The Expanded Universe Defence Force :: Home Base

Discussion in 'EU Community' started by jedi_master_ousley, Jun 14, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Moderators: Bardan_Jusik, Sinrebirth
  1. Jedi_Satimber Jedi Grand Master

star 8
    and you haven't disappeared in the last 6 months...so that is a good thing.

Maybe I will discuss a promotion of you.

NOT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :p

j/k
  2. Siasee_Tinn Jedi Knight

star 2
    when and where exactly do i get quized?
  3. Darth-Dispicable Jedi Master

star 4
    Hey EUDF members. I just wanted to pop in and say congrats on yet another incarnation of the thread. Now if you could only spell defense properly. :p

Here's to hoping that you don't have to actually defend anything, and that all remains peaceful in SW land.

~raises frosty mug~

Cheers [face_peace]

PS-this message was brought to you by your friendly neighborhood purist. :)
  4. Siasee_Tinn Jedi Knight

star 2
    hey dd it seems like all the people who want to be sith are actually goodies who want a chance to pretend to be bad i mean i do
  5. Darth-Dispicable Jedi Master

star 4
    Don't let that goodie-goodie thing fool you, it is just a ruse, we are total jerks. [face_devil]
  6. Siasee_Tinn Jedi Knight

star 2
    i'm stubborn but i wouldn't call myself a jerk
  7. Darth-Dispicable Jedi Master

star 4
    I am proud to call myself a jerk, infact I endevor to increase my jerkitude skillz each day. :p

Sorry for derailing the thread, I'll stop now. (See how the goodie-goodie thing covers up my naughtiness? :p)
  8. Siasee_Tinn Jedi Knight

star 2
  9. mlbfan Jedi Master

star 4
    [face_laugh]

DD, when did you put that ruse on when I was a Sith?[face_not_talking] :p
  10. Dev_Binks Jedi Grand Master

star 6
    TS, just wait, or PM Iron_Fist. *mutters about bloody impatient cadets*
  11. kiera2 Jedi Knight

star 1
    "Now if you could only spell defense properly. :p"

[face_laugh] I like you already, even if you are a 'purist'.
  12. cloneCommando1138 Jedi Master

star 4
    I remember when i was really impatient about becoming a cadet....oh wait i still am:p
  13. jedi_master_ousley Manager Emeritus

star 8
    Ah, DD and I go way back... he used to be one of our greatest foes, but after I pwnd him he decided to be nice to the completists. [face_mischief]

Nah... we just sorta came to a mutual agreement to quit bickering and respect each other's point of view. ;)
  14. JediHobbit Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    hey crew.

just lettin' you all know that I do indeed still exist. We're finally going to be getting our internet hooked up within the week, so I'll definitely be around a lot more often.

BTW, RotS (both book and movie) rocked. :D
  15. Dev_Binks Jedi Grand Master

star 6
    Hey look! It's... wait who are you? o_O
  16. Boba_Fett_123 Jedi Master

star 4
    Hobbit!

Yeah, I've been an Ensign for just about ever, but then, I did take about a five month leave of absence from the JC. [face_whistling]
  17. New_York_Jedi Force Ghost

star 6

Yeah, but we did nothing with style. :cool:
  18. Dev_Binks Jedi Grand Master

star 6
    Don't blame me[face_whistling] I just asked him what yall did, and he said you were obsolete and I said to bring yall back or get rid of it.
  19. Darth-Dispicable Jedi Master

star 4
    Ahh the good ol'days, its fun to think back on all the trouble I caused you. j/k:p

In many ways I now appreciate the EU more than ever, and it is thanks to EUDF members like ousley, Errant_Venture, Iron_Fist, and FuimusMaximus that I can now take the EU for what it is, good old fashion Star Wars entertainment.

I have read a few books, namely the Tim Zahn trilo, and Shadows of the Empire. I love Shadows of the Empire, excellent book IMHO. I bought Darth Maul: Shadow Hunter, I have not read it yet but I intend to sooner or later. I usually read fantasy stuff (Dragonlance, Forgotten Realms, etc), and I have way too many books on my shelf that I have not had a chance to read yet, so much literature and so little time. :(

Later my friends [face_peace]

20. DVader316 Jedi Grand Master

star 7
    I know what you mean, dude. I have roughly 35 books sitting on my dresser waiting to be read and I find that I have less and less time to read lately, what with work and other RL stuff. Books that I used to bang out in a few day's time are now taking me weeks to finish.
  21. kiera2 Jedi Knight

star 1
    Okay, so you have Purists, and you have Completionists.. but then there's a different group, too, one that my brother fits into. The kind that love the EU so much that they see any 'plotholes' in the Prequels that contradict the EU as problems with the PT rather than the EU.. and so pretty much ignore the whole Prequel era. What do you call them? :p
  22. FatBurt Force Ghost

star 5
    Dimwits :p

I don't know as ultimately SW is GL's baby and if he decides to contradict the EU he can (we just have to get a retcon in place :( again)

I mentioned this on a thread in FFUK regional board but never covered people who believe GL to be wrong when doing the prequels.

I think dimwits is a good name but would be classed as a flame so we'll not used that :p Prequelists could be an option [face_thinking]
  23. Dev_Binks Jedi Grand Master

star 6
    EUist? And what about people like me who believe the EU is canon, but refuse to recognize certain parts of it?
  24. Siasee_Tinn Jedi Knight

star 2
  25. Jedi_Liz Force Ghost

star 6
    This thing is driving me crazy, but could someone who's read the ROTS novelization (not the kids version) tell me if there was really something in the book where it says why Padmé chose the names Luke and Leia? About two or three weeks ago in Lit, someone said there was something about the names in the book and I have flipped through it and found NOTHING.

Also, where would Anakin have been assigned to about 5 months before ROTS? Right before he and ObiWan go to rescue the chancellor? I didn't watch the clone wars second season cartoons and I didn't buy any of the clone wars novels - only the ROTS novelization(s).

Thanks!

p.s.

Hey, I refuse to acknowledge Callista as being canon! :p I'm a completist minus Callista & Akanah. ;)
Moderators: Bardan_Jusik, Sinrebirth
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.