main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Saga The Experiment - Part Two - AU ROTJ - COMPLETED 8/26/04- more replies up 8/28

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by Smelly_ole_Sock, Aug 1, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. LaYa_

LaYa_ Jedi Knight star 5

Jul 21, 2003

"Master Luke?" Threepio started out tentatively. "Are you certain you require my assistance? Artoo and I could certainly stay on Coruscant and wait for your safe return."

"No, Threepio," Leia said, grinning. "Han wants you to come with us."

"Master Han wants me? Is that a fact? I wasn't aware he requested my services."

"Oh, Threepio, Solo loves you - really. He always threatens to blast apart those he cares about," Mara replied to the droid. "As a matter of fact, you should go sit in the cockpit with him during liftoff. He'd love your company."

"Really? Well, I must say, this certainly comes as a surprise. I will endeavor to spend more time with Captain Solo, then," Threepio remarked as he headed to the cockpit.

[face_laugh] LMAO!!!! This was great!!! LOL! [face_laugh]

Loved the H/L and L/M parts :)

And evilness is coming... [face_devil] I'm not really sure if I want it to come lol, but well.. :p

2. Jedi-2B

Jedi-2B Jedi Master star 4

Nov 2, 2000
    All caught up again! :D Great posts, as usual. That ol' romantic Darth Vader, giving his kids quarters to share with their intendeds. ;)

3. Starrunner

Starrunner Jedi Youngling star 2

Dec 29, 2003
    *whispers* just when you thought it was safe to go back in the water......

eek! Well, actually the water's too cold to swim in here. So it's never safe, but that doesn't stop us!

"Why does everyone feel the need to insult my ship?" Solo asked

You know, that's a very good question.

"Oh, Threepio, Solo loves you - really. He always threatens to blast apart those he cares about," Mara replied to the droid. "As a matter of fact, you should go sit in the cockpit with him during liftoff. He'd love your company."

Mara are you trying to get him blasted to oblivion?

"I'll tell you what.... let's forget about the Force, and midichlorians, and the Death Star, and my legs..... and let's just concentrate on this." He lifted her chin, kissing her slowly and passionately. Leia forgot about everything else.

*sigh* Well it's about time.

4. StarFighter5

StarFighter5 Jedi Master star 4

Jul 25, 2003
    Ah, lovely mush!

5. darthnick11

darthnick11 Guest

great chapters! i can't wait to see what happens!

the best AU EVER!

6. TiaRaye

TiaRaye Jedi Master star 1

Jun 3, 2003
    Great Stuff,as usual, Smelly One!

I'm happy that everone's all paired off, and that my Luv-Muffin's better. I'm sceered, though. How can they defend themselves against the Rebels without hurting their friends? What a revolting developement this is!

7. A-Windsor

A-Windsor Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 22, 2003
    Those girls are so mean!!!! Lol... The Threepio and Han part was just great.

A. Windsor

8. Solo_Fan

Solo_Fan Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 3, 2003
    I like how Han's force-sense is turning out. I think he is too. Loved Leia and Mara playing on Threepio's naivete. But, did Han sense what Leia was up to? Always love mush, and it's obvious that Han hasn't lost any of that wonderful part of his personality.

9. Smelly_ole_Sock

Smelly_ole_Sock Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 12, 2004
    jedi-lelila - those girls are pure evil! - hehe. Poor Han... they do like to foist Threepio off on him! [face_devil] - Nothing is better than tenderness and mush before chaos!- Yes.... this week, everything hits the fan! :D

Laura_Anu - Evilness is coming!!! - Evilness is fun.... muahahahha. [face_devil]

RebelMom - Oh look, you were nice to our couples for once.- Yes, I was..... ;) And now the fun begins..

LaYa - I'm not really sure if I want it to come lol, but well- You didn't think you'd get through this entire story without some evil, did you? [face_laugh]

Jedi-2B - That ol' romantic Darth Vader, giving his kids quarters to share with their intendeds.- Aww... he's probably just remembering rolling around in the daisies with Padme! :p

Starrunner - Mara are you trying to get him blasted to oblivion? - LOL! She probably IS, come to think of it! [face_laugh]

Starfighter5 - Ah, lovely mush! - Mush... good.... evil....better! ;)

darthnick11 - i can't wait to see what happens- A whole lot is about to happen, real fast! :D

TiaRaye - How can they defend themselves against the Rebels without hurting their friends? What a revolting developement this is!- That is going to be a problem, for sure! :eek:

A-Windsor - Those girls are so mean!!!! Lol - Yes, Han is barely out of the hospital, and already they're picking on him! :D

Solo_Fan - But, did Han sense what Leia was up to?- hehe..... He probably DID, come to think of it... but it was too late by then, Threepio was on his way!! Poor Han... :D

10. Smelly_ole_Sock

Jun 12, 2004
    Chapter 23

Executor, over Endor

Leia gazed out of the viewport. It was difficult to look at the half-completed Death Star - intense emotions swept through her soul as she thought about Alderaan. Han squeezed her fingers, his Force-sense locked so firmly on the Princess he could barely breath as he felt her emotional pain.

"It has to be dismantled," Leia said flatly. "There is no other choice."

"Ultimately, the decision is yours, my daughter," Vader said with a nod. "You must then find alternatives for protecting the galaxy from the evil that lurks outside our boundaries."

"I will," she replied. "But whatever else happens, I have to dispose of this .... thing. This killing machine of Palpatine's."

"We will need to send down a squadron of stormtroopers to prevent the Rebels from destroying the shield generator."

"I can go down with Chewie and supervise them, Leia," Han volunteered. "I'll make sure Imperial weapons are set to stun, not kill."

Leia nodded. "Bring them up to our ship, Han. And don't you do anything foolish."

"Who, me?" Han winked at Leia and gave Luke a slap on the back before he headed out to his ship.

Leia watched him leave, pushing aside her feelings of worry. Dr. Xalac had tested his blood everyday since leaving Coruscant, assuring her everything looked fine. The new midichlorians were doing well. Han's blood count was back to normal. Except for the fact Han could no longer draw on the Force to sense things out of his visual range, or use his lightsaber with the same skills he had before. "Why is he losing his Force-senses?" Leia questioned, barely aware she'd spoken out loud.

"For the same reasons Solo killed for Palpatine," Vader answered.

"What? That doesn't make any sense," Leia protested, frowning at Luke and Mara in confusion. "Han didn't lose any Force-abilities while he was under Palpatine's control."

"Palpatine did not wish Solo to lose his Force abilities. You do."

"I don't understand."

"I think I do," Luke said, stepping into the conversation. "Your midichlorians are under your control - whether they're in your body, or Han's."

Mara nodded, suddenly understanding as well. "You don't want Han to be Force-sensitive, do you, Leia?"

Eyes wide, Leia stared at her brother. "I'm doing this? I'm blocking Han's abilities?"

"Subconsciously, you are," Vader agreed. "You love him. You want his happiness."

"And Han isn't happy as a Force-sensitive," Mara added with a shrug. "Strange, but true. The man is an anomaly."

"But.... he can still sense me!" Leia argued. "He knows what I want, and what I'm thinking, unless I shield from him."

"Because that's what you want, sister," Luke said with a laugh. "I know you're not doing these things deliberately, like Palpatine did, but you're still doing them."

"I can't keep doing these things to Han," she told them, feeling a rush of guilt. "I have to control what I want. And I have to ask Han what he wants." She turned to Vader. "Can I return his Force-abilities, if he wants them back?"

"Yes, I would think there would be no reason you couldn't. You have placed shields around the midichlorians in Solo's system, much like you can shield yourself to other beings. You can remove those shields."

"And I can block all of them, if that's what he wants? So he doesn't have to sense me, either? Or obey me, without even being aware he's obeying?" Leia didn't think she'd been 'ordering' Han around... but if she was doing things subconsciously, what if she had been? Now that she thought about it, she had wanted someone she could trust to supervise the stormtroopers on the surface of Endor.

"Yes. That might be a little more difficult, since you are the one that desires the Force-connection with Solo. But with effort, and some practice, you will be able to block that ability as well. Keep in mind that Palpatine's midichlorians inside Solo broke down because that's what the Emperor wanted them to do."

"Don't assume Han wa

11. Kazzy

Kazzy Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 17, 2002
    oh boy, I'm going to sneak this in at some point, probably not until aftre you've posted the next chapter, though. [face_plain]

Awww, so the couples are together. Sweet - I particularly liked Mara's words to Luke. :)

Interesting that Han should be losing touch with the Force except for Leia. I wonder why that is? Or is it one of those things that I don't want to know? I bet it is one of those things I don't want to know, because Smelly with you it generally is.

Just what is Darth Daddy going to do to? He's plotting. I know he is.

Yep, this comes in after the next post. Ah, I'll review that one tomorrow, hopefully.

12. LaYa_

LaYa_ Jedi Knight star 5

Jul 21, 2003
    "You are a liar and a traitor. May you and your brother burn next to Palpatine in a special hell reserved for people like you. Today, the Rebellion will prevail, or you will be forced to kill us all."
    - :mad: Why doesn't Mon Mothma believe in Leia? Ugh... Rebel scum..

:p

13. HanSolo29

HanSolo29 RPF/SWC/Fan Art Manager & Bill Pullman Connoisseur star 7 Staff Member Manager

Apr 13, 2001
    So, the battle has begun and the Rebels are not gonna listen to Leia's reasoning. This is gonna turn out nasty - I just know it.

And Han losing his Force sense because of Leia...very interesting. I think I know what Han is gonna agree to in terms of this. ;)

14. Starrunner

Dec 29, 2003
    many Rebels had deserted, claiming they wanted to give Empress Organa a chance to prove herself.

Well I'm glad somebody decided to give Leia a chance.

"You killed General Madine, Admiral Ackbar, and General Dodonna, didn't you?" Mothma said accusingly, not replying to Leia's request.

"No. I did not."

"You are a liar and a traitor. May you and your brother burn next to Palpatine in a special hell reserved for people like you. Today, the Rebellion will prevail, or you will be forced to kill us all."

The screen went dark.

:mad: Does Mon Mothma realize that if she's wrong, (since she is) that she and the Rebellion could be the down fall of the galaxy? She doesn't even consider that mabey Leia's not lying! Gah! Arrogance is so annoying!

15. Smelly_ole_Sock

Jun 12, 2004
    Kazzy - hehe... now you're going to be even FURTHER behind.... because I am posting Tuesday's post... TODAY! :D

LaYa - Why doesn't Mon Mothma believe in Leia? Ugh... Rebel scum- LOL! Well, to be fair, Leia DID declare herself Empress while she was standing next to Vader! :eek: - So you can't blame the Rebels too much for doubting her intentions. ;)

HanSolo29 - So, the battle has begun and the Rebels are not gonna listen to Leia's reasoning. This is gonna turn out nasty - I just know it. - You are probably correct! :eek:

Starrunner - Well I'm glad somebody decided to give Leia a chance. - Yeah... just leave it to the little guy! ;) - Does Mon Mothma realize that if she's wrong, (since she is) that she and the Rebellion could be the down fall of the galaxy? - Mon Mothma thinks she is right, though, and Leia has turned bad! :(

16. Smelly_ole_Sock

Jun 12, 2004

Chapter 24

The Rebels almost made it to the small building before they realized they were surrounded by several hundred stormtroopers that rose up like a mist from the forest floor. Rieekan heard a familiar voice call out.

"Surrender, and no one gets hurt."

"Solo?" Wes mumbled in shock, knowing their effort was doomed to failure.

Several frightened Rebels opened fire at the stormtroopers, and the sound of blaster fire rang out as the two groups fought briefly. The Rebels quickly became overwhelmed by sheer numbers, and slowly began dropping blasters, holding their hands in the air. Continuing to fight at this point would only mean dying on the surface of Endor. They had no idea the Imperials' blasters were set on stun and their fellow freedom fighters, now lying on the ground, were still alive.

Stormtroopers quickly gathered up the weapons, snapping binders around the Rebels' wrists. Han Solo appeared, followed by his ever present Wookiee companion. Limping up to the General, Han looked in the older man's face. Disappointment was etched deeply in his expression, and contempt clouded Rieekan's eyes.

"Why?" was the man's single question.

"You wanted us to take out the Emperor," Han replied slowly. "We did that, but then.... things spun out of control. No one did this on purpose."

"So the opportunity to rule the galaxy just presented itself, and none of you could resist? Is that it?"

"That's not what happened," Han started to argue, then stepped back in shock as the General spat in his face. Chewbacca roared and moved forward, but Solo stopped him with his hand. "No. I understand what you must think, General," Han said, wiping the spittle from his cheek. "I hope Leia can explain it better than me." He turned to the troops. "Take them to the Executor, and no rough stuff. Or you'll have to answer to a Wookiee. Remember that, if you like your arms where they are."

"The shield generator is still in place," Wedge told Mothma, watching as his fighters engaged the Imperial forces. It seemed odd.... the Imps were not attacking - only defending the Battle Station and the main Destroyers. "We can't take out the Station with that generator still in place."

"Give Rieekan a chance," Mothma replied. "He will succeed."

"He'd better succeed fast, or we won't have any fighters left to do the job."

"The Imperials don't seem to be attacking us," she remarked, looking at the readouts.

"Maybe we should have listened to Princess Leia. Are we making a mistake?"

"You mean, Empress Leia Organa?" Mothma said with a sneer. "No. We are not making a mistake. She is."

"Han has stopped Rieekan's forces," Luke reported to his tense sister. "He's left half of the troopers on the surface to guard the station, but Han and Chewie are returning with the prisoners."

"Prisoners," Leia said, the word bitter on her tongue.

"Once Rieekan sees and understands, he'll come around," Mara said encouragingly. "They just don't know the real truth, that's all."

"Mara's right," Luke put in. "As soon as Rieekan's onboard, he'll call off the attack. Everything will be fine."

"He'd better," was all that Vader would say as he walked away from the group.

Rieekan was brought into the Command Center between Han and Chewie, his hands still in binders. His shoulders were straight and he stared at Leia as if he could not believe his eyes. "You are a disappointment to the memory of Alderaan."

The Princess flinched and took a deep breath. "I can understand your feelings, Carlist...."

"General!" he spat out. "My name is General Rieekan to you, Empress Organa. Or should I say Empress Vader? Using the name 'Organa' is a disgrace to your father's memory."

Vader walked up behind Leia and approached Rieekan. "Apologize to my daughter."

"I would rather die."

"Your choice," Vader said. Before anyone could react, Rieekan's neck made a sickening crack - the General's eyes widened for a brief second before hi

17. Starrunner

Dec 29, 2003
    Oh, no. Just great, Vader messed everything up... again! :mad:
    and General Rieekan got killed! :mad: And he never even knew Leia was doing the best she could!
    Ah! and now we have to wait a whole day and a half to find out what happens next.

[face_worried]

18. A-Windsor

A-Windsor Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 22, 2003
    VADER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

You dirty little................ grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr.... this is a PG rated board, Vader, and you better be happy it is!!!!

A. Windsor

19. LaYa_

LaYa_ Jedi Knight star 5

Jul 21, 2003
    [sarcasm] That was great Vader! [/sarcasm] :mad:

:mad: You just complicated more the things.. :mad:

20. RebelMom

RebelMom Jedi Knight star 6

Apr 20, 2000
    I just love two for one days. :D

ONe happy post leads to lots of evil ones. I knew it wouldn't last.

21. StarFighter5

StarFighter5 Jedi Master star 4

Jul 25, 2003
    What a way to die. [face_sick] He should have known better to say something like that around Vader.

22. starwarsfan68

starwarsfan68 Jedi Youngling star 3

May 25, 2003
    NOOOOOO!!!!! Vader you @$$. Help him please. I like Carlist!!!!

23. Solo_Fan

Solo_Fan Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 3, 2003
    I think Vader was a little rash in his actions, but I can understand why he did it. If Vader is to run the galaxy his way, he can't have a rebellion hounding him. I feel bad for Leia because she has had some tough choices to make, and now she is seeing the result of some of those choices.

24. darthnick11

darthnick11 Guest

:mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

GRRR...Vader, i'm coming for you.

Great Chapter! :)

the rebellion rules!

25. dm1

dm1 Jedi Master star 4

Jun 9, 2004
    Oh, no! Not Rieekan! He may have been their only hope! Everyone is talking, but no one is listening. [face_frustrated]

I wonder where all those Rebel defectors went, hmmm? [face_thinking]

At least Han and Leia are planning to get married, right?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.