main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

"The Face of the Enemy" ~ Jedi Apprentice sequel

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction Stories--Classic JC Board (Reply-Only)' started by Lwyn'nya Kenobi, Aug 2, 1999.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Narianna

Narianna Jedi Youngling

Jul 25, 1999
    GO LWYN'NYA!!!
    This story is absolutely fab!!! I LOVE it! Lwyn'nya, you simply must be a proffesional. There's no other explanation for such talent. Keep writing, 'cause most of us can't stand such suspense, and, unfortunatly for us readers, you have terribly BRILLIANT cliffhangers. Keep writing!!!

Nari-Anna Liras
    Jedi Pupil

"In the Darkness, find the Light.
    In despair, find the hope.
    In the confusion, find the calm.
    In yourself, find the Force."

2. Amidala22

Amidala22 Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 20, 1999
    do you have any books published?? i just have to read them....how can you be so good at this?! PLEASE write more!!!!

*falls on knees in a begging gesture*

3. Lwyn'nya Kenobi

Lwyn'nya Kenobi Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 27, 1999
    Actually, I don't I have a non-Star Wars trilogy that I've been writing since Eigth Grade. I'm hoping to get it published, if only the publishing houses would talk to me.

more tonight, I promise!

4. Tyhei

Tyhei Jedi Youngling star 1

May 29, 1999
    Oh, I'm just a thread travellin' fool...yes, a thread travellin' fool...

LW--did you mean tonight? As in soon? As in, YEA! MORE GOOD STUFF TO READ!? 'Cause it would be much appreciated and much obliged, especially since this story is awesome and even though I know Mulan (fav. Disney movie), I have NO clue where this is going to go. None. Others, perhaps, but this one? Our boy's in a lot of trouble, even if Yoda "Sleeping I am not--scheming am I" Muppet manages to help somehow. Hrm...

Obi rushes over to Qui-Gon, goes to his knees, and begins presenting him with military awards with rushed explanations. His eyes never meet his Master's. Qui-Gon soon stops him, though, placing a hand on his shoulder.

"The greatest gift in life is having you for a Padawan," he says quietly, blue eyes earnest. Obi stares, stricken for a moment, then gives him a quiet smile. Qui-Gon smiles back, and the bond is restored by one small emotional confession.

Meanwhile, all the readers have their hankies out, because of course LW will write it MUCH better...

*blinks, coming out of daydream* Please hurry and post, chica! We await you...and to those others waiting, may I suggest the "Chemistry of the Dark Side" thread? (yes, shameless plug in search of feedback. can you blame me? *g*) LW gave it the title, if you want a connection. *g*

Ja ne! (to Jen...*sniff*)

[This message has been edited by Tyhei (edited 08-20-1999).]

5. Jedi Master Ann'ho Fiida

Jedi Master Ann'ho Fiida Jedi Youngling star 2

Jul 17, 1999
    AAAAAAH! I wasn't too involved in this before but now I can't wait to see where it is going! I'm so sad that school is starting soon and I won't be able to check for updates every hour on the hour (well, maybe not that often). Write on Lwyn'nya!

6. Lwyn'nya Kenobi

Jun 27, 1999
    *Okay, if this next part smacks of Mulan, that's because that's where I got it from. Hope you like it!*
    Chapter 8

Naelian Pass.

Obi-Wan surveyed the area as he and the Aryslian soldiers were marched toward the Pass. The area was basically nothing more than a wide trench between two peaks of the mountains, about double the size of the army. Rocky outcroppings textured the sides of the Pass, and dark, overcast skies hung above. The young Jedi shook his head and prayed that they would reach the other side of the Pass soon. Such a narrow passage would leave them vulnerable to an ambush. He couldn't believe that Arysta Kii, whose battle tactics were legendary, would recommend a high-risk move like this!

Yet on he trodded with the soldiers up to the mountain pass, making sure to keep his hood low over his face. Qui-Gon and Kai-Jin were a short distance away, leading the army with Arysta Kii riding point on her War-Goleth.

"There you are!" a soft voice called out from behind him. Out of reaction, Obi-Wan stiffened in shock and apprenhension. Had his cover been blown?

But he breathed a sigh of relief as Ann'hae came running up to him, a small device in her little hands. A worried look crossed her young face. "I've been looking for you all over, Alexyn!"

"What's wrong?" Obi-Wan asked.

The young Chelestian girl, breathing hard, raised the small device to the young Jedi. "This is a communication from Momma at the Palace!" she wispered in a hushed voice. "She - she said she overheard the Theilan and . . . and the Black General talking and . . . and they said that they were gonna be waiting for us at the Pass!! She - she said something about an 'ambush'!"

The word turned the blood in Obi-Wan's veins to ice as a dark feeling suffocated him. Ambush . . . my dream . . . With wide eyes he looked about. During their conversation they had kept marching, and now the army had entered Naelian Pass. Struggling, Obi-Wan tried to recall his dream, but it was a dark haze. He could remember something about a mountain pass, and an upcoming danger. He looked about the area, but it didn't resemble the mountain pass in his dream.

"Dreams are not always precise, as they are prophetic," Master Ki Adi Mundi had taught him back at the Temple.

Oh no . . .

"I've gotta tell Arysta!" Ahh'hae cried out from his side, determination set in her young face. Her voice had snapped Obi-Wan out of his reverie only too late to catch her before she took off.

"Ann'hae no!!" he ran after her.

Qui-Gon called upon the reserves of his calm as they started to enter the Mountain Pass. The Jedi Master had never been prone to acts of claustrophobia, and he had been thrown into many situations that had warranted it. But walking through such a narrow valley . . . his human sense, even before his Jedi sense, registered warning. It would be too easy for the Chelestian army to attack, leaving them nowhere to run.

"Arysta!!" a small, childlike voice called out. Both Qui-Gon and Kai-Jin turned at the sound of the voice. The Aryslian General slowly turned on her mount and signaled the army to halt.

A small girl, dressed in battle clothes that were too big for her, ran to catch up to them, her young face lined with anxiety and apprehension. In her hand was a small communication device.

"What is it, soldier?" Arysta asked the young girl.

Stopping to catch her breath, the young girl looked up to the General with wide, frightened eyes. "I . . . um . . . General Kii . . ." the solidity of the Aryslian General shook the young girl's resolve, bringing about a sense of fear. "M-My Momma . . . at the Palace . . . she t-told me . . ."

"What?!?" Arysta Kii cried out in disbelief and anger. The soldiers, responding to her outrage, started to back away from the young girl.

The young girl blanched in fear as she struggled to keep her ground. "M-My Momma . . ."

"You mean to tell me you're a Chelestian?!?" The blue-skinned general spoke the last word with a strong measure of hatred and venom.

"I . . . um . . ." the little

7. legacyAccount

legacyAccount Jedi Youngling

May 22, 2012
  8. Tyhei

Tyhei Jedi Youngling star 1

May 29, 1999
    NO!

LW...ARGH is right! He's gonna...Q-G is..AHHH! This is SOOO unfair!

update...soon...

9. Kai Jinn Kenobi

Kai Jinn Kenobi Jedi Youngling

Jul 16, 1999
    *shaking her head, chuckling ruefully* 'mistress of the midnight hour' indeed. mistress of the almighty cliffhanger is more appropriate....

10. AstrGO

AstrGO Jedi Youngling

Aug 15, 1999
    Please, write more. I love this story so much, and I really think you are a very good writer. Again, please keep up the good work and write more, I can't wait to read more about this story. Thank you.

11. Amidala22

Jun 20, 1999
    kai-jinn is right, come on LW!!! write already i can't stand this waiting any longer!!!!!!

i'll have to resort to physical violence if you don't!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

12. femalepadawan

femalepadawan Jedi Youngling

Jul 29, 1999
    *takes a deep breath* wow, i've been gone for three days so catching up on this story was amazing! keep up the good work!
    btw,
    the triliogy you've been working on, what sort of classification is it? if it falls under fantasy/sci-fi i know a place you should check out on-line. they might be able to get you published!
    fp

13. My-lon Ginn

My-lon Ginn Jedi Youngling

Jul 21, 1999
    Lwyn'nya Kenobi,

Please, please continue with the story. This is so good.

14. Likamay

Likamay Jedi Youngling star 1

May 31, 1999
    Ah!!! :0
    I just started reading these stories tonight. This is the first time I have had to wait for more of the story. I now sympathize with the rest of you. The wait is horrible.
    Lwyn'nya, I love your stuff. Don't worry about the age thing. I'm 32 and enjoying it alot. Keep up the great work!!

15. JediZuke

JediZuke Jedi Youngling

Aug 3, 1999
    MORE MORE MORE MORE MORE MORE MORE MORE MORE MORE

Using the Force I now lift this thread to the top ...

16. Garli Pesan

Garli Pesan Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 13, 2000
    Ack, don't leave me hanging. Oh yea if your still loking for names....

17. Jedi Master Ann'ho Fiida

Jedi Master Ann'ho Fiida Jedi Youngling star 2

Jul 17, 1999
    Pleease post more. I'm dying out here!

18. Narianna

Narianna Jedi Youngling

Jul 25, 1999
    Yooooooo-hooooooooooo!!!!
    Lwyn'nya, are you there? I just got news that over half the world are in the hospital under treatment for 'cliffhanger disease', and I think I'm going to catch it if you don't write soon!!!
    MORE! MORE! MORE! MORE! MORE!

Note: A big YAY 'cause I just got the
    book #3 'The Hidden Past' and I just found out that book #5 is coming out around December 1999.
    Nari-Anna Liras
    Jedi Pupil

"In the darkness, find the Light.
    In despiar, find the hope.
    In the confusion, find the calm.
    In yourself, find th Force."

19. femalepadawan

femalepadawan Jedi Youngling

Jul 29, 1999
    horay!!!!! *does a little dance* but i'm still going nut in anticipation for book #4!
    fp

20. Amidala22

Jun 20, 1999
    when's book number 4 coming out???? and LW write!!!!!!!!!

21. Old Juan

Old Juan Jedi Master star 4

Apr 1, 1999
    Yes sir I like it!

22. Khab

Khab Jedi Youngling star 1

May 23, 1999
    #4 comes out in October, I think.

23. Lwyn'nya Kenobi

Jun 27, 1999
    cont.

With fire blazing in her eyes, Arysta raised her sword high above her head, ready to cut down the traitor and her foolish friend.

"Aarrggh!!!" the Aryslian cried out as an electro-bolt, shot from above, pierced through her hand. Howling in pain, the blue-slinned woman dropped her sword from her numb fingers.

Caught by surprise, all eyes casted upwards and widened in fear. From the rock croppings up high on the mountains, a sea of black-armored warriors appeared, weapons drawn and firing.

Obi-Wan, nearly paralyzed with shock and fear, glanced quickly at the General. Arysta gasped as she watched the Chelestian army sprout from the rocks in a growing black sea. Anxiously, she looked at the two outlets of the Pass. Both were plugged with two cadres of warriors.

Faster than the young Jedi thought anyone could move, Arysta ran and jumped onto her War-Goleth. "Stand your ground!" she yelled, "If we must die today, we'll die with honor!"

The Aryslian soldiers looked at each other, unsure, as they watched the Chelestian army closing in on them, screaming their war cries. With trepidation, they drew their swords.

24. Nanai Akira

Nanai Akira Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 30, 1999
    Well, I was going to congratulate Lwyn-nya on reaching 4 pages. That is UNTIL I realized that most of the posts are us begging Lwyn to write more! <giggle>

What's up with that!?!

Just kidding, Lwyn-nya, take all the time you need!

25. JediZuke

JediZuke Jedi Youngling

Aug 3, 1999
    MORE MORE MORE MORE MORE ... PLEASE

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.