main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Saga The Face Inside -AU-Xani/Ani/Obi Updated 2/20/03 COMPLETE!

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by obi_ew, Dec 30, 2002.

1. Jedi_Suzuran

Jedi_Suzuran Jedi Knight star 5

May 22, 2002
    [face_laugh] Ani being Xani's defender, I like that.

I'm in the minority here, since I happen to love Anakin, but I think you're writing him well, master.

*prepares to be killed* :_|

But he didn't want her Padawan .

I know he didn't want her, but still! She was in a good place, if briefly. :p

Xan has other interests !

:eek: :eek: I'm sooooooooooooo not gonna answer that, for fear of being banned. :p

2. obi_ew

obi_ew Jedi Master star 5

Apr 14, 2002
    Sheila Now that is a Jedi Master! [face_love] Yes isn't he though?

astroanna Insignificant?I think not. You're right! :D

Bekah_K :) I enjoy them when they are bonding also!

Robiwankenobi Nope! You're not alone! :D ungrateful little rodent [face_laugh]

PaddyJuan It's probably not PC to blech your own fic but Anakin just does that to me! ;)

Jedi_Suzuran Padawan I just realized something very disturbing about you.You are drawn to the Darkside! :eek: First Palpy,then Xan and now Anakin! :D

Xan's interest may surprise you! ;)

CHAPTER SEVEN

Anakin stepped off of the aircab and pulled his jacket tight.Reaching up he made sure his cap safely covered his Padawan cut,before joining the jostling crowds that filled the street.

He allowed the press of bodies to sweep him along until he spotted a familiar glowing red sign up ahead.Squeezing through the mass of people he stopped in front of the diner and hesitated at the door.

That hated inner voice was screaming in his ear,telling him what a bad idea this was.He was deliberately disobeying his Master's wishes and he had no one but himself to blame.

He had been the one to contact Xanatos and arrange to meet him here.And what in blazes had prompted him to suggest this place out of all the diners on Coruscant?

But then that other voice in the back of his head reminded him of the fallen Jedi's appeal.Here was a man who had known not only Qui-Gon Jinn,but his Master for a good portion of his life.He had loved,learned,hated and fought the two men who had come to play such pivotal roles in Anakin's young life.

Xanatos deCrion was the key to unlocking the secrets that Obi-Wan Kenobi kept hidden from his apprentice.

His decision made,Anakin pushed through the door.A quick glance around was all it took to spot the fallen Jedi.He stuck out in the crowd of diners like a Hutt at a Jedi Council meeting.

Handsome in a cold brooding sort of way,he had an innate elegance that set him apart from the average patron.Then there was that nameless something that drew you to him in spite of your initial feelings of wariness.

Darkness cloaked in temptation.

The cold blue eyes slowly drifted over the clientele as he took a drink.When they settled on Anakin, a smile curved his full mouth and he gestured for the boy to join him.

Giving himself an inward shrug,Anakin made his way over to the table and slid into the booth across from him.

"Hello Xanatos."He greeted the fallen Jedi.

"Anakin.I have to admit I was surprised to hear from you." Xanatos confided as he pushed a menu toward the boy. "My treat."

Thrilled by the offer,Anakin became engrossed in the vast selection of delicacies available.Fighting back a grin,Xanatos waited patiently for him to make a choice.

"What can I get for you sweetie?" A soft voice spoke into the silence.

Looking up,Anakin saw a young human woman standing by the table with a small datapad,waiting to take his order.When she ofered him a small smile he blushed furiously.She was pretty,with deep brown eyes and hair like Padme's.

Too shy to address her directly,he pointed at a drink loaded with sugar.Punching it in she turned to eye Xanatos with barely concealed interest.

"Anything else for you handsome?" She inquired softly.

"No." Xanatos said dismissively without taking his attention away from Anakin.

The Jedi Padawan watched her face fall as she reluctantly moved away.He turned to meet the icy blue eyes across from him.

"I think she liked you."Anakin shared.

Xanatos shrugged in disinterest.

"She's not my type." Xanatos told him.

Anakin's gaze once again drifted to the waitress as she waited for an order.She continued to send the fallen Jedi wanting looks.

"How can you be sure?" Anakin asked curiously.

Xanatos gave him a small smile before turning in the young woman's direction.When she realized he was staring at her piercingly,she blushed bright red and dropped the tray of food she had just picked

3. obi_ew

Apr 14, 2002
    :mad: Damn double posty!

4. astroanna

astroanna Jedi Master star 4

Jul 8, 2002
    Oooooooooooooooooooooo, not good at all!

:(

Ani just doesn't know what's good for him, does he?

I mean, Obi-Wan begs him, begs him, to stay away from Xan, but does he?

Oh, nooooooooooooooooooooooo.....

*sigh*

He's just asking for something bad to happen, and poor Obi-Wan probably won't know what's going on until it's too late....

Nope, not good at all.....

Good post, obi-ew!

:)

5. Jedi_Suzuran

May 22, 2002
    Anakin should speak up, but he won't. :p

You are drawn to the Darkside!

Um, yeah. [face_blush] Does that mean you'll ditch me as your padawan? :_| :eek: :(

Darkness cloaked in temptation.

:D :D :D [face_love] [face_love] [face_love] That's all that needs to be said about that. ;)

6. LuvEwan

LuvEwan Jedi Master star 4

Mar 24, 2002
    Those words describing Xani near the beginning of the post were right on!!! ;)

And I'm sure Ani has more in mind to learn from Xani besides some background on his master... I think there's some darkness budding in him already.

:mad: Ugh. I hate Bratakin.

Loved the post, however! [face_love]

7. Jedi_Knight_Hunter

Jedi_Knight_Hunter Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 6, 2002
    "She's not my type." Xanatos told him.

no, she's not Obi.

Dex, he's not bad news... he's a nummy treat!

So naive, the brat is...such a pity... that means he'll have to die (right?)

8. Padawan_Travina

Padawan_Travina Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 5, 2002
    **delurking**

Ok you made me do it...I was going for a lurking streak here and you made me break it...

sigh....

Oh well...Great chapter and ya know I think when Obi-Wan finds out what just happened...we will have one ticked off jedi on our hands....

Cant wait to read more....please update again soon...

PT-who goes back into lurking mode...

9. Cascadia

Cascadia Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 15, 2002
    You're welcome for the 'up' back on Thanksgiving. :) Everyday posts sound great!

So Anakin's being a dope. I agree that there's some darkness in the boy that wants out. True to character, Anakin thinks his ideas are better Obi-Wan's and won't listen.

10. Sheila

Sheila Jedi Master star 4

Oct 6, 2002
    I believe Obi-Wan needs to shorten his padawan's leash just a bit. The kid is already getting on my nerves for I know he is only going to cause poor Obi-Wan more heartache. Xan hit a goldmine when the Jedi let Ani into their ranks. :(

Great post oe .

11. obi_ew

Apr 14, 2002
    astroanna :) Thanks!

Jedi_Suzuran NEVER! You are the bestest Padawan ever! [face_love]

LuvEwan ;) You may be right!

JKH no,she's not Obi [face_laugh] You're just bound and determined to get them together aren't you? nummy treat If only he existed! :p

PT BAD PT! Lurking at my fic! :D

Cas Anakin will be....well Anakin! :p

Sheila :eek: Shorten his Padawan's life? [face_plain] OH LEASH! :D I agree!

Is this fic dragging allready? [face_plain] Just wondering. :(

CHAPTER EIGHT - Three years later

A face watches everytime I lie
    A face laughs everytime I fall
    { And watches everything }
    Papercut-Linkin Park

Cold deep blue eyes watched from the shadowed alcove as the young Jedi Padawan talked exuberantly with the street vendor.The boy had been conjoling the shop owner for a good fifteen minutes but appeared to be no closer to making a deal.

Finally his shoulders slumped and with obvious reluctance he set the object he'd held in his hand down.Blue eyes shot the merchant a final wounded look before the boy slowly turned to leave.

Anakin had only gone a few steps before a figure moved to block his path.Glancing up in curiousity,his face broke into a warm smile when he saw who it was.

"Hi Xanatos!" He greeted the former Jedi happily.

"Hello Anakin." Xanatos said before glancing back at the vendor.

"Doing some shopping?"He inquired.

A dissappointed frown clouded the boy's bright face.

"I was trying to!It's Master Obi-Wan's birthday tomorrow and I found the perfect gift but it's too expensive.The shop keeper won't go any lower though."He explained in dejection.

"Show me."Xanatos urged him."Maybe I can help you out."

Indecision ate briefly at the boy's conscience but eventually he gave in and lead the former Jedi back to the stall.

As Anakin reached down to grab the object,Xanatos leveled the owner with a cold stare that promised retribution if the boy wasn't made happy.The man dropped his gaze to the lightsabre that was visible underneath the black robe and slowly moved away to give them privacy.

By the time Anakin looked up at him,Xanatos' expression had resettled into warm lines.

"Do you think he'd like it?" The boy asked worriedly.

Studying the object curiously,Xanatos shrugged.

"What is it?" He asked.

Anakin rolled his eyes before explaining.

"It's a Mylta crystal.The legend says they bring the owner a long life.I thought he could put it on his lightsabre hilt."

Xanatos watched as the boy held the stone directly in the sunlight.

"Notice anything about this particular one?" Anakin asked slyly.

As the suns rays hit the crystal,it began to glow in a kaleidoscope of colors.

"His eyes." Xanatos breathed.

Anakin nodded and smiled proudly.

"I noticed it the moment I saw it!" He announced.

He once again set the precious crystal down and sighed softly.

"Oh well.He probably wouldn't have liked it anyway." He said sadly.

"Nonsense!" Xanatos exclaimed. "He'd love it.Let me give you the money you need."

Anakin was torn by the man's offer.He really wanted to get the crystal for his Master but a part of him was uneasy about accepting help from Xanatos.Not because he didn't trust the fallen Jedi,but because he knew how Obi-Wan would feel about it.

You've been spending alot of time with the man anyway!What does it matter if you accept his help? That voice inside his head asked.

Noting the boy's indecison,Xanatos gave his shoulder a gentle squeeze.

"He'll never know I helped you Anakin.Plus if it will make you feel better you can pay me back." He offered.

Anakin chewed on his lower lip for a few seconds before making a decision.

"Okay.But I will pay you back!" He assured the man.

Smiling faintly,Xanatos turned to pay the still nervous shop owner.Anakin watched in curiousity when the fallen Jedi added something to his order.The man quickly slipped it into his pocket before he could see wha

12. astroanna

astroanna Jedi Master star 4

Jul 8, 2002
    Ooooooooooooooooooooo...

(I seem to be saying that a lot lately, huh? 8-})

Nice work, obi-ew!

Dragging!? Ummmmmmmmmmmmmmm, I don't think so!!

This fic is paced perfectly, IMO....

OK, on to the post....

Anakin is just digging himself in deeper, now, isn't he? He has just put himself in Xanatos's debt, despite the "I promise to pay you back" statement...

[face_plain]

Oh, and one more thing....

Can you by any chance get me the name of the place that sells that crystal that's the color of Obi-Wan's (Ewan's) eyes?

That'd be great....

[face_love]

*sigh*

OK, I'm done now! 8-}

Great work, obi-ew!

:)

13. Padawan_Travina

Padawan_Travina Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 5, 2002
    Ah hell..

Thats it I am giving up on lurking when it comes to these boards....it does not work...

I sure hope that dear old Xani does not show up at Obi's B-day party...or that he finds out who really bought the jewel....

And Can I have one of those jewels please????????/

PT

14. CYNICAL21

CYNICAL21 Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 8, 2001
    You guys can have the crystals; I'm holding out for the original - and to see how those incredible eyes flash with fury when Master learns what bratty, disobedient padawan has been up to.

Good job, oe - and beautifully paced. And I'm still looking forward to all those fantastic images that evoke thoughts that - AHEM - never mind. You know what I mean. [face_love]

CYN

15. LuvEwan

LuvEwan Jedi Master star 4

Mar 24, 2002
    The crystals were a beautiful detail, obi_ew, even if it was noticed initially by Ani! 8-} This story is not dragging at all, I just hope it doesn't go by too fast, for I am enjoying it immensely.

Great work, obi_ew. You have a lot of talent! :D

16. Cascadia

Cascadia Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 15, 2002
    Nicely done, oe. Well paced and engaging as we see how Anakin is slowly becoming more attached to Xanatos. And what a beautiful crystal it must be. [face_love]

More soon! :D

17. Jedi_Suzuran

May 22, 2002
    *shakes finger at master*

It is not dragging and you know it! :mad:

Why do I get the unholy image of Father Xani when he and Ani are interacting? ?[face_plain] Hmm...

;)

18. Robiwankenobi

Robiwankenobi Jedi Youngling star 1

Sep 10, 2002
    I think Obi needs to put a serious boot in Anakin's... well, you know what I mean.

Anyhoo, those were a good couple of posts, and I don't think this story is slowing at all.

Oh, and happy birthday Obi!!!! (I'm such a dork.) ;)

19. Nikita

Nikita Jedi Youngling star 3

Oct 14, 2001
    well this gem was hiding! Another Xan/Obi story! You don't know how excited i am! They're my fav! But I refuse to believe that Xan is as truly evil as he seems to be here...

So far it's great... I can't wait for more!

~*Nikita*~

20. obi_ew

Apr 14, 2002
    astroanna Anakin will be digging his hole for some time! ;)

PT :) I'm thrilled you gave up that bad habit!

Cyn I promise those images and thoughts are in the not too distant future! :p

LuvEwan That darn crystal pops up quite a few times! [face_mischief] [face_blush] I feel the same way about you and your writing talents!

Cas Hum.I was worried there was way too much Ani and not enough Obi but I guess that was the whole point of your bunny wasn't it? :D

Jedi_Suzuran [face_plain] :( :_| Bye Padawan! Me and Xan will be waiting for your return!

Robiwankenobi You are not a dork! Glad I haven't run you off yet! :)

Nikita :eek: I was wondering where you were! Glad you found me and are enjoying.Xan is certainly different here then he was in Dust ! ;)

21. Jedi_Knight_Hunter

Jun 6, 2002
    *sighs*

stupid naive boy, go back to Tatooine where you belong...

I wonder how, Obi would react if Xani crashed the party.

well ok I probably know( and it wouldn't be pretty)

22. obi_ew

Apr 14, 2002
    JKH Xan won't be crashing the party! BUT He and Obi have a moment in Thursday's posty! :)

23. Sheila

Sheila Jedi Master star 4

Oct 6, 2002
    Shorten his Padawan's life? OH LEASH! I agree! [face_laugh]

So three years have gone by and Anakin's best friend is a Sith. He really has great instincts doesn't he. Poor Obi-Wan. I guess we will get to see those beautiful eyes crackling and changing color when he realizes the level of deception his little Padawan is capable of. :(

Great post oe . I am an avid Ani hater but do not feel like you have too much Anakin here. The story seems right on target with the pace. Especially since you are spoiling us AGAIN with daily posts. :D

24. PadawanKitara

PadawanKitara Jedi Grand Master star 5

Dec 31, 2001
    I'm not really an Anakin hater, but I like the idea of shortening his life, um I mean leash! :D And what did Xani give to the shopkeeper?

25. Jedi_Knight_Hunter

Jun 6, 2002
    *lookin forward to thursday's post!*