main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

"The Face of the Enemy" ~ Jedi Apprentice sequel

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction Stories--Classic JC Board (Reply-Only)' started by Lwyn'nya Kenobi, Aug 2, 1999.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. AstrGO

AstrGO Jedi Youngling

Aug 15, 1999
    This story is very good (I can't find any more word other than 'very goood', because it is!) And I know I should not push you... However, I really want to know what will happen.
    Please write faster....thank you.

2. Kai Jinn Kenobi

Kai Jinn Kenobi Jedi Youngling

Jul 16, 1999
    Just bringing this thread back to the top so it doesn't get lost.
    *considering the repercussions of kneeling to beg Lwyn'nya's attention. Weighing all the possibilities, deciding it couldn't hurt...*

please please please please?

Welcome back, Lwyn'nya. You think you had a Hell-week. Have you spoken to the fans you left hanging???

3. My-lon Ginn

My-lon Ginn Jedi Youngling

Jul 21, 1999
    Thanks for continuing the story. I love it!

4. Lwyn'nya Kenobi

Lwyn'nya Kenobi Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 27, 1999
    *ARRGGHH!! This is the third time I've tried to write this! My computer kept crashing, and I didn't have it saved. So, here it is again*
    cont.

Slowly drawing his sword, Obi-Wan surveyed the scene. Like a sea of black death, the hordes of Chelestian warriors raced upon them, their weapons held high, pre-emptive triumph gleaming in their eyes. The Aryslian soldiers drew their swords and stood their ground. Farmers and housewives, children and elderly, all dressed in armor that didn't suit them, armed with crude weapons, faced off against the Chelestian army. In their eyes, the young Jedi saw fear, but something more brilliant burned behind that fear. The Aryslians stood together with family and friends. Their strength was in each other. They were terribly outnumbered, woefully unskilled in combat, and their weapons were unmatched against the Chelestians. Yet they stood together, sharing a single hope between them. Live or die, they would fight together, and the wall of conviction was evident in every Aryslian eye.

Obi-Wan shook his head as the army neared closer. Such foolish bravery . . .

A warcry snapped his attention back to reality, and Obi-Wan twisted his body to avoid being cleaved in half by a Chelestian warrior. The battle had engaged, and the Chelestians who were on flat land had surrounded the Aryslians, with their men above on the rock croppings adding to the manslaughter.

((off to dinner, I'll add more when I return))

5. AstrGO

AstrGO Jedi Youngling

Aug 15, 1999
    Finally!!! Alright!!! Thanks a lot!!!!
    I can't wait to read more!!!(Sorry I repeat myself again and again, but that is my thought.) Please!!!!

6. femalepadawan

femalepadawan Jedi Youngling

Jul 29, 1999
    yeah lw! i'm glad your hell week is over, i am really loving this story keep up the wonderful work!
    fp

7. Réka

Réka Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 17, 1999
    Lwyn'nya, exactly how much time do you need for eating dinner? It's been a day already...

8. Lwyn'nya Kenobi

Jun 27, 1999

Qui-Gon struggled with the primitive sword that he fought with. Although all Jedi are trained in use of a variety of weapons, he had to admit he?d always been partial to his lightsaber. And it was showing. Qui-Gon gritted his teeth as he fought against a small band of Chelestian warriors who had
    surrounded him. Across the way, Kai-Jen was keeping busy fighting back a larger group of warriors. Worry had started to take him as he surveyed the scene with his peripheral vision. Without help, this could very well be the last stand of the Aryslians, not to mention for himself and Kai-Jen as well!
    Focusing, he tried to grasp the Force flowingn around him to aid in his
    attack, but it was as if he had suddenly entered an impenetrable sphere. He
    could sense the Force just beyond his reach, and no matter how hard he tried, he couldn?t tap it.

Fear pumped in his veins. Use of the Force was the only advantage he had over the Chelestians. Struggling to push his fear to the farthest reaches of his mind, Qui-Gon parried the trio of electro-swords that were intent on running him through. In the heat of the battle, Qui-Gon found himself
    longing for his apprentice to be here with him. His Padawan?s inexhaustible
    energy and courage had always given him a sense of hope even when the
    situation was hopeless. Plus, it was a lot easier to soothe the boy?s fears
    than it was to salve his own.

. . . Obi-Wan . . . how I need you now!

As the battle raged, Obi-Wan?s panic started to grow. The Chelestians were practically upon them now, and the Aryslians were fighting desperately for their very lives. The young Jedi fought viciously against a Chelestian warrior atop a War-Goleth. Despite the severity of the situation, something
    dark was playing in the back of his mind, something he could put a finger on . . .

A small cry shrieked from his left as he saw Ann?hae running from a small band of Chelestians with electro-blades. Shoving his own small sword into the War-Goleth, he turned from the warrior as the roaring beast threw him off, and the young Jedi ran for his friend. He reached her a microsecond before the warriors did and yanked the both of them to safety as they toppled over each other.

?L-Look!? Ann?hae cried, pointing behind Obi-Wan, her eyes wide and luminous in terror. Even before the small girl had cried out alarmingly, Obi-Wan could sense something wrong. However, this sense didn?t lay on the Force. No, this feeling was deeper down, like a cold feeling in the depth of his soul. Slowly, the young Jedi turned about to see . . .

. . . my dream!

Qui-Gon, still in his disguise, stood a short distance from him, fighting off a small band of Chelestians, so completely drawn into the battle that he neglected to see the massive, black-armored figure looming behind him. The
    dark figure, sitting atop his own armored War-Goleth, smiled in derision and
    raised his electro-halberd high above his head, aiming to slice the disguised Jedi in two.

The breath caught in Obi-Wan?s lungs and his blood ran cold in fear. He wanted to scream a warning, but the cacophony of the battle would drown it out. Acting on instinct, the young Jedi sprinted towards his Master, trying to reach out to the Force to send warning.

Just like my dream . . . Qui-Gon, why can?t you sense him?!?

But it was as if the ripples had struck a glass orb around the two antagonists and bounced back. Shock took hold of him, but it did nothing to impede his desperate dash to save his Master.

It?s as if he?s a void in the Force?!? How is this possible??

But he had no time to wonder as the blade descended upon the back of the
    unsuspecting Jedi Master.

?NOOO!!? Obi-Wan screamed as he shoved Qui-Gon aside, just seconds before
    the electrified blade could cleave him in half. However, his desperate play did not insure his own safety. The young Jedi cried out as the blade had caught him in a glancing blow to his right side. Obi-Wan stumbled as his right hand grasped his would. He could feel the blood starting to well and warm his fingers.

Qui-Gon shook his head, reeling from b

9. Jedi Eowyn

Jedi Eowyn Jedi Youngling star 3

Jul 28, 1999
    What happens!!!???
    Lwyn'nya Kenobi, I really like your story.
    Now, What happens!!!???

10. Amidala22

Amidala22 Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 20, 1999
    continue lw!!!!!!!!!!!!! what happens?

11. Narianna

Narianna Jedi Youngling

Jul 25, 1999
    stares at the screen open-mouthed
    Oh my gosh! More Lwyn'nya! MORE

Nari-Anna Liras
    Jedi Pupil

"In the darkness, find the Light.
    In despair, find the hope.
    In the confusion, find the calm.
    In yourself, find the Force."

12. femalepadawan

femalepadawan Jedi Youngling

Jul 29, 1999
    ahhhhhh! okay i'm better now, i think. oh yes you are definatley a master of cliffhangers!
    fp

13. Lwyn'nya Kenobi

Jun 27, 1999
    *Hey everyone! Sorry for my long hiatus, I've just been reading some rather unbelievable (in the truest sense of the term) fanfiction. But I'm back! *
    Qui-Gon struggled with the primitive sword that he fought with. Although all Jedi are trained in use of a variety of weapons, he had to admit he?d always been partial to his lightsaber. And it was showing. Qui-Gon gritted his teeth as he fought against a small band of Chelestian warriors who had surrounded him. Across the way, Kai-Jen was keeping busy fighting back a larger group of warriors. Worry had started to take him as he surveyed the scene with his peripheral vision. Without help, this could very well be the last stand of the Aryslians, not to mention for himself and Kai-Jen as well! Focusing, he tried to grasp the Force flowingn around him to aid in his attack, but it was as if he had suddenly entered an impenetrable sphere. He could sense the Force just beyond his reach, and no matter how hard he tried, he couldn?t tap it.

Fear pumped in his veins. Use of the Force was the only advantage he had over the Chelestians. Struggling to push his fear to the farthest reaches of his mind, Qui-Gon parried the trio of electro-swords that were intent on running him through. In the heat of the battle, Qui-Gon found himself longing for his apprentice to be here with him. His Padawan?s inexhaustible energy and courage had always given him a sense of hope even when the situation was hopeless. Plus, it was a lot easier to soothe the boy?s fears than it was to salve his own.

. . . Obi-Wan . . . how I need you now!

As the battle raged, Obi-Wan?s panic started to grow. The Chelestians were practically upon them now, and the Aryslians were fighting desperately for their very lives. The young Jedi fought viciously against a Chelestian warrior atop a War-Goleth. Despite the severity of the situation, something dark was playing in the back of his mind, something he could put a finger on . . .

A small cry shrieked from his left as he saw Ann?hae running from a small band of Chelestians with electro-blades. Shoving his own small sword into the War-Goleth, he turned from the warrior as the roaring beast threw him off, and the young Jedi ran for his friend. He reached her a microsecond before the warriors did and yanked the both of them to safety as they toppled over each other.

?L-Look!? Ann?hae cried, pointing behind Obi-Wan, her eyes wide and luminous in terror. Even before the small girl had cried out alarmingly, Obi-Wan could sense something wrong. However, this sense didn?t lay on the Force. No, this feeling was deeper down, like a cold feeling in the depth of his soul. Slowly, the young Jedi turned about to see . . .

. . . my dream!

Qui-Gon, still in his disguise, stood a short distance from him, fighting off a small band of Chelestians, so completely drawn into the battle that he neglected to see the massive, black-armored figure looming behind him. The dark figure, sitting atop his own armored War-Goleth, smiled in derision and raised his electro-halberd high above his head, aiming to slice the disguised Jedi in two.

The breath caught in Obi-Wan?s lungs and his blood ran cold in fear. He wanted to scream a warning, but the cacophony of the battle would drown it out. Acting on instinct, the young Jedi sprinted towards his Master, trying to reach out to the Force to send warning.

Just like my dream . . . Qui-Gon, why can?t you sense him?!?

But it was as if the ripples had struck a glass orb around the two antagonists and bounced back. Shock took hold of him, but it did nothing to impede his desperate dash to save his Master.

It?s as if he?s a void in the Force?!? How is this possible??

But he had no time to wonder as the blade descended upon the back of the unsuspecting Jedi Master.

?NOOO!!? Obi-Wan screamed as he shoved Qui-Gon aside, just seconds before the electrified blade could cleave him in half. However, his desperate play did not insure his own safety. The young Jedi cried out as the blade had caught h

14. Jedi Master Ann'ho Fiida

Jedi Master Ann'ho Fiida Jedi Youngling star 2

Jul 17, 1999
    Yea! An update! I love it! Pleeease post more! I am suffering from Lywn'nya withdrawal!

15. Amidala22

Amidala22 Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 20, 1999
    yea let's have some more!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

16. Padawin Learner Rachael

Padawin Learner Rachael Jedi Youngling

Aug 26, 1999
    Oh my gosh....this story rocks. Okay I'm new here so these are the first stories I have read and they rock this is the besyt fan-fiction I have ever read. Count me as a number one fan!!!!! Please as a great writer (flatter flatter) can you please read my first piece of writing please. Ignore the bad spelling and Grammar. Please read it it would be an honor. It's called Kithera's Music. Please read
    Thankyou

17. Padawin Learner Rachael

Padawin Learner Rachael Jedi Youngling

Aug 26, 1999
    Oh my gosh....this story rocks. Okay I'm new here so these are the first stories I have read and they rock this is the best fan-fiction I have ever read. Count me as a number one fan!!!!! Please as a great writer (flatter flatter) can you please read my first piece of writing please. Ignore the bad spelling and Grammar. Please read it it would be an honor. It's called Kithera's Music. Please read
    Thankyou

18. Lwyn'nya Kenobi

Jun 27, 1999
    *Just to let y'all know, I'm still trying to come up with something for Dark Side of Truth. I've hit a stalemate on it, and am trying to come up with something. Hope this can tide you over in the meantime! *
    A thousand questions and hundreds more lectures spun through the Jedi Master's mind as he watched his disguised opponent stare down the Dark General. But a horrific scream from behind alerted both master and apprentice to the carnage behind them. The Chelestian army was quickly overtaking the small Aryslian army.

Within the recesses of the large, black helmet, Xa'lor smiled evilly as he raised his electro-halberd for another attack. He would see this impetuous Jedi cleaved in two before him!

Acting without thinking, Obi-Wan spun and ran for Qui-Gon, grabbing him by the arm and racing them both away from the General. The Jedi Master simply followed, too shocked, aghast, and angry to lay into his Padawan and too worried by the blood seeping from the gash in his side to do anything but follow him.

Seeing Kai-Jen slashing through a handful of Chelestian soldiers, Obi-Wan released Qui-Gon, practically throwing him in the direction of the other Jedi Knight. Kai-Jen ran to Qui-Gon's side, her eyes inquisitive and worried, an internal conversation ensuing between the two Jedi Masters.

Caught in a panic, Obi-Wan surveyed the area. The Aryslians could barely hold their own against Xa'lor's ground troops. The deadly shower of electro-bolts being fired from above proved to be the Dark General's advantage.

A quick glance at the struggling Aryslians made up Obi-Wan's mind. If I don't do this, there will be no chance for them! He only hoped Qui-Gon could wait to later (if there was a later) to chew him out, and follow his lead.

Struggling to find a sense of calm, the young Jedi stared at the giant boulders above the mountain faces. They were currently supported by a mound of smaller boulders, but if he could just nudge them with the Force . . .

Raising a hand, his eyes fluttered closed. Summoning all of his training, Obi-Wan sent a reverberating Force shockwave that slammed both sides of the mountain face, dislodging the smaller boulders that supported the two giant boulders.

A deep rumbling from above brought the farce to a halt as all eyes cast upwards. Suddenly, horrified screams from the Chelestian 'snipers' above were drowned out in the simultaneous landslides of the two mountain faces. Waves of boulders of all sizes rained down, crushing anyone and anything in their path.

At the base of the pass, all warriors scurried and ran, desperate for any shelter from the barrage of rocks raining from above. Across the battlefield, Obi-Wan stared at the Black General, their eyes locking once again.

Obi-Wan sneered in triumph.
    Xa'lor reared back on his War-Goleth, looking incessantly angry enough to risk his life to slaughter the upstart Jedi before him, but his mission was all-important. Raising his electro-halberd in the air, he signaled a retreat. Those of his men that were on his side of the pass ran shrieking for the northern exit of the pass. Likewise, the Aryslians, who mostly occupied the southern exit of the pass, ran desperately to find safety from the lethal waves of boulders that rained down, carrying the pummeled and mangled corpses of the Chelestian 'snipers' with them. What few of the Chelestians that were trapped on the southern end of the pass were easily overwhelmed by the Aryslians as they scurried for safety.

Obi-Wan looked about desperately as he dodged two massive boulders that nearly smashed him. Maybe this wasn't such a great idea after all!! As he started to race for the southern exit, he watched as Qui-Gon and Kai-Jen had herded most of the Aryslian soldiers, including Ann'hae, to the southern exit of the pass. Most were safe. Now he had to worry about getting himself to safety and fast!!

The shriek of a War-Goleth behind him alerted him to a new danger. Arysta, who had been in the middle of the battlefield when the forced rockslides had started

19. Nanai Akira

Nanai Akira Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 30, 1999
    Oh, poor Obi-Wan! Let's keep this up on the first page!

20. AstrGO

AstrGO Jedi Youngling

Aug 15, 1999
    a very good one...but...(crying for Obi-Wan) ...I won't be able to online in this weekend, I think I will have to use all of my patience to wait and wait....
    Poor poor Obi-Wan...

p.s. Please keep on the good work.

21. The Beef Chick

The Beef Chick Jedi Youngling

Jul 26, 1999
    Nooooooo! Please tell me Obi-Wan saves the day.

22. Jedi Eowyn

Jedi Eowyn Jedi Youngling star 3

Jul 28, 1999
    O NO!!! (This is great! ) O NO!!

23. legacyAccount

legacyAccount Jedi Youngling

May 22, 2012
    Qui-Gon has always be harsh to Obi-Wan, this is not the first time...

Excellent ! Go on !

24. Lwyn'nya Kenobi

Jun 27, 1999
    *clears throat* Okay, now for my final post:

THE END

*Are you still reading this?*

*Okay, so I lied. It's not really the end of the story. I just wanted to see you have a mild heartattack before I continued *

Shivering more from the shock and misery than from the bitter cold of the growing dusk, Obi-Wan watched them go with eyes that shined with tears he would not shed. He had traveled all this way, risked jeopardizing himself, Qui-Gon and Master Kai-Jen, and the namesake of the Jedi to save his teacher, his friend, . . . his father for all sakes and purposes, from a death he envisioned in the sordid dream. And now the image of Qui-Gon's cold, unfeeling stare at him had burned itself into his retinas and his mind. The warning edge in his Master's voice still rang in his ears and his soul. He had saved Qui-Gon from death, but his Master's chilling look and venomous voice greatly exposed that Obi-Wan was now dead to Qui-Gon.

The former Jedi had no conscious idea of how long exactly he had stayed there, unmoving, kneeling on legs too shaky to support him, his hands clasping the bandaged wound in his side. At least they were able to fix the wound before Arysta came barging in and dragging me out by my hair, he thought bitterly. But now he was stranded here, at the base of Naelian Pass in nothing more than his leggings, boots, and bandages.

A small flicker of movement drew his attention to Ann'hae, who had been so quiet and still since the confrontation that Obi-Wan had forgotten that she was still here. The little girl, her face a morose mirror of Obi-Wan's, shook off the large cloak that the former Jedi had given to her several nights prior and wrapped it about him. Before Obi-Wan could object, the young Chelestian girl placed a hand over his mouth, a stern look on her youthful face. "You need it more than I do," she reminded him and Obi-Wan let the subject rest, satisfied with pulling the young girl close to him so that the cloak could cover both of them.

With wide, inquisitive eyes, she looked up at Obi-Wan. "So its true?" she asked, her tone leaving no confusion as to exactly what she was certifying as being truth. "You are a Jedi!"

"Was," Obi-Wan choked out, struggling to maintain his composure at the sharp pain in his heart that the single word brought.

Ann'hae, sensing his hidden pain, reached out and enveloped his lean body in a warm hug of reassurance. Smiling ruefully, Obi-Wan returned her hug, thankful for at least one person who wouldn't forsake him.

The small Chelestian girl pulled back and placed her small hands on Obi-Wan's face almost as if she was inspecting him. "I don't understand."

At the young man's upraised eyebrow, the girl continued with her explanation. "Momma says that the Theilan mentions the Jedi a lot, and behind 'closed doors' as she puts it. But you don't look evil."

In the depths of Obi-Wan's mind a little voice rejoiced for the confusion that set in that temporarily put his misery aside. "What do you mean? The Jedi aren't evil. We've been raised and trained to fight evil." And from the sketchy details that he had been told about the shady Theilan, he found it quite difficult that Cegan Gor could possibly classify anyone else as being evil.

Ann'hae merely shrugged, the intricacies and subterfuge of politics were far beyond her grasp. "Momma just says that she hears the Theilan mention you . . ." the young girl blushed, her eyes casting downward in remorse at the flash of pain that crossed her older friend's drawn face, ". . . that the Theilan mentions the Jedi often. And he's not too nice when he talks about 'em, either."

The young Chelestian girl's voice had sparked some curiosity in Obi-Wan. With someone as morally and politically corrupt as this Cegan Gor had been rumored to be, it would make sense that he would despise the light and justice that the Jedi stood for. But from Ann'hae's story it sounded like the Theilan had something . . . personal . . . against the Jedi.

"A

25. Jedi Master Ann'ho Fiida

Jedi Master Ann'ho Fiida Jedi Youngling star 2

Jul 17, 1999
    I love this story!!!! I'm so glad you updated Lwyn'nya!!! Can we expect more soon?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.