main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Senate The Expanded Universe Senate

Discussion in 'EU Community' started by Sinrebirth , Sep 1, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mitth_Fisto

Mitth_Fisto Chosen One star 6

Sep 29, 2005
    It appears to be so Bard'ika. I have heard no chatter for other candidates at this point.

2. BultarSwan

BultarSwan Founder: Grand Rapids, MI FF star 10

Jul 5, 2003
    Same goes, Bardan.

3. Adalia-Durron

Adalia-Durron WNU/Costume/Props/EUC Mod. star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jun 3, 2003
    We have two teams then.....two is all we need then!

4. Skywalker_T-65

Skywalker_T-65 Jedi Grand Master star 6

Nov 19, 2009
    Campaigning runs till the 15th correct? When do we need to have our platforms up and ready?

5. Bardan_Jusik

Bardan_Jusik Former Manager star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 14, 2009
    You mean yours isn't ready yet? :rolleyes:

:p

[​IMG]

6. Skywalker_T-65

Nov 19, 2009
    You know what I meant :p

7. Bardan_Jusik

Dec 14, 2009
    I know, but I have to give you a hard time. ;)

The voting is to start up the 15th, votes are to go to Adalia-Durron. I would say any time between now and when she opens up the voting is just fine for campaigning/platfroms and so forth.

[​IMG]

8. Adalia-Durron

Adalia-Durron WNU/Costume/Props/EUC Mod. star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jun 3, 2003
    Noted..... nods

9. s65horsey

s65horsey Otter-loving Former EUC Mod star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 24, 2006
    Senators, non-senators, mods, and everyone reading this. Greetings! Many of you know me, but we have several newer users now that the exciting news of Episode 7 has come out and I have been around in a limited capacity for the last few months so I shall introduce myself.

I am a former EUC moderator and before that I was heavily involved in the Senate as Senator, Vice Chancellor, and Chancellor. I believe in being someone who does things for other people. Over the course of my 6.5 years here I have run various things around the EUC. I instituted the EUC Spring Fling where we ran carnival-like games. I have run the Awards, EUC Clue, the Starfighter Draft, and presently run Apples to Apples.

In most cases the leadership is someone who comes up with ideas and other people run with them. That doesn't seem to work in the EUC. The Chancellor really needs to be someone who is willing to step up and be the person who puts the ideas into practice. I have experience doing this as does my Vice Chancellor candidate Bardan_Jusik. He has been a solid fixture in the EUC for several years now. He is a hard worker and has become one of my favorite people on here which is why I'm excited to form a partnership with him to help keep the Senate alive and hopefully move us to a more active Senate again.

10. Skywalker_T-65

Nov 19, 2009
    To everyone in the Senate, and everyone who may just randomly stop by, I would like to say hello. Those of you who frequent the Blue Moon will recognize me; after all I started the most recent iteration of it. And of course, hello to any new users who may be stopping by wondering what the Senate is.

I am just a normal user, if more prolific in posting than average. The only real credentials I have are starting the KOTOR fanclub, and running the current BMC. However, I believe that is not a bad thing, as it helps me relate to the new users, who (like me) do not know about the older games.

Having experience is important to be sure, but in the post-EpVII world, I believe that fresh blood is more important. My running mate, Rebecca_Daniels, and I are both new to the Senate. We are both fresh to this, and I believe that helps. We can bring new ideas, and relate to new users. With our fresh perspective, the two of us can revitalize the Senate. And if anyone has any questions, we welcome them, either in here or via PM.

11. Robimus

Robimus Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jul 6, 2007
    What new ideas do each of you have to continue to grow the EUC?

This is "The Expanded Universe Community" so I guess another question I have is what current elements of the Star Wars Expanded Universe are each of you most interested in?

12. Skywalker_T-65

Nov 19, 2009
    For an example: I was thinking (as a Jedi) that we are very limited in our ability to talk to our 'frienenemies' in other Force sects. I don't want to lift the restriction on posting in their thread though. I was thinking of starting a discussion thread (in character or out of character) where both sides could mingle and have weekly discussions. This way both factions are getting attention, and it can help draw more attention to the EUC as a whole (since a lot of people like Sith/Jedi stuff).

As for current EU...probably a return of the X-Wing series, as Mercy Kill did do rather well.

EDIT: And of course, I would (should I be elected) discuss the idea with Grandmasters CPL and Swan, and Dark Lady Tee. No need to jump over their heads after all.

13. Chewbacca89

Chewbacca89 Jedi Master star 5

Oct 25, 2012
    I am just a Senatorial Aid, but I think that is a good idea Skywalker_T-65. You have my support.

14. Runjedirun

Runjedirun Force Ghost star 6

Sep 3, 2012
    Hi all! Just here to let you know that the Wedge Antilles Fan Club has graciously allowed me to represent them in the senate.

15. Bardan_Jusik

Dec 14, 2009
    Welcome to the Senate Runner. I am sure you will represent the Wedge Antilles Fan Club with grace and wisdom.

[​IMG]

16. Sinrebirth

Sinrebirth Mod-Emperor of the EUC, Lit, RPF and SWC star 10 Staff Member Manager

Nov 15, 2004
    By the way, I'm remaining aloof in case an adjudicator is required.

On the 15th I shall commit my last executive act...

... Don't worry, it won't disrupt the elections.

On my honour as a Sith Lord.

17. s65horsey

Jun 24, 2006
    *snorts @ Sinre*

First off I would strongly be against Sky's idea. Not long ago the Jedi and the Sith discussed within the senate about dual membership and discussions in their threads. Each group said they didn't mind others coming into the thread for Sith or Jedi related discussions. There is no need to mess with these two groups right now and I'd rather not take posts away from those threads with the creation of a new thread when we already have threads that can be posted in by anyone.

Second, I'd like to bring back some of the things I used to do. I intend to get someone else to run A2A so I can pick up a new game or get someone else to run the new game if A2A is too involved. So I'll add a new game to the EUC. We haven't done a Spring Fling in awhile so I would like to do that next month as well. I also would like to start some discussions as we get more information about how Episode 7 and the stand-a-lones are going to impact the EU that we know and love. I think some threads like that could help us attract new users to the EUC. The other thing I am going to do is to utilize some of the existing groups (like the Wedge FC or the NJOFC flight groups) and work with the Welcome New Users forum to increase our presence there. I'm sure some of you were recruited right out of that forum and we can and need to continue to do so. I have a really active contact in the WNU and I believe we can work together to help the EUC gain members.

Robimus to the second part of your question I am very involved in most things EU. I read books and comics and a wide variety of each. I'd say that the Clone Wars stuff is probably what I pay the least amount of attention to.

Runjedirun and Bardan_Jusik like this.
  18. Skywalker_T-65

Nov 19, 2009
    I apologize if I was misinformed, but I was under the impression that we were no longer allowed to even post for discussions. Perhaps CPL_Macja and Teegirloo can clarify on that, as I would not want to work on faulty information.

If I am correct though, the purpose of this thread is two fold. While we do indeed already have threads where anyone can post (the BMC for instance), if I am remembering right on the 'not allowed in each others threads' front, it is impossible for a Jedi or Sith to directly talk to the other. The BMC is good, but it is a social thread, which limits what we can talk about (it doesn't help if say, a Jedi asks a Sith a question and it gets buried in 20 pages...which could easily happen these days). What I am envisioning is a place where we can talk with each other, and not have to distract others, or be distracted ourselves. And, it would not take posts away from our respective temples, because it would be designed around weekly discussion topics. That is the plan anyway.

As for games, I will freely admit I lack the experience to truly set one up. But if I were elected, I would go to the community at large and ask what they want, and if any could help. I am not above asking for help from my fellow EUCers when it is needed.

EDIT: And to clarify...I am not going to go over the heads of the Sith and Jedi Orders. If I were to be elected and did this idea, I would work hand in hand with them the whole time. The last thing I want to do is mess with the Orders where it isn't needed. I just view this idea as a way to revitalize interest in them both.

EDIT Zwei: And I would retract the suggestion if I am wrong and we are allowed to post for discussions. This idea was built around the assumption that we are not allowed to. And I fully admit it is redundant in the case that Sey is right.

Chewbacca89 likes this.
  19. s65horsey

Jun 24, 2006
    If you refer to the link I posted they already said their opinions on this. Bolding my emphasis.

Bardan_Jusik and CPL_Macja like this.
  20. Skywalker_T-65

Nov 19, 2009
    Actually, I was referring to the last time a user posted in the SIth Thread. Tee asked her (JediFalcon) to leave, and it seemed like that was it. But then we were told in the Jedi Temple to not post in the Sith Thread at all. I know that Sinre popped in at one point (somewhat) soon after that and CPL said that he was violating a truce we had with Tee. Maybe I misread that whole situation, but that is why I asked for clarification.

Adalia-Durron likes this.
  21. CPL_Macja

CPL_Macja Jedi Grand Master star 5

Nov 29, 2008
    That measure was put in place because members were not visiting to enhance the discussion but distracted from it. It was than agreed upon that each group would stay out for the time being. This part of the agreement is going to be revisited after the election.

Sent from a Galaxy far away via R2-N6

22. Skywalker_T-65

Nov 19, 2009
    Okay, just wanted to make sure (which is why I didn't notice this sooner, I've been trawling through the Jedi Thread looking for more information).

In that case, I will put the Discussion Thread on the back-burner (still there, but needs work) and bring up another idea I have:

This is an idea that both Becca and I came up with. Basically, it would be a competition, where people choose a specific thread, and make posts to contribute to that threads discussion (obviously Jedi/Sith are off-limits until that is revisited). The point would be to make a team for each thread, and any posts that are a good contribution gives that team points. The main reason for this idea is to help revive old threads, and get people to post in threads they are not usually in. Say, getting a member of the Vong Thread to post in the FOTJ thread. After a set amount of time (needs refining in that regard) the posts would be tallied, and the thread that wins is declared the 'Best Thread'. The idea needs some refining, but it is good for getting old threads going again, which is important with how many have dropped off the radar lately.

Robimus and Adalia-Durron like this.
  23. s65horsey

Jun 24, 2006
    Since voting starts tomorrow I just want to leave y'all with this: I am really excited about this. I have not been excited about much lately concerning the boards, but this has gotten my attention and has me logging on more than I have in the past several months. I want to be able to share my enthusiasm with others.

24. Skywalker_T-65

Nov 19, 2009
    I wish I could say the same, but I am on here way more than is really healthy soo... :p

That being said, I'm just as excited about this. If I won, this would be my first chancellorship and I would be lying if I said that didn't worry me. But we have such a good community here, that could help me through things. I hope I get the chance to do my best.

Robimus likes this.
  25. Robimus

Robimus Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jul 6, 2007
    I believe the Senate looks as follows. I hope no one is missing. Also has the KotOR Club officially named a Senator? Going through that thread it seems there was a willing candidate.

Senators

Guardians of Light: BultarSwan

X-Wing: Katana_Sundancer

NSO: Teegirloo

BMC: Skywalker_T-65

Calista: Jedi2187leia

Mandalorian: Robimus

NJO/LotF: Adalia-Durron

Twin Suns: adaml83

WJFC: zarkinfrood

NUS: Trimaj

Thrawn: Mitthy