main
side
curve
  1. Welcome, Guest

Upcoming events:

Star Wars: Andor - Disney + - 21st September

2. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

FF:SA The Expanded Universe Thread- Warning ! Spoilers

Discussion in 'Oceania Discussion Boards' started by _Master-Skywalker_, Mar 22, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. _Master-Skywalker_

_Master-Skywalker_ Jedi Knight star 5

Apr 30, 2005
    If I had to, I like MS1

[face_laugh]

2. Cho-Junn

Cho-Junn Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 13, 2008
    Finally finished my stockpile of Star Wars novels I've had all year. Phew!

Just finished Republic Commando: True Colours.
    (Excellent series!!!)

Makes you realize how badly the clones were being treated
    (or not, in this case) by their own government.
    Food for thought.

3. _Master-Skywalker_

Apr 30, 2005
    you out of SW novels now ?

4. Cho-Junn

Mar 13, 2008
    For the time being.

5. _Darth-Revan_

_Darth-Revan_ Jedi Youngling star 1

Aug 18, 2008
  6. _Master-Skywalker_

Apr 30, 2005
    can probably fix that...[face_whistling]

7. _Master-Skywalker_

Apr 30, 2005
    news on SW novels then & now:

Del Rey and LucasBooks Announce Extension of Star Wars Publishing Contract and New Multi-Book Series.

Maintaining a relationship that began more than 30 years ago, LucasBooks and Del Rey are slated to publish another 45 Star Wars titles from 2009 through the end of 2013. The titles will include 35 novels and 10 nonfiction books.

Since 1976, when Judy-Lynn del Rey took a chance on an unknown movie called Star Wars and published the tie-in novel to unprecedented bestsellerdom, Del Rey Books has published a wide range of Star Wars titles, including movie and video game tie-in novels; original series and stand-alone novels; as well as character guides and non-fiction film books. Every hardcover Star Wars novel from Del Rey/LucasBooks has been an instant New York Times bestseller, and 2008 saw Star Wars in the #1 spot twice on the New York Times list with Revelation, the eighth book in the recent Star Wars: Legacy of the Force series, and with Star Wars: The Force Unleashed, the tie-in to the upcoming video game from LucasArts. In 2007 alone, the total number of Star Wars books printed under the Del Rey/LucasBooks imprint was over 1.5 million copies.

"Our relationship with Lucasfilm is treasured," said Gina Centrello, President and Publisher of the Random House Publishing Group. "We are extremely proud of our Star Wars publishing program, which is the cornerstone of the Del Rey list."

Howard Roffman, President of Lucas Licensing, said "The legacy of Star Wars publishing began with Del Rey. "For more than 30 years they have been a superb partner with an unflinching commitment to keep Star Wars fans informed, entertained and enthralled."

Among the titles launching in 2009 are the first three in a new Star Wars multi-book, multi-author story arc following directly in the footsteps of the Legacy of the Force series. The nine-book, three-author series, Star Wars: Fate of the Jedi, will break new ground by being the first multi-book Star Wars series to be published all in hardcover. The series, which will be published over the space of three years, will launch in April 2009 with Outcast, by Aaron Allston; the other two authors planning and penning the nine novels will be Christie Golden and Troy Denning. Also to come is The Making of The Empire Strikes Back, to be released in 2010 in conjunction with the 30th anniversary of that film, along with a continuation of the hugely successful series of Star Wars Essential Guides.

not going to enjoy this new series, it's going to be the rise of the Sith leading into the Legacy comics :(

oh well, 'spose the Sith have to have a go at ruling the galaxy for a bit before the Jedi kick their butt...again:p

8. Cho-Junn

Mar 13, 2008
    What no Mandos! :eek: :oops: [face_frustrated]

9. _Master-Skywalker_

Apr 30, 2005
    yeah, that's.....terrible :p

10. Cho-Junn

Mar 13, 2008
    Just picked up the novelized version of "The Clone Wars" tonight! [face_dancing]

11. _Master-Skywalker_

Apr 30, 2005
    cool, I haven't had new SW to read for a while now, kinda a relief to have a break actually *lol* have read many many novels now.

12. Cho-Junn

Mar 13, 2008
    Ahhh, so that's how they kidnapped Stinky... [face_thinking] Opps, I mean Rotta...

13. MarcusP2

MarcusP2 Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 10, 2004
    Just wait till Traviss writes her inevitable book. :p

Also 9 books in hardcover? Rip.

14. Cho-Junn

Mar 13, 2008
    Just finished 'The Clone Wars' [face_dancing]

It's not just 'word for word' of what you see on the screen, it's also some of the 'behind the scenes' stuff you don't see.

15. Sabre_11

Sabre_11 Jedi Knight star 5

Jun 1, 2005
    Anyone wanna talk about The Force Unleashed? You've finished reading it havent you MS?

16. evil-incarnate

evil-incarnate Jedi Youngling star 7

Jun 30, 2004
    What do you want to discuss about it?

Thought the book read just like a game.
    Every chapter - a new level.

17. _Master-Skywalker_

Apr 30, 2005
    I would love to talk about the book, I haven't seen the game though, I don't know how it compares to the novel. It was a good story, but evil's right, it did read a bit like a game..or that could be because I knew it was a game *lol*

18. Sabre_11

Jun 1, 2005
    Wanted to discuss what people thought of the end. Which may or may not have been the final chapter in the book.

19. _Master-Skywalker_

Apr 30, 2005
    I'd love to know what happened in the end of the game, can you post it here highlight to read & we can compare ? :)

20. Cho-Junn

Mar 13, 2008
    Talk about the end, geez :rolleyes: I haven't even had a change to start it let alone talk about it.

Give us older ones ago... :p [face_laugh]

21. Sabre_11

Jun 1, 2005
    Well, basically you reach the Emperors throne room, beat the CRAP outta Vader (which I was kinda skeptical about. I mean, its Vader) And then Palps attacks Kota, so you end up in a massive fight with Palps, And when you're about to finish him off, Kota tells you not to (see: 'anger leads to darkside' argument) and Palps pulls the UNLIMITED POWAAAAHHHH trick, Bail, Kota and the gang run for the Rogue Shadow, and the Apprentice sacrifices himself so they can escape. Screenwipe to Kashyyyk, the formation of the Rebel Alliance, and the need for a symbol of hope. Conveniently carved into the table because its the Apprentice's family crest.

22. _Master-Skywalker_

Apr 30, 2005
    that's just how the novel was too :)

I'm reading currently reading Millenium Falcon.... not really feeling it at the moment :(

23. evil-incarnate

Jun 30, 2004
    I've read Millenium Falcon, let me know when you've finished it.

24. _Master-Skywalker_

Apr 30, 2005
    you have ? Or got the audio book ?o_O

25. evil-incarnate

Jun 30, 2004
    Actually read the novel.

Don't have the audio book..... yet.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.