The Fable Series - Fable III out now!

Discussion in 'Games' started by wild_karrde, Oct 25, 2006.

Moderators: MarcusP2, The2ndQuest
  1. wild_karrde Jedi Grand Master

star 7
    Don't see a thread on this one anywhere, yet.

Lionhead is currently working on Fable 2 for the Xbox 360. Click [link=http://www.fable2.com/]here[/link] to watch the trailer. Word is that this one takes place 500 years after the original (think early 17th century based on clothes and the pistol in the preview). It's supposed to include a lot of the features promised for the original that were never included, but Molyneaux has learned his lesson and is staying pretty tight lipped about this one.
  2. Obi_Wan_01 Jedi Master

star 5
    I enjoyed Fable very much, but it was far too short. 15 hours or so and that's with almost every quest completed.

There was a original [link=http://boards.theforce.net/Message.aspx?topic=22250355&brd=10005&start=22250355&search=Fable+2]thread [/link], but it seems to be locked.

It's not coming out for the PC. :(
  3. wild_karrde Jedi Grand Master

star 7
    Fable: TLC can be stretched out to 20+ hours if you take your time and play around in the towns a little. Hell, I spent 30 minutes beating the crap out of Lady Grey in our bedroom on our wedding night in my Union Jack underwear! Good times.
  4. clonetrooper1 Jedi Padawan

star 4
    I'd deffenitly that game when i get a 360

hope its longer and a bit more challageing first one took a short time and i done it.

I hope you can still kick the chickens
  5. Sn4tcH Jedi Master

star 4
    Where did you hear that? There's a ton of "console exclusives" that always make their way to PC eventually.
  6. Captain_Dungar Jedi Youngling

Fable 2 has to come out on the PC, the first Fable was on it, why cant the new one?
  7. wild_karrde Jedi Grand Master

star 7
    Right now they're developing it exclusively for the Xbox, but after it's released I imagine they'll start working on a port for it to PC & Mac.
  8. wild_karrde Jedi Grand Master

star 7
    From a recent story about Peter Molyneaux:

One of the major changes of new games is the elimination of a heads up display or GUI, and Molyneux?s new game plans to keep on this new schema. He says there will be no hit points meter, no stamina bar, and no tutorials; all the information the player needs will still be provided, but it will be built into the game in other ways, such as visually or aurally.

Interesting.
  9. Obi_Wan_01 Jedi Master

star 5
    What is that suppose to mean? visually or aurally? Do they mean everything will be learned by watching holograms and such and not actually be taught by the guild master, practice and such? Do they mean you have to go into the menu options to see all that information rather be presented with everything on the screen? Will this information pop up or be voiced out when requested? :confused:
  10. wild_karrde Jedi Grand Master

star 7
    First bits of concept art are up [link=http://www.lionhead.com/news/fable2_artwork01.html]here[/link].
  11. MarcusP2 Games and Community Reaper

Manager
    star 6
    I imagine he means something like: you are on low health, you start looking bloody, walking slower, holding your side or something. Low stamina, you start huffing, lean over when you stand still. Low mana, start going pale or looking old. Just no numbers up on the screen.
  12. wild_karrde Jedi Grand Master

star 7
    Latest update on Lionhead's website confirms that Bowerstone & Oakvale will be in the game, but will have evolved a lot in the past 500 years. I'm guessing they'll be cities instead of just villages.
  13. Frosted_Lemon_Jedi Jedi Youngling

I am excited. I like Fable, and its one of the two games I have in mind as I am getting X-Box 360 (the other being the inevitable KOTOR III)
  14. JMAS119311 Jedi Youngling

i loved fable and is one of my favorite xbox games this time around i think there should be way more titles and you shouldn't be the only one who ages because throughout the whole game your wife (wives) never get any older and start to look a bit weird
  15. wild_karrde Jedi Grand Master

star 7
    IGN has posted a 30 min game demo with Peter Molyneux [link=http://media.xbox360.ign.com/media/741/741361/vids_1.html]here.[/link] The bulk of it is the introduction of your sidekick in the game - a dog. While some of you (older) people might be having visions of Duck Hunt, fear not as it appears that this will be an awesome addition to the game. Just watch the video if you don't believe me.
  16. RushinSundaws Jedi Youngling

star 2
    Totally stoked. Can't wait. Hopefully it will be much longer than Fable.
  17. Lord Vivec Force Ghost

star 8
    [link=http://media.xbox360.ign.com/media/741/741361/vids_1.html]Fable 2 got a lot of coverage in E3, that's for sure.[/link]
  18. macevspalpy113 Jedi Youngling

star 3
    Hopefully, Fable 2 will be plentiful in content unlike Fable, which even with the expansion, was pretty short.
  19. Rouge Null Jedi Knight

star 5
    Molyneux said F2 is roughly 10x bigger than the first, so I think we can safely assume it's not going to be a short game. What I'm really hoping for is an extended period of adulthood. When I was playing the first game I noticed that between one mission and the next I'd age as much as ten years. Before the game was half through I was a 60 year old, which doesn't seem right. Not that it affects play, but it was jarring.
  20. JJQEL-Droma Jedi Youngling

I have played fable and TLC and the one thing that I didn?t like was the fact that the game was more centered to good than evil. In most quest in Fable when you kill who your supposed to kill such as bandits, trolls, or balverines you get points that modified your alignment towards the good side. Even when walking thru regions you have lots of people to kill but the vast majority will move your alignment towards the good side. What I want in Fable 2 is when you pick a quest you can chose good or bad that way when you kill someone your alignment will move towards the side you choose. They had a few of those quest in Fable so they can do it. I just want to have a different experience when I play the good side and the evil side of the game.
  21. I_AM_GEEK Jedi Padawan

star 4
    The great man himself just posted this on the fable 2 boards at loinhead
    [link=http://allboards.lionhead.com/forumdisplay.php?f=98]Clicky[/link]He posted in the thread "my castles under attack"

:cool:
  22. JasperMereel_ Jedi Youngling

star 2
    When is the game due out? Anything been listed as to when?
  23. DarthSubZero Jedi Padawan

star 4
    Divine Fury to the 'nads...

...just wanted to throw that out there.
  24. clonetrooper1 Jedi Padawan

star 4
    Wikipedia say sometime in 2008. I got a feeling it could be around Easter
  25. _Sublime_Skywalker_ Jedi Master

star 4
    I looooved Fable, but you age too quickly and it's far too short. One thing that bothered me was that I wanted the master sword in the stone, or whatever it was. I don't remember getting it, and it drove me crazy.

Fable 2? I'm for sure getting though. It's a nice mild RPG.
Moderators: MarcusP2, The2ndQuest