main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Saga The Experiment - AU/ ESB - Han, w/Vader, Luke, Leia, etc. -COMPLETED 7/9/04

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by Smelly_ole_Sock, Jun 12, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Smelly_ole_Sock

Smelly_ole_Sock Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 12, 2004
    Sologirl - Perhaps a stun blast is what he needs, and a nice ylmasari in the corner for awhile until he cools down - Too bad they don't know about those Yslamari things yet! But then, those would affect Luke, Leia and Mara too!

TiaRaye - I'm just so depressed - *gives big box of chocolate covered cherries to TiaRaye* :)

Jedi-2B - Don't worry, Han. No one in the Original Trilogy knew what the hell midichlorians were. - Including George Lucas! :D - Anyway, for this AU, I assume Palpatine, Vader and by association Mara knows about them. So now Luke and Leia do, too! But will this help Han!? :eek: Maybe Han'll get a huge headache and pass out. Maybe the others will cut off Han's legs, and he'll have to get prostetics - Poor Han! His legs hurt so much, prostetic legs would probably be a blessing! :_|

kayladie97 - Of course, it is three against one...and the three of them might be an equal to Han's strength...although I worry about what Mara is planning to do. - Three might be enough, then again... :D - And Mara is ALWAYS someone to worry about! :eek: How many more chapters is this going to be? - I'm not saying the exact number, but only a 'few' ... sorta. [face_whistling]

Laura_Anu - Isn't he supposed to bring him back to Vader? Maybe he'll just incapacitate him by chopping off his hand or something... - LOL! Han is SUPPOSED to bring him back to Vader, but he's changed those plans! [face_devil]

HanSolo29 - I have a feeling Palpy's experiment wasn't as successful as he would have liked. - hehe. It doesn't appear to be working exactly like Palpy had planned! :D I think some of Luke will resurface as well. One can only hope anyway... - You can hope! [-o|

2. StarFighter5

StarFighter5 Jedi Master star 4

Jul 25, 2003
    Quiet a cliffhanger you've left us with. Update quickly!

3. rxchiquita

rxchiquita Jedi Youngling star 2

Apr 21, 2003
    'Allo, Smelly!

My, my, my, you have been busy, haven't you? I'm currently on the CrossCountry GranParent Tour 2004 with the yung'uns and we just came back temporarily to 'civilization' (read: "internet access") so I've just gotten caught up on this story. Aie yie yie! DarthHan has been a bad, bad boy, hasn't he? I guess thanks are in order for not killing off Wedge, although I'm disappointed dear MothMonnie might yet pull thru. Glad you've spared Rieekan, so far. I have a theory about DarthHan's headaches...but I won't put it here for fear that I'll jinx things. At least DarthHan acknowledges that he wants Leia...hopefully his other head wasn't brainwashed as completely as the one doing the driving.

p.s. Boy, if DarthHan does come to his senses and/or regain his memory...Palpy and DarthDaddy had better head for the hills!

4. Solo_Fan

Solo_Fan Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 3, 2003
    I know I shouldn't feel this way, but I feel bad for Han. He is outnumbered 3 to 1, and his friends may have to kill him just because he has no idea who he used to be. My feelings are torn.

5. Smelly_ole_Sock

Jun 12, 2004
    StarFighter5 - Quiet a cliffhanger you've left us with- Update coming right up! :D

rxchiquita- DarthHan has been a bad, bad boy, hasn't he? - Yes, he has! [face_devil] I'm disappointed dear MothMonnie might yet pull thru- LOL! Maybe I should have taken votes! :p At least DarthHan acknowledges that he wants Leia.- Wants, not loves.. Poor Leia. :(

Solo_Fan - I know I shouldn't feel this way, but I feel bad for Han.- I'm glad you do! :) If everyone wanted Leia and Luke to kill Han, my story wouldn't have turned out the way I wanted it to. Han went through four months in a horror factory because of Vader and Palpy! Poor Han! :_| - he has no idea who he used to be- He's just following orders. :(

6. Smelly_ole_Sock

Jun 12, 2004
    Chapter 26

Solo attacked with a speed and fury that caught the twins off guard. Mara flicked on her own lightsaber, joining the fray. The Emperor's Hand could tell neither Luke nor Leia wanted to kill Solo, even now that they knew the truth. Their kindness and friendship toward Solo would be their downfall.

Her plan was to kill Solo while he was engaged in fighting both the young Jedi. They would be upset, certainly, but then she could quickly finished off the Princess. Despite everything that had happened, Mara Jade still intended to take Luke Skywalker back to Coruscant and present him to the Emperor. Once Solo was dead, everything would go back to normal. The Emperor would be pleased to learn she had killed the traitorous new Hand. She ignored the persistent little voice in her mind that told her she was making a mistake, that the rebels were good people, and that she might be falling for the young Jedi.

Luke noted that while Han was attacking him, he was only defending himself against Leia, and the Princess was using this to their advantage, stepping in front of Luke at every opportunity, which forced Han to retreat. "Stop this, Han!" Luke yelled over the clashing lightsabers. "We don't want to kill you!"

"I can tell," Han taunted the young man as he stepped back. "You're not even trying very hard."

"What's the matter, Solo?" Mara returned with equal contempt. "Finding out that killing three at the same time is harder than you thought?"

Solo laughed and raised his hand - Force-lightning shot from his fingertips toward the red-head. Mara used her blade to deflect the first bolts, but the lightning started coming faster and harder. Jade tried diving under the cover of the lowered ramp and almost made it. A Force lightning blast caught her in the back, sending her reeling to the ground. Her head struck the side of the ramp and she lost consciousness. Quickly, Luke stepped in front of Mara, using his blue blade to defend the woman.

"She still intends to take you to the Emperor, Luke," Han shouted. "She thinks she can hide her plans from me, but she can't. I can read her intentions .... I can sense everything!"

"It doesn't matter," Luke replied calmly, as he listened to Mara moaning as she struggled to bring herself back to awareness. "I can't let you kill her."

"If you can sense everything, why can't you tell we're not lying to you?" Leia pleaded, fighting to regain her breath. "I love you. Why can't you sense that? Don't you know what love is anymore?"

Han ignored Leia's plea, keeping his attention focused on Luke. "If you liked me so much, why didn't you try and rescue me? You're both liars, just like Vader and Palpatine. Everyone is lying to me, and you're all going to pay the price for those lies."

"I told you.... we thought you were dead."

"Well... now you're dead," Han grinned, and moved in Luke's direction with his saber raised. The two men clashed, with Solo driving Luke back with each blow. Soon Luke was fighting for his life as he stumbled and fell backwards, raising his blue saber over his head to prevent Solo from striking a fatal blow. Instead, the amber blade struck his wrist, severing Luke's hand from his wrist - the blue lightsaber went spinning away. Pain radiated from the young Jedi as his arm burned in agony, and the young Jedi could only stare in shock at his arm, with no hand.

I'm going to have to kill him, or he's going to kill Luke, Leia thought in horror as she moved up behind Solo to defend her brother.

The Princess never had a chance to strike the Corellian down. A flash from a blaster caught Han, hitting him in his side and sending him to the ground as his lightsaber skidded safely away.

Chewie stood there holding a blaster, a look of grief on his face.

Carefully, Luke and Mara helped each other stumble inside the Falcon, while Chewie carried the limp form of Han Solo. The Wookiee could not bring himself to kill his friend - he had only set the blaster on heavy stu

7. TiaRaye

TiaRaye Jedi Master star 1

Jun 3, 2003
    *Pours chocolate-covered cherries onto a huge plate of vanilla ice cream and digs in with a large spoon*

Oh, thank you, thank you, thank you!

Go Chewie!

At least there's still hope. I know Leia can get through to Han.

I can't believe he cut off Luke's hand! Those Siths LOVE to take hands and arms. Maybe they collect them!

8. darkladyhannasolo

darkladyhannasolo Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 25, 2002
    AWWWWW...What a great post. Poor Chewie having to shoot his little cub. Let's hope that Leia can reach Han.

I can't believe that I'm rooting for Luke and Mara to get together in your story. :) You are turning me into one of their fans. Too bad the EU authors didn't write them this well.

9. Laura_Anu

Laura_Anu Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 27, 2002
    Yes! I knew Luke would lose his hand! Poor Chewie, having to shoot his cub!

10. owphoenix

owphoenix Jedi Youngling star 2

Sep 7, 2003
    I didn't expect Chewie to come and save the day. Please post next one soon! [face_praying]

11. Jedi-2B

Jedi-2B Jedi Master star 4

Nov 2, 2000
    Chewie to the rescue!! Yay! =D= A good thing, too, cause Luke was about to bite the dust, I'm afraid. Having his best friend cut off his hand had to be just as hard on Luke as having his father do it.

And even one-handed, Luke can still woo Mara Jade. [face_love] [face_laugh]

12. RebelMom

RebelMom Jedi Knight star 6

Apr 20, 2000
    Thank goodness Han didn't kill Luke. I thought he was a goner. Leia almost had a horrible choice to make if it wasn't for Chewie.

13. StarFighter5

StarFighter5 Jedi Master star 4

Jul 25, 2003
    "The power of Darkside, with all its evil, is no match for the power of love."

So true. Now all they need to do is convince Han that...

14. HanSolo29

HanSolo29 RPF/SWC/Fan Art Manager & Bill Pullman Connoisseur star 7 Staff Member Manager

Apr 13, 2001
    I'm glad Leia didn't have to resort to killing Han. In a way, I'm glad Chewie did what he did. He didn't only save Luke's life, but he saved Leia from the heartache of killing Han. Now, let's hope Luke is right and Leia can draw Han's memories back and at the same time, draw him back from the Dark Side. Let's make this a happy ending! :D

Great post!

15. starwarsfan68

starwarsfan68 Jedi Youngling star 3

May 25, 2003
    Gotta love the power of love!!!!

16. ThePariah

ThePariah Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 24, 2003
    Whew. Heart attack averted. Mostly. :p

17. LaYa_

LaYa_ Jedi Knight star 5

Jul 21, 2003
    Oh thank you! Han didn't kill Luke! Uff! Glad Chewie saved the day... :)

Can't wait for more ;)

18. Sologirl

Sologirl Jedi Youngling star 2

Feb 16, 2004
    I think Han needs to be sedated, cause at the rate he is going, and once he wakes up... he is going to be one angry Sith.

Maybe Leia can give him a little smooch to make him feel better. Boy, this Sith Han is a scary guy!

But I love him anyway... :)

19. Smelly_ole_Sock

Jun 12, 2004
    TiaRaye - I can't believe he cut off Luke's hand! - :eek: - You can't? What would an AU ESB be without Han getting tortured, and Luke getting his hand cut off? :p

darkladyhannasolo - I can't believe that I'm rooting for Luke and Mara to get together in your story.You are turning me into one of their fans. - WOW! :D - That IS a nice compliment, especially since I have such a hard time writing Mara! I always think I'm not sticking very close to her EU character, since I give her more credit for independent thought than the writers seemed to in the beginning. But to be honest, if I had to create a soul-mate for Luke, it would NOT have been an Imperial assassin! LOL! Oh well....

Laura_Anu - I knew Luke would lose his hand! - :) - You called it! Can you guess what happens next? ;)

owphoenix - I didn't expect Chewie to come and save the day- Somebody had to! [face_laugh] - I couldn't have Leia kill Han! :eek: (now, Han killing Luke or Mara was a possibility, but I didn't want to upset any L/M fans! [face_devil] )

Jedi-2B - A good thing, too, cause Luke was about to bite the dust, I'm afraid. - Either that, or Han was going to bite the dust because of Leia! :eek: And even one-handed, Luke can still woo Mara Jade.- Yup! But Mara's not done being naughty, yet! Muahahhahahaha.

RebelMom - Leia almost had a horrible choice to make if it wasn't for Chewie. - For sure! Poor Leia.... she would never have gotten over killing Han! :(

StarFighter5 - Now all they need to do is convince Han that- They are going to TRY! *face hopeful*

HanSolo29 - Now, let's hope Luke is right and Leia can draw Han's memories back and at the same time, draw him back from the Dark Side- Leia is sure going to try and bring Han back! - Let's make this a happy ending! - [face_whistling] - A HAPPY ending? To the AU of ESB? :eek:

starwarsfan68 - Gotta love the power of love!!!! - And the optimism of Luke Skywalker! :D

ThePariah - Heart attack averted. Mostly.- hehe. *finds defibrillator for ThePariah! :)

LaYa - Oh thank you! Han didn't kill Luke!- Would I ever do that?? *face innocent*

Sologirl - Maybe Leia can give him a little smooch to make him feel better.- Would a little smooch do it? :D - Maybe..... [face_thinking]

20. Amidala_Writer

Amidala_Writer Jedi Youngling

Jul 7, 2004
    a wonderful story, Smelly. Please keep continuing. I love H/L stories so much! [face_love]

21. Solo_Fan

Solo_Fan Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 3, 2003
    I think I know what is going to happen next. In order to keep Sith Han from reaking any more havoc, and until they can find a cure for his problem, they are going to encase him in carbonite, and right before he gets carbonized, Leia is going to tell him she loves him. Sith Han will then say "I know."

Good chapter! You are absolutely right that in any ESB AU, Luke has to lose a hand and Han must get tortured. Looking forward to tomorrow's post.

22. Smelly_ole_Sock

Jun 12, 2004
    Amidala_Writer - A new reader! :) Wow! Are you new to these boards, or is this a sock? After reading your new story, I'm inclined to think this is your sock! ;) (and your new story is very good, too!..everybody should go read it.) :) - Anyway.... thanks for reading! :) :)

Solo_Fan - In order to keep Sith Han from reaking any more havoc, and until they can find a cure for his problem, they are going to encase him in carbonite, and right before he gets carbonized, Leia is going to tell him she loves him. Sith Han will then say "I know."- LOL! That's a good one! [face_laugh] - But they don't know about Bespin in his story, and I'm not too sure being frozen by his friends would be too helpful! :eek: :D

23. Smelly_ole_Sock

Jun 12, 2004
    Chapter 27

Han Solo opened his eyes and realized he wasn't dead. Leia sat in a chair next to his cot, washing his forehead with a warm, damp cloth. She smiled down at him. "You're awake, finally."

"Why am I alive?" Why are you being so kind to me, after I tried killing everyone?

*Did you think I would kill you, cub?* Chewie woofed from the open doorway, looking down at the Corellian. It had taken all of Chewie's willpower to even use the stun setting on his friend. *I came back because you looked so ill in the corridor, I became concerned for you. When I arrived in the hanger, I could not believe my eyes. It was fortunate I was carrying a small blaster, or I would have had to find some other way to render you unconscious.* Chewie looked over his shoulder as Luke came down the hallway, and stepped aside to allow the young man to enter Han's quarters.

Luke stumbled into the small room, holding his damaged arm tightly to his chest, his face pale from pain. "Now, will you let us help you remember the truth? We're not the enemy, Han. Please, trust us."

Han closed his eyes. He felt exhausted, his entire body ached from the stun blast, and the headache was more intense than it had ever been. He no longer knew what to believe, who was lying, and who was telling the truth. The fact remained these people could have killed him but they didn't, even after everything he'd done to them. "Sure," he mumbled, feeling strangely disconnected from reality. "Do what you want to me. It doesn't matter anymore." In a way, he felt relieved when he said those words. Maybe this will all end now, one way or the other.

Leia gently touched his face, forcing him to turn and look at her, pressing her feelings of love at the confused Corellian through the Force. "It matters. It matters more than you know," she whispered, her voice raw and her eyes burning with unshed tears.

She watched as Luke pulled up another chair, and put his left hand over Solo's wrist. They began talking, first Luke, then Chewie and Leia.

"Do you remember where you first met me?" Luke asked quietly. When Han shook his head 'no', Luke continued, "It was in a little dump of a cantina in Mos Eisley. I was with Ben Kenobi, or Obi-Wan. That was his Jedi name. A being in the bar tried roughing me up, and Ben cut off his arm with his lightsaber."

*I took Luke and Ben to the booth where you were waiting, Han,* Chewie verbally stepped in. *We owed Jabba the Hutt a great deal of credits for dumping a shipment of spice.* The Wookiee paused and then added thoughtfully, *Actually, we still do owe Jabba those credits. So you agreed to take Luke and Obi-Wan to Alderaan, for a fee.*

"A really high fee," Luke added, watching as Han gave a small smile. "But Alderaan was destroyed before we got there."

Destroyed... Han shuddered as an image of debris from a blown-apart planet came to his memory. Through the Force, he could feel Leia's grief and pain that came with her own memory. "I think I remember Alderaan being destroyed." What other memories were there, threatening to boil to the surface? All I have to do is accept the truth of what's being told to me... then I'll remember. Han felt himself tremble with fear, uncertain if he wanted to remember.

"That's good," Luke nodded. "The Death Star was still there, and we got caught in a tractor beam and pulled inside."

*But that turned out to be good,* Chewie continued, pointing at Leia, *Because we rescued a Princess.*

"Some rescue!" Leia laughed, understanding what Chewie said by his visual signal. "I had to take matters into my own hands. You didn't have any plan to get us out of the detention area!"

"Luke was the brains," Han argued, then stopped in shock at his words. "The garbage chute," Han whispered, his eyes growing wide. The wall he had erected in his mind to protect his own sanity during the intense pain of that final torture, the one that made him Force-sensitive, suddenly let go. With a rush, the past came back to him an

24. Sologirl

Sologirl Jedi Youngling star 2

Feb 16, 2004
    YEAH! Han is back and remembering everything!

So, it is to be Han, Leia and Luke to defeat the emperor, eh? And what about dear old dad? Will they bring him back from the dark side too and live happily ever after?

Time will tell..... LOVE THIS STORY!

25. TiaRaye

TiaRaye Jedi Master star 1

Jun 3, 2003
    Whew! I feel so much better!

So does Han! Yay!

And everyone is gonna forgive him.

And Palpy's gonna get it!

Hooray!!!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.