main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Saga The Experiment - Part Two - AU ROTJ - COMPLETED 8/26/04- more replies up 8/28

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by Smelly_ole_Sock, Aug 1, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Smelly_ole_Sock

Smelly_ole_Sock Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 12, 2004
    I would like to thank Jedi-2B for previewing this for me and correcting my mistakes! If there are still any errors, it is all my fault for failing to fix what she told me to fix! THANK YOU JEDI-2B FOR ALL YOUR HARD WORK! :D

If you haven't read "The Experiment" you will need to do so for this story to make any sense...

Errr... I guess I should have put the link here... sorry.. (thanks AGAIN Jedi-2B [face_blush] )The Experiment

THE EXPERIMENT- PART TWO

Chapter 1

Coruscant

Mara Jade had not gone directly to Coruscant after stealing the rebel's fighter, but made a wide loop in the darkness of space while thinking. She had never felt so uncertain of anything in her life. She needed to warn Palpatine about Solo, but returning without Skywalker would be considered a failure. Mara also wasn't certain she wanted to betray the rebellion. Finally, the need to obey her Master won out. Jade was leaving the docking area, walking resolutely toward the Imperial Palace, ignoring the small voice in the back of her mind, begging her to save Luke.

"Where is my son?" Vader said, as he stepped out from behind the shadows.

It took all of Jade's self-control not to jump at the unexpected appearance of the Sith. "He's still on the rebel base. I imagine by now, the Rebels have evacuated."

"Did Solo fail to kill the leadership?"

Jade hesitated. She should be reporting to Palpatine, not Vader. "He was partially successful. The rebels stopped him before he could finish the job." Considering Solo's plans about becoming the next Emperor, the rebels stopping him probably was a good thing, but Mara did not say it aloud.

"I see," Vader hissed. "So he will be coming back here." It was not a question. But it still took Jade by surprise. Had he read her mind?

"Why would he come back here? Either the Rebels will execute him for his crimes, or if he remembers who he is, he will no longer desire to serve the Emperor."

"Are you so certain of that?" Vader asked. "His need for revenge will drive him to destroy us all. Even if he has regained his memories, once the dark side retakes his soul, he will once again wish to claim the throne."

So he knows about Solo's desires. "Luke doesn't think that will happen. He thinks his sis.." Mara stopped herself, but it was too late.

"What? What did you just start to say?" Vader grabbed Jade by her shoulders, shaking the woman and reaching into her mind. "Sister? Luke has a twin sister?" He turned his helmeted face away from the red-head. "Who is my daughter?"

"Princess Leia."

Vader let go of Jade, thinking about the young woman he had tortured on the Death Star. The one that reminded him so strongly of Padme. Had he made a fatal mistake? Would she be able to forgive him, and accept him as her father? Would she accept her position as the future Empress of the galaxy? This was something Vader would need to deal with, and very soon. "This changes everything," Vader said, almost to himself.

"What does it change?" Jade said, shaken at Vader's ability to reach into her thoughts. "You'll just have a three-way split on the throne, instead of a two-way split? It's not going to happen.... Palpatine has other plans."

"Really? You mean like his plans to breed you to Solo?"

Mara stepped back "You're lying..."

"I'm not lying. Whatever plans the Emperor had for me or my son, you can believe he had just as devious plans for you, Jade."

Mara Jade felt very ill.

The Millennium Falcon, enroute to Coruscant

Princess Leia sat silently watching as Han and Chewie worked to repair the alterations that had been done to their ship after Hoth. Neither the Wookiee nor Han spoke - they just worked together as the team they always had been, with Chewie handing Solo tools as Han labored away deep inside the bowels of his ship.

In the days since regaining his memory, and then subsequently learning of his "d

2. jacen200015

jacen200015 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jan 11, 2002
    I got first reply.

got to go now...........................

3. Sologirl

Sologirl Jedi Youngling star 2

Feb 16, 2004
    Yay! I've been waiting for the continuation of this story!

Thank you!

4. kayladie97

kayladie97 Jedi Master star 4

Jun 6, 2003
    The new part! YAY! Oh, I like Mara having doubts and I very much like that she ran into Vader before she could report to Palpatine. Maybe this will change a few things? [-o| And maybe she's thinking about Luke just a little? :D

I like Han and Chewie working together on the ship quietly. Two such old and dear friends, I don't think they'd need to say much.

And there's the old Han, teasing and flirting with Leia! Love it! :p

I can't wait for this big confrontation...heck, everybody's gonna have a lightsaber in this one. ;)

5. StarFighter5

StarFighter5 Jedi Master star 4

Jul 25, 2003
    "I'd rather practice other things with you, Princess," Han said, winking at Leia and trying to veer the subject away from lightsabers.

*rolls eyes*

Typical Solo! LOL!

6. Jedi-2B

Jedi-2B Jedi Master star 4

Nov 2, 2000
    =D= It's started! :D

This is a great sequel, folks. Full of surprises. ;)

And I take full credit for all missed corrections. [face_laugh]

7. owphoenix

owphoenix Jedi Youngling star 2

Sep 7, 2003
    Alright part two!
    Great beginning.

8. Laura_Anu

Laura_Anu Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 27, 2002
    Yay!!! I'm so excited for this sequel! I can't wait to see what evilness you've come up with!!

9. GreyOneFromTheNorth

GreyOneFromTheNorth Jedi Youngling

Jul 21, 2004
    I just found this. Had to go back and read part one. Now I can only say one thing: Gimme more! :)

10. RebelMom

RebelMom Jedi Knight star 6

Apr 20, 2000
    *makes popcorn and sits in comfy chair* I'm ready. Oops, probably need a seatbelt. ;)

11. dianethx

dianethx Jedi Grand Master star 6

Mar 1, 2002
    You should post a link so we can find part one! Please...

12. Jedi-2B

Jedi-2B Jedi Master star 4

Nov 2, 2000
    I'm sure SoS will around to putting this in the first post soon, but here it is anyway:

THE EXPERIMENT (part 1)

13. LaYa_

LaYa_ Jedi Knight star 5

Jul 21, 2003
    It has begun! :eek:

Good... [face_devil] [face_mischief]

Liked the first chapter, now I'm waiting for the next one :)

14. TiaRaye

TiaRaye Jedi Master star 1

Jun 3, 2003
    YAAAAYYYYY!

Bouncy bouncy!!!! I'm so happy it has begun.

Poor Han. The guilt must be killing him!

15. Solo_Fan

Solo_Fan Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 3, 2003
    I was looking forward to August 1st just because I knew the first chapter to the sequel would be up. Vader now has more things to worry about, knowing that Leia is his daughter. Hopefully the Emperor won't learn about this.

16. Smelly_ole_Sock

Jun 12, 2004
    jacen200015- LOL! You did get the first reply! Thanks for reading!

Sologirl - You're welcome! More tomorrow! :)

kayladie97 - like Mara having doubts and I very much like that she ran into Vader before she could report to Palpatine. Maybe this will change a few things? - What Vader has to tell her will certainly be a factor in her decision! - everybody's gonna have a lightsaber in this one.- Yes, they sure are! :eek:

StarFighter5 - Typical Solo- LOL! Better that he be a flirt, than doing away with all the rebels! ;)

Jedi-2B - Yes! I've started! Yeah!! :D - And thanks for putting that link up! Ooopsie! You know, I did think about that several days ago, and then it just slipped my mind. Old age, you know. ;)

owphoenix - Thanks! :) :)

Laura_Anu - I can't wait to see what evilness you've come up with!! - I have a few evil things up my sleeve. *checks sleeve* Yes.... evil is up in there! [face_laugh]

GreyOneFromTheNorth - I just found this. Had to go back and read part one- Wow! You read it all at once! Thanks for reading! :D

RebelMom - popcorn and sits in comfy chair* I'm ready. Oops, probably need a seatbelt - LOL! Just put a seatbelt on the comfy chair! :D

dianethx - You should post a link so we can find part one! Please - Awwww. I'm sorry I was so bad! Jedi-2B was kind enough to put a link below... and I put a link at the top of the story! So there you go! :)

LaYa - You won't have to wait long! A post a day! That's my motto.... just like those apples every day!

TiaRaye - Poor Han. The guilt must be killing him! - Yes, he is feeling very guilty.... but things will start happening so fast he's not going to have much time to think about it too long! :eek:

Solo_Fan - Vader now has more things to worry about, knowing that Leia is his daughter.- It does alter his plans a bit! ;) - But that Vader is flexible.... and he has PLANS!! EVIL PLANS!!! Muahahhaha [face_devil]

17. dm1

dm1 Jedi Master star 4

Jun 9, 2004
    Yeah! =D= I almost missed this.

"I'd rather practice other things with you, Princess," Han said, winking at Leia and trying to veer the subject away from lightsabers.

Luke cleared his throat loudly. "Her brother is standing right here, Solo. Just in case you've forgotten."

I loved that! Typical Han, and Luke's response was great, too. :D

18. starwarsfan68

starwarsfan68 Jedi Youngling star 3

May 25, 2003
    Yeah. Part II Can't wait!!!

19. darkladyhannasolo

darkladyhannasolo Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 25, 2002
    Yay! I'm glad that this story is back. It off to great start. :)

20. ThePariah

ThePariah Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 24, 2003
    IT'S BAAAAAAAAAAAAACK!!!!! *breaks into mad happy dance* [face_dancing] [face_dancing] [face_dancing] [face_dancing] [face_dancing]

w00t, Han's cracking wise again and Mara's having more second thoughts--life is GOOOOOD. :D

21. HanSolo29

HanSolo29 RPF/SWC/Fan Art Manager & Bill Pullman Connoisseur star 7 Staff Member Manager

Apr 13, 2001
    I come back from vacation and I get a treat - Part deux to the story! :D (and I have no clue why I just spoke French there...I think I'm still delirious from the 13 hour trip in the car :p )

Great start!

22. darthnick11

darthnick11 Guest

i just finished reading your AU ESB, and the first chapter of ROTJ is great! I'll be reading no matter what you put in it.

23. Starrunner

Starrunner Jedi Youngling star 2

Dec 29, 2003
    August 1st right on schedual, a good start

and I'll try not to lurk this time.

24. Smelly_ole_Sock

Jun 12, 2004
    More Responses! :D

dm1 - Yes, Han is back to his old self..... at least mentally! :)

starwarsfan68 - You're here! :D

darkladyhannasolo - Thank you!! I hope this has lots of surprises in store... [face_devil]

ThePariah - Han's cracking wise again and Mara's having more second thoughts- Yup..... that Emperor may have fooled one too many people! :eek:

HanSolo29 - Welcome back!! I hope your trip was nice! :) 13 hours in a car would drive anyone nuts! [face_laugh]

darthnick11 - Welcome to my story!! Glad you liked the first part, and I hope the second part won't disappoint! :)

Starrunner - Yup! August 1! I promised! Or someone promised.... I don't know who! ;)

25. Smelly_ole_Sock

Jun 12, 2004
    Chapter 2

Darkness. Dripping tubes hanging from the high ceiling. The smell of sweat and acid smoke lingering in the air. Tiny black snakes writhing at his feet, thin red tongues licking out at his boots. He ignited his lightsaber, and made his way past rows of cell doors. A charged force-field allowed him to see into the cells where the inmates lay on the floor or hung from the ceilings by chains, their bodies twisted and broken. Some of them were moaning - still alive. Most of them were dead. He continued past the cells, until the corridor faded away and changed into a large room with steps leading up to a throne that was facing out to the night sky. Slowly the chair turned, and Palpatine's face leered out from beneath the cowl at him.

"You are a failure and a traitor." Palpatine stood up and turned on a red lightsaber. "You could have been second in command of the galaxy, but now you will die for your crimes. You are no more than a petty beggar, a worthless slave who thinks he's better than what he is. A man with no past and no future. You are nothing."

"NOOO!!" he yelled, and attacked the Emperor. His reflection in the window showed a man dressed all in black, a helmet covering his face.

Han's eyes snapped open, his heart pounding. How many times am I gonna have this same nightmare? Why do I keep seeing myself as Vader? Deep inside, it was Han's biggest fear - maybe the only way to save his life would be to wear the type of armor Vader wore. Would he do that, just to live? No. Never.

A soft rap sounded on his cabin door. Reaching out, Han sensed Leia was there, feeling worried and unsure of how he'd react to her presense. "It's not locked," Han called out, his voice cracking. He sat up and swung his legs over the side of the cot.

Leia stepped inside, holding out a glass of water. "Would you like a drink?"

Nodding, Han reached for the glass and took a swig, the cool liquid helping his dry mouth and throat. "Thanks."

"Can I sit down?"

"Sure. I promise I won't bite. Unless you want me to," Han said, grinning and forcing himself to act as normally as possible.

The Princess gave a quick smile and sat down. She started to reach for his hand, then stopped herself, not wanting to make him upset with her constant need to reassure him. Leia was pleased when Han took her hand in his, gently squeezing her fingers. "I don't mean to yell at you," Han started to explain carefully. "It's just... it's just I'm having such a hard time with all of this." This being Force-strong, dying... he thought morosely.

"You didn't sleep very long," she pointed out. "Do you want to talk about these nightmares?" If he said 'no', she wouldn't press him.

"I... keep dreaming I'm in the prison torture chamber, then all of a sudden I'm in Palpatine's throne room," Han replied, looking down at the floor. Leia said nothing, just waited for him to continue. Eventually he started again. "He's there, Palpatine.... telling me I'm a failure, that I'm worthless.... I feel such hatred for that monster, that I attack him with my.... a lightsaber. Then I see my reflection in the window, and I'm dressed exactly like Vader. Mask and all."

"That sounds bad," she agreed, suppressing a shudder. "But I think it's pretty understandable. Your subconscious keeps comparing yourself to... him." Leia could not bring herself to say 'father'. "In time, the nightmares will stop, I promise."

"Because I'll be dead?"

"Don't say that!" she snapped, pulling her hand away and standing up. "Don't you dare give up before we even have a chance to try. You don't have my permission to die!" She spun away, and wrapped her arms tightly around herself, shutting her eyes to keep from crying.

"Permission?" He chuckled, then stood up and put his arms around her from behind. "I love you, Leia. When I said that before...I wasn't myself. I only said it because I wanted you to believe me, not because I felt love. I wasn't capable of feeling love. But I can feel it now, and I

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.