main
side
curve
  1. Welcome, Guest

Upcoming events:

Star Wars: Andor - Disney + - 21st September

2. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

FF:SA The Expanded Universe Thread- Warning ! Spoilers

Discussion in 'Oceania Discussion Boards' started by _Master-Skywalker_, Mar 22, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. _Master-Skywalker_

_Master-Skywalker_ Jedi Knight star 5

Apr 30, 2005
    O.K here's a thread you can talk about your favourite EU characters & events...O.K, form a line for the Kyp fan club behind Addie *lol*[face_laugh]

You can drool over Durga ( if your that way inclined ;) )

you can stick a thermal detonator down the shirt of Callista

or talk about how whiny Luke was & how now he's nearly 60 he is slightly less whiny *lol*

I'll kick this baby off...what the Hell is with Jacen Solo in the "Unseen Queen"?

Since he's been a baby he's been an absolute sooky wuss..even worse than his Uncle I'd say...now he's using the Force to choke Ben Skywalker & turn Tenal Ka's grand Ma to a vegetable...what the ...?

When did he grow a pair ?? :eek:

As I said, this thread is about the EU. Feel free to discuss anything you want about the EU & what do you think George would say about some of the novels ( he clearly hasn't read Planet of Twilight & Star by Star )

Just, if you leave a puddle drooling over Kyp, please use the mop & bucket over in the corner to clean up after yourself ! *lol*

2. Quinten_JarVos

Quinten_JarVos Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 18, 2004
    having read this book, and being rather interested in that particular part. Considering he pre-empted the attack on the Chriss and went into the mind of that *cough* woman.

I would say as soon as he learnt the truth, maybe being a father does that.. you wisen up, or at least think you do.

3. _Master-Skywalker_

Apr 30, 2005
    [face_laugh] That's what Addie said the other night...but what the...??:eek: he found out he was a Dad 5 minutes before he went all postal in her brain

4. Quinten_JarVos

Aug 18, 2004
    I can see it happening,

Much like Anakin going mental when he caused mace to die, people do things when under stress that they wouldn't normally do.

As for the Chriss, the tactic worked... I like the Bothan's assessment at the end of the book, as for the book itself, I was more laughing at leia and her being a padwan than anything

5. _Master-Skywalker_

Apr 30, 2005
    I've only read 100 pages of it so far..so far, it's much better than the joiner king & yes Leia the Padawan= very funny [face_laugh]

6. Quinten_JarVos

Aug 18, 2004
    hehe don't read if you've not reached this point yet,

But Her 'Master' wanting to hit her in the back of the head with her own lightsaber is soooo funny :p

7. _Master-Skywalker_

Apr 30, 2005
    her Master who she refers to as Saba rather than " Master" [face_laugh]

8. Quinten_JarVos

Aug 18, 2004
    hehe... yeah, the whole thing just smacks of leia... lol

9. _Master-Skywalker_

Apr 30, 2005
    yup it does.....hey, I like the way the Jedi are using the Force these days... neither light nor dark, it's what you are using it for that counts.. IE: Force lightning is o.k if it's used to get a good thing done.

I wonder what George thinks of the concept though :confused:

10. MarcusP2

MarcusP2 Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 10, 2004
    Chiss. Not Chriss :p

I don't like Jacen. At all. Though I get the feeling he's in for some trouble in Legacy.

Anyone read the Republic Commando books?

11. Quinten_JarVos

Aug 18, 2004
    Yeah i was wierd about that,

Force Lightning to me was always using the most negative aspects of the force.

Regardless of your intention it would be corrupted.

Take Revan, Vader, Kun just to name a few. They all played around with the darkside for the greater good. They all fell to the darkside.

I don't like that idea, I think GL needs to put a stop to it.

I know in D20 RPG, if you use a darkside power you get a darkside point. To get rid of that darkside point you need to make a seperate sacrafice of some description

12. _Master-Skywalker_

Apr 30, 2005
    so what you're saying is that Jacen will fall to the Dark side then ?

BTW- I have not liked Jacen at all til this novel, he's been all to wussy, but since he's grown a pair I like the charcter better.

I thought they should've killed him rather than Anakin Solo

13. MarcusP2

Jul 10, 2004
    You'd get on well in the Literature forum :) I think he already has, personally.

There has been a lot of fan uproar on these boards about the 'do whatever you like' methods adopted by the NJO. I wouldn't be surprised if there was readjustment in Legacy.

14. Quinten_JarVos

Aug 18, 2004
    I don't think Jacen will... I just don't like the idea that you can use darkside powers for the purpose of good.

Thou I am a believer that if your too light then you miss the point, and if your too dark then you dont get it either.

There has to be balance.

Jacen walks a fine line, but prehaps the same line i think is right.

Luke Rejects his opinions on the Dark side, Mara injures him (I wont spoil it)

I think he is always going to be unsettled and at odds with the Jedi Council, but it remains to be seen if he can stand up and not go down the path of Anakin

15. Quinten_JarVos

Aug 18, 2004
    You also have to remember, Jacen is 30ish now and a Master to ben who well.... lol no more needs to be said

16. _Master-Skywalker_

Apr 30, 2005
    injures Luke ?? Interesting.....can't wait to read about that. They aren't having maritial trouble are they ?

& as for Ben...OMG..don't get me started there....if Luke was whiny...my God Ben re wrote the book on it !

17. Quinten_JarVos

Aug 18, 2004
    hehe i wont say anything more on Ben,

All I am worried about in the newest book is the fact that the Solo's and The Skywalkers are being torn apart because the Galactic Alliance decides to attack Corellia in a show of Military Might.

Jacen goes off to find out who... and i know who he finds :p it's a surprise.

18. Adalia-Durron

Adalia-Durron WNU/Costume/Props/EUC Mod. star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jun 3, 2003
    OOOHHH!! EU!!!!

dances around singing

KYP KYP KYP KYP KYP KYP KYP KYP KYP [face_love] [face_love] [face_love] [face_love]

There my take on the EU.... :D

19. GoddessJainaSoloFel

GoddessJainaSoloFel Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 18, 2004
    I've read all three of the Dark Nest books and the Republic Commando books as well.

I have to say I'm not crazy about the DN series. I'm not a bug girl...I could really relate to Han in this series.

The three things I liked most were...

1. The controversy of Jacen (with child and his actions with Ta'a Chume),

and two lines in particular from Swarm War....

2. "Do what you have to kid. I always liked Kyp Durron better anyway." Han Solo to Jag Fel p. 215

3. "You think I care whose antennae you rub?" Jag Fel to Jaina p. 287

The Republic Commando books were a great read. They looked at things from the troopers POV which is rare in the SW galaxy. We always are told the tales from the Jedi and politicians POV so this was a breath of fresh air. I enjoyed the characters. I'm hoping for a third novel because should they cover the period where order 66 is enforced, there is an interesting subplot i'd like to see covered. A couple of characters will have a conflict of interests but I don't want to spoil things for anyone. (I don't think Triple Zero has been released in Australia yet).

Now I'm patiently awaiting the Legacy of the Force novels, due out first Betrayal end of May here :) Then Bloodlines and Tempest to follow each three months later :)

20. Quinten_JarVos

Aug 18, 2004
    I got Betrayal the other day (thank You annomonious PDF File)

21. GoddessJainaSoloFel

GoddessJainaSoloFel Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 18, 2004
    :eek:

22. _Master-Skywalker_

Apr 30, 2005
    I agree, not really into the whole " bug" thing, the joiner king was painful, the second book better & hopefully the third better still.

23. Quinten_JarVos

Aug 18, 2004
    Thirds not bad, Leia gets a measure of closure on a Twi
    They stop the conflict, life is happy again :p

24. MarcusP2

Jul 10, 2004
    (I don't think Triple Zero has been released in Australia yet).

I bought it last week. RC:HC was much better IMHO.

Thrawn Trilogy still my favourite though.

25. _Master-Skywalker_

Apr 30, 2005
    Could someone please who've read the current series (Killik's )tell me wether Luke gets his lightsaber back ?? :eek:

He lost it in "Unseen Queen" & I've just started "Swarm war" & I want to know if he gets the original saber he built in Ben's hut pre ROTJ back ?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.