main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Senate The Expanded Universe Senate

Discussion in 'EU Community' started by Sinrebirth , Sep 1, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. General Valerian

General Valerian Jedi Knight star 4

Mar 6, 2013
    Checking in.

Runjedirun likes this.
  2. General Immodet

General Immodet Jedi Master star 5

Dec 5, 2012
    General Immodet reporting in!
    How can I be of service?

Runjedirun likes this.
  3. Runjedirun

Runjedirun Force Ghost star 6

Sep 3, 2012
    At this time no one has been nominated to run against me and CrazyOldHermit for a second term.

Therefore I have three propositions:

Please nominate someone!

Agree to allow us to continue to serve.

Or if there is no interest in keeping a Chancellor/Vice Chancellor Senate at this time we could temporarily go without such things until someone feels they are necessary again.

If you have thoughts please speak up!

CrazyOldHermit likes this.
  4. Bardan_Jusik

Bardan_Jusik Former Manager star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 14, 2009
    Emergency powers!

[​IMG]

5. Admiral Volshe

Admiral Volshe Chosen One star 10

Sep 2, 2012
    Volshe checking in. I was wifi less when I was tagged, so I apologise for the late response.

Runjedirun likes this.
  6. Sinrebirth

Sinrebirth Mod-Emperor of the EUC, Lit, RPF and SWC star 10 Staff Member Manager

Nov 15, 2004
    If we *do* decide to leave the Senate aside, bugsy that I get to be the one who does it.

Always wanted to disband the Senate.

*readies his bucket list to tick off*

Though my preference is for democracy to win through, let's be honest we've all taken a huge kick to the teeth because of Legends.

I'm all ears for suggestions on how to save the Forum, shy of a Reboot here too..,

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thuro and Runjedirun like this.
  7. Runjedirun

Sep 3, 2012
    There's actually been a fair amount of activity on the forum. We just need more people to step up and take senate seats, be active in suggesting new ideas for games or activities and such.

8. General Immodet

General Immodet Jedi Master star 5

Dec 5, 2012
    I agree. There has been a fair amount of activity.
    Still, not all active threads are fanclubs. So, maybe the rules of the senate are a bit outdated.

9. CrazyOldHermit

CrazyOldHermit Jedi Master star 4

Aug 22, 2007
    I guess this is a good a time as any to ask a question that has been on my mind. If it is out of order, my apologies. Maybe it's already been answered and I don't know it.

Are we going to just absorb, for lack of a better word, but yet keep separate, the new universe in to the one we all know?

Is there a way to integrate it into the EUC and just continue on?

Or are we going to have to do some restructuring?

I'm all for doing whatever we have to do to make the EUC stronger.

10. Sinrebirth

Sinrebirth Mod-Emperor of the EUC, Lit, RPF and SWC star 10 Staff Member Manager

Nov 15, 2004
    Well, what are your thoughts on it as a group. The existence of the Senate is tied into our identity as a forum, in the face of, let us be honest, an attempt to destroy it.

I feel that we need to tune into the new continuity relatively quickly, with that in mind, as it is inevitable we will deteriorate without it.

11. Runjedirun

Sep 3, 2012

I want to keep the senate. However at this time no one's even nominating someone to run against me. And we have very few senators.

I thought what we did six months ago was try to update the constitution so other threads could be represented. We at very least decided GM's could be senators, but none of the game thread's came forward with a representative.

I think we should integrate with fans of the new novels that go along with the new timeline. Someday when my life is less busy I'd like to read them.

12. Rebecca_Daniels

Rebecca_Daniels Force Ghost star 5

Sep 3, 2006
    I'm pretty sure we've had terms before where someone won Chancellorship with no other nominations. I'd say let them go for a second term.

What's the new EU being called? Is it just EU since there's now a Legends label for the old stuff? Wouldn't it be simple(ish) to add new thread tags for the forum so it's clear what's Legends and what's new EU? I know it doesn't fit with our current thread tags which are based on thread type but it's a thought I had, particularly for fan clubs since most do have fan club in the title already. It might help more a bit later down the line rather than right now, once new EU books get going and there is a demand for new EU fan clubs or the like, so they're clearly separate from any Legends versions. Just a thought towards integration.

Sent from my X-wing via R2-J6

13. Sinrebirth

Nov 15, 2004
    Story Group, as I gather.

14. CrazyOldHermit

Aug 22, 2007
    I'm for integration as well. I plan on diving into the new EU stuff as soon as I can. Still have about twenty or so Legends left to read, six of those being FotJ. Plan on getting to all those as well, as many as I can before too many of the new ones come out.

We probably do need a way to organize the threads so new members who have not read many of Legends don't get confused. We may have a decent influx of new members once the new EU gets rolling, especially after the movies start.Youngsters just getting started with the EU and not knowing where to go. Us Oldsters could make it much easier by organizing this somehow.

I also say keep the Senate. I'll hang in for another term if all are okay with that. That's certainly not my decision to make. Someone may nominate someone yet anyway.

Rebecca_Daniels and Runjedirun like this.
  15. Sinrebirth

Nov 15, 2004
    So are we in some kind of consensus that Legends only threads be tagged as such?

I expect the Jedi and Sith orders will not want that tag, but some of the other threads can only be that.

We may as well keep the name of the forum but update be description to include Legends and Story Group...

... Thoughts? Bardan?

16. Bardan_Jusik

Dec 14, 2009
    I've been watching closely and wanted to let everyone have their say before I weighed in...

Yeah the description needs to be changed to make it clear that the EUC is the place for both Legends and Story Group (is that really the name they are going by?).

Also in agreement that new TAGS need to be generated to differentiate between the two. Whether that means going back and retagging old fanclubs as "Legends" or "Legends fanclub" or whatever name the actual TAGs take is still a question. Once that is decided though it should be a straightforward process for me to actually accomplish.

Like you said some fanclubs will have to be Legends (NJO/LotF and the like) Jedi and Sith fanclubs can probably stay as is, though by their very nature there will be Legends stuff discussed there as well. The Republic Commando/Mandalorian fanclub could go either way, as it also is for fans of both the RC series and Mandalorian discussion in general. Other clubs we may need to look at on a case by case basis. I don't want to exclude Legends discussions from current fanclubs that may wish to try to integrate the two "realities" as best they can. Especially since I don't want to "split" the community. I want this to stay as a community where the opinions/fandoms of all are respected and celebrated.

[​IMG]

Falcon and CrazyOldHermit like this.
  17. Runjedirun

Sep 3, 2012
    First of all I want to say that I am honored and humbled to have been voted Chancellor of the EUC. I have always enjoyed my time in this community and it was a pleasure to service everyone here. A lot has changed since I took the reigns here and to be blunt I just don't feel like I'm making the difference I wanted to make. Also I've just gotten busier in RL. CrazyOldHermit and I would like to hand the reigns to the next Chancellor and Vice Chancellor. If you know someone who would make a good candidate please nominate them.

The interview I am conducting in the interview thread this week will be my last. If anyone wants to take over that thread I encourage you to PM a mod or post here I am sure you will be welcome to keep the thread alive as it has been very enjoyable and popular.

I am not going anywhere, I know I am here less than I used to be, but it's just a busy time in my life. Hope to see you all around and again thanks so much for letting me serve.

Sinrebirth likes this.
  18. CrazyOldHermit

Aug 22, 2007
    I want to thank everyone as well for letting me be the Vice Chancellor for two consecutive terms. It has been fun. I feel I have not been as involved as needed and it only makes sense to make way for the next candidates. I will be here to help any way I can as there will be some transitions ahead as we all know. Thanks again.

Sinrebirth likes this.
  19. BultarSwan

BultarSwan Founder: Grand Rapids, MI FF star 10

Jul 5, 2003
    I would like to ask the Senate why we have such a strict no-sock rule?

20. Sinrebirth

Nov 15, 2004
    In the Senate? Or outside?

General Immodet and Bardan_Jusik like this.
  21. BultarSwan

Jul 5, 2003
  22. Sinrebirth

Nov 15, 2004
    Which is not the province of the Senate, which means you have a concern with something specific which should probably be raised by PM.

PM the EUC moderators as applicable.

ma_petite and Bardan_Jusik like this.
  23. BultarSwan

Jul 5, 2003
    Gottcha. Thanks :)

24. Bardan_Jusik

Dec 14, 2009
    Closed due to impending coup d'état.

[​IMG]

25. Sinrebirth

Nov 15, 2004
    Woohoo!

adve and Bardan_Jusik like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.