main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

The Fact Finding Thread: Ask all SW universe facts here

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction and Writing Resource' started by Cam_Mulonus, Jul 22, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Cam_Mulonus

Cam_Mulonus Jedi Master star 4

Jul 29, 2002
    Most people should just look up the facts for themselves at the Completely Unofficial Encyclopedia at this site, but sometimes they still can't find out what they want to know.

I'm doing this mainly because of the large amounts of 'questions threads' about SW universe info. Where was Dodonna during the NJO? What happened to naboo after the Empire fell?

Note: This is not a thread where we will give out help on characterization. This is simply a thread to help with those who have trouble with some Star Wars Facts. correct spellings, and proper timeline of events.

This is to help lessen the number of five reply question threads here, which kinda bug me. Just trying to save a little space, even though this isn't a particularly large forum.

Now, here's kinda how it should go:

Got a question? (Ex: What was General Veers doing before he commanded the walkers on Hoth?)

Ask it here.

Then, I'm going to ask that board readers (not just veterans, anyone can help with the facts) come in, and offer to find that particular fact out, or give it if you already know it.

Ex:

Cam_MUlonus,

I'll see if I can't find this out for you...

Then, when you have gotten the answer, please post it in here, and make sure you address the person who asked the question.

Like this:

Cam_Mulonus ,

Veers was a Colonel at the Imperial Training Facilities on Carida. There, he taught young cadets military strategy, and ended up being transferred to the first Death Star. He and a few others escaped the exploding station aboard a shuttle, and crash landed on the moon Yavin 4. He was rescued by an Imperial Ground Force led by Brenn Tantor, and was promoted to General, and came under command of the walkers in Vader's fleet.

Source: The New Essential Guide to Characters

Make sure you are detailed in your response. And make sure you post your reference source. We can't have people give out facts without proof. Just like real life. ;)

Anyway, hope this helps...

2. JDH3

JDH3 Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 27, 2003
    Ok in the new book "Legacy of the Jedi" Lorian Nod is the leader of "Junction 5"? What the heck is "Junction 5" Anyone have a clue let me know, please.

3. LadyMairead

LadyMairead Jedi Padawan star 4

May 20, 2002
    Cam- I think this is a fantastic idea, but I believe a thread already exists that serves much the same purpose. The Fanfic Writer's Help and Information Thread, run by rouge11lovesjag, is available for anyone who has fact-based questions such as those you mentioned. Instead of having two seperate thread, perhaps you could PM her and ask if she needs help. I know there are always a lot of questions around there that need answers. However, it is just a suggestion. :)

4. Amidala_Skywalker

Amidala_Skywalker Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 4, 2001
    ^ LM said everything I was going to say.

Both yours and rogue11lovesjag?s threads serve (from what I can see) the same purpose. Rogue11lovesjag?s thread has been in operation for some time, but users continue to create new threads to ask their questions. I don?t think that practice will ever go out of fashion, no matter how many ?help threads? there are. There?s always a portion of what is defined as ?clutter? in a forum ? and sometimes it?s quite essential, as it can start various discussions and start opinions flowing. Follow the link to the other topic LM has given, have a look about, and if you think your question thread differs from her, you can justify why this one should remain open. On the other hand, as LM suggested, you could always volunteer to help rogue11lovesjag.

Nevertheless, the basic idea behind this topic is very good.

Edit: clarity.

5. Cam_Mulonus

Cam_Mulonus Jedi Master star 4

Jul 29, 2002
    Honestly, I had no idea that was a fact thread. I read the title and thought it was a basic grammar, plot, stuff like that thread, and since I still saw question threads.

Well, I'll go ahead and lock this. Can't blame me for tryin' eh? ;)

And I'd ask in the specified thread above, JDH3. I've never heard of the book, nor it's contents...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.