side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Delight

Delight Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 25, 2001
    Yes, it'd be sad when TFL comes to a hiatus. The story is something that I look forward to, to keep me going. Well, there's always (the Matrix)^2, Return of the King, and who-knows-what-else. Well, I'm not ashamed to say it: I'm a Fan, and I'm already suffering from withdrawal symptoms.

The Black Head of Doom!!! Arrrggghhh!!! Run! (You can run, but you can't hide: it's on your face! Unless of course, you leave behind your face...)

2. Delight

Mar 25, 2001
    Blond Clone Reloaded!!!

3. Grand_Admiral_Jaxx

Grand_Admiral_Jaxx Jedi Master star 5

Dec 23, 2000
    That was a really reflective post. And you're right- it answered a lot of questions while providing hints a plenty.

That was a wonderful act, Casper. It truly was. I salute you.

4. Rokangus

Rokangus Jedi Knight star 5

Oct 18, 2000
    Wow, just the epilogue left to go, huh? Well it does feel like the story has wound down, but now that the time has finally come we don't wish to see it go! :_|

Ah well, the prologues will be on their way soon enough. :D That'll be enough to hold us over.

Great posts, and I can kinda see Yoda filling that father role for Enothchild. In episode two, as well as in that one story arc about Enothchild's past, we see Yoda has a heart for the younglings. ;)

Wow, can't wait for that epilogue! This story is an epic in and of itself!

5. Casper_Knightshade

Casper_Knightshade Force Ghost star 6

Oct 18, 2000
    Whiskey: I agree with your observations about Yoda and I'm glad you pointed it out. I think one of the biggest....well, not biggest but kind of a sticking point, differences between the OT and PT is Yoda's characterization. Whether it be by script or by director, or even perhaps GL thinking there was a mistake in the characterization in the OT and was going to 'correct it' like he has with everything else, there was more life in the little green bug in the Original Trilogy. Underlying emotions was what made him a sentimental favorite even though he was only in two of the original three movies. It wasn't because he was the Master to end all Masters or he was Obi-Wan's replacement or that he could apply the Jedi Philosophy to it's ultimate means to move an X-wing fighter.

Of course everyone has there own take on the character be it with power or heart, but if they take power and position in regards to Yoda, then they are missing the whole point of the Jedi Philosophy they gravitate to. There's a lesson in that.

As you can see I didn't want the 'being there' Yoda from the PT, I want the OT Yoda. This also connects back to 'The Legacy Left Behind', so it was important to have that kind of a relationship exist, one that does illustrate that Yoda is an emotional creature, but what does make him central, essential, and powerful is that he can seperate the emotions from what needs to be done.

And although it appears he gives Enothchild a lot of lattitude isn't actually so; remember, most of everything else I haven't written about yet is still in my head. Entohchild has struggled against Yoda and the Council; one of the biggest battles was his right to marry Nadja and I can see the debate lasting weeks in my mind, along with the squirrels playing the part of Devil's Advocate. [face_laugh]

And as Enothchild pointed out he was glad it wasn't easy; he would have hated to get his way all the time, and I think it made him a better thinker in the long run.

I also wanted a ace up my sleeve; just one more surprise before the story closed.

Delight: coming out between now and The Sith Maiden to bind everyone over: Matrix Reloaded (Revolutions later this year, before ROTK), X2, The Hulk, The League of Extraordinary Gentlemen with Sean Connery (about time for that one!), Return of the King, Terminator 3, Bad Boys 2, Once Upon a Time in Mexico, Scary Movie 3, Master and Commander: The Far Side of the World (Russel Crowe in that one), Dr. Seuss The Cat in the Hat.

And don't forget the DVDs, including Red Green: Duct Tape Forever! :p

And, you know its coming, The Two Towers Special Edition. Save money now! :D

Yes, you are a valuable fan of my work so I apologize for your withdraw symptoms. Face it: you're Delight, and you're a Gessaholic. :)

Which btw Gessaholics Anonymous message board may still see the 'Light' of day, where everything goes and nothing is censored. Once settled on a host, it will be your methadone treatment until later this year. :p

Jaxx: Thank you, thank you. ;)

Rokangus: Now that is true and I must reset my privious point: Yoda does show some emotion with the younglings in AOTC. My bad.

I only wish the Prologues were ready to go, so no one would have felt lonely for this entire summer. But what you all might see is the Prologues to TSM beginning on December 15 instead of the Main Story; it will depend on developements of each Prologue, and how many I will have, and how detailed I will make them. I have slowly, very slowly, begun the first Prologue, but it may end up being the last Prologue with other Prologues before it. Again its a matter of putting it together and presenting it, who's going to be in TSM because that isn't a lock (although a certain Drunken Gungan knows of some possibilities).

I do need a break, though, so I don't get too complacent and make things too predictable.

The Epilogue, I think, will be long, but not too long. In fact I want to do in a fashion I haven't done it in in a long time: I want to post it as part of Late Night Naboo! To achieve this, I gotta

6. Ty-gon Jinn

Ty-gon Jinn Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 12, 2000
    *mimics Whiskey...*

[Frank Barone]HOLY CRAP![/Frank Barone]

That was great, Casper! Now on to the epilogue!!

And I loved the flashback to the OT Yoda, too.

7. Casper_Knightshade

Oct 18, 2000
    Thanks, Ty-gon: almost forgot about ya.

LOL! on Brak! He rulez! :D

8. Ty-gon Jinn

Jan 12, 2000
    Yeah, ya gotta love Brak.

"One of the many advantages of being cool like me is that you don't get eaten by cannibals!!"

9. Rokangus

Rokangus Jedi Knight star 5

Oct 18, 2000
    Oh man, what would I do without the Brak Show. :D

Brak: Actually, according to the classict greek definition, an idiot isn't someone who's stupid, it's somebody who just sits around and does nothin'.

Zorak: So then, by definition, Space Ghost is an idiot!

Space Ghost: Oh yeah? Well maybe I don't accept the classic greek definition! So maybe I'm not such a big idiot after all! Ha ha ha, so there!

10. Casper_Knightshade

Oct 18, 2000
    LOL! you guys! BRAK! BRAK! BRAK! Thanks!

And Sony trying to tank Spider-man? :eek:

11. Whiskey in the Jar-Jar

Whiskey in the Jar-Jar Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 17, 2000
    Tank the sequel of the Great One? :eek:

How dare they! :mad:

12. Ty-gon Jinn

Jan 12, 2000
    No! Spiderman must LIIIIVE!

ZORAK: Brak, be honest now. Are you, or are you not, totally and completely nuts?

*dead silence*

ZORAK: Well??

BRAK: I'm thinking!!

SPACE GHOST: Oh, this is all so childish! So meaningless...

BRAK: It's merely symptomatic of our post-modern ennui. "There are no absolutes unless you perceive our own world as meaningless," when it's really your own freedom you detect!

*record scratches*

BRAK: I like pork!!

13. Sara_Kenobi

Sara_Kenobi Jedi Grand Master star 7

Sep 21, 2000
    Tank you, Er thank you, Casper, 8-} for a long and wonderful Act 3. I'll survive while waiting for TSM I suppose... ;)

I'm deeply curious as to where this will all lead for Juna, Enothchild, and the long list of interesting characters, that have lived through out this Saga thus far. :)

While you're enjoying your break, Casper, will you be writing anything else?

14. Casper_Knightshade

Oct 18, 2000
    Whiskey: It seems whenever it isn't their orginal idea, Sony goes out of their way to ruin a good thing. You wanna know why some of your favorite artists are not around lately? Sony contracts: they don't want to honor them.

How did Sony get into the video game business? They stoled Nintendo's shared plans after their partnership broke up for the developement of the original PlayStation (they couldn't get the damn thing to work until Nintendo got involved.).

I can only shutter at the thought and thank Miramax with great sincerity that they didn't sell their movie producing rights to Lord of the Rings to Sony, who actually bidded higher than New Line Cinema for ownership and distribution; NLC eventually became LOTR's production center.

Sony can screw (edited response) up a cup of coffee, and they do so by overusing the license of their products (Warner Bros-Batman anyone? Or...dare I say it: Star Wars: I can go to my local K-Mart right now and get an Episode One Anakin....the first editions!).

Marvel and Stan Lee aren't putting up with it and are in the process of breaking Sony's distribution rights. A counter to this by Sony would be to tank the just starting production to Spidey 2. But that's what Sony had been doing all ready with unauthorized manuvers using Spidey in commericials over in Japan.

You can read the details at the Drudge Report here. Let's hope Sony gets wise because they can't afford another loss on a third front: they have been taking losses in their CD music-music player department for the last five years and PS2 sales have declined. Losing a half a billion investment like Spider-man is not smart on their part.

Ty-gon: He'll live, but again let's hope Sony either wises up or Marvel can move everything to another distributor.

LOL on Brak again! The last time I watched it was a long time ago and he was talking to someone and mentioned something about jelly between his toes. :p

Sara: If I write anything else it won't be major. In fact it will be ludricries. [face_laugh]

I'm rethinking about a collab with Delight that's both ridiculous and brilliant.

And there could be a full fledge Nadja blitzkreig lasting through the summer; and if things do go as I want it to with it, I will have one page in the Before the Saga Forum filled with my Nadja. :eek:

I will redefine absurdity in adventure. :p

Edit ONE: AND this - Giant Turtle Freed From Sorcerer's Home! :eek:

15. Whiskey in the Jar-Jar

Whiskey in the Jar-Jar Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 17, 2000
    I just heard that Harry Knowles talked with Avi Arad about this whole Spidey schmozel. It sounds like bridges have been mended and our friendly neighborhood web-head'll be swinging into theatres once more after all.

Gotta love happy endings :D

16. Casper_Knightshade

Oct 18, 2000
    Thanks Whiskey: Yeah, I checked that out at AICN (Ain't It Cool News for those of the statewide Michigan Public School System.) ;) , and yeah it doesn't cover the movie per se just the collectables arena. What Knowles forgets to mention that this sort of thing affected Spider-man production twice before after the James Cameron snub to do the movie back in 1997; some folks said it was script, others actors, others directors, but in reality it was what Sony could and could not do with the character and when their hand got slapped by a lawyer, their own or Marvel's, all the sudden there was no production. Hell, scripts were even burned to ash.

But like I said I don't think Sony would have tanked a half billion dollar product.

17. Ty-gon Jinn

Jan 12, 2000
    Nadja blitzkreig??

So it has been written; so shall it be! YAHOO (And not the search engine)!

18. Delight

Mar 25, 2001
    Nadja? Oh yes, that sounds good. Great! :D

Casper ~ I'm rethinking about a collab with Delight that's both ridiculous and brilliant.

Ooohhhhhhh....... ;) [face_devil]

19. Grand_Admiral_Jaxx

Dec 23, 2000
  20. Casper_Knightshade

Oct 18, 2000
    Thanks, and yes FORWARD!

I'm working on the prologue still, but its coming along.

21. Casper_Knightshade

Oct 18, 2000
    BTW - LOTR.net reports that presale orders for The Two Towers begins May 9th. However, the Special Extended Version is available November 18th. Save your money and tell people what you want for Christmas!

Jingle!

22. Sara_Kenobi

Sara_Kenobi Jedi Grand Master star 7

Sep 21, 2000
    I missed your mention before of a message board. Let me know when you have it going. I'll need my early bird Gessa fix with the rest of them. ;)

23. Grand_Admiral_Jaxx

Dec 23, 2000
    Definitely waiting for the other one. The extended version for Fellowship just completely blows away the "normal" version. I find it so fascinating that how the first one seemed really complete and whole, but ONCE you watch the extended version, the normal one seems choppy and unsettled. The extended version really does make the movie complete.

24. Ty-gon Jinn

Jan 12, 2000
    FOCL on the new sig, Casper!!

Yeah, he does look a little hobbit-like, doesn't he?

25. Casper_Knightshade

Oct 18, 2000
    Sara: Sure thing. It'll probably be up sometime shortly after this is over.

Jaxx: Plus, you get it (Extended Version) with all that bunch of extras for only ten dollars more than the Theatrical Version. Now that might not mean much of a bargain, but it is if you don't have patience, buy the T version for $20 (U.S.) only to turn around and buy the E version (the much better for the money) for $30. Unless you know someone that doesn't have LOTR:TTT at all and therefore wouldn't mind the inferior copy of the two as a gift, then the average folk is out all together $50. Or, in essence, you spent $50 bucks for one movie.

Patience is a virtue and those with it will be rewarded with a better TTT DVD and twenty bucks spared from buying the T version can go towards The Matrix Reloaded DVD that will come out before the movie release of The Matrix Revolutions later in the fall. ;)

Ty-gon: I didn't think for one second he came close to looking like one in my eyes until my mom brought it up. What amazes me about that is that she remembered Hobbits and what they are. You see that's a good thing: When she remembers names and species or other intangibles from a movie, like she does with any of the Star Wars movies, then that means she really loves it.

And yes she likes Clay.

And no, she hasn't read my stuff. Like anyone else I'm too shy about it. [face_blush]

-------------------------------------------

I can't hold off any longer. Here's some written material.

-------------------------------------------

EPILOGUE - At What Lengths?

In the beginning of the journey, much of it had been quiet as Enothchild kept to himself and neither Muriel nor Dizzy made any attempt to disrupt that solo reflection. It was not too long before he came to them and they talked about things and interesting events and items of interests. For Enothchild there seemed to be a lot he had to get use to now, and one of them was people's reaction to him leaving the Jedi Order; the reactions from the Arnes were more than he had anticipated. However they did not pursue that discussion any further; they had no say or stake in his decision like the Council or Yoda had, but they were still in a bit of disbelief even though he assured him that he was still a Jedi in practice. Take away the titles and legal statuses, but he continued to think and believe, and therefore would behave and believe to be, himself a Jedi. It was an extension of who he was, therefore a critical part of his natural being.

Another thing he had to get used to he shared with Muriel; her longer hair. For all the time he knew her, and for most of her life since she was five, the red head wore simple short hair styles that required nearly no maintenance with a brush after she woke up or the wind blew with messy intentions; straight banes that framed her face that barely grew below the ears and laid straight and out of the way regardless of head movement. It wasn't because she liked short hair - actually, she liked short hair's no fuss advantages - but because it took away the disadvantage of long hair getting in her eyes when having to employ Guardian fighting maneuvers. Being a Guardian was now behind her with the disbandment of her Order, and she wanted to cover up the large chunk of ear she lost on the Orpheus that couldn't be replaced. Ear unseen by a full head of shoulder blade length, curling locks she looked totally different. Perhaps that was another sign of changes in the universe.

On a related note to her former agency, she did reveal to Enothchild and even Dizzy for the first time - a fact that bothered her Sullustan husband who thought they shared everything - that she had the first and last contact with Guardian Head Master Ogwa Newhausen. She held back on revealing the knowledge as a matter of security and protection for all involved in ensuring the Vhinech's safety, especially if the Republic got curious and began to ask questions of those involved with the Battle of Sanctuary. With such investigations not looking their way and dying in the committ

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.