main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

The Expanded Universe Defence Force :: Home Base

Discussion in 'EU Community' started by jedi_master_ousley, Jun 14, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. cloneCommando1138

cloneCommando1138 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 16, 2005
    yeah sorry about that. i'll be patient:)
    and by the way i sent you the revised draft of the mission.

2. Rev_Leidu

Rev_Leidu Jedi Master star 5

Nov 22, 2001
    I got it. Don't worry so much. I always check my PMs since I don't get many very often. :)

3. cloneCommando1138

Apr 16, 2005
    alright, no problems.

anyways, i havent found any trouble spots lately. is this so with everyone else?

4. Daughter_of_Yubyub

Daughter_of_Yubyub Jedi Grand Master star 6

Jul 8, 2002
    Why do we never clone the ones who are around?

I know, I know, because they actually notice us trying. :p

So, are the whispers about the new book and an Ewok anything? :p

5. Jedi_Satimber

Jedi_Satimber Jedi Knight star 8

Jul 3, 2002
    I am really enjoying Labrynth of Evil.

Love how it mentions Quinlan Vos (who I knew nothing about), Sifo-Dias and who killed him...among other things.

I am slightly miffed though...because the book states that Dooku knew about the Clones, yet in AotC, he made a statement that said he didn't, on Geonosis.

6. jedi_master_ousley

jedi_master_ousley Manager Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 14, 2002
    He did? Are we watching the same version of AOTC?

7. Jaina Byrd

Jaina Byrd Jedi Master star 4

Feb 21, 1999
    Eh, well, I've put this off for long enough. I figure a new thread is a good occasion to get into this- soooo, with that, I'd like to join your ranks and train as a cadet. :D

8. Iron_Fist

Iron_Fist Jedi Knight star 5

Jan 30, 2003
    Welcome, Jaina. Hang on there and Sats will get you onto the Cadet roster. Then you get to endure some nice, grueling training under me and the Cadet team, and once you tumble through that, you'll be assigned to a squadron and be promoted to Ensign! :D Again, Welcome! :D

Cadets who haven't been sent PMs as of yet, expect them before the weekend. ;) :)

I_F

9. Rev_Leidu

Nov 22, 2001
    ...more Cadets? Oi, oi...how many more are there going to be? I'm getting dizzy! [face_laugh] Just kidding :p

10. Jedi_Satimber

Jul 3, 2002

when Dooku stated, "How could the Republic raise an Army that quickly..." (or something to that effect).

Also, I love how Grievous is at the Battle of Geonosis, and took several of the Jedi down.

11. jedi_master_ousley

Jun 14, 2002
    Ooooh, I know what you're referring to now. He was talking to Nute Gunray - he couldn't very well tell him the truth about the Clones.

"Joined the Sith, Dooku has. Creating lies and mistrust are his ways now."

;)

12. Jedi_Satimber

Jul 3, 2002

an EUer might be able to know that...but a movie lover would not agree. ;)

13. Rogue...Jedi

Rogue...Jedi Administrator Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 12, 2000
    Not quite sure I follow you there, J_Sat...

From AotC alone we know that Dooku is a Sith, and ousley pointed out Yoda's quote on creating lies concerning him.

Also from the AotC, we know Jango Fett was hired by 'Tyrannus'... which at the end of AotC is revealed to be Dooku ("Welcome home, Lord Tyrannus"). From that alone I would say it is a pretty safe assumption that Dooku knew about the clones. Further, given that Dooku works for (and is apprentice to) Sidious, who's running both sides, it stands to reason that he likely was completely aware of the preparations on both sides.

Personally, I've always thought that his "how could they raise an army so quickly" sounded a bit... unsurprised, as if Dooku knew exactly what happened but couldn't tell anyone. After all, if you were helping finance a war and one of your military commanders (or fighters, or however you categorize Dooku here) mentioned that he had known about enemy military preparations and hadn't done anything.. let alone that he helped them in it... would you ever trust that person again?

14. jedi_master_ousley

Jun 14, 2002
    Completely agreed, Rogue. Nice to see you back! :D

15. Rogue...Jedi

Rogue...Jedi Administrator Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 12, 2000
    Well, I don't know how much I'll really be around... I'm at work right now waiting for the Mac to finish some massive calculations, so I decided to log on and see what was happening.

16. Siasee_Tinn

Siasee_Tinn Jedi Youngling star 2

Jun 7, 2005
    hey everyone

17. Skyvader

Skyvader Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 14, 2005
    I completely agree with Rogue and I must say that one of the things GL did with the prequels that was great was to really build up the way that Sidious/Palpatine so very carefully built up everything basically by his own pure will. He had plans on top of plans to make this whole thing come off. Lucas' creation of this super smart political character who used even his closest allies as nothing more than pawns is great, subtle writing. No one knew what was really going on until it was really way to late, and by then Anakin wasn't really willing to help out the Jedi that much anyway (maybe the understatement of the year).

18. -RebelScum-

-RebelScum- Jedi Grand Master star 6

Feb 21, 2004
    I got my Cadet PM, mailed in my answers.

-The Scummy-

19. Sean_Starrider

Sean_Starrider Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 30, 2002
    This discussion about Dooku and whether he knew about the Clones or not...Have any of you played the game "Bounty Hunter" to the end? Dooku hires Fett to be the person they make Clones of.

20. Jedi_Satimber

Jul 3, 2002
    but dude, we also knew that from the movie. ;)

21. Sean_Starrider

Sean_Starrider Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 30, 2002
    I appologize for not making my statement more clear. I thought the question was because Dooku acted like he knew nothing about the Clones during the battle of Geonosis, Was he being serious or just acting like he didn't know? That's why I brought up the video game and i'd also like to add that in LOE or was it Dark Rendevous? Well whichever it was, It talks about how Dooku kept paying the bills for the Clones using the name Tyranus. Point is that Dooku definetely knew about the Clones prior to Geonosis. :)

22. GRANDADMIRALAXLROSE

GRANDADMIRALAXLROSE Jedi Knight star 7

May 8, 2002
    but learning it in the game is so much more fun

23. Rev_Leidu

Nov 22, 2001
    By the Force, it's our long lost Admiral Axl! How ya been! :D

24. cloneCommando1138

Apr 16, 2005
    do i have to make an account in the EUDF social boards to get the promotion?

and also rev, i finished the last mission as well:)

i hope it all checks out.

25. Jaina Byrd

Jaina Byrd Jedi Master star 4

Feb 21, 1999
    Hey. :) Still awaiting orders.

In other news, I'm not sure this is notable (I'm obviously new at this), I witnessed "EU-fanboy" bashing in the JCC King/Queen thread. I chose not to say anything so as not to start a dispute, but I previously supported this candidate, so now he has lost my vote.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.