main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

"The Face of the Enemy" ~ Jedi Apprentice sequel

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction Stories--Classic JC Board (Reply-Only)' started by Lwyn'nya Kenobi, Aug 2, 1999.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Lwyn'nya Kenobi

Lwyn'nya Kenobi Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 27, 1999
    Hey everybody. Sorry for the delay I'm currenlty locked in one of those depressing moods, so I hope these two chapters will be good. If not I'll rewrite them tomorrow morning
    Chapter 5

"Decided, have you?"

Qui-Gon faced the panel of Jedi Masters. "That I have, my Master. While all three Jedi Masters are superb fighters, I will choose Master Kai-Jen Solari to accompany me. We have fought together before, and she is most commenserate with my tactics."

A tall cloaked woman stepped forth, her silver-skinned face impassive. She was a slim, but muscular woman with a waterfall of black hair that was pulled back high in a ponytail. Two long strands hung down either side of her face, with two bloodstone beads at the ends.

The X'nai woman favored Qui-Gon with a smile, her dark eyes shining. "It has been too long, old friend. I do hope you can still keep up with me."

Mace Windu stiffled a laugh while Yoda favored them both with an strict look. "Time for this petty display of ego, we have not! You ship is waiting to take you both to Chelest 4."

The dark-skinned Jedi Master, all traces of humor gone, stared at the two Jedi warriors. "Use extreme caution. Your ship will land on Chelest 4 at night, giving you both an easier chance to sneak in, undetected. Master Nanai Akira is most familiar with the Chelestians, she will prep you with whatever you will require for the journey." A cerulean-skinned woman dressed regally in Jedi robes stepped forward.

"Your ship leaves in an hour from the docking bay," Mace Windu continued, "May the Force be with you."

Qui-Gon and Kai-Jen bowed reverently before the two Master Jedi, then quickly exited the room, Nanai Akira following just behind.

Locked in conversation, Qui-Gon and Kai-Jen made their way to the docking bay, talking of old times and catching up on current events in each other's lived. The X'nai Jedi told Qui-Gon of her tales of Alderaan and how she helped secure the future of one of their political leaders.

The tall Jedi Master smiled. Of all other Jedi Knights, he got along best with Kai-Jen. Most other Knights were too grounded on the letter of the Jedi law; they didn't believe in expanding on those ground rules as Qui-Gon did. But the X'nai woman was different. She, too, played mostly by her own rules. Kai-Jen was something of a paradox. Brashness with rationale, headstrong but wise. They were an odd pair, but Qui-Gon found that he and his friend worked rather well together. Yet, even when Yoda would ask him why in the world someone like him could work so well with someone like Kai-Jen, Qui-Gon couldn't give his Master a single reason. They just clicked.

Brash and headstrong . . . Qui-Gon repeated to himself, . . . now who does that remind me of?

As they reached the docking station, where the captain was busy loading the necessary cargo, Qui-Gon found his answer.

Obi-Wan Kenobi, his protege, was waiting for him.

Qui-Gon glanced at his apprentice. This was the first time he would be going on a mission without him. The Jedi Master almost felt like he was leaving half of himself here on Coruscant. The dynamic that they had created was impressively strong, to the point where it seemed the boy acted on Qui-Gon's thoughts before he could even put them to words. It was a reassuring skill, especially on the battlefield. But this mission was beyond the class of an apprentice's skill and they both knew it.

Yet one of them accepted it. The other didn't quite. Qui-Gon inwardly shook his head as they slowly approached. It wasn't like Obi-Wan to behave this way. His apprentice's actions almost borded on defiant. He knew that the Council's decision to leave him behind had wounded his protege's pride. But was it that important for Obi-Wan to cross-examine the Council's orders? Why couldn't he just let it be?

He slowed as the two Jedi Knights neared Obi-Wan. What was his student going to do now? Ask him to reconsider? Beg him to defy the Council? And for what? To soothe his wounded pride? His thoughts sparked a feeling of

2. legacyAccount

legacyAccount Jedi Youngling

May 22, 2012
    So great...

3. Lwyn'nya Kenobi

Jun 27, 1999
    Chapter 5 cont.

0bi-Wan tossed and turned in his bed, his brow furrowed and his breathing labored. Once more, he was locked in the same nightmare that he suffered from last night. Except this time it was much more torturing. This time, Obi-Wan knew what was to happen, and once again, he couldn't stop it.

The sudden ambush. Chelestian warriors springing up in hordes on the mountainside, firing electrified bolts from their bows.

The sea of Chelestian soldiers coming in from both sides, trapping them. Overpowered and outnumbered, the Aryslian warriors fell dead by the numbers. This would be the Aryslian's last stand.

The dark being behind his Master. Qui-Gon fighting the three warriors before him, oblivious to his imending doom. The flash of the blade . . .

NOO!!!

Once again, he tried to run to Qui-Gon's aid, but the dream held him chained, unable to do anything but watch helplessly. Fate was speaking to him.

The look in Qui-Gon's eyes as his body slid down the shaft of the massive-bladed weapon. The light fading from his eyes as he crumpled to the ground, dead.

This will be the fate of both Qui-Gon and the Aryslians, an eerie voice told him. Obi-Wan, in a haze of horror and sorrow, frantically looked about, but could not find the source of the glass-like voice. They will die unless you do something!

Was that his own conscience speaking to him?

Once more, Obi-Wan sprang awake, his short hair disheveled, his breathing hard. A quick glance at the clock revealed that it was only a few minutes past midnight.

I can't let this happen!

In a flurry, he leaped out of bed, grabbing what few things he would need, and snuck swiftly out of his room and down the corridor.

Once inside the Jedi Temple Hangar, Obi-Wan moved more rapidly to stow what things he would need aboard a small transport ship. The young Jedi moved swiftly and silently, careful not to awaken anyone else in the Temple. What he was about to do would be in serious violation of the Council's standing orders.

"Leaving so soon, are you?" an inquisitive, familiar voice called out.

Obi-Wan had his back turned to the surprise visitor, but the voice was enough to make his heart stop and his blood run cold. Yoda!

Almost trembling, Obi-Wan slowly turned from the small ship to face the diminutive Jedi Master. Despair strangled him. Now he would never be able to save Qui-Gon!

Struggling to keep his resolve, Obi-Wan faced the Jedi Master evenly, impassively.

Yoda's sleepy-eyes studied the young Jedi intently. He frowned. "Surprised, you should not be. Knew this was coming, I did."

Obi-Wan gulped down his fear. "Master Yoda, I . . ."

"Ah!" Yoda snapped, silencing him. The young Jedi sighed and lowered his eyes, awaiting the severe punishment he was about to receive.

A tense moment of silence hung in the hangar air as the diminutive Jedi Master studied Obi-Wan, his face unreadable.

"Know you the risks of your plan?" Yoda asked, sarcastically, "Your own life you risk in this endeavor."

"I know, Master."

"Qui-Gon and Kai-Jen's life you place in danger as well!"

Obi-Wan nodded.

Yoda continued, "If revealed you are, the Jedi, Chancellor, and the Senate you place in jeopardy!"

The young man nodded again. Here it comes! Obi-Wan braced himself for the blow.

Instead, Yoda peered at the young Jedi, as if trying to read into his mind, his heart, searching for something. That something he seemed to find as he nodded.

"Reveal your true identity to either Qui-Gon or Kai-Jen, you must not."

Obi-Wan looked up, puzzled.

"Keep your identity as a Jedi a secret, you must," Yoda scolded him.

The young Jedi studied his Master for a moment. What was Yoda getting at here?

"If revealed you are, the Jedi Council will disavow any knowledge of your existance. A renegade Jedi, you must claim to be."

A spark of hope alit in the young Jedi as he took in Yoda's words. "D-does this mean you'll let me go to Chelest 4?"

Yoda frowned. "Only on one condition!"

"Just name it."

Yoda pointed his walking stick at Obi-Wan and jabbed him with it. "If revealed you are, and yo

4. Veridea

Veridea Jedi Youngling

May 26, 1999
    Again, she amazes us with her brilliance.......that was soooooooooo great!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I'm holding my breath for more!!!!!!

5. legacyAccount

legacyAccount Jedi Youngling

May 22, 2012
    Yoda.
    Ha.
    He's Machiavel, I tell you...
    Always thought he was a Sith or something.
    "Hard to see the dark side is, mmmm..."

(Huh... I'm joking, of course.)

6. femalepadawan

femalepadawan Jedi Youngling

Jul 29, 1999
    your to cruel! you wet our appetites then leave us hanging!!! hmm, i wonder if i could use the force?
    .... you will write, you will write,....
    well i tried.
    fp

7. Nanai Akira

Nanai Akira Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 30, 1999
    No, femalepadawan, you must wave your hand while you do it, like so:

<waving hand in front of monitor> "You will give us another chapter today, Lwyn'nya."

8. Lwyn'nya Kenobi

Jun 27, 1999
    femalepadawan / Old Juan ~

Ha ha! I'ma Toydarian! Minda tricks donna work on me! Who you think you are, some'a kind a Jedi, waving youra hand around like'a dat?

*lol* Kidding I just always wanted to talk like a half-Italian junk dealer

Well, I'sa stuck here at work for the meanwhile. I should get in another chapter before I head out.

Old Juan ~ Yes, actually I did borrow that idea from you I was looking for a good term to describe their bond, and your 'psychic rapport' fit so well! Thank you so much!

Kai-Jinn ~ How do you like your character so far?

9. Kai Jinn Kenobi

Kai Jinn Kenobi Jedi Youngling

Jul 16, 1999
    THANK YOU, LWYN'NYA!
    I feel so honored.
    This is great!

10. Old Juan

Old Juan Jedi Master star 4

Apr 1, 1999
    YES!!! Awesome story so far. Keep it going. I'm sorry to hear you're bumbing Hope you feel better soon Oh and I was glad to be of help in some form. THIS STORY ROCKS!!

P.S. I know how you feel, in fact I am sort of in one of those downer slumps myself. But with some much needed rest things can improve. It sounds like you've been writing up a storm. The rest of the people waiting for updates may want to kill me for saying this but: Take a couple of days off and clear your mind. Reenergize those creative juices and yourself. That's my two cents.

[This message has been edited by Old Juan (edited 08-07-1999).]

11. Rae191491

Rae191491 Jedi Youngling

Jun 11, 1999
    I laugh at your misfortune!

Due to pre-band camp I am unable to get online all the time. So....while you are all sitting here, begging for more, I can just go through and read multiple story posts. No waiting!

Ha!

[This message has been edited by Rae191491 (edited 08-07-1999).]

12. Rae191491

Rae191491 Jedi Youngling

Jun 11, 1999
    I'm a member! *Does a little dance*

I feel...no different then I did before. What's up with that?

[This message has been edited by Rae191491 (edited 08-08-1999).]

[This message has been edited by Rae191491 (edited 08-08-1999).]

13. Everybody Loves Jabba

Everybody Loves Jabba Jedi Youngling

Aug 6, 1999
    Ah ! I must have more ! It's driving me insane ! *cackels* blah well anyhow I'll be waiting ! ^_^
    ~Everybody Loves Jabba
    PS
    Get your "We Love Lwyn'nya T-Shirts here" *opens trench coat*

14. Jedi Master Ann'ho Fiida

Jedi Master Ann'ho Fiida Jedi Youngling star 2

Jul 17, 1999
    Wonderful! Wonderful!

15. Mrs. Sei-Jil Kenobi

Mrs. Sei-Jil Kenobi Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 28, 1999
    First, *Venting Time*: It is my sincere belief that as part of training, Jedi apprentices should have to work at Limited Too (like I do!) during the back to school season. If 500 whiny 8-year-olds and their frustrated mothers won't test your patience, nothing will!!!! AAAAAGGGGHHHHH!!! Okay now that you all know where I've been, I can get to the point of my post:

I LOVE YOUR STORY LWYN'NYA!!!!

Sooo...is romance in the air for Obi-Wan and Bant?? That would be so cute if you did that. Also thanks for revealing Obi-Wan's age in your story (as a 17-year-old myself I give the highest regards ) And I love the character of Kai-Jen. If I were a Jedi that's who I would be like. Hmmmm...does she have any openings for a Padawan?

Well, I'm going to bed, where i'm going to have nightmares about being attacked by blouse hangers. May the Force be with me!

Mrs. Kenobi

[This message has been edited by Mrs. Sei-Jil Kenobi (edited 08-09-1999).]

[This message has been edited by Mrs. Sei-Jil Kenobi (edited 08-09-1999).]

16. Lwyn'nya Kenobi

Jun 27, 1999
    Hey everyone, I'm back

Sei-Jil ~ Glad you like her! I figured that someone as unorthodox as Qui-Gon would probably have a partner like that

Bant? I'm not sure about a romance yet Still playing on the old-friends thing

Well everyone, sorry I haven't posted in two days. I've been out of town for a friend's birthday. I PROMISE to post something tomorrow morning

~ Lwyn'nya

By the way: I haven't thanked you guys profusely yet! Your words of praise have been faaaaar to generous But reading them always puts a smile on my face and makes the world a bit better These stories are dedicated to you readers.

17. Lwyn'nya Kenobi

Jun 27, 1999
    Chapter 6

Obi-Wan held his breath as he slowly moved through the Aryslian forests towards the main city of Paalix. His heart was racing so fast that he thought it might burst before he even reached the muddy streets. Up ahead, he could see the Aryslian soldiers start to gather along the streets.

Chelest 4 was a small planet that orbited around the main planet of the Chelest system. The planet consisted of a main continent,a few scattered islands, and the massive Chelestian sea that covered more than half the planet. The Chelestians and the Aryslians weren't very technologically advanced; they chose to live as simply as possible, reaping their requirements from nature rather than technology.

It was almost like stepping back into the past.

The city was plain with dirt roads that criss-crossed in the middle and shops and houses made of wood. The soldiers were mostly clad in leather-padded cloth, with few metal plates covering vital organs. The blue-skinned Aryslian soldiers wore a metal circulet that covered their foreheads under a cowel and cloak that came to midwaist. Their weapons were generic: swords, small daggers, axes, and even a few bows and arrows. But even more shocking was the fact that the entire town comprised the Aryslian army. Men, women, even children were dressed for battle!
    From his safe viewpoint in the forest that surrounded the town, Obi-Wan's heart went out to the townspeople.

It's a suicide mission, and they know it. The Chelestian army is more vast, better equipped, and more powerful. They don't stand a chance, and yet they fight anyways!

The young Jedi sighed. If this mission was doomed, he would see it through to the end. A random image came to mind, a lesson in which Qui-Gon was teaching him about the perils of time traveling. "It doesn't matter if you were to travel back in time and simply do nothing but stand in place," he had lectured to him, "Your presence, be it inactive or no, has already severely altered events."

Hmmm. Perhaps his presence here could change events for the better? True, he didn't know these people. All his knowledge of the Aryslians were bestowed upon him by Master Yoda and his friend Ulie, a Jedi healer-in-training, who was a Chelestian himself. But seeing the grim determination in the eyes of these blue-skinned, primitive people, he started to believe in their cause.

Hiding his face well in the hood of his cowel, Obi-Wan shook his head at himself. One of the Jedi's greatest rules in the unifying force was not to get too attached to those whom you are serving or assisting. "Like a doctor to his patients," Yoda had told him, "A clinical distance he maintains from those seeking his aid. Emotion clouds judgement. And all it takes is to fail once. For not only will the patient die, but so will the soul of the doctor." The young Jedi smiled ruefully. His attachment to different aliens he had met along the way, the friendships that he had built with them, had hindered him emotionally. Obi-Wan had not yet built that 'clinical' distance between himself and the world yet. His Masters said that it would come with proper time and teaching, but Obi-Wan wished he had it now. Despite the sketchy details he had been given about the Chelestians and the Aryslians, he knew the odds against the Aryslians were huge. Already his soul shuddered to imagine the deaths of these people.

Swallowing hard, Obi-Wan wrapped his waist-length cloak around him as he headed off into the streets of Paalix. The young Jedi kept his head down as he shuffled through the masses of soldiers that were starting to gather in the center of town. He had arrived on Chelest 4 an hour before dawn, landing his small ship on the coast of the great Chelestian sea, well-hidden from view in a large cave along the cliff-face. His friend, Ulie, had told him a bit about the Chelestians, and so Obi-Wan came prepared. His body was mostly covered with simple, leather-padded clothes, gloves covered his hands, leaving only his face exposed, which he had covered in blue face paint. The Chelestians were humanoids and thankfull

18. Kai Jinn Kenobi

Kai Jinn Kenobi Jedi Youngling

Jul 16, 1999
    Welcome back, Lwyn'nya.
    We missed you!

19. Jedi Master Ann'ho Fiida

Jul 17, 1999
    Yea! More story! Isn't it terrible how Lwyn'nya can reduce us all to desperate blithering idiots just by withholding her story for a few days?

20. Nanai Akira

Nanai Akira Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 30, 1999
    I am happy to be a desperate blithering idiot! As long as I get to read!

21. Khab

Khab Jedi Youngling star 1

May 23, 1999
    WRITE!! Or I'll come and get you! Ask Mitt and Zas about that.

22. Lwyn'nya Kenobi

Jun 27, 1999
    Yeah!!! Personal threats on my life!!!

*wipes away a tear* Damn, I missed that :_)

Hi everybody! Yes, I'm back. Sorry it took so long to post so little, BUT in the meantime, I was watching "A Few Good Men" and was inspired to write yet ANOTHER JA fanfic And I think you guys will REALLY like this one! So tonight I'll set it up and do the first chapter and I'll work on both simultaneously

~ Lwyn

23. Jedi Master Ann'ho Fiida

Jul 17, 1999
    Yippee! Another story from Lywn'nya. Be sure to post a link to it here!

I was wondering, are you going to be writing any more on "What if in Episode I?" or are you leaving that in Mona's hands. You did such a wonderful job with the trials!

24. Veridea

Veridea Jedi Youngling

May 26, 1999
    Lwyn'nya, you are simply wonderful...keep up the genius!!!!

25. The Beef Chick

The Beef Chick Jedi Youngling

Jul 26, 1999
    Another one! Damn, you're just popping them out one after another, aren't you?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.