're accepting the 1978 blueprints (which were supposed to represent the ships seen in ANH, and are the source of Imperator as both a ship-name and class-name) as a different class?

Good point, Sturm... yeah, so can we agree that the first ISD was the Imperial, and be happy?

- The Imperial Ewoks

5. Sturm Antilles

Jun 22, 2000
    I think we can live with that. At least, I can.

What's interesting is that in Soldier for the Empire, Kyle Katarn's Imperial shuttle launches from the Star Destroyer Imperator on his first mission as a stormtrooper.

6. Bib Fortuna Twi'lek

Bib Fortuna Twi'lek Jedi Youngling star 10

Jul 9, 1999
    Well, many, many ships in the GFFA have had the name Imperator:

An ISD that was supposed to be defending Coruscant, but was absent when Ackbar took the world.

A Corellian Corvette that transported Han Solo to Carida for his military training.

I think there was also a Lambda-class shuttle that was named Imperator, too.

7. Sturm Antilles

Jun 22, 2000
    True. There's also multiple Intrepid's and Relentless's.

8. Thrawn McEwok

May 9, 2000
    Yeah, Bib... but not the first ISD? ;)

- The Imperial Ewok

9. TalonCard

TalonCard •Author: Slave Pits of Lorrd •TFN EU Staff star 5 VIP

Jan 31, 2001
    >It's certainly not in my copy of the DSS. I think you fell for a sham.

I think the person who posted was just mistaken. Ok, great, the wormhole is still there, I can think that the Father Tree and the Gurdakk had something to do with it, something good actually came out of GODV, and the TC dude isn't completely wrong. I'm happy. :)

TC

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.