main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

The Fable Series - Fable III out now!

Discussion in 'Archive: Games' started by wild_karrde, Oct 25, 2006.

1. 07jonesj

07jonesj Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 16, 2010
    That's a pretty good deal for anyone who has hesitated picking up Fable III. It got a bad rap because of the extreme amount of hype that Molyneux created, but I think it's still a fun title, if not a great one.

Never played the original, so quite looking forward to this HD remaster. It would be quite impressive if it was as overhauled graphically as the Halo Anniversary Edition, as that is still the best HD update created thus far.

2. moosemousse

moosemousse CR Emeritus: FF-UK South star 6

Oct 3, 2004
    You can't get a better deal than free. :p Personally, I didn't pick it up as I didn't have a console, nor had I bought any of the others. I should go back and see what else I missed, but no one else has posted in the 360 thread and I don't want to make four posts in a row there. [face_blush]

Halo Anniversary was spectacular. It's not quite as shiny as Halo 4 but it's still leaps and bounds beyond the last one. I'm guessing Fable Anniversary will be more like Fable 3, maybe better, but I'm not sure it'll be like Halo Anniversary. They seem to have two different aesthetics.

3. moosemousse

moosemousse CR Emeritus: FF-UK South star 6

Oct 3, 2004
    Fable Legends was announced at Gamescom yesterday! From what I can gather it'll be like Fable in that it'll be in Albion and everything in the game will be Fable related, but it'll have a party of you and three other heroes. This means you can play co-op with friends or on your own with AI. Looks good though and I'll definitely get it on preorder!

Link: http://news.xbox.com/2013/08/gamescom-fable

4. Ulicus

Ulicus Lapsed Moderator star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 24, 2005
    I really hope they rein in the sub-Pratchett/Python attempts at "humour", this time around. They dont have to omit it entirely, but Fable has always been at its best when it takes itself a bit more seriously.