main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

The Expanded Universe Defence Force :: Home Base

Discussion in 'EU Community' started by jedi_master_ousley, Jun 14, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DVader316

DVader316 Jedi Knight star 7

Feb 18, 2000

Agreed. Im about 3/4 of the way through it and Im really enjoying it, much more than Id expected I would. Its really making me want more Old Republic books, too.

2. Rogue...Jedi

Rogue...Jedi Administrator Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 12, 2000
    Glad to hear its good, finally got around to picking it up this weekend, looking forward to reading it... maybe this weekend? I can dream.

Well, not tonight.

3. Lord_H0th

Lord_H0th Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 18, 2006
    i'm wondering if we distilled that one insurgent?

4. Ki_Undi_Mundi

Ki_Undi_Mundi Jedi Youngling star 3

Jul 31, 2006
    you guys have alot of threds. Phew.

5. EmperorSorridom

EmperorSorridom Jedi Knight star 5

Apr 2, 2005
    Yes, a long and illustrious history this place has. ;)

i'm wondering if we distilled that one insurgent?

That thread was deleted by the mods, it seems.

6. Lord_H0th

Aug 18, 2006
    i said something to them

7. emporergerner

emporergerner Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 6, 2005
    Can I Join?

8. Lord_H0th

Aug 18, 2006
    no one joins anymore its kinda shut down

9. Boba_Fett_123

Boba_Fett_123 Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 6, 2002
    Hey guys!

Okay, so, the campus bookstore has the new Traviss "Legacy" book. Should I spring for it?

10. Lord_H0th

Aug 18, 2006
  11. Rogue...Jedi

Jan 12, 2000
    B_F_123, I'd definitely get Bloodlines, especially if you've read much of the later EU. Actually, if you haven't read Betrayal yet, read it first, then read Bloodlines. Some of its rather important to the latter.

I finished reading Path of Destruction this weekend, excellent novel. It was nice to finally see a true old Republic novel for once, and also one thats not focused on "the good guys". I also liked the (numerous) KotOR references.

12. Donaldson

Donaldson Jedi Master star 4

Jul 15, 2000
    Hi guys, been away a bit. Well a couple of years anyway, but who`s counting?

[deadpan] Miss anything important? [/deadpan]

13. New_York_Jedi

New_York_Jedi Force Ghost star 6

Mar 16, 2002
    I remember you.

14. Donaldson

Jul 15, 2000
    I remember you too man. A couple of others. Kwenn, DVader and Jello for example.

Not been up to a hell of a lot. Having my head kicked in by life, move home a few times, expand horizons a bit. It`s all a lark. Have actually got wookiee`ish hair now!

Anything new with thee?

15. New_York_Jedi

New_York_Jedi Force Ghost star 6

Mar 16, 2002
    Not particularly. Started college and all that good stuff that entails. Have completely neglected the EUDF, you know, that sort of stuff.

16. Lord_H0th

Aug 18, 2006
    man this thread does have a lot of history

17. Jedi Merkurian

Jedi Merkurian Future Films Rumor Naysayer star 7 Staff Member Manager

May 25, 2000
    Oh, I wouldn't say that....

Anyways, I think it would be a good idea to start doing "battle drills," because of this upcoming bit of literature:
    Coming Soon: The Making of Star Wars
    October 25, 2006

With the release of each Star Wars film, there has been a companion book that explores the definitive story of the making of the movie... with one glaring exception that will soon be rectified. For the 30th anniversary of the original Star Wars, Del Rey Books is correcting that oversight with the release of The Making of Star Wars.
    Understand that during the making of Star Wars, no one could have predicted its phenomenal success or the amazing level of interest there would be on all things related to the blockbuster space fantasy. As such, there was no plan for a thorough Making of Star Wars book at the time, though such volumes were delivered for The Empire Strikes Back, Return of the Jedi, and the prequel trilogy.

Nonetheless, a lot of the research and interviews required for such a book were conducted, and those lost interviews have been uncovered by New York Times bestselling author J.W. Rinzler, the LucasBooks editor who chronicled the development of Revenge of the Sith in the Making Of and Art Of books released for Episode III. This includes interviews with George Lucas from before the film was even released, as well as a huge wealth of new material from the Lucasfilm archives that has been literally buried for decades. See never-before-published photos and documents, and hear never-before-revealed anecdotes and insights from cast and crew. Get the full picture of the moviemaking process that created the original film, supplemented by brand new interviews as well.

The Making of Star Wars: The Definitive Story Behind the Original Film is due out April 24 from Del Rey Books in both hardcover (372 pages) and trade paperback (324 pages) editions. The hardcover includes 48 pages of bonus material -- such as rare storyboards from Alex Tavoularis and Ivor Beddoes and George Lucas' first recorded thoughts on the expanded universe -- not available elsewhere.

Be prepared, in case the EU bashers try to spin this every whichway to Sunday. You can consult with us "old-timers" for tactics.

18. Donaldson

Jul 15, 2000
    Unlikely to be able to read it. Funding problem there. If the basic rule of thumb is still `Don`t act like a damned fool` I think we`ll be ok.

19. Lord_H0th

Aug 18, 2006
    hmmm... interesting until now i hadn't heard of this if they do i'll try to be ready

20. Sinrebirth

Sinrebirth Mod-Emperor of the EUC, Lit, RPF and SWC star 10 Staff Member Manager

Nov 15, 2004
    *walks in, bows to the Defence Force*

Greetings. I represent the EU Senate as a Minister, and have rather belatedly realised that the The Expanded Universe Defence Force is not a member.

*looks embarassed*

For those of you who don't know, we're a multi-fan club coalition, dedicated to organising games, events and competitions for you all. The EUC Awards many of you competed in earlier this year is hosted by us.

If you are interested in getting involved and having a voice with the other thirty fan clubs, you'll need to pick someone to represent you; a Senator, and a back-up for them should they be unavailable; a Primary Aide.

If you have any queries, I'm a PM away, and I'll be keeping an eye on things here if you need me anyway.

*bows*

Thank you for your time

21. Lord_H0th

Aug 18, 2006
    hey sinre

22. Rogue...Jedi

Jan 12, 2000
    As I recall, the EUDF earlier had made a decision not to be part of the EUS, but I could be wrong. That could change, too.

23. Lord_H0th

Aug 18, 2006
    hmm... do we even have a roster right now?

24. Rogue...Jedi

Jan 12, 2000
    We do, but its probably outdated.

25. saberlord99

saberlord99 Jedi Master star 3

Jul 9, 2002
    I think the decision to remain outside of the EUS still stands.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.