main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Saga The Experiment - AU/ ESB - Han, w/Vader, Luke, Leia, etc. -COMPLETED 7/9/04

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by Smelly_ole_Sock, Jun 12, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Smelly_ole_Sock

Smelly_ole_Sock Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 12, 2004
    The Experiment - AU ESB - OT Characters, centered on Han

Chapter 1

Princess Leia Organa watched as her shuttle tore away from Hoth. A small smile played across her face as the Millennium Falcon caught up to the Rebel shuttle, then pealed away to avoid the incoming laser fire from the Imperial Star Destroyer. It pleased her to think that Han had cared enough to come to the Command Center and see her safely to the shuttle. Her thoughts drifted to Luke. I'll see them both again. I know I will.

As Leia's shuttle safely made the leap to hyperspace, she never saw the Millennium Falcon shudder and spark as a lucky shot caught the side of the small freighter. She never saw Solo's ship drawn toward the vast hanger of the Destroyer, so reminiscent of the time it had been drawn, against the pilot's will, toward the Death Star over the remains of Alderaan.

"We can't let them take us," Han whispered to his shaggy friend, trying not to let his fear show as the hanger grew larger and nearer. "We need to use the Falcon's weapons. Blast the hanger apart. Maybe the tractor beam will let us go if we do enough damage." Even as he said those words, Han knew the possibility of any type of escape, except through death, was highly unlikely.

*Our shields have been badly damaged,* Chewie woofed back. *Any explosions will probably destroy the Falcon.*

"They way I see it, we're dead anyway," Han answered, his face tight. "We can do it the fast way, or let Vader and friends do it their way - slow and painful."

*We will do it your way, cub.* Chewie looked over at his long-time friend. *It has been a pleasure to know you, Han.*

Han's voice failed him and he could only nod. Thinking one final time about the dark-haired Princess that he'd never had a chance to get truly close to, Solo aimed his powerful weapons at the approaching hanger and fired.

Luke stared in horror out of the viewport of the X-Wing as the Falcon was pulled ever closer to the Destroyer. I promised Ben I'd go to Dagobah.... but if I do, then no one will know that Han was captured... The untrained Jedi felt torn in two. Thinking about how he had come so close to death on the lonely ice fields of Hoth only to be rescued by Solo, made up his mind. I'll go to Dagobah... later.

The young man started to change course to head to the rebel rendezveous point when a large explosion lit up the Star Destroyer's hanger. Grief gripped Luke as he realized his friend - the man he'd come to think of as a brother, was dead.

----------------------

2. Ana_Labris

Ana_Labris Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 31, 2000
    Interesting start, wonder what your spin on the story will be :)

3. kayladie97

kayladie97 Jedi Master star 4

Jun 6, 2003
    [face_thinking] Hmmm, story line sounds very similar to the one being discussed at the end of GreatOne's Seperate Lives...

[face_thinking] Hmmm, author is Smelly_ole_Sock??

First off, I want to say, this is not me! :p (But if I was going to continue our little "war", MarySue, this would have been a good way! ;)

:eek: MarySue, is this YOU!?

I hope this is not all! I don't REALLY want Han to die...I just let MarySue think that... [face_devil]

4. Smelly_ole_Sock

Jun 12, 2004
    Ana_Labris - wonder what your spin on the story will be - I hope it is both bizarre and interesting.... I will post a chapter everyday! :)

kayladie97 - Hmmm, author is Smelly_ole_Sock?? - ROTFL!!! [face_laugh] [face_laugh] First off, I want to say, this is not me! - It's not?!? Then who is it?? :eek: - MarySue, is this YOU!? - [face_shhh] - I don't REALLY want Han to die... - Me, either!! ;)

5. Tatiana

Tatiana Jedi Youngling

Oct 17, 2002
    Interesting. Please, continue.

6. HanSolo29

HanSolo29 RPF/SWC/Fan Art Manager & Bill Pullman Connoisseur star 7 Staff Member Manager

Apr 13, 2001
    Hmm...I must agree - the storyline does seem very familiar. ;)

Anyway, moving along to the post -- how could you?! How could you kill off Han?! Argh! He better not be dead...

7. Smelly_ole_Sock

Jun 12, 2004
    Tatiana - Thanks! :D

HanSolo29 - Familiar??? O:) - Han's not dead.... but he's got some big problems! :eek:

8. Smelly_ole_Sock

Jun 12, 2004
    Chapter 2

2 weeks later

Pain. Parched throat. Forcing his eyes open, Solo squinted up into bright lights, trying to remember what had happened, and where he was.

"You did a great deal of damage to my Destroyer's hanger, Solo," a mechanical voice hissed. "Too bad the only thing you really destroyed was your own ship."

"Chew....Chewie? Where's Chewie?" Han whispered past his raw lungs.

"Your Wookiee did not survive." Vader waited a moment for his words to sink into the stunned Corellian's foggy awareness. "You can consider yourself fortunate my son was not on your ship when you took those reckless actions."

Son? Chewie's dead? It felt like Han was in some surreal nightmare. Maybe if he blinked his eyes he'd wake up. It didn't work.

Vader continued speaking. "You have been in bacta for several weeks. Your rebel friends undoubtedly think you are dead."

"I'd be better off dead," Han said hoarsely, shutting his eyes.

"True, but I have plans for you, Solo. Very big plans."

Leia dropped a yellow and white flower into a quiet lake at sunset, watching as it drifted from the shore. "He was a good friend," Wedge said from behind her, putting his hand on her shoulder as they watched the current carry the flower away. The Princess looked over at the Corellian, then looked past him at the small crowd that had gathered for Han and Chewie's memorial service at the latest rebel base.

Luke stood along side General Rieekan with several X-Wing pilots. Seeing the Princess looking in his direction, Luke walked over. "Leia. Wedge," Skywalker said quietly. "I was just telling the General I really need to head to Dagobah."

"I don't want to lose you, too," Leia said, thinking about Solo. Han. How can I miss you so much? All we did was argue. I never had the chance to tell you...

"You won't lose me," Luke reassured her. "I'll be back before you know it." He looked at Antilles. "Take care of her, Wedge."

Antilles stepped forward and grasped Luke's outstretched hand. "And you take care of yourself, Luke."

Wedge put his arm around the Princess's waist, watching as Luke headed toward his X-Wing.

Coruscant, two months later.

Han thought it was only a matter of time before he lost his mind. This latest session with Vader had left both his legs broken, so he lay flat on his back on the cold durasteel floor, unable to pull his battered body up on the hard cot.

Each torture session had ended only when Solo lost consciousness, and the torture experts unable to awaken him. Only then was he given cursory medical treatment and allowed to recover until the next time. There was always a next time. Vader made very certain his experts did not kill the smuggler. Although any useful information had been pulled from his mind long ago, the terrible sessions continued unabated.

The door slid open and the Dark Lord stepped inside, followed two Stormtroopers and a medic-droid carrying a tray. "Repair his legs," Vader ordered the droid.

The silver droid ran a scanner over the silent prisoner's lower legs. "The breaks are severe enough to require surgery. Bone knitters are insufficient."

"It is irrelevant if he walks with a limp," Vader replied, annoyed at the droid. "Surgery is an unnecessary luxury."

"Why do you care if I can walk at all?" Han croaked out through swollen lips.

"I do not wish you to lose consciousness before the sessions even begin," Vader said evenly. "It would defeat the purpose."

"Purpose? What purpose?" Han said, sneering at the Sith. "You and the Emperor are two of a kind, aren't you? You Imp's just live to cause death and pain."

"Your suffering serves my purpose." With those words, the Sith turned to the droid. "Do not give him meds for pain. Let him enjoy the bone knitters to their fullest." Vader left the room just as the Stormtroopers grabbed Solo's legs, pulling them up and outward to allow the droid access to place the casts on the lower limbs. Solo's screams of agony echoed down the

9. kayladie97

kayladie97 Jedi Master star 4

Jun 6, 2003
    :eek: You killed Chewie!?!?! And now everybody thinks Han is dead, too? :_| :_| Doesn't sound as though there's any Light Side left in Vader in this story either...

Man, whoever you are ;), I guess it's a good thing you decided to post this under a sock. I'm not sure even that will be enough to save you from the wrath of Han-fans everywhere!

[face_thinking] Posting every day...another clue perhaps? :D

10. darkladyhannasolo

darkladyhannasolo Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 25, 2002
    very good story. I can't believe that Chewie is dead again. :( I miss the fur ball already.

Did anyone else get the feeling that maybe Wedge and Leia will hook up? Especially if she thinks that Han is dead.

Poor Han

11. owphoenix

owphoenix Jedi Youngling star 2

Sep 7, 2003
    I'm interested in seeing where this is going.

12. starwarsfan68

starwarsfan68 Jedi Youngling star 3

May 25, 2003
    Please don't kill the wookie!!!! Otherwise the story is great.

13. Ana_Labris

Ana_Labris Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 31, 2000
    Some Han torture you got there.. It's true that if you didn't post from a sock you'd have a lot more hatemail lol..
    Awaiting your next post!!

14. TiaRaye

TiaRaye Jedi Master star 1

Jun 3, 2003
    Tia Raye slaps Wedge's hand off Leia

I'm in!

Is Roguesticks here yet? Probably not, something would have already been blown up.

Posting every day? Hmmmm.

If it IS you, then something really bad must be about to happen, cuz you've nnever been shy about torturing our heroes before.

15. mixza

mixza Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 28, 2004
    Yay!!! Vader torture! [face_devil]

er, um... I mean, poor Han! :(

16. HanSolo29

HanSolo29 RPF/SWC/Fan Art Manager & Bill Pullman Connoisseur star 7 Staff Member Manager

Apr 13, 2001
    No! Chewie can't be dead! :_|

Did anyone else get the feeling that maybe Wedge and Leia will hook up? Especially if she thinks that Han is dead.

You know, I've been thinking the exact same thing, darkladyhannasolo. Just the way he had his hand around her waist and how he was comforting her.

And just a thought about the torture - could Vader be doing this to Han to lure Luke to him? [face_mischief]

Great post, Smelly_ole_Sock - if that is your real name. ;) :p

17. Solo_Fan

Solo_Fan Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 3, 2003
    I know who you really are, Smelly_ole_Sock! We're only through two chapters, and you have already put your man through excrutiating torture. Poor Han! For all the pain he is having to suffer, he deserves some serious TLC from a certain princess sometime during this story. As of right now, I'm along for the ride.

18. kimmi

kimmi Jedi Youngling star 3

Mar 15, 2004
    o_O Hmmm. I'm not sure what I think of this at this point. Poor Han.

Of course, I think this is a GREAT story with GREAT potential. I think that it would be really GREAT to see Han and Leia together again after he gets over his torture and evil spell.
    GREAT to have you here Smelley.

Oh by the way, have you met Roguesticks? Well, I'm sure you will, real soon!!!!HaHa

Have a GREAT day

Kimmi

19. Smelly_ole_Sock

Jun 12, 2004
    kayladie97 - I guess it's a good thing you decided to post this under a sock. I'm not sure even that will be enough to save you from the wrath of Han-fans everywhere! - NO??? :eek: - *uh oh* :p

darkladyhannasolo - Did anyone else get the feeling that maybe Wedge and Leia will hook up? - Hmmmm. Another very good suggestion! ;)

owphoenix - I'm interested in seeing where this is going. - Me too! I'm up to Chapter 12, though. :D

starwarsfan68 - Please don't kill the wookie!!!! - A please? Aww! *sniffs*

Ana_Labris - Some Han torture you got there - And he hasn't even suffered the worst of it yet! :eek: [face_devil] *why do you think I'm hiding under a smelly sock?*

TiaRaye - Is Roguesticks here yet? Probably not, something would have already been blown up. - You're telling ME! I fear the wrath of Sticksy! I do!! [face_chicken] something really bad must be about to happen - Yup. Blame RebelMom ! [face_laugh]

mixza - Yay!!! Vader torture! - Vader is a mean dude! [face_devil] - Palpy is even meaner!

HanSolo29 - And just a thought about the torture - could Vader be doing this to Han to lure Luke to him? - That IS Vader's plan..... but not Palpy's! Can we all say... POOR HAN!?

Solo_Fan - I know who you really are, Smelly_ole_Sock! - [face_blush] - Hey! Notice the walking bomb has failed to arrive! Something in my sock drawer must be keeping her away! :p - Poor Han! For all the pain he is having to suffer, he deserves some serious TLC from a certain princess sometime during this story - Yes, he does. If Wedge doesn't get there first! :eek:

kimmi - I think that it would be really GREAT to see Han and Leia together again after he gets over his torture and evil spell. - But this was right after Hoth, before they confessed their love for each other. *points blame on timeline to Solo_Fan - hehe. Oh by the way, have you met Roguesticks? Well, I'm sure you will, real soon!!!!HaHa - HaHa???? :eek: *must hide better*

20. Smelly_ole_Sock

Jun 12, 2004
    Chapter 3

"He has not come," Palpatine told his kneeling servant. "You said he'd attempt to rescue his friend."

"I will endeavor to increase the smuggler's pain. If it is great enough, surely my son will sense it."

"Perhaps it is time for our next experiment with the Corellian," the Emperor cackled. "Is there a suitable match in Xalac's databanks?"

"Yes, my Master, there is," Vader replied uncertainly. "This will probably prove to be fatal for Solo, and if he does survive..." The Dark Lord trailed off nervously. The Dark Lord did not approve of this plan - it was simply too dangerous, and the danger to the smuggler was not what concerned him.

"It has been two months," Palpatine sniffed in annoyance. "You should have been able to crush his will by now, not just his bones. Your son should have come for his friend by now. We will move on to my plan."

"He is strong. The pain of this... experiment should weaken him to the point that you will be able to take full control of his mind."

"Good," Palpatine nodded. "Very good."

Dagobah

Luke opened his eyes from his long meditation and looked at Master Yoda. "I keep thinking about a friend of mine. I don't understand why everytime I meditate, his face comes to mind. Sometimes I even seem to feel... " Luke hesitated, knowing it didn't make any sense. Han was dead - there was no way he was still suffering. "He must have suffered a great deal when his ship crashed into the Star Destroyer."

"Close, this friend was?"

"He was a good friend, like the brother I never had." Luke thought back fondly of the Corellian and the Wookiee. "He saved my life, more than once."

"Guilt perhaps you feel, that his life you could not save," Yoda said.

"Probably," Luke conceded sadly.

Coruscant

One month later

Strapped down to a gurney, Han was wheeled down the long hallways. Today was different - usually he was put in stuncuffs and dragged by Stormtroopers to his torture. The gurney headed down a different corridor, and the Corellian felt his fear level rising with each passing minute. Despite the fact he was wearing only torn shorts, Solo started sweating in the cool air.

Half a time-part later, the gurney was pushed into a small, well lit room. In the center was another narrow cot with various wires and equipment attached, all the wires led to a large machine with various dials and tubes. Six droids stood around, waiting patiently as the smuggler was roughly transferred to the other cot. Once he was firmly tied, the Stormtroopers left. Long minutes passed. Finally the door opened, admitting Vader and a older man with short gray hair, dressed in a long white coat. Solo had never seen this man before now. Perhaps he was a new "expert", brought by the Sith to inflict even greater pain.

"So this is the subject?" the older man said, addressing the Dark Lord. "Is he strong? He will need to be very strong."

"I have tested his strength for three months now, Dr. Xalac," Vader replied harshly. "He has endured more than most men, and survived - mentally and physically."

Nodding, the doctor turned to his droids. "Attach the tubes, then insert the needles." Again, he addressed Vader. "Are you sure you don't want him sedated? This is a new procedure and the pain levels will be extremely high."

"No, he needs to experience this transformation while he is awake. Be certain to carefully monitor his heart-rate. Palpatine will be displeased if he dies during the procedure."

Han watched in quiet horror as his shorts were removed and catheters inserted into his body. His mouth was forced wide open and a long, thick tube thrust down his thoat and into his lungs; his tongue was clamped and held firmly in place. With his oxygen now being supplied by a machine, it took Han long minutes to adjust to the sensation of suffocation, and the desire to gag lingered at the surface of his mind. The droids began inserting sharp thick needles into his arms and legs. At first, Han thought the needles we

21. TiaRaye

TiaRaye Jedi Master star 1

Jun 3, 2003
    You.....

You....

You.........

YOU ARE SO SICK!!!!!!!!!

That was horrible! Poor, poor Han.

I'M GONNA TELL ON YOU!!!!

but i'm still hooked. I'll go slink away, now.

22. kimmi

kimmi Jedi Youngling star 3

Mar 15, 2004
    EVIL EVIL EVIL

23. rxchiquita

rxchiquita Jedi Youngling star 2

Apr 21, 2003

...an entirely new level of evil...

:eek:

24. RebelMom

RebelMom Jedi Knight star 6

Apr 20, 2000
    Blame me? You're going to blame me? I said Evil Han, not do evil to Han.

No wonder you're hiding in a smelly ole sock. ;)

25. HanSolo29

Apr 13, 2001
    AGH! What are you doing to him?! I don't know whether to hurt you or cry. :p

I shall be watching this closely...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.