main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Senate The Expanded Universe Senate

Discussion in 'EU Community' started by Sinrebirth , Sep 1, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Adalia-Durron

Adalia-Durron WNU/Costume/Props/EUC Mod. star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jun 3, 2003
    I agree with.......shivers ^ him...

Bardan_Jusik likes this.
  2. Bardan_Jusik

Bardan_Jusik Former Manager star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 14, 2009
    As do I, but upset me that does not. :p

[​IMG]

3. Rebecca_Daniels

Rebecca_Daniels Force Ghost star 5

Sep 3, 2006
    Not a senator, but I like it. Just a thought, but maybe have a "host" for each topic, someone dedicated to keeping it alive? And then trade off, since not everyone's interested in the same thing and it gives the host a break. Don't know how they'd be chosen, maybe as a volunteer or I dunno. Unless someone's already mentioned this and I missed it.

4. Runjedirun

Runjedirun Force Ghost star 6

Sep 3, 2012
    The host is a good idea!

5. Jedi Gunny

Jedi Gunny Chosen One star 9

May 20, 2008
    Awards! Awards! [face_dancing]

6. BultarSwan

BultarSwan Founder: Grand Rapids, MI FF star 10

Jul 5, 2003
  7. Robimus

Robimus Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jul 6, 2007
    I'd say, just start and we will work out the details as we go. Maybe a month per character, something like that.

I don't know how many Dawn of the Jedi readers we have here so maybe getting to know one of them would be a good start.

8. BlueHeron

BlueHeron Jedi Master star 2

Oct 28, 2003
    I'm wondering if a month would be so long that people would feel less excited based around the idea that it would be a slow conversation? Does any of that make sense?

This is Swan, by the way.

9. Adalia-Durron

Adalia-Durron WNU/Costume/Props/EUC Mod. star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jun 3, 2003
    Maybe two weeks would be better? The regulars are here everyday and most others pop in a couple times a week. If they were really interested they'd come back more.

Robimus likes this.
  10. Runjedirun

Runjedirun Force Ghost star 6

Sep 3, 2012
    I think a week is good, if the discussion goes beyond tat take it to the fan club like s65horsey suggested on the previous page.

11. jedi2187leia

jedi2187leia Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jan 11, 2006
    I agree on a week as well. I know that this was done a couple of years back.

BultarSwan likes this.
  12. Rebecca_Daniels

Rebecca_Daniels Force Ghost star 5

Sep 3, 2006
    I'd say two weeks, just to give time for people to come in and weigh their opinions or whatever. Also so we don't have to have a huge list of characters prepared and be switching hosts all the time.

Hey, maybe get EUCers to sign up to take a 2 (or 1 week, whatever the decision) block and name the character they want to promote in the discussion? Like, try to get EUCers who maybe don't hang out in the Senate, and then people can pick a 2-week period they know they're around a lot or something so we don't have absentee hosts? Does that make sense?

13. zark

zark Jedi Master star 4

Feb 23, 2009
    Okay, I am here as promised. I really like the suggestions so far, and I agree with the two weeks instead of the monthly bit.

Sent from a wireless cantaloupe.

BultarSwan likes this.
  14. Robimus

Robimus Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jul 6, 2007
    Two weeks would be better. I know of at least a couple users here who only sign in once per week or so that would take part, but might not if they miss the one week window.

I'm thinking about Rebecca's idea about allowing EUC users in general pick the characters. That might be a little lit too wide open for me. I'd say that it would be better to encourage the users to take part in the clubs that are picking the characters to be discussed, have their voice heard that way as opposed to trying to juggle the choices of everyone in some fair manner.

I think we would need some types of basic template for the characters discussion. No offense to anyone, but saying CHI CHO....DISCUSS.....in the first post doesn't really encourage a lot of discussion. Tons of people would have no idea who Chi Cho even is, so perhaps a picture, short bio and appearances list might be a good thing. If anyone doesn't know how to do internet pictures let me know and I can get a picture ready and then have Bardan insert it into the first post for the character.

Also I support Horsey's idea of drawing which club will get first choice from a hat, or what have you. I'd also suggest that a club need not have Senate Representation to take part. For instance I'd love to see discussion of a Yuuzhan Vong character, if that group would like to make some suggestions of who would be discussed(assuming they are not represented in the Senate, I can't remember). Of course we would need to get permission from the unrepresented groups to have them involved.

Maybe we could figure out each club that wants to take part, toss all their names in a hat and establish an order for each clubs turn. If a club runs into trouble and can't pick a character at the proper time the pick would then fall to the next club in the order established by Horsey.

15. Sinrebirth

Sinrebirth Mod-Emperor of the EUC, Lit, RPF and SWC star 10 Staff Member Manager

Nov 15, 2004
    The presentator would be expected to present the discussion, I imagine.

16. Katana_Sundancer

Katana_Sundancer Jedi Master star 4

Aug 13, 2009
    This sounds great. I agree with the two week window. I know that there are certain characters that I could talk about for ages, and others that I know less of but am still interested in. Plus comparing all the individual impressions we have of characters can be lots of fun - everyone has their own head-canon for their favourite characters.

17. s65horsey

s65horsey Otter-loving Former EUC Mod star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 24, 2006
    Ok I'm going to ask that if you are your fan club has an interest in hosting a topic that you send me a PM and let me know. If you already have an idea of what you'd like to talk about you can include that as well. If not I'll try to work with you on finding a topic.

Again, to those reading this you don't have to be part of the Senate to participate so if you are interested or know someone who might be (I'm going to see if I can con one of the Lit mods into leading a discussion over here as well) please send me a PM.

18. s65horsey

Jun 24, 2006
    I've gotten some good response to this from some of my Lit friends, so I'm going to move forward with it while they're excited about it. I'm still looking for some EUC people to step up and be willing to run a small discussion about a lesser known character (or part of the EU), but between myself and Havac I think we can run with this for a bit while everyone else finishes discussing and coming up with a character for their FC to represent. I haven't had any EUC people say they are ready to help and I've only had one Fan Club (X-wing) say that they want to do one, they just don't know who yet.

Posting the thread soon after this post. Please take part in the discussions! I can't wait until my turn to talk about DotJ characters. You're all going to want to go out and buy the book if you haven't already.

Runjedirun likes this.
  19. s65horsey

Jun 24, 2006
    Another post, but we'll be giving the current discussion a few more days and then moving on to a new topic. As always if you have something you'd like to discuss please contact Jusik.

Topic List:
    1. Awards

Also if you ever wanted to learn more about your Chancellor I am currently being interviewed in the Lit forum here

20. s65horsey

Jun 24, 2006
    Ok seeing no new discussion, I am moving on. Here are the awards from the last time we did them. Anyone have any suggestions of changes or different categories?

Rules:
    - You can't vote for yourself! So don't go putting your own name down for all the categories!
    - PM all votes to me please, this is a secret vote and I will collect all votes / Copy and Paste into a PM and then fill it in, send it to me. ;)
    - If you don't have a name for a category, leave it blank, someone will have someone for that category!
    - TWO WEEKS! From the 1st of October to the 14th of October, that's how long you have to place your votes!

REWARDS: Bragging Rights! You have the right to put any title you win in your signature, please do!

BEST PATRON GETS COLOURS FOR TWO WEEKS!!!

1st Season Awards:
    Patron Awards
    Best Patron:
    Nicest Patron:
    Funniest Patron:
    Scariest Patron:
    Geekiest Patron:
    Most Reliable Patron:
    Most Underrated Patron:
    Most Respectable Patron:
    Jedi Master of the EUC:

Most Likely To...
    Get a Life:
    Revive the EUC:
    Take Over the World:
    Destroy the EUC:
    Become a Mod:
    Get Banned for Nothing:
    Cry Because of a Comic:
    Clone a Pilot from Rogue Squadron:
    Be a secret Imperial Loyalist/Join the Empire:
    Be a Secret Rebel Separatist/Join the Alliance:
    Become the next Chancellor:

21. BultarSwan

BultarSwan Founder: Grand Rapids, MI FF star 10

Jul 5, 2003
    We NEED 'Most likely to fall on their own lightsaber.' Or however it was worded. That one is funny. :D

... Wait, we can clone people???

22. zark

zark Jedi Master star 4

Feb 23, 2009
    Can we add: Most likely to turn pirate?

23. Skywalker_T-65

Skywalker_T-65 Jedi Grand Master star 6

Nov 19, 2009
    One would think we should have a 'Sith Lord/Lady of the EUC' if we have Jedi Master.

Yes I know Sinre would win it in a landslide, its the principle of the matter :p

24. Sinrebirth

Sinrebirth Mod-Emperor of the EUC, Lit, RPF and SWC star 10 Staff Member Manager

Nov 15, 2004
    Thank you, thank you.

25. Bardan_Jusik

Bardan_Jusik Former Manager star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 14, 2009
    The EUC awards were split into two "groups". Group A (this group) has Jedi Master of the EUC. Group B has Sith Lord/Lady of the EUC (as well as a host of other awards). I'll take a look back and see if I can find them all.

EDIT: These are the second season Awards. Note that there is some overlap of a few categories and I had to "mod"ify ( :p ) one as it referred to a past Moderator here instead of a current one. Pretty sure the split was so that we weren't voting on the same awards over and over again and to give us some variation. Anyway here they are.

2nd Season Awards

Patron Awards

Best Patron:
    Happiest Patron:
    Laziest Patron:
    Luckiest Patron:
    Most Morose Patron:
    Most Talkative Patron:
    Most Overrated Patron:
    Most Knowledgeable Patron:
    Dark Lord of the Sith of the EUC:

Most Likely To...