The Expanded Universe Defence Force :: Home Base

Discussion in 'EU Community' started by jedi_master_ousley, Jun 14, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Moderators: Bardan_Jusik, Sinrebirth
  1. DVader316 Jedi Knight

star 7
  2. Jedi_Satimber Jedi Knight

star 8
    it does.

We, the EUDF, did not like the early versions of the EUS, thus took the action to remain neutral in all EUS activities.

I may have a roster still, but it is most likely severely out of date.
  3. Rogue...Jedi Administrator Emeritus

star 7
    I think the EUDF roster has been out of date for more time than not, really. Only a few times has anyone actually gone through it and purged the inactive names, etc.
  4. Jedi_Satimber Jedi Knight

star 8
    I had it very well purged the last time I posted it.
  5. Isbeth Jedi Master

star 4
    Don't purge me. :mad: I am active, however, I don't post unless there is a thread to investigate. Hello Jedi Sat. :)
  6. drth sidious Jedi Youngling

star 2
    Just a reminder! LotF: Tempest comes out tomorrow. It's another paperback.
  7. Darth_A-skicker Jedi Youngling

star 1
    Ohhh, oh, oh, can I join?
    Oh, and good luck on your mission! [face_good_luck]
  8. Jedi_Satimber Jedi Knight

star 8
    Hi Isbeth, I won't.

I actually picked it up on Sunday. At Border's in one of my local malls. Does me no good though, because I do not have Betrayal yet. :p
  9. Rogue...Jedi Administrator Emeritus

star 7
    I picked up Tempest already, but haven't gotten a chance to read it yet because of exams and the like. Hopefully I'll get to read it soon, though.
  10. Jedi_Satimber Jedi Knight

star 8
    I managed to finally get Betrayal, for like $3 out of my own pocket...and am about 1/3 of the way thru.

Very good book. Great comedy and an ode to the OT with the Han shot first line.

I really am missing Hobbie and Wes Janson in this book, with the great dialogue between Wedge, Tycho, Zekk and Jaina.
  11. Rogue...Jedi Administrator Emeritus

star 7
    I really am missing Hobbie and Wes Janson in this book, with the great dialogue between Wedge, Tycho, Zekk and Jaina.

Yeah, it would have been nice to see the whole foursome in there, but I was happy he at least had Wedge and Tycho. Then again, how could Allston not have at least Wedge :p
  12. Jedi_Satimber Jedi Knight

star 8
    He at least mentioned Wes Janson. That was a plus.

I finished Betrayal like 2 or 3 days ago, and already started on Bloodlines. I can't remember when or where I read the whole story on Fett's daughter.
  13. DVader316 Jedi Knight

star 7
    J-SAT !!! What's up, bro ??
  14. Rogue...Jedi Administrator Emeritus

star 7
    Just read Tempest yesterday, a very good read. Quite intriguing, and it'll be very interesting to see how they take the story from here.

The one thing that annoyed me was that Jag Felwas in the dramatis personae, but was only in one little scene. False advertisement!
  15. General_Veers05 Jedi Knight

star 2
    Excuse me...

ermm...can i join?
  16. jedi-master-anikinrl Jedi Youngling

hi my name is jedi-master-anikinrl and I was told by my adoptee to join this board and I was wondering if anyone can help me get use to this and show me around so I can help with you guys. so if anyone can pm I would apreciate it. Also I am looking for someone to train me to become a padawan.
  17. ewok_jedi Jedi Knight

star 6
    Actually I would be your adopter Anikin and this is a different thread than I directed you to
  18. Rebel_Radio Jedi Youngling

star 1
    Hello, I'd like to join the EUDF. I've actually been here for only a day, but I love the EU and have never seen a trouble spot.

I hope I get accepted.

[face_peace]
  19. Jedi_Satimber Jedi Knight

star 8
    Not much GA.

Merry (belated) Xmas to all.

Happy New Year to one and all.

As for you new guys that want to join...just stick around and try and start a discussion...see who comes out of the woodwork at that point.

I finished Betrayal, and am now almost finished with Bloodlines. I am at the point where Boba caught Han and Han told Boba that Jacen had Ailyn in custody. Can't wait to see what happens when Han tells Boba that Jacen killed Ailyn
  20. jedi-master-anikinrl Jedi Youngling

my name is jedi-master-anikinrl and I accept my trainer and master: Rilwen Shadowflame.
  21. ewok_jedi Jedi Knight

star 6
    This was stated in the wrong thread my adoptee, the thread you should have posted this in Anikinrl in the Galactic Defenders thread found [link=http://boards.theforce.net/eu_community/b10194/22799887/p219/?5474]here[/link]
  22. Isbeth Jedi Master

star 4
    Can somebody explain to me the difference between C-canon and S-Canon? I came across these terms in the Lit Forum and have no clue whatsoever as to what they mean. :confused: Can my fellow EUDFers explain that to me?
  23. drth sidious Jedi Youngling

star 2
    This is a copy/paste from Wookieepedia, but I think it explains the different canon levels well.

G-canon is "George Lucas" canon; the six Episodes and anything directly provided to Lucas Licensing by Lucas (including unpublished production notes from him or his production department that are never seen by the public). Elements originating with Lucas in the movie novelizations, reference books, and other sources are also G-canon, though anything created by the authors of those sources is C-canon. When the matter of changes between movie versions arises, the most recently released editions are deemed superior to older ones, as they correct mistakes, improve consistency between the two trilogies, and express Lucas's current vision of the Star Wars universe most closely.

C-canon is "continuity" canon, consisting of all recent works (and many older works) released under the name of Star Wars: books, comics, games, cartoons, non-theatrical films, and more. Games are a special case, as generally only the stories are C-canon, while things like stats and gameplay may not be; they also offer non-canonical options to the player, such as choosing female gender for a canonically male character. C-canon elements have been known to appear in the movies, thus making them G-canon; examples include the name "Coruscant," swoop bikes, Quinlan Vos, Aayla Secura, YT-2400 freighters, Salporin, and Action VI Transports.

S-canon is "secondary" canon; the materials are available to be used or ignored as needed by current authors. This includes mostly older works, such as much of the Marvel Star Wars comics, that predate a consistent effort to maintain continuity; it also contains certain elements of a few otherwise N-canon stories, and other things that "may not fit just right." Many formerly S-canon elements have been elevated to C-canon through their inclusion in more recent works by continuity-minded authors, while many other older works (such as The Han Solo Adventures) were accounted for in continuity from the start despite their age, and thus were always C-canon.

N-canon is "non-canon." What-if stories (such as stories published under the Infinities label) and anything else directly and irreconcilably contradicted by higher canon ends up here. N-canon is the only level that is not considered canon by Lucasfilm.
  24. Isbeth Jedi Master

star 4
    Thanks, drth sidious. :) That was most revealing.
  25. Jedi_Satimber Jedi Knight

star 8
    since my last post, I finished Bloodlines and Tempest, and even a Zahn book that I found, Train to Rigel (or something like that...too lazy to get the whole thing).

I stopped at the mall last night to pick up Allegience, but the book store was closed down. :mad:

speaking of Zahn, I am going to meet him on Saturday, for the 2nd time. I hope that there will be many fans to have fun with
Moderators: Bardan_Jusik, Sinrebirth
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.