main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Beyond - Legends The Ewoks Strike Back [post-NJO Wedge, Wes, Kyp] Updated in the wee hours of 6/26

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by thesporkbewithyou, Jun 17, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. thesporkbewithyou

thesporkbewithyou Jedi Master star 4

Feb 13, 2005
    Title: The Ewoks Strike Back
    Author: thesporkbewithyou
    Era: post-NJO
    Genra: Humor
    Keywords: Wes, Wedge, Kyp, Ewoks
    Summary: None. It's going to give the whole thing away.
    Author's Notes: The first post takes place a week before my other short story (In Which the Solos Plot, Jaina and Kyp Argue, and Kyp gets a Surprise). The second post takes place immediately before the first one of said fic, and the rest takes place sometime after.

This fic is dedicated to Wes, for being such a wonderful Master, and the spawner of the end of this fic. Many thanks go out to Mags, for being a wonderful beta and co-conspirator.

Yub yub, Commander part 1

Another long day.

Another day of informing berieved parents of their child's death. Another day of making sure there were enough supplies, and that everything was running smoothly. Another day of talking to mechanics, and seeing which ships needed to be repaired, and how many parts they would need. Another day of sitting in conference to decide the fate of the post war galaxy with people you didn't like.

Another long day. When would they ever end?

General Wedge Antilles sighed, and looked bleakly at the pile of papers on his desk. In fact, the pile had gotten so large that it seemed as if it was pushing his computer terminal off his desk. And Wedge knew that it wouldn't go away if he ignored it. He also knew that he could designate a few of his officers to help him and they would gladly comply, but he didn't want them to experience the misery of generalship just yet.

Maybe he should resign. Again.

To this day he wasn't sure why he ever allowed Admiral Ackbar to talk him into accepting the promotion all those years ago. Even if he wasn't getting any younger, he belonged in a snubfighter, and not on the bridge of a capital ship. Planning and plotting the battle of Borleias had been a fun, and interesting experience, but the best thing was the fight, and the escape in the X-Wing. That was where he belonged. That was what made him feel alive. Not cooped up in some office hidden behind a mound of paperwork.

But because of the war, he had allowed himself to be pulled back in. And now, he was stuck with it.

Until he retired, that is. Again.

Click click click.

Pace pace pace.

Wedge peered over the pile of papers and groaned as he heard someone walk up to his door, then pace outside of it.

Who could be wanting him at this hour? No. Wait. Wrong question. What did they want from him now?

After what seemed like ages of nervous pacing, there was a knock on the door.

"Come in," Wedge said, "the door's open."

To Wedge's surprise, none other than Wes Janson, leader of the Taanab Yellow Aces poked his head through.

"You busy Wedge?" He asked, not fully enterinig.

"Don't you know it." Wedge answered with a slight grin. Wedge still couldn't believe that Wes Janson was the leader of his own squadron, and all volunteers at that. He remembered as if it were yesterday when they were in the same squadron as Rogues, and then when Wes became the Wraith's XO. "Why don't you come in?" He added, when he realized that the man was still only head in.

Janson stepped in - a little apprehensively Wedge noted suspiciousely.

"Uh, Wedge, uh..." He began, stammering.

Wedge looked at him, amused. His suspicions were correct. Whatever Janson wanted was going to get him in trouble. "Go on," he prompted.

"Uh..." Wes continued, his voice getting stronger as he went on. "Some of our fellow officers were having an argument as to which of the ships had the most merit, and they wanted your professional opinion on the matter."

Wedge eyed him. A harmless enough request. For now. "And they couldn't ask another person?"

Wes shook his head. "No sir, uh, your Generalship sir. They specifically wanted your opinion."

Wedge sighed. It would be a nice break from the monotony, if anything.

"Where are they?"

His sense of forboding grew as the grin on Wes's face stretched.

"In the mess hall Boss. Three tables from the left, near the door

2. djcati

djcati Jedi Master star 4

Mar 20, 2004
    Dude. I am so waiting for the second post on this now.

And trying not to grin like Wes.

Great start so far!

3. VadersMistress

VadersMistress Jedi Knight star 6

Apr 7, 2004
    *bursts into a fit of giggles* Oh, that's hilarious.

I eagerly await the next post!!

4. YodaKenobi

YodaKenobi Former TFN Books Staff star 6 VIP

May 27, 2003
    sporkster: This fic is dedicated to Wes, for being such a wonderful Master,

Awww [face_blush] You've been a great Padawan :)

and the spawner of the end of this fic.

Why am I afraid this is going to involve a yellow dress? o_O :p

Many thanks go out to Mags, for being a wonderful beta and co-conspirator.

Now I know who else to blame :p

*reads post*

I have no idea what's up, but I have a feeling it's going to be funny. I enjoyed Wedge's thoughts on his emergence from retirement. Poor guy :(

Good post, spork :) I'll be watching this thread with great interest... and dread :p

5. Maggy

Maggy Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 2, 2004
    Sporky [:D]

you posted it :D yay [face_dancing]

Many thanks go out to Mags, for being a wonderful beta and co-conspirator.

oh [face_blush] thank you [:D]
    but I am more the co-conspirator then beta ;) :)

as I already told you, I love this and I am looking forward to the next part :D [face_mischief]

great insight for Wedge and his dilemma being a celebrity and a General :)
    and a very nice Wes, who would have thought he will stammer when approaching Wedge :p

The one time Rebel hero stood up and walked out, all the while wondering just what he had gotten himself into.

the question is, in what Wes got himself into :p [face_whistling] [face_batting] :D

YK:

Why am I afraid this is going to involve a yellow dress? o_O :p

*lol*

Now I know who else to blame :p

hey, I had nothing to do with it O:) :p [face_whistling] [face_mischief]
    blame me anyway

I'll be watching this thread with great interest... and dread :p

[face_laugh] :p :D

~Mags~

6. Rogue_Pilot_2347

Rogue_Pilot_2347 Jedi Padawan star 4

May 16, 2005
    ha ha this is going to be good

7. princess_melissa

princess_melissa Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 7, 2005
    I'm getting a feeling this is going to be really really funny. Can't wait for the second post.

8. Blondie_JediKnight

Blondie_JediKnight Jedi Youngling star 2

Mar 14, 2005
    Are they the Ewoks at the table??
    This is going to be a funny story...
    Blondie^..^

9. thesporkbewithyou

Feb 13, 2005
    djcati:Dude. I am so waiting for the second post on this now.

And trying not to grin like Wes.

Great start so far!

Thank you! :D Wes does have an infectious grin, doesn't he?

VadersMistress:*bursts into a fit of giggles* Oh, that's hilarious.

I eagerly await the next post!!

Thanks. Hm. Next post (well, next half of this post that is) is almost done. Should be posted sometime soon.

YodaKenobi:Awww You've been a great Padawan

[:D]

Why am I afraid this is going to involve a yellow dress?

:D You said it, not me.

I have no idea what's up, but I have a feeling it's going to be funny. I enjoyed Wedge's thoughts on his emergence from retirement. Poor guy

Anything with Wes in it's going to be funny.

Good post, spork I'll be watching this thread with great interest... and dread

Aw, don't be too worried!

Mags:oh thank you
    but I am more the co-conspirator then beta

*shrugs*[face_hug] Thank you muchly anyway!

as I already told you, I love this and I am looking forward to the next part

Teehee! Well, you'll get it soon enough. I just couldn't get a lot of writing done today.

great insight for Wedge and his dilemma being a celebrity and a General
    and a very nice Wes, who would have thought he will stammer when approaching Wedge

Thank you! But really, the stammering is because he's worried about his distraction holding long enough for...well...you know what.

the question is, in what Wes got himself into

*snickers* [insert all those smileys here]

Rouge_Pilot_2347:ha ha this is going to be good

I'm glad you're liking it.

princess_melissa:I'm getting a feeling this is going to be really really funny. Can't wait for the second post.

I hope it'll be funny! And the post'll be here sometime soon.

Blondie_JediKnight:Are they the Ewoks at the table??
    This is going to be a funny story...

Ah, now if that was it this'd only be a viggie! But you'll find out soon enough.

10. Maggy

Oct 2, 2004

Sporky:

*shrugs*[face_hug] Thank you muchly anyway!

[face_blush] [:D] you are welcome [:D]

Teehee! Well, you'll get it soon enough. I just couldn't get a lot of writing done today.

:D yippie :D

Thank you! But really, the stammering is because he's worried about his distraction holding long enough for...well...you know what.

[face_mischief] oh yes [face_mischief]
    I know what :D

*snickers* [insert all those smileys here]

[insert much more smileys here] :p

~Mags~

11. thesporkbewithyou

Feb 13, 2005
    Once again, many thanks go out to Mags for being a wonderful beta.

Yub yub, Commander part 2

If there was one thing about Wedge that remained the same throughout their many years of friendship {besides for his rather bland looks), it was that Wedge would do anything for a friend, Wes mused. And for that, he considered himself a lucky man. Not just because he felt blessed to have such a good friend, but because it was exactly that trait that enabled this thing to work.

The only other thing that was needed was his partner in crime - Derek "Hobbie" Klivan. Wes had known the solemn faced man for about as long as he knew the General, and had made it his life's mission to ensure that Hobbie had some fun now and then. Which was why Wes often dragged him along on some of his more elaborate pranks.

Wes waited until he could no longer see Wedge's back before whipping out his comlink. "Psst...Prankster to Bugbite, Prankster to Bugbite. You there old buddy?"

The grin turned wicked as Hobbie's voice came on. "I'm here. Still don't know why I'm here, but I'm here." There was a moment's pause as the man stopped to contemplate something. "Don't call me that." He said, annoyed. "And I'm not old."

Wes shook his head exasperatedly, then realized that Hobbie couldn't see him, and settles for blowing out a long breath. "You're here Hobbie, oldest of pals," he answered, stressing the oldest, "because I asked you to be here. And you agreed."

"Whatever you say Wes." Hobbie said sourly.

"Good boy," Wes said cheerily. Then, "What's your location? Have you checked the perimeter? What's the status of the subject?"

Even over the comlink, he could feel Hobbie's annoyance roll off in waves.

"I'm about this close to taking your head off with a lightsaber and handing it to the Vong on a platter. The General's in the mess."

"Excellent Hobbie, excellent," Wes said, excitement coursing through his veins. "We're doing a good thing you know. Now get your lazy butt over here."

"He calls me lazy?" Wes could hear Hobbie mutter under his breath. Then, "Thank you your royal Highness. I'm on my way over. Klivan out."

It only took a few minutes for Hobbie to get to Wedge's office, but to Wes it seemed to take hours. He kept pacing up and down the hall, nervousely looking around in case Wedge came back too early. Fortunately for him though, that didn't happen.

"Where've you been? Wedge could've shown up and then where would I be?" Wes whined, by way of greeting.

Hobbie rolled his eyes. "I feel so loved. Calm down Wes, it's only been a few minutes. Has a distraction ever failed?"

Wes shook his head. "Yeah but... oh never mind. Just stand by the door willya? Make sure no one comes here?"

"Sure, anything for an old friend."

Ignoring his friend's sarcasm, Wes slipped into Wedge's office. Even after all the years of the man being a general, Wes still wasn't sure he liked the idea. It only meant more people having to suffer under a cruel tyrant.

Taking a look around before going to the computer terminal, Wes thought that the room definetly felt like Wedge. The walls were a dull beige color, and the floor was wooden. There was minimal decoration, furniture was sparse, and there were almost no personal effects. Almost as if this was only a temporary situation.

Yes, just like Wedge, Wes mused. Maybe he's finally thinking of retiring. Again.

But that didn't matter to Wes just yet. His eyes darted to the door one last time to make sure Hobbie was doing his job, then he slipped behind Wedge's desk.

Good, he thought. Wedge left the terminal on. Makes things much easier. The youthfull looking man started with his work.

Twenty minutes later, Wes was done. And just at the right time too, because a really satisfied Wedgewas coming back down the corridor. Hobbie slipped into the office, having no other venue of escape. He and Wes sat down in the two chairs before the desk, chatting as if they waited the return of the General.

Wedge entered his office, sur

12. thesporkbewithyou

Feb 13, 2005
    Mags: I'm sorry I haven't sent you your thing yet, but I've been a little busy. So you'll either get it late tonight, or early tomorrow.

*pokes* Doesn't it feel good to know what will happen before it does?

13. YodaKenobi

May 27, 2003
    You have our gratitude for informing us of this great tragedy. Your heartfelt concern for our wellfare touched us all, and you will forever remain in our prayers. However, we must ask you some questions. What happened to General Antilles? Did anything bad happen? Are you his replacement? And what is the significance of signing the letters with the phrase, "Yub yub, Commander" especially when you're a general?
    Sincerely yours,
    The Vinar family.
    Wedge stared at the message and reread it several times, horrified at what it implied. He grabbed his comlink, opened the door wide, and bellowed, "WES JANSON, GET YOUR SORRY LITTLE BUTT OVER HERE!"

[face_laugh] :_| [face_laugh] :_| [face_laugh]

That was great, spork [face_laugh] I can't believe Wes would do that, that's just wrong :p

Can't wait to reading more :D

14. princess_melissa

princess_melissa Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 7, 2005
    LOL! this is so funny!

Even after all the years of the man being a general, Wes still wasn't sure he liked the idea. It only meant more people having to suffer under a cruel tyrant. LOL! [face_laugh]

Dear General Kettch,

You have our gratitude for informing us of this great tragedy. Your heartfelt concern for our wellfare touched us all, and you will forever remain in our prayers. However, we must ask you some questions. What happened to General Antilles? Did anything bad happen? Are you his replacement? And what is the significance of signing the letters with the phrase, "Yub yub, Commander" especially when you're a general?

Sincerely yours,
    The Vinar family.

[face_laugh] [face_laugh] [face_laugh] [face_laugh] [face_laugh] So funny!

Great post!

15. Maggy

Oct 2, 2004
    Once again, many thanks go out to Mags for being a wonderful beta.

once again you are very welcome and it if fun reading this before all the others [:D] :D

*is totally excited and giggles madly* that is so great :D

as I already told you the letter is fantastic

I'm sorry I haven't sent you your thing yet, but I've been a little busy. So you'll either get it late tonight, or early tomorrow.

is okay, really :D
    late, early, tonight, tomorrow, the day after tomorrow, it doesn?t matter :)
    i get it when i get it, yes? :D

*pokes* Doesn't it feel good to know what will happen before it does?

[face_mischief] good
    *pokes back* :D

Wedge stared at the message and reread it several times, horrified at what it implied. He grabbed his comlink, opened the door wide, and bellowed, "WES JANSON, GET YOUR SORRY LITTLE BUTT OVER HERE!"

[face_laugh]

*jumps up and down* I am sooooo looking farward to the next part *jumps a bit more*

8-}

:D

*giggles*

Yub, Yub

~Mags~

16. thesporkbewithyou

Feb 13, 2005
    YodaKenobi:That was great, spork I can't believe Wes would do that, that's just wrong

Teehee! Well...it actually depends on what you think he did. Because if it's what I think you think he did, then, that's not really what happened but yes, Wes would go so far. On the other hand, Wes would do anything to get at Wedge. IMO anyway.

princess_melissa:LOL! this is so funny!
    Thank you!:D It's supposed to be.

LOL!

I was wondering when someone would pick up this!

Mags:once again you are very welcome and it if fun reading this before all the others

as I already told you the letter is fantastic

[:D] Thank'ee!

is okay, really
    late, early, tonight, tomorrow, the day after tomorrow, it doesn?t matter
    i get it when i get it, yes?

*nods* You will get it. My internet was out all during the day, but when it finally got back up again, I tried sending it to you. And I had it all typed out and everything, when I accidentaly closed the window it was in! Eh. My screams of frusteration were heard throughout the house.

good
    *pokes back*

Whee! Poke-ness! *grabs Yoda's gimer stick and pokes you with that*

*jumps up and down* I am sooooo looking farward to the next part *jumps a bit more*

Ah well, I'll try and have it for you today! I've come up against a little rough spot but it should get smooth soon.

*giggles*

Yub, Yub

:D Yub yub, your Beta-ness! *bows down to your awsomeness*

17. djcati

djcati Jedi Master star 4

Mar 20, 2004
    Heeee. Wes! You idiot. (Loveable idiot, that is.)

Fantastic. :D

"Don't call me that." He said, annoyed. "And I'm not old."

Muahaha! This made me laugh most, for some reason. XD

18. Maggy

Oct 2, 2004
    Sporky:

I am so tempted to give you another name [face_mischief]

? [:D]

[:D]? Thank'ee!

[:D] you are welcome [:D]

*nods* You will get it. My internet was out all during the day, but when it finally got back up again, I tried sending it to you. And I had it all typed out and everything, when I accidentaly closed the window it was in! Eh. My screams of frusteration were heard throughout the house.

waa!!
    Awww... how awful [:D]
    I can imagine that you were frustrated after that [:D]

Whee! Poke-ness! *grabs Yoda's gimer stick and pokes you with that*

Hey! *catches Yoda?s gimer stick and playfully hits your arm*

Ah well, I'll try and have it for you today! I've come up against a little rough spot but it should get smooth soon.

yippie! *jumps up and down* yippie!
    A distraction from lerning!
    Yay :p :D [face_dancing]

:D Yub yub, your Beta-ness! *bows down to your awsomeness*

:eek: [face_blush] :eek: [face_blush]

[:D] [:D] :D

~Mags~

19. thesporkbewithyou

Feb 13, 2005
    djcati:Heeee. Wes! You idiot. (Loveable idiot, that is.)

Fantastic.

*grins* That Wes is. Can't live with him, can't live without him.

Muahaha! This made me laugh most, for some reason. XD

I liked that bit also. Heh. Go Hobbie.

Mags: I am so tempted to give you another name

Ooohh!*jumps up and down* Go right ahead! Will it be Bob?*blinks*

waa!!
    Awww... how awful
    I can imagine that you were frustrated after that

*nods* Especially since it took me almost two hours to do the stupid markup codes, and that was after it was eaten up several times by my computer. Ebil. But you got it!

*prods everyone who comes to this thread* Go read it. It's already up and is called Quiet Gardens and is really, totally awsome.

Hey! *catches Yoda?s gimer stick and playfully hits your arm*

Hey, no fair! *scrambles around for anything else she can use to poke Mags with* Hmm...I might have to start calling you "you Beta-ness" you know. And I sent you the next chapter.

20. thesporkbewithyou

Feb 13, 2005
    Important Author's Announcemnt: Due to it's being the summer time, I will be away starting this sunday until the begining of August in camp. The story is almost completely written, and I've sent the next two post to Maggy to beta, and will send the last one hopefully tomorrow night. While I'm gone, Maggy will be posting the posts and replying to the reviews.

All bow down to her Beta-ness's greatness! I have passed on to her the Scepter of Posty-ness, and the Quill of Responsy-ness!

Edit: And at least one post will be put up today.

21. YodaKenobi

May 27, 2003
    Looking forward to the post :D Have fun this summer, spork ;)

22. Maggy

Oct 2, 2004
    Mags: I am so tempted to give you another name

Ooohh!*jumps up and down* Go right ahead! Will it be Bob?*blinks*

*giggles* Bob?
    Why Bob? o_O
    Spooky or Spucky I had in mind
    Spooky, because this mental image is haunting me, Wes in this dress :p
    Or Spucky, in honor of a Mr. Spock parody in a German speaking movie [face_thinking]

</Yoda>Not easy the decision is :p

*nods* Especially since it took me almost two hours to do the stupid markup codes, and that was after it was eaten up several times by my computer. Ebil. But you got it!

yeah I got it :D [:D]
    two hours? Awww! The next time send it via mail then you don?t need to bother with the mark ups so long ;) :D

*prods everyone who comes to this thread* Go read it. It's already up and is called Quiet Gardens and is really, totally awsome.

shhh! [face_blush]

Hey, no fair! *scrambles around for anything else she can use to poke Mags with* Hmm...I might have to start calling you "you Beta-ness" you know. And I sent you the next chapter.

you will not call me so *puts her hands on her hips*, young lady :p
    *reaches after gimerstick and pokes, holding it tight*

yeah I have seen it :D
    I am done with ?em

Important Author's Announcemnt: Due to it's being the summer time, I will be away starting this sunday until the begining of August in camp.

:_| Sporky, that?s an awful long time [:D]

The story is almost completely written, and I've sent the next two post to Maggy to beta, and will send the last one hopefully tomorrow night. While I'm gone, Maggy will be posting the posts and replying to the reviews.

yub yub I will do that :)
    I am honoured to take over for the last parts :D

All bow down to her Beta-ness's greatness! I have passed on to her the Scepter of Posty-ness, and the Quill of Responsy-ness!

[face_blush] Shhh! [face_blush]

*giggles and accepts Scepter of Posty-ness and Quill of Responsy-ness*

*pokes Sporky with Scepter*

that?s even better then the gimerstick :p [face_laugh]

Edit: And at least one post will be put up today.

yippie :D

~Mags~

23. thesporkbewithyou

Feb 13, 2005
    Sorry about not posting last night! But I was pulled off to pack for camp. I'm done now though, so here's your update. Possibly posting the next post tonight also. Once more, many thanks to Mags for beta-ing, even when she had to do a term paper!

The Great Cape-nap

"What's that?"

"I've told you for the hundredth time Hobbs! Don't ask about it. All you're supposed to do is stand guard."

"It's going to get us in trouble again, isn't it? Why in space's name do I ever allow myself to be dragged into these things by the likes of you? I told you Wedge wouldn't appreciate having his terminal messed with. Do you thing Durron is going to appreciate whatever you have in store for him anymore than Wedge did? It seems to me that you enjoy getting us into more trouble than we need. Never again will I listen to you, my friend." The last word dripped with sarcasm.

"Wedge wasn't all that angry. And Durron can be a reasonable guy. I am not going to get us into trouble."

"Not that angry? NOT THAT ANGRY? Wes, the whole galaxy heard him yelling at you. You're lucky you're not under his command anymore, or you would have gotten worse than garbage duty for the rest of your career. As for Durron, haven't you heard..."

Hobbie's voice faded slowly into the background as Wes focused in on his comment about Wedge. It was true, though Wes had hoped that Wedge would have taken the prank with as much tolerance and good humor as he normally did, but he hadn't. Although the war was over, Wedge wase tenser than he had been during the war, and seemed less able to tolerate his stunts. Wes didn't envy the man, but he did feel the General needed to lighten up.

But it wasn't only Wedge who needed to lighten up - it was the whole base. The somber mood of the temporary base was begining to get to oppressive for Wes. Once the shock of winning the war had worn off, and the celebrations had died down, people started the grieving process. And furthermore, now that there was more free time, petty grievances that different species had with each other that had been set aside because of the war started to crop up again. And even if you weren't part of some interspecies rage relationship, there were plenty of other htings people argues about, such as the way the end of the war was handled. Wes had listened to, and even participated in some of those arguments. It seemed as if you were the odd man out on the base (at least, among the military men) if you agreed with Cal Omas's solution.

That only served to fuel Wes's prankster side. It made for very good tension relief. Most of the time.

"...so I don't think it's wise to do whatever you're going to do to him - Wes? Are you listening to me?"

Both Wes and Hobbie realized that Wes hadn't been paying attention to what Hobbie had said. It wasn't often that Wes turned introspective, but he always missed something important when he did. Which is why he refrained from doing it too much.

Luckily, Wes was saved from answering because at that moment, Wes spied Kyp Durron coming down the corridor.

"Never mind that Bugbite -"

"I told you not to call me that."

"It's action time - Sithspawn!" Wes hissed angrily.

Hobbie looked at him, amused. "What's wrong?"

"Durron's wearing it. He wasn't supposed to be wearing it."

"And that matters how?"

The cape in question happened to be the one that Han had given the Jedi Master after Kessel, and the one Wes needed in order for the prank to have the effect he wanted. But before he could communicate that to Hobbie in any way, they suddenly found Kyp standing over them.

"And to what do I owe the dubious honor of having the galaxy's most annoying man waiting on me?"

Wes grinned, and tossed off the insult. "I've got a package for you."

"Oh really? I wasn't expecting anything."

"Of course you weren't. Han wanted to keep it a surprise."

Kyp's eyebrows went up at that, and Hobbie clucked in disaprovingly. Obviously he didn't condone Wes's exploitation of the

24. thesporkbewithyou

Feb 13, 2005
    The Art of Revenge

Though he might not look like it, Wedge Antilles was a man who appreciated a good walk. Whenever he had some free time, he always took a walk around the complex. Not that the complex itself was much to see, but Wedge found it relaxing, and it gave him time to think without being interrupted. Not only that, but walking around the compex gave him the oportunity to see all the types of people that were gathered here, whether of the military, or Jedi. And sometimes, if he was lucky, he even caught a glimpse of Jedi practicing with their lightsabers.

Though his gaze was focused on some distant point, Wedge blinked in surprise as he saw two familiar figures running towards him - and in fact, about to run into him, and flattened himself against the wall to avoid collision. Just as he noticed that one of them was clutching something, he heard a voice that sounded like Kyp Durron's holler from down the hall, "WES JANSON, BRING BACK MY CLOAK NOW!"

One of the advantages in being a military man, was that you had a superior ability in being able to make connections and draw logical conclusions from them. And as he heard Kyp holler, and saw Wes and Hobbie run past him, the dots in his head connected.

"Hi Wedge...bye Wedge!"

Wedge gave Wes a mock solute as the two men ran by, and right then and there he decided that he wasn't going to punish Wes further himself. Whatever Durron was going to do to Wes when he caught up with him was going to be far worse.

He peeled himself from the wall slightly to peer in the direction of the Jedi Master's apartment as he heard the door bang open, and then slam shut. He quickly pressed himself back against the wall as the younger man ran past him, the tips of his ears as red as the Errant Venture.

The General shook his head. Though he knew full well that Wes had the mentality of an eight year old, he would have thought that the man would have had enough sense not to pull a prank on the Jedi Master. From what Wedge knew of him, it didn't seem likely that he would take it well.

Although...

As an idea formulated itself in his head, a grin spread across his face. He let Kyp almost turn the corner before he called out to him.

?Master Durron! Kyp! A second please??

He could almost see the wheels of his brain working as he stopped, slowly turned around, and walked back towards Wedge. He was curious, but cautious.

?General Antilles?? he asked, ?I have an urgent matter to attend. I hope it's important!? Kyp kept the expression on his face blank.

A small smile appeard on Wedge's lips. ?So I noticed. But it seems to me that you and I both want the same thing ? revenge on Wes.? Durron snorted and Wedge felt himself color slightly. Word had gotten around fast about Wes?s intrusion in his terminal. ?Yeah, I see you have heard of it too.? Wedge sighed. ?I have formed just the plan to get back at him. So, are you with me?? he asked, and stuck out his hand.

There was a moment's pause as the Jedi Master considered the offer. Then he took the offered hand an shook it.

"I'm in."

The grin turned evil as he put his arm around Kyp's shoulder, and steered him towards his office.

25. YodaKenobi

May 27, 2003
    It was true, though Wes had hoped that Wedge would have taken the prank with as much tolerance and good humor as he normally did, but he hadn't. Although the war was over, Wedge wase tenser than he had been during the war, and seemed less able to tolerate his stunts. Wes didn't envy the man, but he did feel the General needed to lighten up.

He's so noble [face_laugh]

The cape was a poisonous yellow color, with jagged lines of black. Kyp blinked disbelievingly. He had seen the color sceme some years back. On a jumpsuite. And that suite belonged to...
    ...Wes Janson!

[face_laugh] I remember that!

Great post, spork :) I love how introspective Wes got while Hobbie was talking. He sees himself as doing a service to his friends [face_laugh]

And now Wedge and Kyp are going to work together to get revenge on Wes [face_laugh] I can only imagine what they're going to do to him... though I do have that one suspicion still in mind :p

Enjoyed the posts greatly, sporky :D Very funny!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.