main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

The Fable Series - Fable III out now!

Discussion in 'Archive: Games' started by wild_karrde, Oct 25, 2006.

1. JEDI-SOLO

JEDI-SOLO Force Ghost star 6

Feb 12, 2002

Thats is sad, I wished you had like it. I miss the glory days of Morrowind. So great a game.

2. Valyn

Valyn Jedi Master star 8

Mar 2, 2002
    My cousin loved Morrowind and let me borrow it back then. I just wasn't a fan of the fantasy style FPS, I guess. I'm not sure if there was a way to get a 3rd person view, but the 1st person view was just strange to me when I'm armed with a staff or whatever. If it makes you feel any better, I got bored of WoW within the first few weeks of playing it :p

3. JasperMereel_

JasperMereel_ Jedi Youngling star 2

Sep 20, 2006
    Morrowing is not too bad. I play it every once in awhile. I don't mind WoW every here and there.

4. GrandAdmiralJello

GrandAdmiralJello Comms Admin ❉ Moderator Communitatis Litterarumque star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Nov 28, 2000
    I play Morrowind in nothing but third person view, and I would call it anything but an FPS. It's pretty RPG through and through. Hitting a thing does not guarentee a hit: the dice has to roll.

5. JEDI-SOLO

Feb 12, 2002
    I ll be getting this one soon. The review for Fable III in Game Informer was very good.

6. Valyn

Valyn Jedi Master star 8

Mar 2, 2002
    Certain stores have it for $20 off for Black Friday

7. JEDI-SOLO

Feb 12, 2002
    Really? As much as i wanted to stay in today I just might go to Walmart.

8. Valyn

Valyn Jedi Master star 8

Mar 2, 2002
    My fiancee got me Fable 3 for Christmas (she got it for $30 or so). I haven't opened it yet. Should I keep it or return it for something like Halo Reach or Red Dead Redemption?

9. Valyn

Valyn Jedi Master star 8

Mar 2, 2002
    So, I started playing Fable 3 the other day and...I like it. I don't love it, but I am enjoying myself. There does seem to be so much to do, though I wish I could hurry up and make tons of money. So far I've only gotten past the second gate on the Road to Rule, so I haven't yet gotten the ability to buy shops and businesses. :(

Anyway, I'm very tentative about the fun I'm having, as all the reviews I've read have informed me that the first half of the game is actually pretty promising. It's the second half that completely drops the ball.

10. Darth_Invidious

Darth_Invidious Force Ghost star 6

Jun 21, 1999
    Oy. You shoulda told her to return the thing and get you Reach! Or RDR!

11. Valyn

Valyn Jedi Master star 8

Mar 2, 2002
    I was thinking that she could play this too. She's a Disney nerd so playing as a princess might have some interest for her.

12. Darth_Invidious

Darth_Invidious Force Ghost star 6

Jun 21, 1999
    *sighs* Dude, you are so whipped. Seriously. :p

13. Valyn

Valyn Jedi Master star 8

Mar 2, 2002
    So, I'm halfway through the game now and I have to say, I really like it. I am surprised by how much I like it. It's not nearly as polished and refined as, say, Mass Effect 2, but it's not without its own charm. I almost feel addicted to playing it.

I definitely like this one much more than 2. I've even come to appreciate the absence of a menu.

14. Valyn

Valyn Jedi Master star 8

Mar 2, 2002
    Beat the game. Had a surprising amount of fun with it. Definitely better than 2 and a worthy sequel to 1.

15. The Great No One

The Great No One Jedi Grand Master star 8

Jun 4, 2005
    played it, beat it, enjoyed it. was an ass by being too good during the ending, and lost a lot of people.

definitely a good game, and i like the lute hero thing. that was fun.

not... overly sure about the road to rule though. should be able to buy stuff right out of the gate if you want. i mean, it's not THAT difficult.

16. Valyn

Valyn Jedi Master star 8

Mar 2, 2002
    how did you lose people by being too good? I was pure good, kept all promises, and lost like no one.

17. Jedi_Johnson

Jedi_Johnson Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 6, 2002
    If you don't have the 6 million gold in the treasury you'll lose people.

18. Valyn

Valyn Jedi Master star 8

Mar 2, 2002
    I owned the entire map by the time I finished the game. I had something like $500 million lol

19. Jedi_Johnson

Jedi_Johnson Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 6, 2002
    Yeah I think I was about the same. Tons of cash and nothing to spend it on.

20. zacparis

zacparis VIP star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 1, 2003
    So anyone planning to get this on PC? I just saw the pre-order on Steam this morning.

21. Darth_Zandalor

Darth_Zandalor Jedi Master star 4

Aug 2, 2009
    Not a chance. They tried to lure me in with John Cleese, Stephen Fry and Simon Pegg, but then it got delayed, and then I saw AngryJoe's top 30 crappy things in Fable 3, and then they decided to release the PC version the same day as The Witcher 2.

I think it is very telling that Microsoft put one of their remaining exclusives on their rivals digital download site Steam. They must be really desperate to sell if they are using their arch rival's distribution platform as well as the god-forsaken GFWL.

22. au-pays-natal

au-pays-natal Jedi Knight

Jul 17, 2007
    I always wanted to try out Fable, just never had the time to play. The idea is appealing at least. Are the games before Fable III any good? I would be buying them for PC most likely.

23. zacparis

zacparis VIP star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 1, 2003
    So, on Jello's positive impressions I finally bit the bullet on the PC version.

I dunno what it is, but I'm enjoying it far more this time around. Maybe it's the distance from release, or how amazing it looks on PC, but it really feels like playing Fable II all over again. I really can't remember why I was so disappointed with it when it released on 360. Maybe I was just expecting too much. :p

I was worried about it being sluggish on my PC, but it runs great, much better than the Xbox version at least. But I am using the 360 pad with it though, the m/k combo didn't feel right.

[image=http://farm7.static.flickr.com/6123/5925832428_7f0e9c34bf_o.png] [image=http://farm7.static.flickr.com/6149/5925831602_1424031df4_o.png] [image=http://farm7.static.flickr.com/6134/5925266503_836c1e757d_o.png] [image=http://farm7.static.flickr.com/6028/5925263695_264ca50659_o.png]

24. LAJ_FETT

LAJ_FETT Tech Admin (2007-2023) - She Held Us Together star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 25, 2002
    Unlocking and upping for Moosemousse.

25. moosemousse

moosemousse CR Emeritus: FF-UK South star 6

Oct 3, 2004
    Thanks! :D

I have some cool Fable related news! Firstly, Fable 3 is free for XBL Gold members! You can get it via your console or the website and it's a purchase so you get to keep it. Having a lot of fun with it and well worth nabbing now if you haven't got it! Even if you have got it or you did have it, it's worth getting again as it's free. It's part of the 'two free games a month for XBL Gold' MS are doing until the X1 comes out.

Secondly, Fable 1 is being remastered and released on the Xbox 360 later this year as Fable Anniversary. From what I can gather, it's based on 'The Lost Chapters' with better graphics, achievements, and an improve UI. Hopefully they'll fix some bugs but it looks like a similar affair to Halo Anniversary which is to leave the core mechanics alone but make it look pretty. No news on the release date yet though, but I'll post it as soon as I get it.

07jonesj likes this.