main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

"The Face of the Enemy" ~ Jedi Apprentice sequel

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction Stories--Classic JC Board (Reply-Only)' started by Lwyn'nya Kenobi, Aug 2, 1999.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Lwyn'nya Kenobi

Lwyn'nya Kenobi Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 27, 1999
    Nanai ~ Eek! Sorry, didn't mean to wait so long to post, been awful busy today.
    Chapter 3

Obi-Wan stood there in shock, straining hard to keep it from being expressed on his face. Somewhere deep in the back of his mind he knew it was futile. The Masters were in tuned to his every thought and feeling, which only made him more frustrated. Then why were they doing this?? True, even though he was seventeen years of age, he had almost 5 years of training with Qui-Gon under his belt. They faught together, struggled together, learned together. In a battle they were one entity; they knew each others moves and compensated fluently.

Feeling like he wanted to explode in a rage of emotion, Obi-Wan stole a quick glance towards his Master. Qui-Gon will defend me, he thought with vehement confidence. He'll thank the Masters for their caution and tell them that he'd rather have me accompany him.

"Who of the Masters are here now?" Qui-Gon asked, his tone even.

A crushing wave of hurt and betrayal crashed upon the young Jedi. He risked shifting his gaze to find the Jedi Master's eyes, but Qui-Gon kept his gaze locked on Yoda and Mace Windu. Why wouldn't his own Master defend his ability??

In a daze, Obi-Wan turned his bewildered gaze away from Qui-Gon and instead focused straight in front of him, seeing nothing. The expression on his face was a strained calmness. Thankfully his Jedi training kicked in and reined back his anger and his hurt. To let that show in front of his Masters would only land him in more trouble than he'd care to imagine. Mace Windu was speaking again, but Obi-Wan barely heard him, he was so lost to the turmoil inside of him. The air itself felt thick and humid and his own lean body felt cold. Obi-Wan felt as if he was left dangling once again in the ravine, yet there was no one there to help him.

"Most of the Masters are either out on missions in other systems, or in the Senate helping with the Chelest 4 debate," the dark-skinned Jedi Master was informing Qui-Gon, "Master Nanai Akira has returned from her mission in Illyoni, Master Narianna is currenly in residence, as well as Master Kai-Jen Solari."

Qui-Gon nodded, a pensive look on his bearded face. "With your permission then, my Masters, I shall announce my decision tomorrow before leaving for Chelest 4."

Yoda nodded. "Extreme caution and cunning this mission calls for. For, if find you as Jedi, death their answer will be. Choose wisely, Qui-Gon."

The Jedi Master nodded and bowed to the two Jedi Masters, Obi-Wan doing the same.

"May the Force be with you."

As they traveled through the hallways of the Temple, Qui-Gon was acutely aware of his apprentice who followed him, even though he appeared not to notice the storm of emotion Obi-Wan was suffering. When Yoda had told him that Qui-Gon would not be journeying with his Padawan, the tall Jedi Master expected the shock that would hit Obi-Wan. And hit it did! Truly, Obi-Wan took the order like a slap in the face. Now Qui-Gon was above many things, but he was not above sympathizing with the young man. Had the tables been tuned, Qui-Gon would have probably reacted the same. Although he was proud that Obi-Wan kept his calm and didn't erupt like he halfway assumed he would. The young Jedi did honor to his training. But in the end, the boy was only human, and while the damage done to the younger Jedi's pride wasn't permanent, it would take some time for it to heal.

By the time they had reached their rooms, the sun was beginning to set. The conference had taken longer than Qui-Gon had imagined. They would need their rest for tomorrow. At least he would.

He stopped in front of the door, hesitating. Obi-Wan had followed him in a trance-like state. Qui-Gon could still feel the anger, confusion, frustration, hurt, and betrayal eminating from his apprentice. The Jedi Master sighed. Should he say something to him? And what would he say? The Jedi Council had made their decision. It wasn't as if did it to intentionally slight him. Politics played a heavy hand

2. Mrs. Sei-Jil Kenobi

Mrs. Sei-Jil Kenobi Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 28, 1999
    Awesome job so far!! And as a 17-year old myself, I appreciate the fact that you made Obi-Wan 17 yrs old

And while this is a bit late, feel free to use my name in your story...you can mess with the last name if you want.

3. Lwyn'nya Kenobi

Jun 27, 1999
    Chapter 3 cont.

In the end, I wasn't good enough.

The single thought haunted Obi-Wan as he paced the moonlit banks of the river. The air was stuffy and warm, yet his arms were wrapped around himself to ward off the frigid chill his insecurity brought.

Never doubt your own abilities, Qui-Gon had taught him. The longer you dwell on that, the more fear will take control and the outcome will be less than favorable. This lesson brought on a whole new source of frustration. He hadn't really doubted his own abilities before. He never really thought about them. But now, Master Yoda and Master Mace Windu's disbelief in his abilities made him question himself. For so long he thought he was making great progress in becoming a Jedi. Qui-Gon was often closed-mouthed when it came to compliments, but the few he had received only served to back his belief. And now, in the matter of a single moment, his self-image had shattered.

And tomorrow morning, Qui-Gon will be off to defend justice, and I will be left here to pick up the pieces of my own confidence.

Obi-Wan threw himself down to sit on the grassy bank of the river, leaning back against a nearby rock. Flashbacks of the times he used to spend here with hs friend Bant came to mind. Her eyes were the same silver color of the river. Many nights were spent out here in true friendship. The two friends would talk of many things and Obi-Wan always found a sense of peace in both her and the river.

Now he was alone and never before had he felt so down.

A low growl in the distance snapped Obi-Wan from his brooding. Suddenly alert, he lept to his feet, reaching for where his lightsaber should be.

Oh no! I left it in my room!! he thought, despairingly, [/i]Great! What else could possibly go wrong today?!?[/i]

Standing there, defenseless, Obi-Wan waited breathless until the intruder's image appeared in the moonlight.

"Bant?!?"

Obi-Wan stared in a mixture of surprise and shock. He hardly recognized her! Bant, his childhood friend, strolled towards him, her coral-colored skin looking radiant in the silver glow of the moon. Her long jade hair was pulled high and back and her green healer's robes set off her salmon-color skin. She had grown since he had seen her last. Bant nearly stood as tall as he was.

At her side, was the four-legged Voloth black beast from the afternoon's lesson, the one Qui-Gon referred to as 'Taby'. It's red eyes glowered at him and Obi-Wan could swear he heard a low constant growl from the beast.

Bant smiled as she suddenly let go of the Voloth's leash and sprinted towards Obi-Wan, tackling him in a huge hug that nearly landed both of them into the river.

"Missed you I have," she greeted him, mimicking Yoda's stange way of talking. It was something the two friends shared.

"Glad to see you, I am," Obi-Wan replied with audible sincerity, hugging her back. After left dangling in the proverbial ravine as he had been since the conference, Bant's presence was like a rope being lowered to help lift him out, and as such he clung to her like a lifeline.

Bant sensed her friend's despair, had sensed it even before she snuck out to find him here. Detangling herself from him, she smiled and stood from where she had tackled him with her hug, lending a hand to help him to his feet.

"I'm so glad to see you," Obi-Wan told her, "Our missions keep us rather far from here, and I've been wondering what you were doing."

Bant smiled, "Two years after you left, I became interested in the healing arts. One of the Jedi Masters in the healing arts took me as his apprentice and has taught me the miracles of using the Force to heal people."

They spent a few moments catching up, until Bant ended the pretense.

"What's wrong, Obi-Wan?" she asked, cutting to the chase. Her large silver eyes were locked on his, and in those eyes Obi-Wan saw into his own soul. Sighing, he sat down again and told her the story of the conference with the two Jedi Masters. He confessed everything, every emotion he had felt: the hurt, the betrayal, the frustration, the sharp disappointment, the despair.

4. Veridea

Veridea Jedi Youngling

May 26, 1999
    total wow!!! Once again, I am amazed....cool!!!

5. Jedi Master Ann'ho Fiida

Jedi Master Ann'ho Fiida Jedi Youngling star 2

Jul 17, 1999
    *applause*
    Keep it coming Lwyn'nya! This story is promising to just as good, if not better, than Recreating a Jedi! Althought that would be very difficult...

6. Amidala22

Amidala22 Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 20, 1999
    *clapping and cheering*
    That was wonderful Lwyn'na!!! Please write more!!!

7. Narianna

Narianna Jedi Youngling

Jul 25, 1999
    Way to go, Lwyn'nya! This is SO cool. The suspense is absolutely crumbling me into dust.
    Actually, I think I can sort of figure out your plot. Of course you always have suprises up your sleeves. Keep up the good work!
    And thanks for putting my name in your story!

Nari-Anna Liras
    Jedi Pupil

"In the Darkness, find the Light.
    In despair, find the hope.
    In the confusion, find the calm.
    In yourself, find the Force."

8. Rae191491

Rae191491 Jedi Youngling

Jun 11, 1999
    DAMN YOU LWYN'NYA!!!!!! MUST YOU BE SO GOOD?!?!

Sorry...I'm feeling better now.

[This message has been edited by Rae191491 (edited 08-05-1999).]

9. Nanai Akira

Nanai Akira Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 30, 1999
    Rea: she's not that good - I mean after all she keeps leaving us with these cliffhangers and making us wait for her posts.

Personally, I think she is evil.

10. Old Juan

Old Juan Jedi Master star 4

Apr 1, 1999
    Using the force....You will continue this story now. Great work You are awesome Keep it comming.

11. Lwyn'nya Kenobi

Jun 27, 1999
    Rae ~ *lol* Just lucky, I guess
    Chapter 4

Something was very wrong.

Obi-Wan watched as Qui-Gon, dressed as an Aryslian soldier, led the small army through the mountain pass. He could sense his Master's thoughts and feelings, and even the Jedi Master felt apprehensive. There was no sign of the Chelestian army.

So why was he on edge?

Obi-Wan felt the ripples of the Force eminate from the Jedi Master. He was searching for a source to his eerie feeling. Things felt a little too still, like a Telorian sea killer hidden under the calm of the still, blue sea. He was already uneasy about marching the army through the narrow mountain pass; it left them too vulnerable to an-

Ambush!

It hit so fast, Obi-Wan barely saw it start. In an instant, energized bolts were fired from the mountain ledges above like a deadly sheet of rain. Warriors on foot surrounded the small Aryslian army, attacking from every direction. Obi-Wan watched helplessly as the Aryslians fought back viciously, but in vain. They fell by the numbers.

A new danger awaited, and it seemed that only Obi-Wan could see it. Qui-Gon, busy fighting off three Chelestian warriors, was oblivious to the dark presence looming behind him. A vicious smile split the dark being's face as he raised his massive-bladed weapon high.

Fear and panic seized Obi-Wan in its icy grip, strangling him. He tried to scream a warning to his Master, but no sound came forth. Fighting off the desperate horror that overwhelmed him, Obi-Wan ran to his Master, but no matter how hard he ran he couldn't move. Helplessly, desperately, Obi-Wan could do nothing more than watch in horror as the lethal blade raised high above the unsuspecting Jedi Master. Why couldn't Qui-Gon sense the dark warrior?!?

The blade descended in a deadly arc.

Qui-Gon! MOVE!!!

Obi-Wan watched in sheer horror as the blade sliced down, cutting through the Jedi Master's back and piercing through his midsection. The Jedi Master stiffened in shock. In wide-eyed disbelief, he stared at the blade speared through him. His strength and life bleeding from him, Qui-Gon's body slid down the shaft of the weapon until he had sunk to his knees, his hands clutching the bloody hole that once was his stomach.

QUI-GON!!!

Almost as if he heard him, the Jedi Master looked up in his direction, his fading eyes fixing upon him with a look of . . . disappointment? Betrayal? In his mind, he could almost hear his Master's dying words that his eyes were communicating. "Why weren't you here when I needed you?"

NOOO!!!!!

NOOO!!!!!

His scream locked in his throat, Obi-Wan felt his world flip end over end before he finally realized where he was. His room.

The sound of rushing footsteps in his direction came through the door as the young Jedi wrapped his arms around himself to keep from shaking. He was sitting up in his bed, but his breathing labored as if he had just run several miles.

A dream. It was all a dream. The mountain pass, the ambush, the field of corpses, the death of his friend . . . Obi-Wan found himself trembling terribly. His mind had rationalized that all it was was a dream, but he couldn't shake off its residual presence.

The look in his eyes . . . I wasn't there to save him . . .

Suddenly, his door burst open. Qui-Gon stood in the doorway, his sharp eyes dashing about the room, looking for the cause of Obi-Wan's distress.

"Obi-Wan, what's wrong?" he demanded. "I could hear you screaming from my room!"

In his trance-like state, the young Jedi heard his Master's voice, but couldn't turn to acknowledge him. The effects of his dream still held him in their illusional reality.

. . . the look in his eyes . . . wasn't there to help . . .

Every muscle in the Jedi Master's body was on alert. Due to the rapport that they shared, Qui-Gon had sensed his apprentice's distress even before he heard his screaming. But looking around, all he saw was Obi-Wan sitting up in bed, his arms wrapped tight about himself, shaking uncontrollably, his eyes wide and scared.

Using the Force t

12. Tyhei

Tyhei Jedi Youngling star 1

May 29, 1999
    KENOBI!!! ARRRR!

That was an awesome piece of NASTY writing, madam--and a great setup. Keep it up, chica!

Also loved the allusions (woooo, literary terms...) to "Episode One: Chapter II" there. Tres spiffy.

Hey Jen!

13. Tyhei

Tyhei Jedi Youngling star 1

May 29, 1999
    KENOBI!!! ARRRR!

That was an awesome piece of NASTY writing, madam--and a great setup. Keep it up, chica!

Also loved the allusions (woooo, literary terms...) to "Episode One: Chapter II" there. Tres spiffy.

Hey Jen!

14. Kai Jinn Kenobi

Kai Jinn Kenobi Jedi Youngling

Jul 16, 1999
    Evil? Our Lwyn'nya? NEVER!!!!!

[This message has been edited by Kai Jinn Kenobi (edited 08-06-1999).]

15. Jedi Master Ann'ho Fiida

Jul 17, 1999
    Arrggg....can you leave us any more in suspense??? Must hang on...until...more story...comes...must...hang on...suspense is...getting too...much...
    *Master Fiida collapses onto her keyboard from the strain*

16. Narianna

Narianna Jedi Youngling

Jul 25, 1999
    AAAAARRRRRRRGGGGGHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!
    There. Seriously, Lwyn'nya, I LOVE your writing, but the suspense is really killing me! Your story is TERRIBLY BRILLIANT, but it seems to take FOREVER to continue.
    Keep up the good work!!!

Nari-Anna Liras
    Jedi Pupil

"In the Darkness, find the Light.
    In despair, find the hope.
    In the confusion, find the calm.
    In yourself, find the Force."

17. legacyAccount

legacyAccount Jedi Youngling

May 22, 2012
    Ah, yes, she is good, isn't she...
    And as said in the precedent page, it does tie things neatly with TPM.
    Very fine, Lwynn'na.
    Can you use the force trick again, Old Juan ?

18. Everybody Loves Jabba

Everybody Loves Jabba Jedi Youngling

Aug 6, 1999
    Lwyn'nya~ Your such a wonderful writer ! I've always enjoyed you work ! Keep it up.*puts on we love Lwyn'nya t-shirt* YAY !

Oh and Nanai Akira have you ever watched a sketch by monty python where they sing the "Lumberjack Song"?? ....It's been bothering me since you happened to mention that you always wanted to be a Lumberjack...(sorry to be so off topic but it's really been bugging me)

19. Nanai Akira

Nanai Akira Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 30, 1999
    Yes, I was wondering if anybody picked up on the Monty Python reference - or if everyone just thought I was weird.

Oh I'm a lumberjack and I'm okay,
    I sleep all night and I work all day!

20. femalepadawan

femalepadawan Jedi Youngling

Jul 29, 1999
    hey i got the lmberjack thing too! i just got caught up in the story!
    criminitly! write child write!!!!!!!!
    fp

21. Amidala22

Amidala22 Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 20, 1999
    *screams from being left hanging*
    please write more i must know!!!!!! please this is cruelity!!

22. Lwyn'nya Kenobi

Jun 27, 1999
    *blushing at the compliments* Awwwww, you guys!

No, I haven't forgotten about you I'm stuck at work, then I have a friend's B-Day party, but I hope to at least have the next chapter done sometime today.

...and I'll even stay up late and do two chapters!

BTW: The lumberjack thing was cute!

23. Old Juan

Old Juan Jedi Master star 4

Apr 1, 1999
    Using the force again...You will update this story...you want to as well. YIPEE!!!!!!! I love your work. Well until I have to use the force again...May the force be with you.

P.S. I'm just curious, did my psychic rappaport idea in my story influence your idea? Or had you thought of something like that before reading my piece. This is in no way bragging on my part. I want people who will read this statement to understand that. I'm just wondering and that's all.

24. Everybody Loves Jabba

Everybody Loves Jabba Jedi Youngling

Aug 6, 1999
    hmmm do I smell a Jedi Apprentice, Monty Python Lumberjack crossover story???:
    Obi Wan:Master their is something I've been meaning to tell you ...
    Qui-Gon: Yes Padawan ?
    Obi Wan: I never really wanted to be a jedi I've always wanted to be ...A LUMBERJACK! Jumpping from limb to limb...
    or even
    Obi-Wan:Well, I didn't expect the Jedi-Council Inquisition !
    Yoda: Nobody expects the Jedi Council Inquisition !
    uhhhh....sorry...that was uncalled-for...
    Lwyn'nya I can't wait to read the rest of your Fan Fic.Do I smell romance between Obi-Wan and Bant ??. Well, I'll be sitting here in fron of the computer waiting for your next installment ::young and the restless theme plays::
    ~Everybody Loves Jabba

25. Jedi Master Ann'ho Fiida

Jul 17, 1999
    I'm back! Phew, good thing I didn't break my nose falling on the keyboard like that! Lwyn'nya, you have committed the grave error of telling us that a chapter is coming up soon. Now we will become even more rabid! You rock Lwyn'nya!

Hey, Everybody Loves Jabba, where can I get one of those shirts?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.