main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Saga The Experiment - AU/ ESB - Han, w/Vader, Luke, Leia, etc. -COMPLETED 7/9/04

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by Smelly_ole_Sock, Jun 12, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. LaYa_

LaYa_ Jedi Knight star 5

Jul 21, 2003
    YEPII!! Han remembers everything!! Aweee! :D

Can't wait to see what happens next! (I WANT Palpy dead! [face_devil] )

2. Jedi-2B

Jedi-2B Jedi Master star 4

Nov 2, 2000
    Hurray! Han has recovered his memory, and even sooner than I expected. It has just occurred to me that, in true twin fashion, both Luke and Leia have both fallen for Force-strong, Emperor's Hand, assassins. (I'm a little slow sometimes). :-B

I did wonder why Luke didn't head for the base's med center when Han was first stunned. Convenient plot point? :p But I didn't think about his real hand being reattached, tho.

And Mon Mothma survives due to her weak bladder. [face_laugh]

You're going to leave us with a gigantic cliffhanger tomorrow, aren't you? [face_devil]

3. Laura_Anu

Laura_Anu Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 27, 2002
    Yay! Han has his memory back. Of course, I'm a little sad, because I really like Evil Han...

4. HanSolo29

HanSolo29 RPF/SWC/Fan Art Manager & Bill Pullman Connoisseur star 7 Staff Member Manager

Apr 13, 2001
    It's about time we got the old Han back! :D Now the Emperor is really gonna get it. He will pay dearly for what he did to Han... [face_devil]

Great post!

5. StarFighter5

StarFighter5 Jedi Master star 4

Jul 25, 2003
    Yea, he remembers!+

6. Smelly_ole_Sock

Smelly_ole_Sock Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 12, 2004
    Sologirl - And what about dear old dad? Will they bring him back from the dark side too and live happily ever after?- I guess I'm going to have to ask my readers what they want to happen in ROTJ! This story ends at the end of ESB! ;)

TiaRaye- And everyone is gonna forgive him- I figured if everyone could forgive Kyp for everything HE did... and forgive Mara... and forgive Thrawn.... Han can be forgiven for being temporarily crazy, too! [face_laugh]

LaYa - Can't wait to see what happens next! I WANT Palpy dead! - Palpy didn't die in ESB... muahhahahaha.

Jedi-2B- It has just occurred to me that, in true twin fashion, both Luke and Leia have both fallen for Force-strong, Emperor's Hand, assassins. (I'm a little slow sometimes). - LOL! That's true... I did wonder why Luke didn't head for the base's med center when Han was first stunned. Convenient plot point? - And leave Leia to deal with Han when he woke up!? :eek: (plus, how would he get his fake hand? :D ) Mon Mothma survives due to her weak bladder. - [face_laugh] - Yup! Lucky lady! You're going to leave us with a gigantic cliffhanger tomorrow, aren't you? - [face_devil] Who, me?? O:) [face_mischief]

Laura_Anu- Of course, I'm a little sad, because I really like Evil Han... - He was fun, wasn't he? He always COULD have a relapse, once he faces Vader and Palpy! :eek: [face_devil]

HanSolo29 - Now the Emperor is really gonna get it. He will pay dearly for what he did to Han... - Yes, he will! I promise! EVENTUALLY! Muahahahhahahahahahaha. [face_devil]

StarFighter5 - Yea, he remembers!- :D :D - Yes, he does! And now comes the guilt and remorse.. :_|

7. Solo_Fan

Solo_Fan Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 3, 2003
    I'm very happy that Luke and Leia were able to bring Good Han back. And like you said, there is no reason there can't be a relapse of Evil Han when they face off with Vader and Palpy. Since this in an ESB AU, do Han and Leia get to share a kiss on the way to Coruscant? :)

8. Kazzy

Kazzy Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 17, 2002
    *Is not sure she trusts that Han is back* I mean I'm sure that he thinks he's not serving Palpy any more, but Palpy might have other ideas and that is one crafty piece of bantha poodoo.

So where had Mara gone? back to her master? or somewhere else?

I don't know that this whole going into Imperial Palace to see Palpatine is the smartest thing. It's his home, and he has a lot of help.

So, this ends with ESB. That does not fill me with any hope.

Oh well, may as well drown in angst. ;)

9. TiaRaye

TiaRaye Jedi Master star 1

Jun 3, 2003
    Does this mean you're going to doa sequel?

10. Smelly_ole_Sock

Jun 12, 2004
    Solo_Fan - Since this in an ESB AU, do Han and Leia get to share a kiss on the way to Coruscant? - Well.... the answer to that is no and yes. You will have to wait and see. [face_devil]

Kazzy -So where had Mara gone? back to her master? or somewhere else? - :D :D - Don't you just love unanswered questions? Or people that answer a question with a question? [face_laugh] It's his home, and he has a lot of help.- Yes, he does! :eek: - But our heroes may get some unexpected help, as well. ;) may as well drown in angst- Throws life preserver at Kazzy!

TiaRaye - You snuck in on me! [face_laugh] - Read the next chapter, and tell me if you think I should, OK? [face_devil]

11. Smelly_ole_Sock

Jun 12, 2004
    Chapter 28

One week later.

"It doesn't matter, Leia," Han insisted, standing outside the Falcon. "I can handle the pain. There isn't time to fix my legs." He had returned to the medic center shortly after breaking free from the Darkside, and Dr. Fittz had run a battery of tests on him - some tests she had done several times.

"He's right," Luke agreed. "The Death Star is getting closer and closer to completion all the time. We have to stop Palpatine before it's too late."

"Do you think I'd let you go without me, and have all the fun?" Han joked. "'Sides, I owe the guy."

"Han!" Leia admonished. "You have to remember the revenge is of the Darkside. You have to stay away from the Darkside."

"I hate being Force-sensitive," Han complained. "Getting mad came in handy sometimes." Han looked past Leia and noted Dr. Fittz was approaching. "Oh great. Now I suppose she'll want me to have the surgery first, too."

"Captain Solo, Princess, Commander Skywalker," the doctor nodded in greeting. She looked at Solo. "Can you come to my office soon? I need to discuss something important with you."

"Can't you just tell me now?"

Dr. Fittz glanced at Luke and the Princess. "I prefer to tell my patients these things in private."

"What things? Whatever it is, you can say it in front of Luke and Leia. I don't have anything to hide from them."

"Then perhaps we should go inside your ship, Captain."

"All right," Han replied, suspiciously. He led the group inside and they sat down in the hold.

Taking a deep breath, Dr. Fittz started. "I've been going over your medical tests, Captain, and I see something that concerns me a great deal."

"What is it?" Leia asked, leaning forward. The doctor was worried, and the worry was radiating from her Force-signature.

"The blood tests," she stopped and looked down at her flimsy. "It appears your body's system is breaking down, Captain. Your blood cells are slowly dying."

Leia felt her face blanch, and looked to Han, who appeared to stunned to speak. "What?"

"Are you telling us..." Luke stopped, unable to say the words.

"Yes," the doctor addressed Han. "It means you're dying, Captain Solo. I'm sorry."

Han felt the room spinning, and he put his head in his hands to stop the sensation. "How long?" he whispered, feeling Leia put her arms around his shoulders. It explained his recent bouts of exhaustion, and his slips in "feeling" the Force, things he hadn't mentioned to anyone, even Leia. Han had assumed it was the result of his trauma of remembering the tortures. In time, I'll feel better, he'd told himself. Maybe, eventually, the horrible memories and the constant guilt that ate away at his soul would ease its iron grip.

"It's hard to say. The breakdown appears to be happening very slowly, but it could start speeding up. I simply don't know."

Everything comes with a price, and this is my payback for what I've done. Aloud, he said, "Give me a guess."

"At this rate, perhaps you have three or four months left. But if the rate speeds up, it could be only a month."

"Isn't there anything you can do?" Luke asked. How could they lose Han again? It wasn't fair.

"I wish I could, but whatever the Imperials did to his DNA...." she trailed off. "I simply don't have a clue how they did this, or why his body is starting to reject these altered cells now. The tests I gave him when he first arrived on Sullust showed that everything was fine, but honestly, I didn't know anything had been done to his blood at the time I took the first tests, and I'd certainly never heard of midichlorians until a few days ago. I don't understand the change, and I can't think of a way to stop or reverse the process."

"I think I might have an idea," Luke said slowly, looking at his sister. "The cells are cloned from Palpatine, right? At least that's what Mara told us. Once Han rejected serving the Darkside, his body started rejecting the cells from the Emperor, too."

The doctor nodded. "I suppose that makes as m

12. TiaRaye

TiaRaye Jedi Master star 1

Jun 3, 2003
    Yay!!! Author, Author!!!

Congrats on finishing your first[face_laugh]fic!

Very cool, and very original, even if you did give some of us some major palpitations along the way.

Now, get that sequel going, and get Han cured!!!!

13. LaYa_

LaYa_ Jedi Knight star 5

Jul 21, 2003
    Poor Han :( Anyway, great ending... But now I want the sequel! :p

14. cassandane

cassandane Jedi Youngling

Sep 25, 2003
    Wooohoooo, a sequel!

Enjoyed your story SoS. My hat goes off to you for your imagination and your regular posts.

Here's hoping that Han and Leia get in some romance before he...dies! :_| (Or even if, ahem, when they find the cure in a timely fashion, I still hope they get lots of romance.) ;)

15. darkladyhannasolo

darkladyhannasolo Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 25, 2002
    A cliff hangering.. how evil of you. I hope you don't make us wait too long for the sequel.

16. Laura_Anu

Laura_Anu Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 27, 2002
    Way to end your Evil Han story in an Evil Cliffie!!! :D

I can't wait for the sequel...woohooo!

I absolutely loved this! Great job, Smelly_ole_Sock! :D

17. kayladie97

kayladie97 Jedi Master star 4

Jun 6, 2003
    Huh? What? COMPLETED?! That may have ENDED, but it certainly wasn't COMPLETED!! :p

I'm so glad you didn't make Evil!Han last too long...but now you're going to kill HIM off? :eek: Luke and Leia need to give him a transfusion of their good, Lightside midichlorians!!!! But I guess they don't have time for that what with fighting the evil sith guys, huh? :(

Oh, you better start this sequel soon. [face_frustrated]

And I want to see some more Mara...she's starting to have tender feelings for Lukie, I just know it. [face_love] :D Plus, I'd bet that Palpy takes it out on her for his plan failing...she's the only one there to take the brunt of his anger after all...and that will only make her more resentful of him and more understanding of Luke, right? [-o| :D

Can't wait for The Experiment II!!!!

Or would that be Return of the Experiment? [face_laugh]

18. Jedi-2B

Jedi-2B Jedi Master star 4

Nov 2, 2000
    I knew you'd end with an evil cliffhanger! [face_devil]

I thought maybe the base would hold a Red Cross blood drive, to get Han some new blood cells. :p

Am now officially on stand-by for the sequel! ;)

19. RebelMom

RebelMom Jedi Knight star 6

Apr 20, 2000
    Poor Han. Hey you got him sick enough to kill him - you just couldn't go through with it. It's tough to kill the ones you love.

Looking forward to that sequel.

20. dm1

dm1 Jedi Master star 4

Jun 9, 2004
    Whoa! That was a sudden ending! Totally not expected, but in line with ESB's incomplete ending. Very good story. EvilHan was a very interesting creation, when he's bad, he's really, really bad. I hope he holds out long enough to defeat the Emperor and find the cure he needs. Looking forward to your sequel. Please let us know here when you start it.

21. HanSolo29

HanSolo29 RPF/SWC/Fan Art Manager & Bill Pullman Connoisseur star 7 Staff Member Manager

Apr 13, 2001
    Alright, I didn't see that coming - the ending or Han dying.

ARGH! Why do you have to keep us hanging?! You better get that sequel up real soon. ;)

Oh, and good twist to this story. I really liked reading about evil Han. :D Great job as always!

22. Smelly_ole_Sock

Jun 12, 2004
    TiaRaye - get Han cured!!!! - Cure?? *face innocent* I was thinking about a "Love Story" type of ending. ;)

LaYa - Poor Han - He just can't get a break, can he? :(

cassandane - Here's hoping that Han and Leia get in some romance before he...dies! - Awww... poor Leia! But they may get in a little kiss! :)

darkladyhannasolo- I hope you don't make us wait too long for the sequel. - I was planning on starting to post the sequel on August 1st. That's much better than the three years it took between movies. :D

Laura_Anu - Way to end your Evil Han story in an Evil Cliffie!!! - Hehe. I'm bad. [face_devil]

kayladie97 - Luke and Leia need to give him a transfusion of their good, Lightside midichlorians!!!! - It takes more than just a simple transfusion! :eek: - Han had ALL his blood and most of his marrow pulled out and mixed with those midichlorians! And it didn't feel too good, either! And I want to see some more Mara- You will! I promise! And it won't be because of Palpy's anger that makes her ...*puts hand over mouth* :D :D

Jedi-2B - I knew you'd end with an evil cliffhanger! - Yes! You called it correctly! I thought maybe the base would hold a Red Cross blood drive, to get Han some new blood cells- LOL! It's going to be harder than just that. [face_devil]

RebelMom - Hey you got him sick enough to kill him - you just couldn't go through with it. It's tough to kill the ones you love - That's for sure. ;)

dm1 - Wow! Another reader! Thank you! I hope he holds out long enough to defeat the Emperor and find the cure he needs- I haven't gotten that far along in my sequel, and I always make things up as I type. :eek: - So Han MIGHT be cured.... or .... [face_worried]

HanSolo29 - Why do you have to keep us hanging? - Because it's so much fun! :cool: - Sequel coming in three weeks! :)

Now.... I will entertain all suggestions [face_thinking] and ideas [face_idea] for this sequel! Do you want a HAPPY :) ending? Or a SAD :_| ending? Or a EVIL, [face_devil] TWISTED [face_sick] ending? (which is the way I'm leaning... [face_mischief] )

23. RebelMom

RebelMom Jedi Knight star 6

Apr 20, 2000
    to avoid lynch mobs, I'm NOT making any suggestions. [face_not_talking]

24. Solo_Fan

Solo_Fan Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 3, 2003
    Good first story, Smelly_ole_Sock! You write like you've been doing this for awhile (wink!).

Poor Han! Since he has gone through so much already, and since "The Experiment II" is an ROTJ AU, I'm going to vote for a happy ending.

25. starwarsfan68

starwarsfan68 Jedi Youngling star 3

May 25, 2003
    Great story. Can't wait for the next part. They have to save Han!!!!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.