main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

"The Face of the Enemy" ~ Jedi Apprentice sequel

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction Stories--Classic JC Board (Reply-Only)' started by Lwyn'nya Kenobi, Aug 2, 1999.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Durga2000

Durga2000 Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 5, 1999
    Masterfully written....

2. Celes

Celes Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 8, 1999
    I hate seeing it end, but yet, what an ending! Thank you master storyteller!

3. anijj

anijj Jedi Youngling

Aug 16, 1999
    This was such a great story!!! I would love to see what happens with Ann'hae. Please put in a prologue.

4. Celes

Celes Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 8, 1999
    Back to the top!

5. Lalika

Lalika Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 16, 1999
    http://indigo.ie/~owenc/sleep.gif poor, Ann'hae's waiting to go home. Actually people, I think we should let her complete her "The Dark side of the Truth first" then we'll take this begging show on the road..

6. kalika

kalika Jedi Youngling

Nov 24, 1999
    What no post?{Uses force to fling chairs around}Please post I am begging you.;}

7. Jaro

Jaro Jedi Youngling star 1

Sep 1, 1999
    So, uh... how about that Epilogue?

8. Lwyn`nya Kenobi

Lwyn`nya Kenobi Jedi Youngling star 2

Oct 19, 1999
    Epilogue

"And then I saw ANOTHER one!" Ann'hae rambled on with childish zeal as she recounted the story for Qui-Gon, who sat patienty, watching the child waving her arms chaotically to give special drama to her stories. Obi-Wan simply hung back from the two, steering the small ship on its way back to Chelest 4 to reunite Ann'hae and her mother, a smirk on his face.

It looked like everything turned out alright after all, he thought to himself. Once news of Xa'lor's attack on the Jedi Temple reached the Senate, they took immediate action in removing Cegan Got from office, placing him under Coruscant arrest for his crimes. Those of his army that hadn't committed suicide to evade prosecution were locked away with him. Once gone, the Chelestians and the Aryslians had held quick treaty negotiations and adopted Arysta Kii as their new Thelan. The once war-ravished land was quick on its way to healing.

"And . . . and it was walking in the hallways, and I TURNED around from the path in the ceiling and KICKED him STRAIGHT in the head!!"

//You're enjoying this, aren't you Padawan?//

Biting his lower lip to suppress a guilty, and embarassing giggle, Obi-Wan tried hard not to laugh at his Master's snippy mental thoughts. He had to remind himself; Jedi do not fear, Jedi do not hate, and Jedi, certainly, do not giggle. But as he set the small ship on autopilot and rejoined the two in the main compartment, he found it hard not to. Ann'hae was practically livid with energy, her story gaining in volume by the moment. The Jedi Master sat there, a bland look on his face, looking up to Obi-Wan to save him.

"And-and Obi-Wan, he was fighting another bad guy and he was about to get him, and POW! I clocked him one smack in the head!"

"Obi-Wan," the Jedi Master struggled to keep the desperation out of his voice, "Come join us. You are missing out on Ann'hae's delightful story."

A little more than pleased with himself, Obi-Wan leaned against the wall, folding his arms and smirking slightly. "I thank you for the generous offer, Master," he replied, overly sweet, "but I was there. I already know what happened, and I wouldn't dream of trying to tell Ann'hae's story for her."

That won him a solemn, grateful nod from Ann'hae and a lethal glare from Qui-Gon when the child's back was turned. Yet once again, Qui-Gon feined interest when the little girl resumed her exasperated story.

"And THEN-"

The holovid communicator chirped with an incoming message.

//Saved by the bell!// Qui-Gon thought thankfully, excusing himself quickly from Ann'hae's story to turn on the communicator. The holo of Master Mace Windu appeared, and Obi-Wan silently moved to sit next to his Master.

The image of the dark-skinned Jedi Master grinned, pleased. "I see you two have finally made amends," he began, genuine warmth in his voice as it poured through the audio, "It is good to see Master and Padawan together again."

Qui-Gon's eyes met Obi-Wan's, earning a smiles from both as Qui-Gon rested his hand on his Padawan's shoulder. "We have to agree with you, Mace. Although it was-"

"WHERE IS HE?!?!"

Feedback stung the ears of the passengers as the audio picked up sounds of doors slamming open and what sounded like glass shattering on the floor. The image of Mace Windu looked to his right as suddenly the angry visage of Master Yoda filled the holo.

And he was enraged!

Ann'hae giggled. "What a funny looking gnome!"

Obi-Wan coughed, turning pale as he tried to usher Ann'hae from the room. "Um, er, that's not a gnome, Ann'hae. That's-"

"Master Yoda," Qui-Gon greeted, unphased by the diminutive Jedi Master's temper tantrum. "What can we do for you?"

"Hiding from me he cannot!" Yoda screeched, looking around the room, trying to spot Obi-Wan who stood safely in the doorway. "Get him I will!"

"Get whom, Master?"

Yoda was practically seething. "Scratched my ship, your Apprentice has!"

"What??" Qui-Gon suddenly rounded on Obi-Wan, who was cringing. "You stole Master Yoda's ship to follow me??"

Obi-Wan gasped, indignantly. "I did not 'steal' it, Master! He let me borro

9. The Butler

The Butler Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 18, 1999
    Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha!
    Light, Ms. Kenobi, I couldn't stop laughing! It's so wonderful to see this thread back.
    (Rushes off to tell everyone.)
    Lord, I'm glad I live in your time zone! (Well, almost in your time zone.)

10. Trika_Kenobi

Trika_Kenobi Jedi Grand Master star 6

Nov 4, 1999
    LOL!!!!! That was hilarious! Thank you for sending her home!

Trika Kenobi

11. mouse2

mouse2 Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 29, 1999
    ROTFL

Thank you for the epilogue, Lwyn'nya. I couldn't stop laughing. For some reason the whenever I see the term WHACK! used it sends me into fits of laughter!

12. Lilith Demodae

Lilith Demodae Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 1, 1999
    LOL!!! That's great! People in the lab are giving me funny looks and edging their chairs away.

Meddling little troll!!

Too funny!

13. Jaro

Jaro Jedi Youngling star 1

Sep 1, 1999
    Excellent!!

(BTW: I have this story in a word document as well. It is 33 pages long. Post here or email me if you'd like a copy.)

[This message has been edited by Jaro (edited 01-13-2000).]

14. Jedi Gryph Grin

Jedi Gryph Grin Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 25, 1999
    hehehehehehe! That was toooooo funny!

15. Jedi Gryph Grin

Jedi Gryph Grin Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 25, 1999
    Still priceless.

16. Scully-Wan Kenobi

Scully-Wan Kenobi Jedi Youngling

Aug 20, 1999
    Man, what a great day I'm having...first I found and bought Jedi Apprentice #6 today at Barnes & Noble (Yes, it's finally out...WOO-HOO!), and now I find out Lwyn'nya wrote the epilogue to this!

Thanks, Lwyn'nya...terrific as always!...and the WHACK...too funny!

17. Lwyn`nya Kenobi

Lwyn`nya Kenobi Jedi Youngling star 2

Oct 19, 1999
    Skully-Wan,

IT'S OUT?!?!?!? Are you SURE that wasn't #5 you picked up??

WHAT HAPPENS IN IT??????

Email me!! Let me know! I won't get it for a while :_(

spluto@hotmail.com

18. Kit'

Kit' Manager Emeritus & Kessel Run Champion! star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA VIP - Game Winner

Oct 30, 1999
    Oh gosh if Jedi should not giggle then I'm in trouble after that last bit of post. Oh boy that capped everything off. Thankyou

See ya
    Kithera

19. Scully-Wan Kenobi

Scully-Wan Kenobi Jedi Youngling

Aug 20, 1999
    Yep, I'm absolutely, 100% positive that I have JA #6, the Uncertain Path! It has a great-looking cover (the resemblance between little 13-year-old Obi and Ewan is amazing!)

Spoilers headed your way soon via e-mail!
    I'm also on ICQ now if you wanna chat...

20. Trika_Kenobi

Nov 4, 1999
    Are you serious?! Oh my gosh, I'll be right back!
    LOL-just kidding, but I'll be buying it real soon...

Trika Kenobi

21. Kit'

Kit' Manager Emeritus & Kessel Run Champion! star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA VIP - Game Winner

Oct 30, 1999
    No!!!!!! that means it won't come out in Australia for another couple of months. JA5 just came out!! oh the suspense is killing me!

See ya
    Kithera

22. Trika_Kenobi

Nov 4, 1999
    Are you serious?! Oh my gosh, I'll be right back!
    LOL-just kidding, but I'll be buying it real soon...

Trika Kenobi

23. Lalika

Lalika Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 16, 1999
    After sooooo much nagging ...it's out! Well done Lwyn. I was laughing so hard my family thought i was nutsen. THe " whack " was a nice tribute to our dearest long gone " Humourous TPM) Can't wait for your next post in your other stories.

24. mouse2

mouse2 Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 29, 1999
    WOO HOO!!

The one good thing about visiting the in-laws, they have a decent book store near them. Now I just have to sneak it past my hubby. For some reason he thinks I'm obsessed about Star Wars. I don't know why.

Jaro I would love a copy of this. If you could send it to me I would be most grateful.

25. Bastet

Bastet Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 30, 1999
    Wow, I found this story weeks ago from the index thread and now there is an epilogue! Wow! Since I'm at the library I had to exercise great self-control to keep from laughing out loud.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.