main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

"The Face of the Enemy" ~ Jedi Apprentice sequel

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction Stories--Classic JC Board (Reply-Only)' started by Lwyn'nya Kenobi, Aug 2, 1999.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hiroko01

Hiroko01 Jedi Youngling star 3

Dec 14, 1998
    I'll talk to Obi-Wan...

That was awesome, Lwyn'. But- but- no! Didn't Yoda tell him to go? How can he let this happen after he told Obi-Wan to go? Yeah, it was a stupid thing to do, but he ended up saving a whole bunch of lives, I think he deserves a little pat on the back or something. Bastuds.

2. Rhui2

Rhui2 Jedi Youngling

Oct 29, 1999
    Oops
    Finish the story and we will let you have your life back...
    for a little while...

[This message has been edited by Rhui2 (edited 11-04-1999).]

3. Rhui2

Rhui2 Jedi Youngling

Oct 29, 1999
    Argh!!!!!
    I don't believe it, I wanna slap Qui-Gon!
    A first!

4. Obi-Wannabe

Obi-Wannabe Jedi Youngling star 2

Jun 4, 1999
    It's not Qui-Gon's fault, Obi's just thinking too many dark things.

Now you're just being mean. Finish, already!

5. Amidala22

Amidala22 Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 20, 1999
    AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!

*sinks to the floor and silently waits and hopes for more*

[This message has been edited by Amidala22 (edited 11-04-1999).]

6. Usako

Usako Jedi Youngling

Sep 26, 1999
    Qui-Gon didn't even visit him? What could he possibly be thinking?!?! I look forward to finding out! I can't wait to see Master and Padawan back together.

7. Kit'

Kit' Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 30, 1999
    Broken, trembling, Kithera's legs gave out on her as she sunk to the floor, her forehead
    pressed against the cool glass, hand clutching the computer screen with tears silently slipping down her pale face.

Sorry Lwyn',kinda borrowed that bit from you, but I'm crying over here. Maybe I have too much empathy for characters. Oh that was so sad. Hiroko I'll team up with you I don't care if we get kicked out of the temple we'll go talk to Obi-wan.

See ya
    Kit'

8. Jedi Obi-Wan Kenobi

Jedi Obi-Wan Kenobi Jedi Youngling star 2

Jul 14, 1999
    *sniff sniff*
    Poor Obi!
    *wipes tears from her eyes*
    Oh man! Okay, now Qui was pretty injured too, so maybe something's up with him, otherwise......Qui-Gon's crusin' for a brusin' from me personally

9. Jedi Gryph Grin

Jedi Gryph Grin Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 25, 1999
    OK, I'm done sobbing now....no, waitaminute...I'm better now...no, waitaminute...I think I'm better...nope!

10. Jedi Gryph Grin

Sep 25, 1999
    OOPS, double post, my bad.

[This message has been edited by Jedi Gryph Grin (edited 11-04-1999).]

[This message has been edited by Jedi Gryph Grin (edited 11-04-1999).]

11. Lwyn`nya Kenobi

Lwyn`nya Kenobi Jedi Youngling star 2

Oct 19, 1999
    ((*grumbles at the server*

Okay! Here's more! )))

"I guess I thought
    You'd be here forever
    Another illusion I chose to create
    You don't know what you've got
    Until its gone
    And I found out a little too late-"

~ "Hard Habit To Break" by Chicago

"Wounds," Yoda said. "Come before me you do thinking about wounds."

Qui-Gon shook himself out of the quagmire of his thoughts to face his old, venerable Master. He drew his attention back to where he was, sitting in an old dais in Master Yoda's quarters. While it was true that the Jedi lived a life of simplicity, which practically outlawed any indulgement, Qui-Gon had to admit that the Masters definitely got preference on that rule. Yoda's quarters were quaint, simple, and yet lavish in their beauty. The room was composed of four walls, one of which was glass that led to the terrace outside covered in lush plants that the venerable Master watered and cared for daily. The room was adorned only with simple furniture, but the artwork of the furniture brought a silent beauty to the room.

"What?"

"Wounds of the body...or the mind," Yoda added quietly, then turned his green eyes to him. "Wonder why I have summoned you here do you?"

Qui-Gon called all of his Jedi training forward to keep his grumbling inaudible to the sensitive ears of the Elder. It wasn't the first time that Yoda's lessons made his head ache. And whereas he had the patience to stand it before, he had to admit that he was at a loss to explain why his patience had deserted him to the point of annoyance.

"'Wounds of the mi-'?" he started to repeat, then gave up when his temples throbbed. "Nevermind. Yes. Why did you call me, Master?"

"Desire a talk with my former apprentice did I." There was not a glint of humor in his eyes as he said it.

Mentally sighing to himself, the Jedi Master reined in his fleeting patience and training. Qui-Gon knew, from the look in Yoda's eyes, when he had pushed the limit.

Instantly his featured changed from irritable to respectful. "What concerns you, Master?"

Yoda eyed him for a moment, then replied, "Walk with me, Qui-Gon."

Qui-Gon let his eyes drift close as he breathed in the plants, the air, the sunlight. He had always been a lover of nature. Mother Nature could work a magic on him unlike anything else he experienced before.

As Yoda's apprentice, he loved coming out here, walking the veranda, absorbing the life and beauty he found here. It was something he hoped to share with an apprentice, show them how so much life existed in something as simple and as overlooked as a plant. And yet none of them had understood, or just simply didn't want to see. And the only one to come close to comprehending was-

"Come to me you do with wounds on your mind. Wounds which are not your own and yet are. Know do you whose they are?"

Once again, Qui-Gon grumbled his displeasure under his breath. He prided himself on his wisdom and intelligence and hated it when he couldn't instantly know what others in a higher authority were speaking of.

"I'm afraid not, my Master."

Yoda looked away. "Afraid of this, I was...Qui-Gon Jinn, by order of the Jedi Council, relax you must. Bite you I cannot. Claim you do that you do not know of these wounds. Claim I do that you do. Wrong, who is?"

Qui-Gon sighed, but kept his lips from twitching into a smile at his Master's wry humor.

"Apparently, once again, it is I who am wrong," Qui-Gon replied with something more than a hint of sarcasm. Was he never to escape the questioning looks and reproaching glances of other Masters in regards to his decision with Obi-Wan??

Indignation started to boil within him. And what right did Yoda have to reprimand him, if this was what his whole cryptic speech of wounds were all about?!? It was his order that Obi-Wan had disobeyed in the first place!

Yoda shook his head. "Feel your emotions I can--so, know you do. Qui-Gon, whose wounds are they?"

Qui-Gon sighed and risked a guess. Why not? It seemed to be the only thing the other Jedi Masters would talk to him

12. Jaro

Jaro Jedi Youngling star 1

Sep 1, 1999
    Excellent! I can't wait for the confrontation!

13. Jedi Obi-Wan Kenobi

Jul 14, 1999
    Qui-Gon searched his mind. Yes. Pride. It had to have been.
    Why else?

Geez, I dunno. Maybe he wanted to save your life or something...nah. Pride, yes. That's the ticket

Nice job once again Can't wait for the conclusion

14. Hiroko01

Hiroko01 Jedi Youngling star 3

Dec 14, 1998
  15. Usako

Usako Jedi Youngling

Sep 26, 1999
    Grrr.... Qui-Gon! That guy really does have a thick skull at times, doesn't he? How can he still be so callous towards Obi? I hope he gets the sense *knocked* into him!

Another wonderful installment! Can't wait to read how you resolve this conflict. You'll go easy on our poor Obi, won't you? I feel so bad for him now.

Can't wait to read some more of your talented writing!

16. Lwyn`nya Kenobi

Lwyn`nya Kenobi Jedi Youngling star 2

Oct 19, 1999
    ((((MUST LISTEN TO THIS FILE!!

http://www.colba.net/~qbtqbt/audio/ram/why.ram http://www.colba.net/~qbtqbt/audio/ram/why.ram ~ Must have RealAudio.

Or this one!!
    http://www.colba.net/~qbtqbt/audio/ram/without.ram http://www.colba.net/~qbtqbt/audio/ram/without.ram ~ same thing

If you don't have it, download it free here http://www.realaudio.com http://www.realaudio.com )))
    "I may be mad
    I may be blind
    I may be viciously unkind
    But I can still read what you're thinking
    And I've heard it said too many times
    That 'you'd be better off' besides
    'Why can't you see this boat is sinking?'"
    ~ "Why" by Annie Lennox

"I thought the healers restricted you to complete bedrest."

Obi-Wan jumped, startled at Qui-Gon's voice from his doorway behind him. Never before had his Master caught him unaware before. Like the glimpse of light that used to adorn his mind, he always used to know where his Master was.

Used to.

Willing his hands to stop shaking, he tried to face Qui-Gon with dignity and resolve, but his eyes just couldn't meet the cold steel of his former Master's. Giving a mental sigh of misery, he turned back to his pack on his bed, collecting his things. His room didn't hold much, just some treasured items found on missions that he and Qui-Gon had been on. A draigon's tooth from the strange water planet that he had crashlanded the Monument on. A dried flower from Phindar. A chipped piece from a elegant tea cup from Gala.

Since when do you care?! he desperate wanted to snap back, but he already knew the answer to that one. Qui-Gon didn't care. He just wanted him secured somewhere before his eviction, so he couldn't run off to other worlds and botch other missions.

His eyes felt hot and itchy once again.

"They did," Obi-Wan answered, keeping his voice flat and cool, less it broke. He had suffered pain and agony the whole trip. But to let Qui-Gon know exactly how much he hurt him was a greater torture . . . and it was the only card he held.

Silence spread for an uneasy moment as Obi-Wan kept his back to the Jedi Master leaning on the open doorway to his room. He kept himself busy packing his few worldly possession, trying to not make a big display of how much he was fussing with them, to keep his hands from trembling.

Not here. Not now!

Qui-Gon just watched him for a long moment before speaking. "The Council has agreed that-"

"-that in two more days, I am to be removed from the Temple," he finished Qui-Gon's sentence, failing to keep the bitterness out of his voice. "You need not tell me, Mas . . . Qui-Gon. I have been so advised." Damn it, Qui-Gon, why are you doing this to me??

The Jedi Master kept his face still as stone. That wasn't quite what he was going to say. "Then why-?"

"I thought to spare everyone the unnecessary formalities and leave quietly," Obi-Wan answered, organizing his things in his bag, refusing to look Qui-Gon in the eye. A vial of crystalwater from Uulia. A book chip for his datapad from the Bards in Rychanda. His river stone-

The color draining from his face, Obi-Wan's hand closed around the river stone, the first gift that Qui-Gon had given him to mark the celebration of his becoming an Apprentice. Obi-Wan cherished the rock, taking it with him everywhere. No matter where he was, he could always feel the Force through it, warm

17. Jedi Gryph Grin

Sep 25, 1999
    That freakin' server...I know there was more there last night. I can't lash out at the author or the admins. Waitaminute...1...2...3...4...5 (according to the Hitchikers Guide, counting slowly at a server is the same as walking up to a human and saying "blood...blood.." *grin*

18. Jedi Gryph Grin

Sep 25, 1999
    Double

[This message has been edited by Jedi Gryph Grin (edited 11-08-1999).]

19. Amarice

Amarice Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 13, 1999
    I think all these missing posts have something to do with all the "maintenance" they've been doing. Every time the board is down, we lose some posts.

20. Usako

Usako Jedi Youngling

Sep 26, 1999
    Acckkk!!!! What's going on? Why is it deleting posts? Now I can't even access the last installment of the story!

21. Jaro

Jaro Jedi Youngling star 1

Sep 1, 1999
    Hi. Here's the rest of the last post.
    ******************************************************************************
    The color draining from his face, Obi-Wan's hand closed around the river stone, the first gift that Qui-Gon had given him to mark the celebration of his becoming an Apprentice. Obi-Wan cherished the rock, taking it with him everywhere. No matter where he was, he could always feel the Force through it, warming him like the pulse of a heartbeat.

Now it just lie cold and lifeless in his hand.

Lost in his world of misery and self-torment, Obi-Wan barely heard Qui-Gon addressing him again, this time cold and insistent.

". . . did you do it?," he was demanding, "You deliberately disobeyed both the Council and myself and nearly placed everyone in danger, and for what?? To salvage your own pride??"

"Pride?!?" Obi-Wan whirled on him, eyes flashing, voice soft but ungodly strong. He had no problem looking Qui-Gon in the eye now. In fact his eyes held his former Master's with fierce diligence. "Is that what you truly believe?!? That I risked so much for the foolish sake of 'pride'??"

Qui-Gon just stood there, locked somewhere between shock and anger. So, in his silence, Obi-Wan continued, clutching the river stone till his hand bled. "Do you remember the lesson you taught me just before you left? 'Sometimes you can't weigh the pros and con's before making a decision. Sometimes you just have to 'do'. And that's what I did."

A small webwork of blood dripped down from his shaking fist, but Obi-Wan was oblivious of the pain. If it was his destiny to be cast out from the Jedi for his actions, then so be it. But he would die before he ever let Qui-Gon believe that he would risk so much over something so paltry as wounded pride!

But Qui-Gon was hardly going to just stand there and take it. Instead he stepped out of the doorway and into Obi-Wan's room, his eyes livid. "It amazes me," he lambasted back, "that you would twist my lessons into some kind of excuse for your actions! I should have known you would-"

"'Know' me?!?" Obi-Wan repeated, his eyes wide and jaw slack with shock and disbelief. He unconsciously stepped back, as if Qui-Gon had slapped him. His mouth moved as if to form words, but only stunned silence came forth. "You . . . you really believe that I would . . .??" Time hung in the air for a moment, until Obi-Wan grabbed his bag from the bed and shouldered it. The stunned disbelief and hurt whisked away from his face only to be replaced with deep sorrow and disappointment. "I'm sorry, Master, but if you believe that I would risk everything just for the sake of my own pride, then you don't know me at all!"

And with that, he turned and quickly vacated his room, leaving the Jedi Master standing there in a wash of conflicted emotion.

For a long moment, Qui-Gon just stood there, lost somewhere between furious and bewilderment. He had no idea exactly how long he had been standing there, when the small patter of feet accented with tiny taps announced the arrival of the diminutive Jedi Master Yoda.

"Correct, your assumptions were, Qui-Gon?" Yoda asked, tone flat and impersonal.

Qui-Gon, lost in his shock, completely disregarded what he had said. "Master! Did you see . . .?!? He just . . . .?!? How dare he-!?!"

A small rap of his gimer stick on the ground brought Qui-Gon's out of his incoherent ranting and returned his attention back to the Elder. "Kneel before me, Qui-Gon. Explain to you, I shall."

Still bewildered and upset, Qui-Gon obediently kneeled before his Master.

WHACK!!

"Ow!!" No less surprised, Qui-Gon rubbed the back of his head where Yoda's gimer stick had struck him. "That was unnecessary!"

"Hmph! So believes the man who refuses to seek the truth!" Yoda berated him, shaking his gimer stick at the taller Jedi Master. "Thought I did, that I had taught a wiser Jedi! Obvious it is now, that wiser your Padawan is!"

"What?" Qui-Gon asked, then flinched as the wildly wielded gimer stick waved at him. He rubbed the back of his head, feeling the lump already growing there.

"T

22. Jedi Obi-Wan Kenobi

Jul 14, 1999
    And now young server, you will die.

Way to go, Jaro Once again the evil server is defeated

BTW, can't wait for more story!

23. Trika_Kenobi

Trika_Kenobi Jedi Grand Master star 6

Nov 4, 1999
    *Feels the Dark Side swell within...a simple strike of a lightsaber...the server gone for good and replaced...yes...replaced...*
    *Snaps awake screaming...*

"Brushes with the Dark Side"
    By: Trika Kenobi

24. KSkywalker

KSkywalker Jedi Grand Master star 3

Aug 7, 1998
    Waah! I thought there would be a new update today. You're killing us here, you know that don't you?

25. Celes

Celes Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 8, 1999
    Must we beg???

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.