main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

The Fable Series - Fable III out now!

Discussion in 'Archive: Games' started by wild_karrde, Oct 25, 2006.

1. _Sublime_Skywalker_

_Sublime_Skywalker_ Jedi Master star 4

May 8, 2004
    Quick Question- Does anyone know how they're going to handle aging in this one?

I beat the original Fable again today, and it's like before I knew it I was already 50 years old.

2. DarthSolar

DarthSolar Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 4, 2008
    I could of had a chance to be apart of the Beta tests for Fable 2. But i didn't have a 360 anymore so i went to EA:UK. *ThunderClap*

Most likely, Mass Effect was a good port for Vista. If it does come to PC i just hope they sort out the fighting system for PC users because on the Lost Chapters it was terrible. :(

3. I_AM_GEEK

I_AM_GEEK Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 5, 2004
    New video diary is up on Live and Lionhead.com

4. Leto II

Leto II Jedi Padawan star 6

Jan 23, 2000
    From what I last heard, the aging-system is gonna be far more subtle and gradual than in the first game -- especially if you were a magic-user, you qualified for a pension and AARP pretty damn quick the last time around.

It wasn't as bad if you were a fighter-type or a thief, but slowing it down a bit would be a welcome step; from what I've read, Molyneux got the message, and is adjusting it accordingly.

5. _Sublime_Skywalker_

May 8, 2004
    Thats great. I love the original Fable and looking at the footage we have of Fable 2, I know they won't dissapoint. The only problem I really did have with the first one was the aging process. I'd like it more realistic, I think in the first one like a day is a year or something.

Some of the glitches in the first one were pretty bad too. I did the marry Lady Grey quest and I couldn't find her in the town until I did like 5 quest's. I come back and she runs towards me and divorces me. Like, what the hell.

6. Rouge Null

Rouge Null Jedi Knight star 5

Apr 24, 2000
    After you marry her Lady Grey stays in her bedroom.

7. Lord Vivec

Lord Vivec Chosen One star 9

Apr 17, 2006
    Only at night. Then you can get her to do...

8. Valyn

Valyn Jedi Master star 8

Mar 2, 2002
    Are you guys going to get the Limited Edition? What comes with it?

9. Leto II

Jan 23, 2000
    So far, nothing's really known yet about the content...chances are, it'll include stuff like BTS documentaries, desktop themes, conceptual artwork, and maybe even a soundtrack and additional storyline/backstory content (similar to the Mass Effect Limited Edition).

Amazon, EB, GameStop, and other retailers have recently started taking pre-orders for it, but Lionshead have yet to officially lock down what's gonna be in it. Shouldn't be too much longer, though.

10. Leto II

Jan 23, 2000
    Some details released today about the Fable 2 Limited Collector's Edition.

Twenty dollars more than the "standard" edition, though...despite the fact that the Halo 3 LE ran something close to $75, the Mass Effect and Assassin's Creed limited editions, for example, were only ten bucks pricier. No word on the hard specifics, but it's going to include "additional in-game content," a bonus DVD with documentaries, an Xbox Live trial card, and a Hobbe figure.

Suppose we'll find out what the extra content is going to be -- if it's something awesome that I'd probably spend 15-20 bucks downloading off Live anyhow, à la Mass Effect and Oblivion, then fine. If not, we'll see. Steelbook packaging, at the very least? For 80 quid, I'd think so.

Also, when you pre-order Fable 2, you'll get early access to the three moneymaking "pub games" months earlier than everyone else.

11. Valyn

Valyn Jedi Master star 8

Mar 2, 2002
    I never knew how to get Lady Grey to...perform

12. Leto II

Jan 23, 2000
    Lady Grey gets down and rides the pink pogo-stick only at night, when you find her in her room. You have to flirt with her to get her in the mood, and lubing her up with a few "gifts" doesn't hurt, either. Just make sure you enter Bowerstone North any time from late evening to dawn to meet her in her mansion.

I've banged her too many times to count. And once with twenty villagers that followed me into the house. She loves her men evil and scary. (Evil +100, Scariness -100, Attractiveness +100) And beautiful. Rawr.

One time, I walked into the house, said hello, as in just a WAVE only. Then she was like, "You naughty boy. Shall we go to bed, then?"

Funniest thing ever. B**ch divorced me later, though. Should've drank her blood up on the Chapel of Skorm altar...

13. Leto II

Jan 23, 2000
    Fable 2 IGN hands-on.

Oakvale from the first game is now at the bottom of a swamp. This bit from the preview concerning the upgraded AI grabbed my attention, especially the last sentence:

[color=blue]The sandbox section of the demo showcases what helps make [i]Fable II[/i] a unique RPG. This is a game meant to allow you to create a unique character and a unique world. And running through a village you can see just how much more advanced the AI reactions have become. Towns are more densely populated and everyone has a different view of your hero. Throw a fireball at someone, and they may run in fear. Come back a few days later, and they may look at you with considerable hatred. Terrorize too many people, and the town guard will come at you. Refuse to pay a fine (or accept jail time), and you will become an outlaw in that town [i]forever[/i]. Keep this up, and you will find the law of chasing you down across all of Albion.[hr][/blockquote][/color]
    Having the law pursue you across the entire kingdom is similar to [i]Oblivion[/i], but it should be a nice thing to see implemented in the [i]Fable[/i] universe. Watched the "bird-crap" trailer Molyneux debuted at E3, and I'm slobbering to explore Bowerstone again, especially that freaking huge castle that now looms over the city.

Also, "[firing] a shotgun into someone's face" = Instant Win.

14. Leto II

Jan 23, 2000
    One of the E3 trailers that just premiered.

My penis just ruptured. October can't get here fast enough.

Soon, we shall be shooting Balverines.

(If you've never played the first game, you can't even begin to imagine the evil glee with which I just typed those words. It's not unlike Niko Bellic handing Link an RPG "to take care of his Darknut-problem.")

15. Leto II

Jan 23, 2000
  16. DocRevan

DocRevan Jedi Youngling star 1

May 1, 2008
    This is, for me, the game to get this year.

It just looks amazing, from the art direction, to the morality system, to the combat and just the whole sheer ambition of the project.

I like how it's kind of been under the radar, how the hype has built slowly but steadily. And not because of empty promises this time, but because of what's actually been shown.

The thing that just completely sold me is when Molyneux said he wanted to give the player moral choices so heavy to make, that you would just put down the controller, go to bed and ponder the decision till the next day.

I really can't wait. Mark my words, by years end nobody will be talking about GTA IV as game of the year anymore.

17. Leto II

Jan 23, 2000
  18. Ulicus

Ulicus Lapsed Moderator star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 24, 2005
    So, has anyone been reading the History of Albion stuff over at the official site? It's quite interesting.

I'm not sure I like the little retcons (Heroes Guild amoral before the Maze-Weaver revolution, Tears of Avo have a different origin, yada yada) but the implication that Scythe = the First Archon = very interesting.

And I really do love the origin behind the name for the "powers of Will". [face_laugh]

And, Leto, thanks for the video links... that gameplay footage has me drooling.

I'd prefer it if aging was handled the way it was at the very beginning of Fable.

"Are you sure you want to leave your childhood behind?"
    "Are you sure you want to leave your teenage years behind?"

Artificial, certainly, but at least I had control over it. The system of "you age 0.7 years per attribute point you spend" was ridiculous. So ridiculous that I modded aging out of my PC version of the game. It's kinda silly when you're a sixty-five year old man, everyone else is as young as they ever were, and Maze is still calling you "the boy".

I hope Fable II gives us options for getting younger too... and I mean "over and over again", as opposed to the "once at each temple" system they had going last time. (Though you could use Hero Saves to get around that)

19. sith_hunter117

sith_hunter117 Jedi Youngling star 2

Jul 18, 2008
    I heard that at first when you die that if you had kids you could go play as them. That way you could stay young. But unfourtunatly they took it out...

20. Darth_Invidious

Darth_Invidious Force Ghost star 6

Jun 21, 1999
    So I DL'd Fable 1 through XBox Live to play on my 360 in anticipation of 2. Bad idea, as I should've just bought the expanded version elsewhere. Anyhoo, I'm reliving these game and can't help but cringe at the flaws that had partially turned me off this game the first time around. I do hope that whatever ambitions Molyneux has in store for this sequel do make it into the final product.

This time around though, I'm staying single (I never found one compelling companion the first time around) and trying to be more of a brawler than a Will user, just to see if my Hero won't be a muscle-bound geriatri by game's end.

21. Leto II

Jan 23, 2000
  22. _Sublime_Skywalker_

May 8, 2004
    Sweet! Theres so many great games comming out this fall, Fable II being one of them. It's for sure motivating me to get my new 360 faster.

I just hope that this one isn't like the first. Big expectations, very little delivery. But, I still loved the first Fable.

23. Leto II

Jan 23, 2000
    The Fable II Achievement List has been leaked.

My personal favorites:
    The Bigamist (10G)
    Get married a second time, whilst still married to your first spouse.

The Swinger (5G)
    Take part in a orgy, responsibly.

The Black Knight (10G)
    Shoot the weapons from a hollow man's hands, blow off his head, and then kill him for good!

Looking forward to being a sexually-promiscuous lass in this game. And finally:

The Goth (5G)
    Dye your hair black, wear an outfit made entirely out of black clothes, and wear some black makeup.

24. DarthSolar

DarthSolar Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 4, 2008
    My cousin is gonna love that, fits him 100%

25. _Sublime_Skywalker_

May 8, 2004
    !!!

This game is sounding so sick! You have a dog, and you can have a kid, dive off a cliff, have parties, send gifts to online characters, and like Leto said, have orgies!

I'm so pumped for this game. I hope they have a good customization plan worked out.