main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Senate The Expanded Universe Senate

Discussion in 'EU Community' started by Sinrebirth , Sep 1, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Runjedirun

Runjedirun Force Ghost star 6

Sep 3, 2012
  2. zark

zark Jedi Master star 4

Feb 23, 2009
    Same here. I hope things start going better sis.

3. BultarSwan

BultarSwan Founder: Grand Rapids, MI FF star 10

Jul 5, 2003
    Kat I hope life gets a little easier for you. And I hope we'll still see you around!

Runjedirun likes this.
  4. Bardan_Jusik

Bardan_Jusik Former Manager star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 14, 2009
    Unfortunate this is Kat, but understandable. Hope things start to go better for you.

OK, I am going to open things up to questions to the candidates from Senators and citizens alike. That will run until Monday and then we will devote next week to voting.

[​IMG]

Adalia-Durron likes this.
  5. Katana_Sundancer

Katana_Sundancer Jedi Master star 4

Aug 13, 2009
    Thanks everybody. I'll definitely still be around - I'm still Senator of the XWFC. I just don't think I'd be able to do justice to the role of Chancellor.

Oh, and my mother has a kidney infection... -_-

6. Runjedirun

Runjedirun Force Ghost star 6

Sep 3, 2012
    Are we ever going to vote on the people who were nominated?

BultarSwan and zarkinfrood like this.
  7. CrazyOldHermit

CrazyOldHermit Jedi Master star 4

Aug 22, 2007

Sorry to see you withdraw, but glad you will still be around. Hope your mother gets well.

8. ma_petite

ma_petite Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 26, 2006
    Yes. My family came into town and they come first. I havent forgotten about it I just haven't been able to so it yet. It will be done though.

Mobile sock of s65horsey

Runjedirun likes this.
  9. Bardan_Jusik

Dec 14, 2009
    No questions for the candidates? How easy you all are making it for them. :p

Very well then. It is now time to vote. I will one week for voting and will announce the winner this time next Monday (12 AUG) The candidates are:

zarkinfrood (Chancellor), CrazyOldHermit (Vice Chancellor)

BultarSwan (Chancellor), Rebecca_Daniels (Vice Chancellor)

Senators you may PM me your votes until next Monday when I will declare the winner. If you wish you may still use this time to ask questions of the candidates.

Senator of the Guardians of Light: Chewbacca89
    Senator of the X-Wing Fanclub: Katana_Sundancer
    Senator of the New Sith Order: Teegirloo
    Senator of the Blue Moon Cantina: Skywalker_T-65
    Senator of the NJO/LotF fanclub: Adalia-Durron
    Senator of the Wes Janson fanclub: Admiral Volshe
    Senator of the New User Social: s65horsey
    Senator of the Mandalorian fanclub: Robimus
    Senator of the Calista fanclub: jedi2187leia
    Senator of the Wedge Antilles fan club: Runjedirun

If I have missed any Senator please notify me.

[​IMG]

Admiral Volshe and Runjedirun like this.
  10. s65horsey

s65horsey Otter-loving Former EUC Mod star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 24, 2006
    As still the current Chancellor I actually am going to call a time out on this election for a minute. No no. I'm not taking over :p

I have been around the EUC for a long time as many of you know and been involved in the Senate for just as long. As much as we're a fun group of people who do things, the Senate is actually a democratic body that has a constitution. That constitution states that there must be a Chancellor and Vice Chancellor. This means that Rebecca and Swan cannot run as they are intending to run. They need to declare someone as Chancellor and someone as Vice Chancellor. I apologize for not bringing this up sooner (my family is still in town) and I seriously thought they were joking about the co-chancellor thing when it was first announced because neither of them are new to the Senate as well and I'm pretty sure they know the rules.

So unless they intend to forfeit, they have to decide and declare which is Chancellor and Vice Chancellor. I know this might seem a kind of semantics thing but it is against the rules that we have decided upon as a Senate body. If they'd like to change that then it needs to be done properly by being brought up as a discussion and then voted upon by the Senators but for this election we have to abide by the rules that are laid out before us.

11. Hando

Hando Jedi Knight star 2

Jul 7, 2013
    "Vote now, Vote now, Vote now . . . "

"Booooooo":p

;)

12. Bardan_Jusik

Dec 14, 2009
    This is a valid issue and I am glad someone finally pointed it out. Thus far I have received no votes in this election. I will still be taking votes, if the issue is resolved before next Monday then we have no problem. If it is not resolved by then, any ballots cast for Becca and Swan (or is it Swan and Becca?) will be thrown out.

[​IMG]

13. BultarSwan

Jul 5, 2003
    Noted. We are in conversation now and this will be resolved. :)

Hando and Runjedirun like this.
  14. Robimus

Robimus Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jul 6, 2007
    I've been away of late, just recently returned to the regular swing of things and do have a question for the candidates, and it isn't a softball :p:

BultarSwan, Rebecca_Daniels, zarkinfrood, CrazyOldHermit,

Both camps, via Rebecca & zarkinfrood have mentioned the success that is the EUS Sponsored "Get To Know An EU Character". I want to know if any of the four people running for office submitted a character to s65horsey to be discussed? I'd also like to know if those running pitched the idea of picking a character to be discussed to the clubs that they take part in?

Earlier this year the EUC ran another event called the "EUC Character of the Year Awards" - it was an event which specifically encouraged interaction with the other forums on TF.N. It attracted users from Lit and the TV forum to the EUC. Did any of the candidates take part in that event?

15. zark

zark Jedi Master star 4

Feb 23, 2009
    As for the first question, I personally did not submit a character to the "Get To Know An EU Character" thread, and have only participated somewhat in conversation in that thread, unfortunately.

As for the Second question, at the time that that was going on I believe I was deeply embroiled in the preparation for my last set of final exams, and/or in the midst of graduation. So I'm very sorry to say that if I recall correctly, I missed out entirely on the latter. :(

My running mate has actually quite recently returned from a somewhat lengthy hiatus away from the boards, so if he'll forgive me for speaking for him, I do not believe that he participated in these either.

Thank you for the question Robimus, and I'm sorry that I am unable to say that I participated to a greater extent.

Robimus likes this.
  16. Rebecca_Daniels

Rebecca_Daniels Force Ghost star 5

Sep 3, 2006
    I haven't participated in either, the Character of the Year in particular because I'd only read one new EU book last year and didn't think that was enough to contribute.

I did, however, participate in the spring fling, the ongoing EUC awards, and cheerlead on the EU art competition. :p And I participated in/ran my own game... which we can run again if anyone wants to be the EUC's next bachelor/ette :p

Robimus and Runjedirun like this.
  17. Rebecca_Daniels

Sep 3, 2006
    Double-post for a proper announcement: BultarSwan will be running for Chancellor and I'll be her VC

18. Bardan_Jusik

Dec 14, 2009
    Excellent, glad that is settled then. I will edit the initial announcement. ;)

[​IMG]

BultarSwan likes this.
  19. BultarSwan

Jul 5, 2003
    Thank-you for announcing Becca. [:D]

As for @Robimus' questions.

I did not submit a character but I did pitch it to the thread I was Senator of, which is the Guardians of Light Jedi Fan Club.
    The 'EUC Character of the Year Awards' thread is something I did not participate in as I haven't read many of the books and if I had I wouldn't have remembered much anyways without lengthy notes.

Robimus likes this.
  20. Rebecca_Daniels

Sep 3, 2006
    Perhaps we can use the get to know a character thread to help the general EUCer, who may not have read that year's new material, to get to know that year's new characters so we can get more participation in the CotY awards. Just a thought, regardless of the election winners.

zarkinfrood, Robimus and Runjedirun like this.
  21. Robimus

Jul 6, 2007
    Thank you for your answers.

I'd just like to point out that the EUC Character of the Year Awards wasn't based only upon written material. Everything EU was available to be voted upon, books, comics, video games, TV series and even new toys that were released in the 2012 calender year.

General Immodet likes this.
  22. BultarSwan

Jul 5, 2003
    I realized. But I don't collect, read comics, play video games... I didn't feel it made sense to join in when I just don't have the information base.

23. CrazyOldHermit

CrazyOldHermit Jedi Master star 4

Aug 22, 2007

Zarks is correct. I did recently return from a lengthy hiatus. No, I did not participate in these events, as of yet. In fact, I did not even know about the EUC Character of the Year Awards, but I like it.

zarkinfrood and Robimus like this.
  24. Robimus

Jul 6, 2007
    Just want to make sure everyone is on the same page;)

A follow up question for everyone.

s65horsey has been a tremendous host in the "Get To Know An EU Character" topic, and took that on as a part of her role as Chancellor. Her efforts have involved not only those visiible in the thread but a significant amount of behind the scenes work. My hope would be that she would continue on as the host for the thread, but if for some reason she could not would you be willing, and have the time, to step into her current role to keep that event going?

Thats it for my questions :p

Bardan_Jusik likes this.
  25. BultarSwan

Jul 5, 2003
    Absolutely. I'm good at leading, a part of which is triage and delegating (sorry for my poor word choice, it's late and I'm tired). :)

Robimus likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.