main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

The Expanded Universe Defence Force : Home Base

Discussion in 'EU Community' started by Kwenn, Aug 21, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Kwenn

Kwenn Jedi Grand Master star 5

Mar 30, 2001
    THE EXPANDED UNIVERSE DEFENSE FORCE - HOME BASE

NUMBER vee-eye-eye-eye :D

Welcome to the latest in a very long line of EUDF Home Bases. All these moves have been the consequence of many different things, but this one is merely because we've outgrown our old thread Reaching 10,000 posts meant we had to relocate, and here we are.

Again, welcome to this new Base of Operations for the original Defense Force. For those curious about our history, our first thread - founded by Ganner - was started here in the Literature forum. After a while, we re-started here and here in EU Misc, and spent some time here in the Role-Playing forums. Then we moved back into EUC, tothis thread, before heading over here, and on to our penultimate incarnation, here. As you can see, we have a long and distinguished history as a part of TF.N's Jedi Council...and we're damn proud of it!

And after all that, perhaps you'd like to know what the Exanded Universe Defense Force is all about? No? Well tough, you're going to!

MISSION STATEMENT - REVISED SUMMARY by KWENN (You can find the full version here)

It is imperitive you read this summary carefully. The EUDF has rules and regulations in order to be effective against bashers.
    If you do not understand any part of the statement, or are unfamiliar with the terms used, check out the EUDF FAQ or send me a private message.

The PURPOSE of the Expanded Universe Defence Force is to defend the Expanded Universe, its fans and creators from attacks, misinformation, bigotry and intolerance perpetrated by 'EU Bashers'

What we are doing in the EUDF is defending the rights of EU fans, also known as "completists," to speculate freely in the forums using EU data as the basis of that speculation. The EUDF also defends the right for completists to enjoy EU material without fear of being persecuted or belittled by movies-only fans, known as "purists." We recognize that certain persons (known as EU Bashers) attack anyone who uses EU to speculate or states their enjoyment of EU material. We are against the BASHERS, not the PURISTS. The Purists, like ourselves, have opinions of their own, which we must tolerate and respect. The Bashers, on the other hand, go out of their way to stir up trouble for us and EU fans. Therefore, we defend the EU and its followers from these persons only.

It must be understood that we are NOT a group who goes around and forces people to like the EU. We are also NOT a group who runs in and argues every time someone says the EU is stupid or something. We are only interested when those people start attacking the EU and its fans. In the words of Mr. Windu, we're keepers of the peace, not flamers. Ok, ok, so I paraphrased...

Also bear in mind we are the EU Defence Force, not the EU Attack Force. Our goal is to pacify EU-bashing flame wars, not incite them.

RULES AND REGULATIONS

- Back up your team-mates whenever possible.

- Alert your fellow EUDFers of any trouble spots - basically any threads containing basher posts. There is a set proceedure for these alerts, which you can find at the end of this message.

- No flaming. If you flame or bash the enemy, then you are no better than them, and your actions will subsequently trigger backlash that could harm the EUDF as a whole.

- IGNORE SOTJ.NET. It is a basher's haven, and SHOULD NOT BE DISCUSSED IN THE EUDF. The same applies to the 'Great Scene For the ExU in Episode II'

2. A-WingsRule

A-WingsRule Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 9, 2002
    Delta 10 here, with...gasp...first post! :D

Well, I drink to the success of us and our new base!

May the Force be with us all! :D

3. Jedi_Satimber

Jedi_Satimber Jedi Knight star 8

Jul 3, 2002
    probably took too long reading and work got in the way too...

Hopefully this is the first post. :p

Still reading EU/PU...

forgot...this:

:p

**Moves the Rancor into its new room....in the basement.**

Would not want to be near it when it escapes. :p

**grabs the middle office on the north side of the base.**

Don't want to be bothered with the sun. ;)

4. A-WingsRule

A-WingsRule Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 9, 2002
    Hopefully this is the first post

Oops...sorry about that J-Sat :)

But after narrowly missing out on 10,000th post, i get my time to shine ;)

EDIT: And while I'm here, I might as well grab some decent (Lieutenant-grade) quarters. It's much better now the cadets no longer need to sleep in the closets :p ;)

Hmm...[b]EU or PU[/b] looks to be going alright, although I suspect it could still turn nasty. Lucky [b]Anakin_Wannabe[/b] isn't really being openly hostile, just stubborn. ;) But if we get some bashers in there, it could get messy.

~[b]Delta 10[/b]

5. trianiigirl

trianiigirl Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jun 21, 2002
    Mobe in Day... yay!

*grabs office and hangs

SPAM -----> Kichens and Social Threads

sign*

:D

And I see that the rosters area all good also... another yay!

6. Genghis12

Genghis12 Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 18, 1999
    Red-12
    Good to see the new version of the EUDF. But, it seems as though a lot of squadrons are operating at below maximum strength.

7. sidious618

sidious618 Jedi Grand Master star 6

Apr 20, 2003
    Yay I`m on the first page!!

Oh and any new disturbances?

8. sidious618

sidious618 Jedi Grand Master star 6

Apr 20, 2003
    One more thing:
    Where is Face Loran our squad leaders. I've never seen them.

9. Face Loran

Face Loran Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 21, 1999
    Right here. :p

10. CptCorranHorn

CptCorranHorn Jedi Master star 5

Oct 16, 2002
    hey, alright, nice new home, maybe this time I can get in on some action 8-}*

*meaning I've been a cadet for 3 versions now, I always seem to miss the important stuff 8-}

11. DVader316

DVader316 Jedi Knight star 7

Feb 18, 2000
    *unlocks new office door and orders the Cadets to start moving furniture inside*

Once again, great job starting up the new thread, Kwenn. :)

Genghis: Yes, some of the squads are below capacity, but that is the result of our most recent Cleanup. In a way it's good because we've gotten rid of most of the dead weight. Also, older members who have taken some time off have returned of late, and hopefully this trend will continue -- this way the squads will once again be up and running at maximum capacity. :)

12. Daughter_of_Yubyub

Daughter_of_Yubyub Jedi Grand Master star 6

Jul 8, 2002
    Gack. "Can you confirm it one more time"? Some people never quit.

*looks around*

I always forget how clean a new base is.

*remembers she gets Commander's quarters this time around*

Yay! :D

YubYub and TG- Protecting fangirls from hormonally gifted fanboys since 2002

13. Jedi_Satimber

Jul 3, 2002
    Ok...something I would like to ask people...

If you are posting really quickly after a post of your very own...please use the EDIT function.

It will cut down on the post count of the thread...and it will cut down on SPAM.

14. SirLancelot

SirLancelot Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 10, 2002
    we need to consolidate our squads that are at 50-75% up too 100%. it just isent good to have so many noles and understrenghts.

how goes it in the "EU or PU" thread?

15. New_York_Jedi

New_York_Jedi Force Ghost star 6

Mar 16, 2002
    Unless we get a sudden rush of people returning, or promote a lot of cadets, thats not going to be easy...

All but two squads(Alpha and Delta) are under 80% full, and we have 4 squads under 60 percent(Silver, white, gold, and Black)

we only have 73 people in squadrons, but we have 9 squadrons.....we can only really have 6 squadrons if we want them to all be at full.

edit: Oh yeah, gold, Alpha, Delta and Bravo dont have XO's either.

16. Exar_Xan

Exar_Xan Jedi Grand Master star 6

Dec 29, 2001
    *walks into the new base, looks around and see alot of boots awaiting to be cleaned*

Hmm if nothing has changed for me ;)

*goes to work and cleans the boots*

17. Daughter_of_Yubyub

Jul 8, 2002
    Or we can just do what we always do after a cleanup and patiently wait for our ranks to fill up again. :p

18. Jedi_Satimber

Jul 3, 2002
    *---SECURITY STAFF---*
    Deputy Security Chief: Dark_Jedi_Kam
    Security Officer: Jedi_Master_Mazzara
    Security Officer: jedi_master_ousley
    *---SECURITY STAFF---*

I would like to do a quick reshuffling of the Security Force...and I want your opinions.

I would like to create a Security Sergeant position...and place jmo in that spot.

Which may allow one more person to enter the Security Force.

What do you all think?

Of course, DV says Yeah or Nay for this as a go. :p

19. Exar_Xan

Dec 29, 2001
    *grins and continues to work hard to clean everything up*

I know i am a cadet by now. But when will i be fit to fly? Not wanting to sound impatiencend ofcoyurse but I already linked you all to 2 trouble places and defended the EU 3 times.

20. jhc36

jhc36 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 19, 2003
    *steps in to the new thread*

ahhhh.... Blue Rules!!!

blue 3 checking in

21. Daughter_of_Yubyub

Jul 8, 2002
    Don't worry, it'll come soon. :)

22. Jedi_Satimber

Jul 3, 2002
    Xan...you're doing a great job...

keep up the good work...and drop a few bribes to help your cause. :p

Now...gotta go back and check out EU/PU

23. Exar_Xan

Dec 29, 2001
    I never worry DOYY (or how can i call you short?), i have the time and patience.

Jedi_Satimber I think this will be a good plan.

Thank you for the compliments. I hope you accept this honorable bride of 1000 republic dataries ;).

24. Jedi_Satimber

Jul 3, 2002
    Xan...you can always try giving DoY some Timbits.

She loves those Canadian delights...

Me...I never even seen one. :p

25. Daughter_of_Yubyub

Jul 8, 2002
    Sat, you don't know what you're missing. :p

Exar_Xan I answer to just about anything:
    DoY
    DoYy
    Yy
    Daughter
    Yubyub
    Yubs
    Yub
    Yub^2
    Timbits
    Timbit Evangelist
    Ewok Lady

So, take your pick. :p

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.