main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

"The Face of the Enemy" ~ Jedi Apprentice sequel

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction Stories--Classic JC Board (Reply-Only)' started by Lwyn'nya Kenobi, Aug 2, 1999.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. My-lon Ginn

My-lon Ginn Jedi Youngling

Jul 21, 1999
    Just discovered this story. It's great! Superb writing. I'll keep checking for more.

2. femalepadawan

femalepadawan Jedi Youngling

Jul 29, 1999
    lwyn'nya,
    you told marc your writing was 'ok'!?! honey your writing is fantastic! your idea's are fantastic!!
    fp

3. Lwyn'nya Kenobi

Lwyn'nya Kenobi Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 27, 1999
    femalepadawan ~ Awwww, thanks :*)

Okay everybody, the beginning of the next story is up! Here's the link:
    Forum9/HTML/000864.html Forum9/HTML/000864.html

I hope you guys like it! DOn't worry, I'll post more on this one tomorrow. Sorry, I just hit a rut with this one. THis part is mostly explaining backround history on Chelest 4 and the Aryslians. Once I can get past that, the action will pick up

4. Kai Jinn Kenobi

Kai Jinn Kenobi Jedi Youngling

Jul 16, 1999
    Lwyn'nya,
    just my two cents worth here, but....
    Stop apologizing!!
    Suspense is a good thing and I think it would be a writer's dream to have fans begging for more....
    In the words of Boss Nass -
    Yousa doin' grand!

5. Jedi Master Ann'ho Fiida

Jedi Master Ann'ho Fiida Jedi Youngling star 2

Jul 17, 1999
    Even if it is a rut it is a well written and very interesting rut! I'm going to say the same thing I said to Sophisticated Jedi on her "Five Years in the Future..." story. Even if we only get to hear Obi-Wan meditating I will be perfectly happy.
    *Feel the Force flowing through you*

6. Lwyn'nya Kenobi

Jun 27, 1999
    *okay, more as promised*
    Chapter 6 cont.

Qui-Gon crossed his arms over his chest as his sharp eyes surveyed the town beneath the hood of his cloak. The townspeople, dressed in their meager armor for battle, gathered at the meetings grounds, awaiting the arrival of their general. So far, all was going smoothly.

They had landed their ship in the middle of the night, hiding it deep from view. Kai-Jen and himself had brought hte blue face paint that would mask their true appearance, plus leather and armor that mirrored the Aryslian's uniforms.

Kai-Jen stood to his side, sharing a brief look with the fellow Jedi Master. They knew they were in over their heads with this.

"Soldiers!" a sharp, commanding voice rang out. Instantly, all eyes turned to see a tall, blue-skinned woman in full warrior armor ride up to them on a War-Goleth, a four-legged steed with twin horns, dressed for battle. The woman sat tall and proud, wearing a grim look on her face that broke no argument. From his first glance at the woman, Qui-Gon could easily tell that this was a woman born to take command, a natural leader.

So this is the legendary Arysta Kii.

The woman eyed the sea of makeshift soldiers before her and shook her head. "It is desperate times that make us have to march into battle with our families. But unless we fight, we can do nothing but sit back and watch our loved ones, our children suffer and die due to hunger and poverty!"

This stirred a murmur that ran through the crowd.

"The Northerners seek to keep us from the prosperities that our hard work should reap! The Theilan favores the soft, weak Northerners who put him into office! He would rather see us die while his people eat like kings from the food we provide!"

Arysta's passionate speech brought about its desired effect. A blanket of anger and injustice covered the mass of soldiers, stirring forth their loyalty, dedication.

"This supposed 'Theilan' who is supposed to be a representative of all people of Chelest 4 is not only turning his back to the plight he created for us, but is going out of his way to see that we suffer for . . . what?? What crime have we committed other than the sin for being a fellow Chelestian??!"

The crowd of people were practically livid by now.

"And now his Black Demon Warlord rides his hord through our lands, slaughtering our people, simply because we cry out against the injustice his Theilan has wrought?!?"

Shouts of anger spewed forth. The spark of vengeance lit in every eye. Every eye, except for the two Jedi.

The Aryslian General surveyed her people, as her tone evened. "We are not a warring faction, but desperate times now place swords in our hands to fight back against the injustice. We must drive back Cegan Gor's army of Inquisition and destroy his Warlord! And now, my people, I ask this of you: by your nomination, you have made me your leader. I ask you to join me in the fight against the Northerners. Stand by my side as we drive them out of our land and take back what they have stolen from us!"

The crowd shouted their approval, raising their swords high above their heads.

"We may have once been Chelestians, but our own brethren have turned their back on us and sentenced us to an unfair existance!"

The crowd was wild now, yelling their agreement, screaming their conviction.

"They are our people no longer!"

to be cont.

7. Old Juan

Old Juan Jedi Master star 4

Apr 1, 1999
    Very cool Lets keep it rolling

8. The Beef Chick

The Beef Chick Jedi Youngling

Jul 26, 1999
    Yeah! Let the carnage begain!

9. Kyra Kenobi

Kyra Kenobi Jedi Youngling

Jul 13, 1999
    MORE! MORE! MORE! MORE!
    hey, is might sound sick...but what the hell?
    we DO want MORE!
    *lol*

10. Lwyn'nya Kenobi

Jun 27, 1999
    *Hey everyone! I'm here at work till around 10:00 tonight, so I'll be adding bits and pieces consecutively between this story, "Dark Side of Truth", "What If Episode 1 Chapter 2", and "What if Anakin DIDN'T win the podrace". *
    cont.

Night had descended on Paalix like a giant paintbrush drenching the sky in a thick coat of darkness. A handful of stars were thrown into the canvas, their brilliance paling in comparison to the luminous moon that hung center in the night sky.

In the town the weary soldiers, exhausted from their strenuous training, milled about the large bonfire set in the center of town like moths to the large, warming flames. Despite their tiredness, the make-shift soldiers? remained optimistic. They spoke of the daily events, last months harvests, the local gossip, as if having to wear armor and carry a sword didn?t stop their normal lives from continuing. As if the paid no mind to the heavily probability of death that loomed over them all.

Either they?re very courageous, or very foolish, Qui-Gon thought to himself as he stood apart from the group, awaiting the arrival of Arysta Kii. Kai-Jen, similarly disguised in her Aryslian armor and blue make-up, stood by his side, surveying the area.

Almost from their arrival, Qui-Gon and Kai-Jen had quickly stood out in the Aryslian General?s eyes. Desperate for someone with tactical knowledge and experience, she quickly appointed the two disguised Jedi as her war advisors.

Sometimes the best place to hide is right out in the open. This was a cliché that Qui-Gon swore by. Given the large number of Aryslians, the Master Jedi was quite confident that not many people would know one from the other, which increased their chances of keeping their true identity a secret.

After a moment, the blue-skinned Aryslian General approached the two. Qui-Gon Jinn studied the woman as she approached. It was easy to see how Arysta Kii was chosen to lead these people, despite the Chelestian?s misogymist presumptions about women and their subservant place in life. Authority and reverence hovered around her like a shell. The look in Arysta Kii?s eyes exhibited her unyielding strength; the tone in her voice broke no argument. She was in no way mean or cruel in the way she spoke to her people. Instead, she spoke to them with a tone of respect and care. Qui-Gon had seen many leaders in his life, but he admired only a select few. Given her background and the sacrifices she had made in the name of her people, Qui-Gon had to admit that this woman impressed him.

Arysta?s eyes were set and even as she approached her newly-appointed advisors. With a flick of her head, she tossed back her long onyx hair over her shoulder. Qui-Gon and Kai-Jen bowed as they stepped back from the entrance to the emptied town hall.

?It is good that you are here,? Arysta acknowledged them both, never faultering in her step as she approached and opened the door. ?We have much to plan tonight.? With that, she walked into the room, unshouldering her knapsack that held her plans.

Sharing a look, the two Jedi followed the Aryslian General and closed the door behind them.

11. Lwyn'nya Kenobi

Jun 27, 1999
    cont.

Obi-Wan drew his knees to his chest, sinking father into the darkness and recesses of his hooded cloak. He sat apart from the mass circle of soldiers hovering around the campfire. The less he associated with the Arysians, the better his true identity kept secret. The warmth of the fireplace was just beyond the reach of his fingertips, and it was bitterly cold. But not so much from the chill in the air, no this cold stemmed from the young Jedi's surmounting fear.

What have I gotten myself into this time??

Getting here was the easy part. Obi-Wan had acted without consciously thinking about it. But it wasn't the Force that led him here, not quite. Something deeper in him spurned him to go, despite the heavy penalty for doing so. Everything happened so fast that Obi-Wan hadn't stopped to even consider the consequences of his actions.

But now, sitting alone with his thoughts, he had plenty of time. And now he was losing himself in his growing fear and panic. What was he thinking in coming here?? Master Yoda was right. He didn't have the political cunning, the subterfuge ability to pull off something like this! He had disobeyed not only the Counsel's orders, but also Master Qui-Gon's decision to take another Jedi in his place. Now he was embroiled in a war in which the Aryslians were outnumbered, outclassed, and woefully inexperienced. This wasn't a war! This was a suicide mission! Plus, if his true nature of a Jedi was inadvertantly revealed, it meant dire consequences for both the Jedi Counsel and the Chancellor. Both were completely out of their jurisdiction here!

And what of Master Qui-Gon? How could he possibly hope to justify his actions to his Master? That he risked everything because of some weird reoccuring dream? Not to mention the fact that Qui-Gon would be insulted to think that someone of a lower class and ability was going to save his life? The cold seeped through his clothing and the young Jedi huddled in the darkness, shivering.

But it was more than a dream. Something was truly wrong. For some reason Qui-Gon couldn't sense the danger behind him. Obi-Wan still wasn't sure if this dream was in any way prophetic, but he wasn't about to risk his Master's life on a 'maybe'.

A flicker of movement on his left snapped him out of his brooding. A young, blue-skinned girl, looking no older than about eight or nine years of age, sat alone in the distance. She was wrapped in the oversized armor and clothing that hung off her frail, shivering, frame. Her large, luminous, silver eyes were wide with brimming tears, and a small object was clutched in her right hand.

Obi-Wan shook his head at the sight. For so long, he had heard tales about war, but they were always mentioned in a matter-of-factly way, as if he were reading about it in the library of the Temple. But to see a young child dressed for war, doing exactly what she was told to do without conscious thought that there was a strong chance she wouldn't live to see tomorrow . . .

Slowly, he got up and approached the young Aryslian girl, unrolling the large sheet he had planned to use as a bed for the night and wrapped it about the girl's shoulders. Suprised, the startled girl stared up at him, quickly running the back of her hand across her eyes to wipe away the traces of tears.

Giving the girl a friendly smile, glad for something to take his mind off his troubled thoughts, he sat down next to her, nodding his head towards the large bonfire. "What are you doing out here all by yourself? Why not join your friends by the fire?"

The girl gave him a troubled, sorrowful look and then stared down at the warm sheet around her. Her wide eyes were guarded as if they held a dire secret that she both feared and yearned to tell. "I . . . t-they don't like me much."

The young Jedi looked the girl over and gave a small laugh. "Why wouldn't they like a cute little kid like you?"

"I'm not a little kid!" the girl snapped, giving Obi-Wan a defiant look. "I'll be eight-and-a-half next season!"

Eight years old . . . eight years old, and she'll have to face the horrors

12. AstrGO

AstrGO Jedi Youngling

Aug 15, 1999
    Hello, this is my first time in here, please forgive me if I had said anything wrong...
    I really love this story, please keep on writing this story, I am looking forward to read all of it...please...
    I guess patience is what I must have, however, I doubt how long my patience can last...

13. Lwyn'nya Kenobi

Jun 27, 1999
    Okay, last post was updated I might be able to get another chapter in tonight, and hopefully one more done on "Dark Side of Truth"

~ Lwyn

14. Veridea

Veridea Jedi Youngling

May 26, 1999
    whoooo!!!! Plleeeeez keeep writing!!!!

15. femalepadawan

Jul 29, 1999
    now i know how my dog feels after dinner begging for human food, except that i'm begging for more story! hmm, yummy!
    fp

16. Jedi Master Ann'ho Fiida

Jul 17, 1999
    Pleeeeease! I want more story! This is way too good!

Does this take place after Recreating A Jedi? I was wondering because of Obi-Wan's alias, Alexyn.

17. Khab

Khab Jedi Youngling star 1

May 23, 1999
    WRITE ALREADY!!!! *starts pounding on her keyboard in frustration*

18. Lwyn'nya Kenobi

Jun 27, 1999
    Hey everyone

Sorry I've been so slow in writing. Been fighting a really bad case of the blues. But I should have something new by tonight Thanks everyone, for being so patient with me

19. Old Juan

Old Juan Jedi Master star 4

Apr 1, 1999
    Hmkay...that's alright Lwyn'nya. We will be good little Jedi's and be patient. We know you won't dissappoint Hmkay

20. Jedi Master Ann'ho Fiida

Jul 17, 1999
    Lwyn'nya, I'm so sorry to hear that you've been feeling low. I hope that you're feeling better.

21. Lwyn'nya Kenobi

Jun 27, 1999
    Awww, you guys!

Well, I have a bit of bad news. I've reallllly gotta get some sleep tonight, so unfortunately, I won't have time to add more to this one or Face of the Enemy tonight. (the product of being up till 6 am yesterday, PLUS going to school, practice, and work on top of it all) BUT, I will have time tomorrow after practice to add some more

Love always,

Lwyn'nya Kenobi
    Mistress of the Midnight Hour

22. Amidala22

Amidala22 Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 20, 1999
    tomorrow!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    *falls face first into keyboard crying in frustration*

23. femalepadawan

Jul 29, 1999
    wow, lw, you sound like me except put rehearsal where you have practice! i really like this story, mostly cause obi gets to be a little reble!
    fp,
    btw, all, what do you think of the name Midgeoura (Midge-aura)?
    fp

24. Lwyn'nya Kenobi

Jun 27, 1999
    Chapter 7

The blue-skinned General sighed as she stood over the unfurled plans. Qui-Gon and Kai-Jen kept their hoods over their heads. Even with their blue skin paint to disguise them as Aryslian people, they weren't about to take any chances.

The Jedi Master studied Arysta Kii. Her posture and structure represented strength and vitality, but her eyes held the look of an old soul, one that had seen too much.

"Damn the Theilan!" she murmured to herself, one hand unconsciously clutching the corner of the battle plans that were spread out on the table. "He knew the South wouldn't be able to sustain a war! His armies outnumber ours. They have the benefits of technology and resources. We are farmers!"

Kai-Jen said nothing as the Aryslian General continued. Too often she had seen sad episodes just as this. The ruler of a nation turning on a sect of his people, knowing that they wouldn't be able to fight back. She shared a quick glance with Qui-Gon. This is a suicide mission they are on!

Sighing, Arysta looked up at her to aids. "What is worse is that we suspect a traitor in our midst. Cegan Gor's Black General has been able to head us off at every strike! It's as if he knows our move even before we do!" She shook her head bitterly. "It pains me to think that one of our own people, who have suffered along with us, could turn on us like that!"

Qui-Gon waited a moment before speaking. "What do you suggest, General?"

Arysta studied the map before her. She pointed a long blue finger at an area in a mountain pass. "Here. We have to make an attack for Riix, the capitol city. Our only hope for stopping this war quickly is to take our fight to Cegan Gor himself. The longer this war continues, the more our people are dying. It is rumored that General Xalor and his troops are here," she pointed across the way. "That should give us a chance to cross through Naelian Pass in the Quisar Mountains. It's the shortest route to Riix. We'll leave first thing in the morning."

Qui-Gon and Kai-Jen nodded.

"Now get some rest. We'll reconvene in the morning."

Qui-Gon turned and headed out the door while Kai-Jen helped Arysta Kii with the plans. A cool rush of air reached him and he took in a deep, steadying breath. The plan was risky, but it was the Aryslian's only hope. But a traitor? Who could it be?

Suddenly, Qui-Gon sensed a strange ripple in the Force. He turned slightly, as a weird sense of . . . familiarity . . . washed over him.

What?

"Ready?" Kai-Jen asked as she exited the building and walked up to him.

Still puzzled by the strange sensation, he faced her with a blank look.

Kai-Jen's eyes narrowed in concern. "Are you alright, my friend?"

Sighing, Qui-Gon shrugged off the feeling. It must have been Kai-Jen that I was sensing before. But it wasn't quite like that . . . "Y-Yes, I'm fine. It's nothing. Come. We must prepare for tomorrow."

The female Jedi nodded and followed Qui-Gon to their tent.

Off in the distance, Obi-Wan finally felt his heart start beating again. Slowly he took in breaths as he unclenched the bark of the tree he had suddenly hid behind. Inwardly, he chastised himself for losing concentration of the Force. Qui-Gon had nearly spotted him then! He had to keep a vigil over the Force, making sure to mask his presence from his Master and Master Kai-Jen.

When he was sure that the coast was clear, he slowly headed back to his tent. He huddled in the corner of his tent, hugging his knees to his chest. As he had hoped for, he was here with his Master, but never before had he felt such a strong sense of loneliness.

"Are you sure they're here?" the cold voice crackled over the hologram.

General Xa'lor looked up from where he was kneeling. "Yes, my lord. I have sensed their presence."

A smile split the sharp-featured face of the Theilan. "Good. I doubt they have suspected our true agenda yet."

The dark General shook his head. "Our final attack will hit them by complete suprise, I am sure of it."

"You had better be, Xa'lor," Cegan Gor's chilling voice threatened. "I've worked too hard, risked to

25. Kai Jinn Kenobi

Kai Jinn Kenobi Jedi Youngling

Jul 16, 1999
    Just parroting again ....
    Lwyn'nya, you are doing great, but please take care of yourself first! I for one don't want you pushing exhaustion just to give us (your loyal fans) more ... more ... MORE!!!
    oh, um, sorry...got carried away there for a second.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.