main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Saga The Face Inside -AU-Xani/Ani/Obi Updated 2/20/03 COMPLETE!

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by obi_ew, Dec 30, 2002.

1. Sheila

Sheila Jedi Master star 4

Oct 6, 2002
    That last post really has me worried. Even if Obi-Wan can defeat Xan, how can he handle the army he has at his disposal? I liked how protective Obi-Wan was of Anakin and the little wink he gave him. Hopefully he has something up his sleeve. I can't wait for the next post. :)

2. obi_ew

obi_ew Jedi Master star 5

Apr 14, 2002
    astro I'm doing fine.Thanks for asking. :) I hate to admit it outloud but I've grown fond of this Anakin! :eek:

Cas I am thanks. :) chilling Yeah! :D

Cyn Thanks for the advice! :) I do enjoy being here with you all.It's my refuge away from Darth Real Life.

I made you say poor Ani ? :eek:

Aquas_Knight Glad you enjoyed. :) worthwhile activities That reminds me! Now that this is almost over I may have to go back to my other fic! :p

Hormiko :) I'm thrilled you found me! Welcome! Happy to help distract you from school! ;)

Sheila Rats! Grabs notebook and continues writing. :( Those of you who have read my fics know of my loathing for action scenes right? Just keep that in mind come Monday! :D

3. PadawanKitara

PadawanKitara Jedi Grand Master star 5

Dec 31, 2001
    Oh no- now here I go: Poor Ani, hopefully his master will be able to survive whatever Xanatos has planned, then rescue the kid.

Glad to hear you are doing better. Take Care of Yourself. that's an order!

4. Arldetta

Arldetta Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 19, 2002
    Oh you wicked tease you! Lovely as usual. And now the fun begins. The duals. The challenges. The fights. And who will win. We can only guess and hope.

Until next chap. :D

5. PaddyJuan

PaddyJuan Jedi Master star 4

Nov 15, 2002
    back after my weekend and i find Leather Obi! yay! happy froggy

6. Jedi_Knight_Hunter

Jedi_Knight_Hunter Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 6, 2002
    WOMAN!!! YOU ARE A SITH!!!

THIS IS ALMOST AS BAD AS THE COLORS!

Monday? you mean no post today?

*hangs on to cliff by her talons*

Loosing strenght, please hurry!

7. obi_ew

Apr 14, 2002
    Padawan_Kitara :D Another poor Ani!

Arldetta Fun? Hum I doubt that! [face_devil]

PaddyJuan Nice to see your froggy face again! ;)

FIFTY-THREE

Anakin's pain filled mind finally cleared enough so that he noticed his Master's attire.Xanatos laughed out loud when he saw the boy's eyes widen in worried disbelief.

"Master?" Anakin whispered pleadingly.

Without turning around,Obi-Wan reached back and gently touched the top of his head in reassurance before moving toward Xanatos.

"Allright Xan,you got me here.What's this all about?" he asked.

Xanatos gestured around the room with a sweep of his hand.

"It's about you finally accepting your fate and returning to my side," he explained.

Obi-Wan shook his head in denial.

"I'm here for one reason only.To get my Padawan back," he told the fallen Jedi.

The deep blue eyes hardened into icey chips at his words.Stepping forward,Xanatos held Obi-Wan's gaze.

"Do you have any idea of the time and resources I have employed in order to get you back?" he demanded.

Forcing himself not to flinch in the face of the other man's menaceing anger,Obi-Wan shrugged helplessly.

"No.Why don't you tell me," he urged as he slowly moved away from Anakin and toward the center of the room.

"I had to get rid of Jinn once and for all.He was always coming between us,filling your head with lies.I wasted years training that idiot Maul for that purpose alone.I knew Jinn could no longer hope to defeat a younger and better trained Sith," Xanatos explained calmly.

Anakin saw his Master's entire body clench at the startling revelation,spoken with such callous disregard.

"What if your abomination had managed to kill me also? Did that thought ever once cross your mind?" Obi-Wan forced himself to ask .

Xanatos snorted in disbelief.

"Little one! I never doubted for an instant that you would be victorious.You're simply too powerful," he assured the younger man.

"But I did underestimate Jinn's deviousness yet again.He managed to chain you to the Jedi even as he lay dieing by forcing you to make that cursed promise,"Xanatos growled as his eyes glared resentfully over his shoulder at Anakin's huddled form.

"Nine years of planning spoiled by Jinn's Chosen brat!" he snarled.

Shaken in spite of himself by the man's seeming hatred for his Padawan,Obi-Wan quickly drew Xanatos' attention back to himself.

"I have to admit that I'm still confused Xan.If you truly felt that way about Anakin,why did you befriend him?" he asked curiously.

The blue eyes focused on him again,a chiding smile curving full lips.

"Initially to teach you a lesson.After everything I'd done you continued to deny and reject your true destiny.By turning Anakin ,I would remind you of who your Master was,who was more powerful," Xanatos explained.

Obi-Wan's blood ran cold at the fallen Jedi's twisted logic.

"Let him go Xan.You and I will settle this once and for all,Anakin need not be involved any longer," he urged.

Xanatos face seemed to freeze into a chilling mask at his words.

"You've forgotten everything I taught you.I need to teach you another lesson," he said almost mournfully.

Obi-Wan swallowed through a dry throat.

"What lesson Xan?" he asked even though he dreaded the answer.

The corner of Xanatos' mouth lifted.

"The boy must die little one," he said softly. "You took my Padawan,so I take yours."

Obi-Wan desperately searched the emotionless face for some trace of the man he thought he had known.Instead,he saw a soul twisted and corrupted by the power of the Darkside.

The Xanatos he remembered was dead.

As the reality of that sank in,he found the strength to make his next move.

Moving back several steps,he unclipped and activated the ornate lightsabre.Xanatos' eyes widened in shock as Obi-Wan took a defensive stance,sword raised in front of him.

"In order to get at him,you'll have to come through me first," Obi-Wan told him.

Seeing the resolve on the younger man's face,Xanatos cursed softly and activated his

8. Jedi_Knight_Hunter

Jun 6, 2002
    *The Phoenix is in cardiac arrest*

*Flatlined*

I hear the vacuum cleaner coming for my ashes!

You have killed me o-e and this time, I don't think I can make it back!

Give us more please!!!

*would beg if an evil overlord could*

9. Cascadia

Cascadia Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 15, 2002
    A very tense confrontation between a man consumed by hatred and another desiring only to protect his pupil. Xanatos' hate may make him strong, but it will also make him sloppy and unfocused.

Exciting building climax! :D

10. Padawan_Travina

Padawan_Travina Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 5, 2002
    ARGH!!!!

I swear...YA YALL REALLY WANT TO KILL ME HUH??

Your evil with this post...And ya left it at an evil spot..That is soooooooooooo not fair...

You evil person you.

PLEASE UPDATE AGAIN SOON!! PLEASE??

PT

11. CYNICAL21

CYNICAL21 Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 8, 2001
    I swear I'm going to stop reading cliffhangers - just as soon as I find out what happens next.

Splendidly intriguing, oe. Can't wait for more, but I suppose I must.

Sithly, absolutely sithly.

CYN

12. PaddyJuan

Nov 15, 2002
    yay! the fight begins!

13. obi_ew

Apr 14, 2002
    JKH kilt another one! :eek:

Cas Don't get too excited! This is me writing it! [face_plain]

PT NO! Not you too! :(

Cyn Why thank you! What a lovely compliment! :D

PaddyJuan ;) Guess if the worst happens I can blame it on you! :p

14. diamond_pony2002

diamond_pony2002 Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 6, 2002
    POST!POST!POST!POST! pleez?

15. PaddyJuan

Nov 15, 2002
    that's right, blame the little green warty thing. everyone else does. of the darkside, authors are.

16. obi_ew

Apr 14, 2002
    d_p2002 Tomorrow.I don't want this to end any sooner then it has to! :_|

PaddyJuan Takes one to know one! :p

17. PaddyJuan

Nov 15, 2002
    ha!

just for that, my obi's going for the black leather, lady! see if you survive that!

18. Jedi_Knight_Hunter

Jun 6, 2002
    Do you guys prefer me dead or what? Ok, you don't love me. I can take a hint, but y'all don't have to kill me over and over again.

19. obi_ew

Apr 14, 2002
    JKH Just wait till ya see the posty of TOTS I'm dedicating to you tomorrow! :D * runs off the thread laughing *

20. PaddyJuan

Nov 15, 2002
    she's evil!

evil! I tell you

21. LuvEwan

LuvEwan Jedi Master star 4

Mar 24, 2002
    A fine time for my absence! Two of the best posts yet! :mad:

You have certainly built up this final show-down, obi_ew.

**begins to bite fingernails**

;)

22. Jedi_Knight_Hunter

Jun 6, 2002
    I may be dead, but don't think I can't torture you o-e, maybe I'll just make ani immortal on my story!

23. Shaindl

Shaindl Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 18, 2002
    Magnificent, OE. You haven't written better. Now I know what you told me, but I don't think it will be either Xan or Obi. I think Anakin's going to get mixed up in this somehow. Either way, there's some wonderful angst on the horizon. Can't wait to see how this plays out.

Shaindl

24. Sheila

Sheila Jedi Master star 4

Oct 6, 2002
    That was a great post oe . So much tension. Poor Obi-Wan could have never imagined the events he would set in motion by seeking asylum with Xan when he was a teenager. I look forward to tomorrow's post. :)

I hate that this fic is drawing to a close. Thank the stars that you already have another one going that I can follow. [face_love]

25. astroanna

astroanna Jedi Master star 4

Jul 8, 2002
    Intense, obi-ew!!

:)

Let the games begin!!

I am looking forward to this confrontation, it should be very interesting, indeed...

Really, there's going to be two conflicts, the one between Xan and Obi and the one within Obi-Wan himself, between the Dark Side and the light...

To use the literary terms, man vs. man and man vs. self...

Bet you didn't even realize you were using literary technique, huh?

:D

Anyway, I've rambled enough...

8-}