Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Rokangus Jedi Knight

star 5
    "So?why?"

Sounds like an awfully good place to start! :D

Wow, a lot to digest there. So it seems that for the moment that the Guardians and Vhinech are off to parts unknown to do who knows what. However, based on past experience, I doubt we've seen the last of them.

And Yabula is brought back up as well. I wonder if he too will have a major role to play in TSM? I guess only time will tell, neh?

Wow, looks like we still have a lot to look forward to before this story is over!
  2. Padawan_Di-Lee Jedi Padawan

star 4
    Noooooo! This can't be ending!! :( It's been like a staple of the boards!

And don't you dare leave us with Juna still a coma, Casper! If you do, I'll stalk you on IM for spoilers all through the summer. ;)

Enothchild bringing up the lost baby with Naressa... I'm wincing at the thought, but I'm not sure why. I sure hope he treads lightly, at least.
  3. Sara_Kenobi Jedi Grand Master

star 7
    Wow! I just realized something. This is the last fic that I've read on this forum. There's nothing that kept me coming back to the old board, except for this fic.

What a fitting end to my time in this forum. :)

I'll be watching the other boards for more from you, Casper. A great, character-driven, story. I loved it! :)
  4. Grand_Admiral_Jaxx Jedi Master

star 5
    Why?

Why not, I say.

It leaves me speechless, honestly. Another great installment and a testamanet to your writing. Good job, Casper... and congratulations. You did it. Two down, one to go ;)
  5. Delight Jedi Master

star 4
    WHY????????? :)

TFL ends like a tragedy. Muted, discordant. Sad. With a bit of hope. Not too much. Just a little. Like the Empire Strikes Back.

But we cling on to that bit of hope, like warriors refusing to give in to that impending darkness. (Cling on... ;) )

Beautiful.

And I have to say this again... WWWHHHYYYY???

(And if the answer is 'Why not?' I think I am going to scream.) [face_devil]
  6. Casper_Knightshade Jedi Master

star 6
    Rokangus: Yes. You will. :)

Di-Lee: I know, but all good things must come to an end. To go on here would be to rewrite, though, and include much of the story that had to be left behind for clarity/time/speed sakes; some of the stuff ready to become Easter Eggs somewhere in the World Wide Web. (Psssssssst....I hear children are the best egg hunters in the known galaxy.) ;)

Stalk me? HA! I will change my IM name to Buffy Linquest: you will NEVER find me! [face_laugh]

Oh...wait. I gave away the name! Damn it! DAMN IT! :p

And this is a car wreck that can't be avoided.

Sara: Thanks Sara. The jury is still out on the split. This very well may not be the last story you read on these Boards by this fall.

Then again if all goes to plain I will save the split by posting so much Nadja in the Before the Saga section........ ;)

Jaxx: Hell yeah I would say Why not too! Naressa is all that and the dessert. :D

Two down......one to go for certain; six is still my target. :eek:

Will Casper have the gas? We shall see.

FORWARD!

BTW - Star Wars.com has cake making news!!!!!!!!!!!! Given this places still not very specific SPOILER policy I won't say what it is, but all I got to say is, as a fan, I have had to change my underwear three times today! :eek:
  7. Whiskey in the Jar-Jar Jedi Padawan

star 4
    Why indeed.

I think the only way I can describe the feeling that post gave me was...well...the same kind of feeling I used to get at the end of a gruelling night shift at a copper smelter. It's a mutedly euphoric feeling, filled with a sense of relief, a great amount of stress being lifted off your mind as you realize the shift is over, the sun will soon be shining, and you can simply go home and sleep.

However, as the ship reached Naboo, the euphoria was mixed with the impending stress equivalent to that of not being able to go to sleep straightaway because of a ton of crap you have to deal with first.

It's gonna be tough for Enothchild to finally confront Naressa, I think, but I fear for his confrontation with Juna once she wakes up. After all, as I recall she's still ticked at him for having stronger feelings for her mother than for her...which kinda led to this whole schmozel in the first place.

Another awesome post, Casper. :D
  8. Casper_Knightshade Jedi Master

star 6
    Thanks all, and yes: once again I have proven that a word, or two, is all that is needed to bring about constructive, enlightening thought. ;)

BUT, and what a big but it is, just when you think you thought Enothchild said it......

------------------------------------------

Enothchild turned away from his thoughts and looked over at Dizzy sitting in the pilots chair while he sat in the co-pilots chair; Muriel was just getting up from a nap in their room and would be joining them shortly. Dizzy had just finished with Theed Aerospace Control and had filed their landing plans for their destination Rapier Manor when he asked the short, yet confusing question. "What?"

"You and Naressa," Dizzy clarified for the record. The question could have been either that or him quitting the Jedi Order or why Vhinphycs can eat the most disgusting stuff found rotting in the Millennium Falcon's refrigerator if they sprinkled enough battery acid flakes on it. However it was the 'the' question everyone apparently didn't want to ask until curiosity was about to give them a heart attack. This was affectionately known, at this point, the 'just between us males' discover motion. "I mean?you know?why?"

Enothchild could see his reluctance to ask, knowing full well why Dizzy was so and it had nothing to do with the red head he married; well, maybe a good part of it. The Sullustan had admitted some juvenile observations about Naressa in the past; he hated to say them, but the curiosity was just too much to stop it.

Curiously he thought he knew why only a few months ago, but the answer was eluding Enothchild now. So, he answered with a question. "Why you and Muriel?"

Dizzy didn't seem to like the question with the way his upper body danced, but then he said, "That's fair I guess. I shouldn't question another dude's motives if I can't take the same abuse. Me and Muriel?" Enothchild nodded. "I thought she was something more than an uptight broad she would have liked to be. That behind the culture and manners and all the weapons of war at her disposal was a gal who didn't want the norm. She wanted different to go with the charm and the appeal."

"But she didn't find it and therefore settled for you?" Enothchild questioned in joke.

Dizzy looked at him slyly and said, "You're damn right." He dropped his ship in the atmosphere. "Waitaparsec?..was that a joke?" Enothchild nodded. "Oh." He looked on and shrugged his shoulders while his friend just chuckled. "Well, I think she didn't like what was out there for her. No offense to the Nubians but there's some that can be tighter than a of size 5 tunic on an old fat Hutt. If they ate coal?"

"They would crap out a diamond."

"Hell no; the damn thing would still be stuck up in there." He cleared his throat before continuing. "Anyways I think she realized I was the perfect butter for her hot Alderaanian-Nubian muffins."

Enothchild smirked and said, "I see." Nothing against his friend, but the Vhinphyc wasn't going to look at muffins the same way again for a while; just a little too much substance about butter in that.

"Naressa said its fate," mused Dizzy. "Sometimes, things happen because they do, and sometimes folks are meant to be together." He looked at Enothchild. "Sooooooooo???"

Enothchild finally realized two things; Dizzy was questioning him again and the very reason he gave Nue was brought forward from the cellar of forgetfulness. "Oh, um??I would say that may be true between us." He raised his eyebrows. "In a lot of ways we're alike."

Dizzy frowned, took one look at him, looked dead ahead, and said, "I can't see how. I mean?me and her have more in common."

"Really?" Enothchild crossed his arms over his Jedi tunic and robed chest. "You know both of us. Where do you have more in common with her?"

With an arrogant eyebrow cocked high on his big head, Dizzy looked at him and said, "Well???do you know how to speak Corellian?" Enothchild made a face, but the Sullustan shouted. "HA! Well I do." He quickly added. "And the Force don't count; just because I can'
  9. Whiskey in the Jar-Jar Jedi Padawan

star 4
    Marching into the lion's den, and expected to do so.

Well, it could be percieved as an expectation out of friendship for Juna on the parts of those now landing, or it's a foresight on the part of the Sith, now that they probably know of Enothchild's resignation from the Order.

I really feel for Enothchild. I mean, here was a guy who was happily married to the undisputed champion of Jedi insanity for her time, and when she was gone I imagine all he wanted was to recapture some of that old feeling of companionship.

Now, he's more messed up than my stomach was the last time I ate a burrito at Taco Bell. (Feel the Force ;) ) Love can be strange.

Let's hope with the official title of Jedi behind him that this den of Sith will be a little less hostile towards him.

ONWARD!
  10. Ty-gon Jinn Jedi Padawan

star 4
    Now this could be interesting... our last glimpse of Rapier Manor before TSM...

And I loved the "crap out diamonds" exchange. :D
  11. Delight Jedi Master

star 4
    This will be interesting!!! *remembers how TDH ended too on Naboo* More soon-ish? And oh, the guy talk is cool too. ;)

12. Casper_Knightshade Jedi Master

star 6
    Whiskey: It all depends on how much Naressa will be willing to risk telling him.

Ty-Gon: Quite. And yes, sometimes the diamond gets stuck up there. ;)

Delight: I wanted to get more guy talk in there, but alas I didn't want to get it too long and too heavy with it. You know us men: we get in our little circles and talk, talk, talk, talk! :p

---------------------------------------------

More set up for TSM continues.....

In the docking bay, the trio emerged from the Millennium Falcon. To their surprise they were greeted by Cessa Evannava Ferngully. The last they heard collectively - Dizzy and Muriel more in the loop of that information circle than Enothchild - both she and Deannta were still getting over the trauma of their captivity that featured them being lobotomized and reprogrammed slaves of Magus Prophet. The trio's brief examination of the two four months ago after Sanctuary was one of sympathy for they both looked horrible. Enothchild was really bothered back then by the way the Force acted with them, a byproduct of the lobotomy causing intermittent stop and goes in the Force flow process. Even in this age of invention and cure such a thing was irreversible.

And yet with Cessa that wasn't the case. Gone was the hollowness of her eyes and dire appearance; before them was a complete and functional woman, glowing and healthy and sporting a conservative shades of black dress, with no signs of having been through hell let alone the lobotomy that robbed her of her free will; Enothchild knew her before then, and she was right back to normal. That made them look at one another for just a brief second, for it didn't take anyone to be a Jedi to see that Cessa was more or less cured.

"Ah?Cessa, hi," said Muriel delicately. "This is a surprise."

"Hello Muriel, Dizzy," she said with a little smile. She then gave Enothchild a little bow of her head, her still growing yellow locks only momentarily covering her face; really the only sign left of her forced slavery, having her head shaved so she could be lobotomized, and metaphorically with growth of hair such evidence fades away. "Master Enothchild, it's so nice to see you."

"Cessa," he said in return, not necessarily going to refer to her by her former titles of prime minister (of Evramora) or secretary. "I'm surprised to see you here."

"Actually I was just here to see Juna; I had just returned from Isieria." The blonde gestured towards her ship that was parked not so far from where they landed.

"Isieria?" questioned Muriel with a cocked eyebrow. "Eh?how was it there?"

"I wish I could say it was fun, but I spent most of the time there with Horatio's family." Cessa grimaced in her smile a bit, and it appeared she was going to cry a little as she was referring to her late husband's family. But to Muriel's further surprise she just sighed it away. "I had to tend to his affairs and clarify a lot of matters that developed from everyone thinking I was dead."

She smiled again, but it faded away a little as the subject changed back to here at Rapier Manor. "I was hoping Juna was awake now. Maybe celebrate her birthday; even if it's a month or so late. You know, just to get her mind off of things. Unfortunately she's still in a coma. Having just seen her?" Cessa paused for a moment and collected herself. "I can't thank her enough for doing all she could to rescue me and Deannta. Deannta is doing fine by the way. She's all ready looking for political opportunities on Corellia."

"That's great," said Dizzy.

"So, where are you off to now?" asked Muriel, which gained her a look from Dizzy.

"Theed. I have a lot of work to do for the Rapier Clan with the term limits amendment. It's the least I can do for Juna's heroism and Naressa curing me."

"Curing you?" It was too much like a rhetorical question, and Enothchild knew it when it left his mouth. It was a question that seemed to be need an answer, and if let alone it would become a want of curiosity.

"Master Jedi," Cessa began gently, a
  13. Delight Jedi Master

star 4
    There we go! Am beginning to worry about Naressa, given the description on her. Naressa and Enothschild's meeting. Hmm.... :)
  14. Ty-gon Jinn Jedi Padawan

star 4
    Now this could be interesting. Juna in a coma, still possessed (or not?) by Faradi, and Naressa only becoming closer to her in their Dark Side bond... just who is the title character of "The Sith Maiden," anyway??
  15. Casper_Knightshade Jedi Master

star 6
    The questions, the questions: Alex Trebrek dare not answer them! [face_laugh]

It was clear to the three new arrivals that the old woman had been wrestling with her conscious for quite a while since Naressa's 'resurrection'; she couldn't take it anymore for the questions were too hard for her to answer or comprehend. She wasn't alone, but they were to the infirmary; only a short walk to the east of the rose garden monument honoring the late Bendian Rapier.

The medical ward in Rapier Manor was one of the rooms one could count on one hand that was not oversized excluding closets and other maintenance areas; the ceilings were low and the rooms not as spacious as Naressa's old room for example, but it was three times as well protected as all the other rooms and those other rooms weren't lax in its defenses. It was, like any hospital or sick bay, a collection of separate suites for independent stays; each suite shaped similarly to a sliced pie hard connected to a large rotunda and within the walls rotunda was several fully equipped emergency operation suites, various treatment and extraneous rehabilitation centers and large scale bacta tanks prepped and ready to inject only the best in bacta solutions; Enothchild ought to know he spent time here after Rapier Manor Battle ten years ago. He just wished this was only a visit down memory lane.

In the inner observatory ring anyone can look into any of the rooms through the transformable observation glass when the privacy mode was not on; when on the plates darkened to black and hence became a blocking wall. It was not very long for the group to reach the room in which Juna occupied, and of course she wasn't alone. They stopped for a moment, taking the time to think about going in and interrupting what they were seeing; in a very large bed were the two Rapier women, with Juna lying on her back while Naressa laid on her side next to her, draping an arm and some of her black cloak across her daughter's body in a weak, only in grip not in emotion, hug.

Complicating the decision was the telling object that encompassed all of Juna's head from the neck up. It was practically a tank-like device similar to a rebreather helmet ocean bottom explorers would use in the Nubian Seas. Tubes of various capabilities linked to and from it, supplying air for the least part but the rest were a mystery. Enothchild garnered that it had something to do with the damage to Juna's face and skull, and if so it told the severity of the damage Magus Prophet had done to her even four months after the fact.

Enothchild glanced up, and he could see the continuous feed of Juna's vitals as well as the status of each injury Juna incurred; the list was long, numerous, and would cause question of anyone how Juna could have survived. Most read in green letters 'normal' while others were gray, which meant although for the most part the injuries were healed there were complications that ranged from limited range in motion physically to appearance disfigurement; it meant that there could be no further medical treatment, for all that could be done was done; with her unconscious, Juna's ability to heal with the Force was impossible, but even then with so much damage there was even doubt that the Force could do anything if not a little. There was irreparable damage done to her hips and lower spine, her neck was broken and was in the latter stages of post operative fusion, and she completely lost her right eye.

Treatments were listed and the mystery of the head tank was solved; it was being used with a special bacta-like formulate to actually reconstruct Juna's face molecularly; something never done before. The set up was similar to the bacta cast Muriel wore after she broke her arm at Uiennar save for the specialized solution; to maximize treatment without having to dunk an entire body in a bacta tank for long periods of time. Also her body was undergoing a form of physical treatments via an exoskeleton suit hidden under her bed gown that continuously fired n
  16. Ty-gon Jinn Jedi Padawan

star 4
    "She is not your child."

Enothchild leaned in and said with a lot of emphasis in the phrase, "I know."

Ouch. [face_plain]

This is getting to be a very interesting setup for TSM...
  17. Casper_Knightshade Jedi Master

star 6
    Oh....don't mistake that too much, Ty-gon. What Enothchild was emphasizing on was that he knew Naressa was once pregnant and that was what he was telling her. It wasn't a shot.

I thought I fixed that part. [face_plain]

OOPS! :eek:
  18. Forcefire Jedi Master

star 4
    Er, hi.

I've spent a while playing catch-up on these stories. Thus far I've read the prologues for TDH, TDH itself, the prologues to TFL, and am now preparing to embark on the TFL proper. Do I have to do all this background reading? Maybe not, but I choose to. I do it for the same two reasons I insisted on reading all of Rokangus's Kelak Raederth works, and will insist on reading previous volumes of series I'll read in the future:

1. They're good stories.

2. I hate being behind on these kinds of things. I don't start book series without being caught up, and I don't watch sequels of movies without watching the originals. I like to know just where the characters have been.

I'll catch up eventually. I just posted this to let you know that I'm here, Casper. Count me among the ranks of readers.

Forcefire out.
  19. Ty-gon Jinn Jedi Padawan

star 4
    Oh, sorry if that came out wrong on my part, Casper. I didn't THINK it was a shot. That's just a very emotion-laden statement. Ouch.
  20. Grand_Admiral_Jaxx Jedi Master

star 5
    Naressa's inspection of the scar is very curious. What is it? A malignant tumor? A chink in his armor?

it was a very bitter post, Casper. Really bitter to see old friends become restrained enemies.

They may not be "enemies" now, but for how long...?
  21. Delight Jedi Master

star 4
    Only one word comes to mind: 'despair'. Use it as a noun or a verb, but that's the word that comes to mind after that post. :( Please don't make Enothschild kill Naressa, or vice versa.
  22. Rokangus Jedi Knight

star 5
    Holy Moley Moses! :eek: Well that does send a peculiar twist on things.

Well to catch up on the last few posts I missed, I loved the part where Dizzy was fiddling with the radio while Enothchild and Muriel were talking. Sounds like the kind of thing I might do. (My roommate and his fiance are always hanging around my apartment. Slowly driving me bonkers it is! @_@)

And Naressa healed Cessa...and just let her go? Penance? She's certianly trying to seek it from Juna. Another question that may go unanswered until TSM.

The scar on Enothchild is also going to be something big I think. I dunno what it was, but it made me start to think of the tattoo that the character Casper has on his face. I sign of linked destiny with a Sith Maiden? ?[face_plain]

Too many questions, not enough answers. Where's Sherlock when you need him! :p

Wow, and I think we;re only seeing the tip of the iceberg at the moment...great job Casper! This is one masterful mystery!
  23. Whiskey in the Jar-Jar Jedi Padawan

star 4
    I think this is the only series of fics I've read where I can't in good conscious judge the Sith as an evil race.

Then again, Naressa et. al aren't really Sith in the classical GL definition.

To them, I think the so-called 'Dark Side' is really a flavour of the Force born out of instinct, moreso than the questionably named 'Light Side.'

It goes back to the contradiction between Obi-Wan and Yoda in the OT for me. First you have Obi:

'Let go your conscious self and act on instinct.'

Then you have Yoda:

'Control...control. You must learn control.'

Ok, maybe this is a George Carlin moment, but control and acting on instinct, IMHO, is a contradiction. No wonder Luke's all smecked up, eh? ;)

Naressa and the other Sith Maidens use the Force on one of its basest, most primal levels. To them, the id is their controlling factor.

I don't think Enothchild is in any danger from Naressa so long as she doesn't perceive him to be a threat to Juna. Of course, that mark on Enothchild's face could be a danger...

Hope someone's got an explanation for it.

24. Casper_Knightshade Jedi Master

star 6
    Forcefire: (falls to floor on knees, bows in full awe) Welcome, welcome, welcome new reader! Take all the time you need to catch up: no pressure at all.

Ty-Gon: No prob.

Jaxx: How did you guess? :eek:

Delight: Who knows.....(cue evil laughter) ;)

Rokangus Sherlocks dead and decomposing in my closet..........OH! OH FUDGE! Did I just say that? :eek:

(Note to self: must move Sherlock....preferably to unmarked, dug up hole....) :p

Whiskey: It kind of goes back to the point of do I write an SW story like everyone else, or do I write an SW story of my own? Nothing against anyone that takes the former stance, but the lure of stories can loose luring power if they all look/sound/smell(?) the same. Jedi, good; Sith, bad; galaxy, in pearl - it's a winning formula IF it is a movie and no one has ever read/seen it before.

Could anyone here imagine if all stories, even children's fables, were that finite? Force, that's two pages of story, so what are we going to do with the remaining 298?

Oh....wait: some children stories are that finite. Thank the Force none like that exist here. ;)

Sometimes the Big Deal is here is Sith: Bad. A Sith can only be Bad. A Jedi can only be Good. Now I could go by that Big Deal and watch myself struggle to write something unique and different from everyone, or myself and everyone else here on the Boards can get some eggs bring forth a definitive vision that shines.

In this case I just show a woman who's been born in a situation in which, yes, there is that element of evil associated with her kind that lingers on every spoken word and in every paragraph. Admit it: it's sexy in a good way. The feeling of fear for the other characters, the sensation that you're being let in on a well kept secret sometimes. Tantilizing suspense because although you may know Naressa folks come back and STILL say "Please don't make Enothschild kill Naressa, or vice versa."

A truth in life: People will stop and stare at an accident or a cat stuck up in the tree. Question: in the realm of guilty pleasures, which would any of you rather see?

Thank about that knowledge bomb.....

Unsettled by the touch, both in the sudden cold feel and the timing of it, Enothchild grabbed her white hand and move it away. He held on to it though to keep her focus on the upcoming issues he wanted to discuss. He felt it was the best time now; there would be more time ahead for him to be by Juna's side. It was best to get it all over with.

"We do need to talk, Naressa," Enothchild said quietly. "Not about my face. About us. You know what. You know why."

Ten years ago, maybe shorter than that, Naressa could have easily objected to such a minor demand. She couldn't anymore. Not to a man that meant so much to her family. His clout was tremendous because he proved his worth so many times, and yes they held together by a personal thread that could not be undone.

Yet she feared leaving Juna for any length of time in spite of the increase presence of friends. Another examination of the room would tell any being that Naressa ate here, did all her work here for Rapier Technologies, and of course slept in the same bed as her ailing Daughter. If any being were to ask those of the house they would tell of her short, decisive trips from Juna's room to wherever in Rapier Manor to deal with any problem regardless who or what it was; if it required a painful solution, then she took it - not that anyone died or went through torture; there was other forms of pain such as firings, layoffs, and unfunded mandates. The temptation was there at times to levirate the problems with the most effective end solution, and such a solution would have sent the message to everyone else that had some minute, minuscule, or ridiculous problem and so ending such interruptions. If they all wanted an example of the lengths she was willing to go Naressa could just point in the sky, in the direction where Sanctuary once was, and emphasized the word 'was'.

Then she would think of her Gessa, and such d
  25. Rokangus Jedi Knight

star 5
    If that wasn't a woman's version of kicking another woman in the balls metaphorically Enothchild and Dizzy didn't know what was

Ooooooo...catfight. :D

Hmmm, well that little spat really doesn't surprise me. As you pointed out in that last post, this isn't the first time that Naressa and Muriel have traded verbal blows on the subject.

However, this post did make me begin to think of something about Juna that I kinda mentally acknowledged before, but really didn't consiously think about.

It seems, at least to me anyways, that Juna is kind of a blackhole of obsession.

I mean obviously we see that Prophet is mondo obsessed with Juna. And in a teeny bit more subdued way, Naressa is definitely obsessed with her 'Gessa'. Throw in Sidious, the Deceased Sith Maiden Society, the Jedi Council (in their own droll snail-speed way of being obsessive), and just about every other semi-major character, and in their own unique way, they have a little obsession with the Nubian Minx.

Come to think of it, the only major characters I can think of that aren't out and out obsessed with Juna are Enothchild and Padawan Knightshade...

...hmmmmmm. ?[face_plain]

Dang, not I've out-puzzled my puzzler. :D
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.