main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Saga The Face Inside -AU-Xani/Ani/Obi Updated 2/20/03 COMPLETE!

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by obi_ew, Dec 30, 2002.

1. Jedi_Knight_Hunter

Jedi_Knight_Hunter Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 6, 2002
    It's tomorrow o-e

*signed*

the pile of ashes and dust living under your bed

REJOICE AS THE PINK IS GONE

2. diamond_pony2002

diamond_pony2002 Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 6, 2002
    My words exactly Jedi_Knight_Hunter.

3. Arldetta

Arldetta Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 19, 2002
    Yes, Yes, Yes, Yes!!! :D Let the battle begin!!!

Sorry it took me so long to review. [face_blush] But I'm glad I got here as quickly as I could. :D Wonderful chap yet again. Now we will see who is victorious!

Go OBI! Go OBI! Go OBI! GOOOO!!!!

4. Red_Jedi_Knight

Red_Jedi_Knight Jedi Youngling star 3

May 7, 2002
    AHHHHHHHHH beat him beat him beat him!! obi obi he's our man if he can't do it... well were all kinda screwed i guess...rats..

5. Aquas_Knight

Aquas_Knight Jedi Youngling star 2

Jan 12, 2002
    just curious the other fic is`t tears on the sand or?

oh worried for Obi and Ani. Cant wait to see
    how this match on life and death will end.

6. obi_ew

obi_ew Jedi Master star 5

Apr 14, 2002
    PaddyJuan Evil? Me? [face_devil]

LE I just thought I'd ran you off! :_| I've built it up and it will most likely dissappoint! :(

JKH :eek: Now that goes beyond torture! :D

Shaindl Anakin's in the mix but what I told you happens! :eek:

Sheila This one has gone by quick for me! :(

astro No I didn't.My little brain isn't wired that way! :D

JKH * gets out the vacuum * :p

d_p2002 Don't encourage her! ;)

Arldetta Keep cheering! He may need all the help he can get! :D

RJK [face_laugh] Obi has his own cheerleading squad! :)

Aquas_Knight No my slashy fic! ;)

Authors note Thanks go to PaddyJuan for looking this over for me! She saved me from making a huge mistake! [face_blush] Here goes nothing!

FIFTY-FOUR

Anakin watched in amazed wonder as they moved across the huge salle in a deadly but graceful dance.Each thrust and parry was expertly deflected and returned with equal skill.

The Padawan could see that fundamentally they had similar styles,a remnant no doubt of Qui-Gon's training.But there the similarity ended.Xanatos employed Form V with brutal efficiency,battering down on the younger man with sheer strength,each blow fueled by the power of his emotions.

Obi-Wan on the other hand took advantage of his size and quickness,repeatedly springing away from some of the more exsplosive strikes .The longer the duel drug on,the more frustrated Xanatos seemed to become by the Jedi's evasive tactics.

Eventually they seemed to reach an unspoken impasse and both fell back,chests heaving with exertion and sweat plastering their hair to their glistening faces.As they stood there with there gazes locked and tried to gather their waning strength,Xanatos made his next move.

"You've forgotten everything!You fight just like Jinn did,like a coward!" he spat in disgust.

Anakin saw the words hit Obi-Wan with brutal force,causing him to flinch in reaction.The first stirrings of Darkside energy seemed to seep through their training bond.Anakin drew in a harsh gasp as the fallen Jedi's plan appeared to be working.Xanatos was trying to goad Obi-Wan toward anger in the hope that the Jedi would resort to calling on the Darkside.

"Master," Anakin called out softly.

The sound of his Padawan's concerned voice seemed to steady Obi-Wan.Taking a deep breath he reached over his shoulder and a gleaming silver object flew into his left hand.Anakin and Xanatos both watched curiously as he brought the hand back down in front of him.A slight smile curled the edges of his mouth as he activated his Jedi lightsabre.

"It appears that I have outgrown your teaching... Master ," he said softly.

Before the older man could form a retort,Obi-Wan twirled both blades expertly.The instant Xanatos brought his red blade up once again,Obi-Wan sprang at him.

Anakin's mouth fell open in astonishment as he watched his Master wield both blades with more skill then most Jedi did a single weapon.The blinding speed of his moves forced Xanatos to dodge the blur of red and blue.It took all of Xanatos' considerable skill just to counter each well aimed strike.

Obi-Wan brought the blue blade over his head in a brutal strike,which Xanatos was just barely able to block.At the same instant the Jedi brought his red blade up from the opposite direction in what should have been a killing blow.

Somehow Xanatos was able to bring his leg up and drive a knee into Obi-Wan's sword arm,sending the red blade flying from his grasp.Shoving the smaller man back,his lips pulled back from his teeth in a snarl.

"You've never been a match for me little one," he hissed.

Lifting his hand in a quick move,Xanatos sent a burst of blue Force lightening at the younger man.Unable to bring his blade up in time to deflect it,Obi-Wan caught the full brunt of the bolt in the chest.

Anakin watched in wide eyed horror as his Master's body jerked and contorted in agony as the powerful electrical currents tore through him,damaging

7. astroanna

astroanna Jedi Master star 4

Jul 8, 2002
    [face_shocked]

"No, I didn't. My little brain isn't wired that way."

Well, I don't know exactly how your brain is wired, obi-ew, but I like it!!

:D

Wonderful, action-packed, and intense scene, obi-ew!

I know you don't like the action scenes, but you did this one perfectly!

"I kilt my Xan!"

Yes, you did, but you couldn't keep your Xan and kill your Obi, now could you?

I mean, who would you build a shrine to then?

:D 8-}

Wonderful work, obi-ew!!

:)

8. LuvEwan

LuvEwan Jedi Master star 4

Mar 24, 2002
    Yep, you certainly did kill your Xan! But it's not like he didn't deserve it. He did try to kill my Obi!!!

Of course, as you know, I would rather it went the other way, with Ani impaled. [face_blush]

Oh well. 8-}

And you didn't disappoint anyone, I'm sure, obi_ew. It was written exactly as I would want it to be. Regret and duty intermixed. Perfect. ;)

9. PaddyJuan

PaddyJuan Jedi Master star 4

Nov 15, 2002
    Oh so very well done. Not easy to kill off one of your characters.

And even if you killed off the evil Xan here, you still have the good Xan in Tears.

10. Nikita

Nikita Jedi Youngling star 3

Oct 14, 2001
    as sad as it is, I'm happy he died, he hurt Obi. If he had truly loved Obi, he wouldn't have tried to kill him.

:::muah::: kisses for our two jedi!

wonderful post

11. Cascadia

Cascadia Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 15, 2002
    Very exciting! And no, you didn't disappoint.

It was very appropriate that the Chosen One be the one to kill the Sith Lord. Wonderfully done, oe! :D

12. Jedi_Knight_Hunter

Jun 6, 2002
    *THUD*

Well...uh...yeah

I loved it,everything! Even Xani's death.

my thoughts aren't incredibly lucid right now as my hero is dead so back later.

One thing: Paper Cut and Crawling fit your Obi wonderfully!

13. CYNICAL21

CYNICAL21 Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 8, 2001
    Omigosh!!! APPLAUSE, APPLAUSE, APPLAUSE, STANDING OVATION!!!

Long-stemmed roses to the author.

Spectacular job, oe - beautiful, tragic final image.

I'm dumbstruck!

CYN

14. jedi_nayru

jedi_nayru Jedi Master star 1

Oct 4, 2002
    Wow! I can't believe you killed Xan!

I'm just glad Obi's safe now.

Great post, but then aren't they all?

15. Arldetta

Arldetta Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 19, 2002
    Xan kilt? Is he scottish too?? :p

Wonderful job yet again oe!!!! Ani saved Obi!!! That was interesting. But to loose Xan, will the darkness he planted now be dispersed? Or will Palpy take over with his own agendas???

Can't wait for the next one!!!! :D :D

16. obi_ew

Apr 14, 2002
    astro Thanks! :)

LE [face_blush] Aw shucks!

PaddyJuan Oh yes! I do still have my good Xan! :p

Nikita * kisses Obi too * [face_love]

Cas He's dead Cas ! :_|

JKH He's very much alive over at TOTS! :p

Cyn [face_blush] Thank you! Not over yet! Have a little surprise left! [face_devil]

jedi_nayru I can't believe it either! :( Thanks though! :)

Arldetta I wish! :D More questions then answers tomorrow! ;)

17. Sheila

Sheila Jedi Master star 4

Oct 6, 2002
    I don't know why you worry about the fight scenes, that was wonderfully written. I know you hate to kill Xan but he was the Sith in this story and he had the nerve to send blue lightening into Obi-Wan. :mad:

That was awesome oe . I am very curious about the next post. :)

18. Jedi_Suzuran

Jedi_Suzuran Jedi Knight star 5

May 22, 2002
    :_| :_| :_|

I knew that was coming, but still--!

*runs off crying*

19. Happy_Hobbit_Padawan

Happy_Hobbit_Padawan Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 3, 2003
    I love this fic! I love your descriptions, and the fight scene was great. I'm glad that Xan got what he deserved here, but sad because you're so good at writing him! :)

I know this was a bunch of posts back, but I though this line was cool: Anakin's eyes studied the cold emotionless face in front of him. Suddenly it was as if a veil had lifted and he could see the face inside. Had you written the fic before you created the title?

Did I read right -- the fic's not over yet, is it? :)

20. PadawanKitara

PadawanKitara Jedi Grand Master star 5

Dec 31, 2001
    lovely. bye bye sexy Xan #1

21. Red_Jedi_Knight

Red_Jedi_Knight Jedi Youngling star 3

May 7, 2002
    wait wait is that it?!?!?! is that all you are writting on this?!?! ohh cruel fate!!!! please do we get a happy ending?? maybe please?!? please!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    loved it other wise!

22. Jedi_Knight_Hunter

Jun 6, 2002
    Ok, now I can respond somewhat intelligently, so much as I ever can. I can't really respond to the post, but I just wanted to say that I really think that the song does Obi justice...it fits him and the story perfectly!

23. Shaindl

Shaindl Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 18, 2002
    Awesome, marvellous, fantastic, heartbreaking.

All applicable words here, OE! You did a wonderful job with that scene. Death scenes - especially those of a favourite character - can never be easy to write. You did it beautifully.

And way to go Anakin! You finally did something I can like you for!

Can't wait to see how this all wraps up.

Shaindl

PS: Now that you've killed off Xan, does it mean I can kill off Garen? [face_devil]

24. Aquas_Knight

Aquas_Knight Jedi Youngling star 2

Jan 12, 2002

ditto to what she said ^

25. obi_ew

Apr 14, 2002
    Sheila But..but he's my Xan! :_| I may have you all shaking your heads after what comes next! :D

JS :_| * follows Padawan off of the boards *

Happy_Hobbit_Padawan * looks at new reader suspiciously * Your not really JKH trying to trick me again are you? If not then WELCOME! :) Title actually came to mind after the original first 6 chapters were written. You have 2 or three more posts left! ;)

Padawan_Kitara He's dead! :(

RJK Happy ending? I would call it that! :)

JKH Aw thanks! :)

Shaindl I don't miss this Xan as much as I would one of my nice one's! :D Noooo!!!! You can't kill Garen! It's prohibited by law! :(

Aquas :)

CHAPTER FIFTY-FIVE

Anakin studied the intricate model of a Jedi starfighter that was displayed in the center of the room with quiet admiration.Whoever had put it together had done so with obvious love and attention to detail.He turned to comment on it to his Master but the words died in his throat.

Obi-Wan stood gazing out of the window at the lovely garden that had been cultivated there.The older Jedi had changed after the final confrontation with Xanatos.He was quieter and more introspective then he had been before.Anakin also sensed that his rebellious streak had strenghtened also.

A fact that would no doubt only cause more clashes with the Council in the years ahead.Allthough they hadn't discussed it,Anakin knew that Obi-Wan held the Council partly responsible for Anakin's capture and torture.

The dissention between his Master and the Council had only widened when Obi-Wan learned that the Republic was taking control of Xanatos' impressive army.Palpatine and his minions in the Senate would have access to a weapon that could bring down the Old Republic,and with the Council's blessing.

The sound of the door opening drew both of their attentions.Turning,they smiled in delight at the figure who stood watching them.Luminara grinned before rushing into Obi-Wan's outstretched arms.Anakin glanced away in order to give them privacy as they held one another tightly.

She had been gone for nearly five years.Over that time they had received and sent correspondance,but had not seen her in person.Due to that fact it had come as a surprise to them both when the Council had dispatched them to meet her on her sanctuary.

Pulling back finally,she studied Obi-Wan's face intently.Reaching up she gently brushed the strands of silver that now streaked his russet hair at both temples,a constant reminder of his battle with Xanatos.Meeting his stare,she saw sadness lurking in the blue-grey eyes.

"I'm so sorry about Xani," she finally said softly.

A fleeting pain moved through his gaze before long lashes swept down to conceal it.

"It's I who should be apologizing to you.You loved him," he reminded her.

A quilty look clouded her unique features.

"Not in the way you think.I cared for him and am saddened for what he became at the end.You should hold no quilt in your heart for me,my friend," she assured him.

Anakin could see that her words lifted a weight from his shoulders.Luminara turned to him with a surprised look.

"This tall handsome young man can't be your little Padawan!" she exclaimed.

The two Jedi Master's laughed when Anakin blushed furiously at her teasing comment. Moving forward,Luminara embraced him tightly.

"It's good to see you again Anakin,"she told him.

"Likewise Master Luminara," he replied.

Releasing him,she turned a sombre face toward Obi-Wan.

"I'm sure you're wondering why the Council sent you here,"she said.

Obi-Wan inclined his head.

"They would tell us nothing,"he told her.

She sighed heavily,worry flooding her eyes.Anakin could see his own unease mirrored on Obi-Wan's face.

"I've spent the last few years training a young Force sensitive.He is incredibly strong in the Force,Obi-Wan.Anakin is the only Jedi I know of who surpasses his abilities," she shared.

Obi-Wan frowned