1. Oh hai Guest!

Welcome to the RPF!

NSWRPF Archive The Fair Folk: Ultimate Fantasy

Discussion in 'Non-Star Wars Role Playing Archive' started by Ktala, Feb 26, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Darth_Joesha Jedi Master

star 4
    Ic: Aeronwen Haul
    Ennathe, Treetops

After the young elf girl's parents arrived and took her back Aeronwen made her way out onto the treeptop plataue knowing she wouldn't sleep now. After loosening her corset slightly she stood at the side resting her arms on the banister. The night was warm and the forest relativly calm with only the chirping of bugs and ocasional hoot of an owl... however something wasn't right, it was as if a shroad covered the sky, but Aeronwen couldn't put her finger on it. Then she realised what was strange.

She couldn't see the stars.

Suddenly a rustling came from the trees above her and then from slightly further away. Then a strange shout echoed from the tree above her... a darkling call. Aeronwen reached for her sword but realised she had left it in the house.

In a desperate dash she made it half way to the house before getting cut off by a darkling dropping infront of her and another behind. She raised her arms to fight and a blade slashed across her back, not a deep wound so it didn't bother Aeronwen until she felt a strange sting.
    Poison was her last thought before passing out.

Aeronwen awoke being carried through the treetops, the poison had paralised her and she couldn't even call for help at she dark creatures carried her off into the dark side of the forest. A place she swore she would never enter.

tag: No one
  2. Ktala Force Ghost

star 6
    OOC: There are NO ORC at this party.

Zedd-Vega
    Quassam's Night Eve, The Festival

Skullbane grew intrigued by the beings he saw about him. In his land, the prominent people were fairy, elven, and a few humans. Skullbane sniffed the air, and looked to the animals gathered at the feast. He then sat down on the ground, his arms reaching for a pitcher of mead and a large piece of meat on a plate. He secluded himself from the more civilized peoples, eating away and drinking to his hearts content. He let out a deep sigh and chugged the pitcher of mead, his eyes on the lookout for more only moments afterward.

A few moments later, Zera came back, carrying a large pitcher of mead, and some bread, which she sent down next to Skullbane. She also had brought back another companion. Tall and slinder, wearing silver armor that covered most of the body. His hair was pulled back in a pony tail, as a long sword hung from his hip. A small hint of a scar, lay just below his ear. But what caught Skullbane's attention was the two wings that lay folded down on the mans back. Zera smiled, as she pulled up her lute.

"Prince Axeblood, This is a friend of mine. Balor Skyfare. He knows these woods as well as anyone here...if not more so. He also is a warrior, and could tell you much of these lands." Zera smiled. "We will be finished with our playing soon. Perhaps, he can keep you compnay until then...?" She smiled, and danced away, with a smile, blowing a kiss towards Skullbane.

Balor turned towards Skullbane. "I hope you dont mind...but she hates to see anyone alone, during such a grand party..." he said, giving a polite nod. "So, she tells be you are prince of your lands...? I would like to hear of them." Balor jestured for Skullbane to sit and enjoy himself.

A pale colored fox, carrying several small beings crossed the clearing, carrying something that glowed, as they headed for another part of the glen. A horse, with large wings, also wandered by, as it was joined by three ladies, who were garbed in what looked like plants alone, and who spoke to the horse in soft voices, feeding it an apple, as they danced around it, laughing softly.

A group of Elves seemed to be in an intense conversation, and off to the side, another human male had suddenly appeared within the glen.

3. Zedd-Vega Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    OOC: I'm aware of that. I was just stating a past experience Skullbane had when he was younger.

Skullbane Axeblood

Skullbane smiled as the kiss was blown and soon diverted his attention to the man Zera had referred to as Balor Skyfare. "I hope you dont mind...but she hates to see anyone alone, during such a grand party..."

Skullbane shook his head and waved his hand dismissively. "It is not a problem, I have gotten used to being alone on my journey thus far. It is quite peaceful." Skullbane replied, taking a large swig of mead.

Balor continued to speak. "So, she tells be you are prince of your lands...? I would like to hear of them."

Skullbane finished the swig and broke off a piece of bread, holding it out to Balor. "I am the son of the Tribe Chieftan, Clan Axeblood. And I hail from lands far, far away from your glorious continent. A series of islands further north known as the Dragon Isles, named for the dragons that once inhabited them. They are all but extinct now. As for why I am here, it is a test before I am to betrothed to another..." He took another swig of mead, wiping his mouth with his forearm.

"What of you? Are you of royalty?"

TAG: Ktala
  4. Ktala Force Ghost

star 6

Skullbane Axeblood

Skullbane smiled as the kiss was blown and soon diverted his attention to the man Zera had referred to as Balor Skyfare. "I hope you dont mind...but she hates to see anyone alone, during such a grand party..." Skullbane shook his head and waved his hand dismissively. "It is not a problem, I have gotten used to being alone on my journey thus far. It is quite peaceful." Skullbane replied, taking a large swig of mead.

Balor continued to speak. "So, she tells be you are prince of your lands...? I would like to hear of them."

Skullbane finished the swig and broke off a piece of bread, holding it out to Balor. Balor took a seat, taking the piece of bread from Skullbane, and grabbed a chunk of cheese to go with it, as he listened to Skullbane. "I am the son of the Tribe Chieftan, Clan Axeblood. And I hail from lands far, far away from your glorious continent. A series of islands further north known as the Dragon Isles, named for the dragons that once inhabited them. They are all but extinct now. As for why I am here, it is a test before I am to betrothed to another..." He took another swig of mead, wiping his mouth with his forearm. "What of you? Are you of royalty?"

Balor took a swig from his own pouch, as he looked up, nodding. "I have heard of those islands, but never traveled to them. The Dragons are gone? Sad." Balor bit off a chunk of bread. He smiled as he listened to Skullbane ask if he was royalty. Balor nodded.

"Well, our titles are much diffrent that the ones the land of man carries about. But yes, it some would consider me as Royalty. But nothing like Queen Gossamer. She rules over the main city here. I tend more towards the open wildlands, like yourself, I take it." Balor smiled. "We rule the smaller terrtories, and such." He pointed over, towards some strange looking being, that looked like living ice. "They are from the north, the home of the Ice Goddess. Many rules smaller areas..but Queen Gossamer binds them all...." Suddenly, Balor stops speaking, and looks over towards one area of the ring. A deep frown set upon his face. "Including unfortuantely.. some of the more reckless ones." Balor didnt offer any more information, but suddenly upturned his wineskin.

ALL

The party is in full swing now. The circle has many beings all enjoying in the celebrations. Some of the Elves moved to speak to the humans who had attended, while a few of the pixies grew brave to speak to others as well. Food and drink were only a reach away, and plenty danced in various spaces thoroughtout the ring. Within in all, Queen Gossamer moved as a willowisp, from the diffrent groups, taking their offerings, and offering her own blessings and such. Tomorrow, she would probably see many of these same beings, with partitions to seek her audience. Especially the Ice Faries from the North. It had been many years, since any had heard from them. Seldom, did they travel from their own lands.

Rayson Barbarossa, meanwhile, had noticed the other human, who was speaking to someone, as they sat and ate. The other man, looked to be a warrior of some type. As he looked around, dark purple lights could be seen, blinking in the trees outside of the fairy ring. They seemed to be heading their way.

Karlen'ae amd Anth'lan were about as well, hopefully having a wonderful time. Anth'lan had many young fairies fly over to him, intersting in speaking with him, a few trying to ply him with food and drink. A few of those, who sough the Queens ear, tried to bend Karlen'ae's as well, as she fluttered through the throng of happy folks. There was plenty of music, drink and dance for all. And even quiet places for other activities, if one looked up into the trees that surrounded the ring, you would see the twinking of lights.

Queen Gossamer had seen the humans, but would wait before she met with them, for now she had other duties to attend to. As another group began to show off their footwork, Gossamer f
  5. LightSide_Apprentice Manager Emeritus

star 4
    IC: Anth'lan Dold'ric

Queen Gossamer's Realm of the Faerie - Alfheim

Few nights offered the opportunity for the entire realm to gather in peace and celebration. It was a testament to Queen Gossamer's influence and rule over the area that no trouble brewed from outsiders who had been invited to such a grand party, all the more because of the occasion. Anth'lan was certain he saw at least one human, if not more, among the guests. His attention shifted, however, as the festivities leapt into full swing and a pair of young fairies, a boy and a girl, approached him.

He opened his mouth to voice a greeting, but the young female giggled and Anth'lan found himself smiling at the sweet sound of the child's innocent and playful laughter. When he noticed that the boy was also smiling, Anth'lan said, "Hello there. I hope you're enjoying the night and all the festivities it has to offer."

At this he young girl giggled a little more, and Anth'lan glanced curiously at the boy standing beside him within one of the taller trees in the area. "You're silly," said the fairy boy. And, the girl's laughter increased both in its length and charm.

Anth'lan was laughing, too, though he was not sure why. He was happy and that was all that mattered. Soon the young girl offered him some grape juice and the young boy some bread from the Realm of the Wood Elves. Anth'lan thanked them in turn, and gave each a small gemstone. For the female, he granted a cut and polished ruby, and, to the boy, he offered a perfect emerald teardrop.

It was only after they left him and flew back down to the party below that Anth'lan decided to join in the celebration. He had been on watch near the borders of the clearing, observing the surrounding forest area and scouting for potential danger or trouble. Confident that there was no sign of ill beings or events that were forthcoming, he took flight.

He circled high above the gathering, as if searching for something or someone. Then, he dove toward the forest floor in a brilliant silver-gold glow, which brightened like the birth of a star.

When his feet touched the forest floor his glow grew faint and silver trails glittered to the ground around him. Anth'lan stood quietly off to the corner of a small court gathering, within which Karlen'ae was in attendance. He did not want to interrupt her, or to intrude, so he simply watched.

The relatively young fairy, a former servant in the Palace Guard, did not mean to stare at her, but that was exactly what he was doing, and he had no idea there were other people likely watching him. He was oblivious as to their knowing glances, their nods and polite laughter, as he stood transfixed and observant of Karlen'ae. Her radiance seemed to fill him with joy.

He knew not that he was smiling from one ear to the other, as he looked upon her, and waited, and hoped, for another chance to speak with her.

TAG: NaboosPrincess
  6. NaboosPrincess Manager Emeritus

star 6
    Karlen?ae Covenly
    Palace of Queen Gossamer, Alfheim

Karlen'ae noticed a glimmer of silver and gold out of the corner of her eye and was grateful once again to be present on this beautiful night. Everyone was at their finest, it seemed; all were pleased and glad to be here. The fairies glittered and sparkled like stars all over the forest. "We must go and dance soon," one of the fairies she was talking to murmured. "It looks like so much fun!"

As Karlen'ae wrapped up her conversation with the friendly little gathering, she glanced around to see if anyone else she knew was nearby. Happily, she noticed Anth'lan a short distance away, watching her group intently. She smiled at him and politely said her goodbyes to the group, then fluttered over to where Anth'lan waited.

"I had hoped to see you again," she said excitedly. "Are you enjoying the festivities?"

TAG: LSA
  7. LightSide_Apprentice Manager Emeritus

star 4

Karlen'ae seemed excited to see him. She always seemed so full of energy, so bright and vibrant. He knew not what else to do but smile in her presence. The gesture on his part was not a conscious choice, though he was well aware of the happiness and joy roused within him. Anth'lan seemed unable to control himself in the vicinity of the fairy female. Her excitement washed over him and he soaked it up unknowingly.

Soon he was just as excited as she was, perhaps all the more than she, if truth be told. But, he was nervous, too. He felt his legs tremble slightly, and tried to focus on Karlen'ae. His effort did not help matters very much. Fortunately, Karlen'ae offered him a question, and a way to shift his attention.

He was enjoying the festivities a great deal, and said as much. "It is rare that I have occassion to attend such gatherings," he managed politely, to his own surprise and dismay. And, continued, or tried to. He paused, took a breath and said, "You look very attractive." Anth'lan smiled, then, as if he had just conquered a mountain climb, not simply with triumph and relief, but because he succeeded to do what he wished, what he had been afraid to venture toward.

His surroundings seemed to vanish. He was aware only of his companion, despite the extravagant party within which they were present, and of which they were an integral part. What did it matter? Anth'lan was happy, and he believed that Karlen'ae shared that feeling. All else seemed to fade into nothingness.

TAG: NaboosPrincess
  8. NaboosPrincess Manager Emeritus

star 6
    OOC: Yes it's short but it's better than nothing. :p

Karlen?ae Covenly
    Palace of Queen Gossamer, Alfheim

"I am very glad you are enjoying the party," Karlen'ae said politely. She smiled when he complimented her outfit. It was new and she was glad someone noticed.

"Anyway, I am going to sample some of the food; our cooks are wonderful here as I'm sure you're aware. Please feel free to join me if you'd like," she announced, turning towards one of the refreshment tables.

TAG: LSA
  9. LightSide_Apprentice Manager Emeritus

star 4
    The ensuing discourse is an amalgamated production effectuated by NaboosPrincess and LightSide_Apprentice, depicting the charmingly cognizant Karlen?ae Covenly, and the inviolably valiant Anth'lan Dold'ric. We hope you enjoy.

IC: Karlen?ae Covenly & Anth'lan Dold'ric

Join her? Of course he'd join her! It was not a question of whether or not he liked her, because he did, very much. He did not even think to wonder if she knew how he felt. Truthfully, even Anth'lan did not know how it was that he felt. But, such was the way of feelings. One could be caught up in them and forget about all else.

Before he knew it Anth'lan was following Karlen'ae to sample some of the food. Well, the food was as much an excuse as anything else that would allow him to be with her. He was quite out of his mind and beside himself. There were all sorts of pleasant cakes, ripe fruits, and lovely pastry arrangements. None of them caught his attention like the being of serene beauty standing at his side. He took a little of each of the items for eating, however, not entirely aware that he likely would not be eating them all unless he gathered himself and came back to earth.

All he could manage was a broad, silly smile when his female companion looked back toward him. He tried to control the furnace that seemed to find its way into his cheeks, and was far too occupied with the effort to even utter a single word. He was grinning happily at a moment's passing.

Karlen'ae wondered what had gotten into Anth'lan. He seemed a quiet sort of fellow, but now he wasn't talking at all. She hoped she had not offended him somehow by leaving to talk with the other guests. If he was, Karlen'ae decided to let him deal with it--she had a job to do, after all! She sampled some of the dainty little cakes, which all tasted like little slices of heaven, and smiled.

It was a smile that could melt hearts of stone. The gesture, such a simple little thing, really, sent a very clear message to Anth'lan. How was he supposed to know there was no message at all? He simply assumed that Karlen'ae enjoyed his presence and company as much as he did hers. In short, she liked him. Or so he thought.

Confidence filled him. "Would you like to walk with me?" the young fairy guardian asked. He hoped that perhaps they could find an opportunity to be alone and away from the others. There was something about being in a crowded place that bothered him. And, he wanted, perhaps selfishly, to soak up Karlen'ae's attention as a sponge would draw water.

"That would be lovely," Karlen'ae agreed, wondering what was on his mind. She did not wish to hurt his feelings by refusing, and anyway, it would get her away from those cakes, which were fast becoming addictive.

Anth'lan all but exploded in a brilliant silver-gold shower of sparkling fairy dust as he heard those words. His wings fluttered nervously as he looked toward his companion and shared her smile. He was much too nervous to take her hand in his, so he simply gestured toward the outer circle, and said, "After you."

Karlen'ae led the way out of the crowd and towards a lovely little spot she knew from daytime walkabouts with the Queen. The path was lined with bright pink and white blossoms, and in the distance was the soft sound of a bubbling water fountain.

To say that the place was magical would not be a lie for the location was precisely that. The air was filled with the beautiful scent of the surrounding blossoms, which carried on the breeze and rose to allure the senses. Anth'lan found himself quite in love with his whereabouts. He heard the sound of the bubbling fountain and smiled boyishly.

"Do you hear that?" he said, excitement in his words as for a moment his attention was drawn by something not of his present company. Soon he was walking toward the sound, fully expecting Karlen'ae to join him, so filled with joy and happiness.

"It's just a fountain," Karlen'ae said with a little laugh. Perhaps they did not have many fountains />
  10. DarkSide_Apprentice Jedi Master

star 4
    There was no telling where the lumbering giant had wandered off to. Zuukin had been tracking the creature's movements for almost an hour now. If not for the path of destruction left behind in the wake of the troll's raging stampede it would have been an impossible task to locate the stupid oaf.

Be that as it may, finding the troll became a dangerous task. It became very clear that Langurd's path of chaos led toward the north, away from the Darkling Realm and into the land of fairies. Zuukin muttered a string of curses, some goblin, some orc, some downright impish in their colourful outburst.

He walked into a small clearing and noticed the subtle blend of woodland and lush ferns. The little goblin knew the sight, for he stood between what could only be the border of Elves and the Faerie Realm. This was bad news. There would be trouble, of that he was sure. The Queen's Scouts, or worse yet her Guards, would find them. Langurd was probably already caught in some protective ward or trap set by the tricksome fairies.

Zuukin growled annoyance and ran into the lush forest, his eyes narrowed and his ears twitching for sounds of any unwanted observers. He followed the broken foliage toward what he hoped would be the bumbling and moronic troll. He'll get us killed, the dimwit! But, what other choice was there? Zuukin had to learn of Langurd's whereabouts before returning home, before Crunch learned of their little sidetrip.

Ktala, I do hope we do not require an invitation, because we like the smell of your flowers and cakes! Or is this party just for the clean and odourless?

11. Ktala Force Ghost

star 6
    ALL
    The Quassams's Night Eve,
    Fairy Ring, Forrests of Alfheim

There was much merriment all around the night encampment. Several creatures stopped to eat and gather and join in, as the party went into full swing. After Queen Gossamer's entrance, they all began to partake of the festivities. Many got together, telling stories, or listening to the various singers within the huge circle. Others sat quietly, enjoying the company of all the various creatures around them.

Anth'lan was in bliss. He and Karlen'ae moved about sampling some of the foods and drink around them, even as Karlen'ae moved about to speak with the others who had come to attend the gathering.

Even Queen Gossamer seemed in good spirits, as she moved over towards a huge throng of beings, all of which seem to have brough diffrent items and bits of new from the other realms for the evenings party. She smiled, and greeting them all as old friends, the air around her, glittering gently with soft twinkiling lights that seemed to surround her very presence. She did look up to notice a small detail, and then smiling even more, laughed, as she spoke to the next being in front of her. The Ice Fairies she was quite suprised to see, and waited patiently to see what is was they had to say, as she completed speaking with the tall elf that was now in front of her. Elise, her small dragon companion, was busy moving about, tasting the foodstuff being brough over to the Queen, huge golden eyes, watching the festivies with interest. Gossamer gave a nod, and Elsie flew high into the air, moving about to see what mischief and foodstuffs she could find tasty.

Or'ween and Sanders were busy as well. Or'ween stood not too far away from the Queen, busy scaning all those who came to have an audience with her. Sanders flittered about, his silver orb bright, as he scanned the area around the party goers. The few humans that had been invited were behaving themselves...and even enjoying it. The many Elves and Dryads seemed to be having some sort of conversation, on the diffrent foodstufs. An Ent had arrived, as was busy swaying gently to the breeze. A wood nymph stepped out, with a lyre, and began to play a beautiful strand of music, and someone who obviously had some skills with light was busy keeping the younger ones intertained with a soft light show of sorts.

It was sometime later when Karlen'ae and Anth'lan parted, to check on the other festivities going on. Anth'lan fluttered his wings and flew into the night sky, deciding that it would not hurt to check the borders, as Karlen'ae dissapeared back into the partying throng of beings.

As Anth'lan flew, heading towards the borders, he caught a sight of something. He had to take another look, before he could believe the sight that he saw.

A tiny black Pixie Dragon, drawing a dark carriage, heading in his general direction, and for the partygoers back at the ring. Two Faries, dark in clothing. One male, one female. He knew of only one fae who possible would come in such a thing.

Queen Willoween.

On Quassam's Eve, ALL Fae were invited. That included her, as long as she behaved herself. But still, none had seen her in many years. For her to be showing up now...

TAG: ALL

Aurora Willowwisp
    Fae Woodlands, nearing the party

Aurora is not having a good nite. She was late, and trying her best to make it to the party. She didnt want to miss out on all the tasty treats and entertainment. She had lost time, as she had run into that nasty elf. She shuddered, even thinking about it. She had never seen an elf act as that, and it was disturbing indeed. She was so upset, that she wasnt really paying attention as she speed through the trees, trying to make up for lost time.

Soon, she came upon a large opening in the woods, that hadnt been there before. It look like something large had wraked apart the bushes and plants in the area. A stampeed? She looked in the direction of the distruction. It seemed to be heading in the same direction as she was...the Fae
  12. LightSide_Apprentice Manager Emeritus

star 4

Trouble rarely found its way into the Realm of Alfheim. It was a magical place watched over and protected by Gossamer Moonglitter. There were a few guardians in her service, too, fairies much like Anth'lan, who offered their own skills and talents to safeguard their common home. These contributed to the safety of the realm, and discouraged violence within its borders.

As Anth'lan flew through the sky he caught sight of something to arouse concern. He blinked and flew closer to confirm his suspicions. And, surely enough, he knew, Queen Willoween had arrived.

An open invitation had been made to all occupants, visitors, allies, and guests of Alfheim on this special night. Queen Willoween was therefore included in that invite. Her presence was not an unwelcome one, but it was something of an unexpected event given her ties to the Darkling Realm.

Anth'lan had not seen the dark fairy queen in many months, perhaps years. She would not often visit, even for such an important occassion as this. Yet there she was. Her presence was reason enough to raise his suspicion and cause him to investigate.

The young fairy guardian swooped down low, diving through treetops, as he approached the edges of Gossamer's Realm. There he paused, his wings fluttering furiously as he called out. "We welcome Queen Willoween into Alfheim," he said, looking to the male and female upon the shadowy carriage. There seemed no need to address the Pixie Dragon, so he simply offered it a nod of acknowledgement. "And, we expect her to show every courtesy that would be proper on such a night," he added, unmoving as he waited for a response.

13. DarkSide_Apprentice Jedi Master

star 4
    Ktala

Woodlands of the Faerie Realm

Langurd barely noticed the tiny creature who ran into him. Aurora may as well have been a mosquito, or, perhaps more appropriately, a firefly. The troll was unaware of her presence, though he slowed and stopped to glance about him. Something was different.

He noticed the teeming forest, so filled with life and energy and sweet scents. It was not at all what he was familiar with, which meant that he was far away from home.

First he growled to himself, then he stomped his feet in frustration. Langurd knew he wandered into the Faerie Realm, he just had no clue as to how or where the exit was. The troll had been running so fast, and for so long, that he ran further than he ever had. Now he was lost. And, he was alone.

Langurd fell to the ground with a thud, his legs sprawled out in front of him, and his butt at least a metre deep into the forest floor. He yawned loudly and looked up toward the sky.

The stars were difficult to see through the canopy, so there was nothing of interest up there. In fact, there was very little of interest on the ground either. Glancing about him, he was able to ascertain his initial thought and confirm that he was indeed bored. He was far too dim to be afraid. So, bored would have to suffice.

At least, until Zuukin Orango finally caught up with him again. No doubt things would get interesting after that. Such was the nature of excitable, not to mention mischievous, little goblins.

14. Ktala Force Ghost

star 6

LightSide_Apprentice

Anth'lan Dold'ric

The young fairy guardian swooped down low, diving through treetops, as he approached the edges of Gossamer's Realm. There he paused, his wings fluttering furiously as he called out. "We welcome Queen Willoween into Alfheim," he said, looking to the male and female upon the shadowy carriage. There seemed no need to address the Pixie Dragon, so he simply offered it a nod of acknowledgement. "And, we expect her to show every courtesy that would be proper on such a night," he added, unmoving as he waited for a response.

Queen Willoween, smiled, as she turned and looked at her current consort, Zel who merely chuckled. The Pixie Dragon slowed and stopped, coming to land gently upon a large branch. A small snort of smoke, gently waffered from its nostrils as it nodded its head towards Anth'lan. She laughed softly, as she turned her attention back towards Anth'lan. "Oh, you welcome me do you?" she asked softly, as she gestured. The carriage door swung open, and she 'stepped' out, from her carriage. Zel's smile grew.

Queen Willoween, ran her hand down the front of her dress, smoothing out the dark purple gown that she wore, as she gazed upon Anth'lan. "Who are you, that welcomes me into Alfheim? I would like to know the name of my ... welcomer." she have a proper nod. "Such a proper young fellow.." she mused as she looked at Anth'lan, smiling as her dark eyes stuided him very carefully. Zel stayed in the carriage, trying not to smirk. Queen Willoween was looking at Anth'lan, as if he was her next meal. Which was probably not too far from the truth.

DarkSide_Apprentice, Ktala

Aurora

"TROLL!"

Aurora had farily shrieked the word, as she shot straight up, aftering running into the back of the creature. She definatelly was not expecting to see one of these creatures here! She shot up into the trees, and then stopped after she dimmed her glow. The troll slowed and stopped to glance about him. Something was different. She wondered. She heard they were kinda slow and well..not too bright. But did he really not notice her?

He growled then he stomped his feet. Ohhh. He looked kinda mad. Aurora's wings fluttered like crazy, as she watched him. He looked around, as if he was lost. GREAT! As Aurora watched, she moved to another point, still hidden. She had never really seen a troll so close before. When she was younger, the older fairies made the younger ones hide, to keep them safe. And they never got close to the city. Usually, they ran into them while foraging for food. But what was this one doing so far from home, tonight of ALL nights? She stopped asking questions when the troll suddenly, fell to the ground with a thud, his legs sprawled out in front of him, and his butt at least a metre deep into the forest floor. Aurora grabbed for the tree limb, wings fluttering, to keep from falling out. He yawned loudly and looked up toward the sky. He then started glancing about him. He just...SAT there, looking around. She wondered what he was looking for. Hopefully, not MORE Trolls.

She tried to think of a way to make him go away. She didnt have any food. Well, not enough of any for him to take a notice of. She didnt want to try magics, as it might make him angry...and that would be very bad. At least now, he wasnt bothering anyone.

She held her wings steady, as she looked down at the troll, watching him curiously. Seeing a troll this close was something to brag about. She needed to prove she had seen a troll though, so she could tell the others. Hmm. 'I bet I could grab a lock of his hair, and he wouldnt even notice it.' she began to think. With a sly grin, she gently fluttered down, careful to stay behind him. She stayed invisible. She didnt get too close, in case he suddenly had an urge to lay down. When he was looking at something else, she drew her small dagger. With a quick motion, she
  15. LightSide_Apprentice Manager Emeritus

star 4

Anth'lan was not sure what to expect. He had never met Queen Willoween in person, but he certainly knew of her, and he had seen her within Alfheim some time ago. He was older now, though, and more aware of his surroundings, just as he was of his inner self.

The guardian knew to keep his distance as the Pixie Dragon came to a landing. He simply waited to receive the guests the dragon's carriage held. "Oh, you welcome me do you?" asked a softly feminine voice, as the enchanted vehicle settled. A moment later, the carriage door swung open, and Queen Willoween stepped out. She ran her hand down the front of her dress, smoothing out the dark purple gown that she wore, as she gazed upon Anth'lan. "Who are you, that welcomes me into Alfheim?"

Her words were not quite what Anth'lan imagined, and, her appearance more so. Anth'lan felt himself blush as he looked upon the darkly alluring fairy. He struggled to take his eyes away from her, and when he managed, he found that he stole another glance in her direction, but he could not meet her gaze.

"I would like to know the name of my ... welcomer," said the dark queen, offering a formal nod Anth'lan missed in his embarassment. "Such a proper young fellow," she mused, as she looked at the young fairy, smiling while her dark eyes stuided him carefully.

Her gaze caused Anth'lan to become discomforted. "I am Anth'lan," he finally managed, his words quiet and shy in the powerful presence of the queen. There was a brief, empty silence between them. Anth'lan, feeling ill at ease, sought to fill the void. "I am a Guardian of the Realm," he added, hoping to assist in identifying himself.

16. Ktala Force Ghost

star 6

Anth'lan and Queen Willoween

Queen Willoween was amused at the lone guard, who had called out to them. She spoke to the one bold enough to speak with her, even as her own companion sat silenty in the carriage, dark eyes sparkling, as he watched the events unfold with some amusement.

Queen Willoween stepped out from her carriage. She ran her hand down the front of her dress, smoothing out the dark purple gown that she wore, as she gazed upon Anth'lan. "Who are you, that welcomes me into Alfheim?" Willoween smiled as the being in front of her, broke into a furious blush. She simply ran her hands down her dress, and then back to her chest, allowing him to gaze upon her more fully. As she smiled, she noticed that he would not meet her gaze.

"I would like to know the name of my ... welcomer," said the dark queen, offering a formal nod. "Such a proper young fellow," she mused, as she looked at the young fairy, smiling while her dark eyes stuided him carefully. She watched the young man squirm in discomfort. But he did managed to speak.

"I am Anth'lan," he finally managed, his words quiet and shy. There was a brief, empty silence between them. Willoween was throughtly enjoying herself now, as the young man was quick to add, "I am a Guardian of the Realm."

Willoween's wings flickered gently, as she flew a bit closer to where Anth'lan was located. She came within almost touching distance, but stopped just shy of it, as she studdied Anth'lan. She gently landed on a nearby leaf. "Anth'lan. What a strong name. A most proper name indeed, for a Guardian of the Realm." she replied softly. At this distance, Anth'lan could notice the perfumed fragrence that Willoween seemed to give off, with every slow beat of her wings. Willoween gave a cloy smile at Anth'lan. "Perhaps then, Guardian, you would do me the honor of escorting us to the circle. I have come baring offerings." she spoke in a sultry voice, her dark eyes following every motion of Anth'lan.

Meanwhile, Zel sat within the confines of the carriage, watching as events unfolded. Once again, he was in awe of her, as she worked her own brand of magic. He could only smile smuggly, as he listened.

Willoween slowly looked Anth'lan up and down. "Well? What say you, GUARDIAN of the relm?" she asked him, staying at him deeply, as if trying to pierce his very body with her looks.

17. LightSide_Apprentice Manager Emeritus

star 4
    OOC: This post is a little late. I'm not sure if it's too late, though I would hope not. If you're up for it, I'd like to resume where we left off. It shouldn't be too hard to create an entry for their arrival.

She was so close to him now. A little too close, it seemed for Anth'lan felt his chest burning. Soon his face became hot, too, and he grew quite embarrassed. He tried very hard not to stare, but Queen Willoween made it so difficult.

"Anth'lan. What a strong name. A most proper name indeed, for a Guardian of the Realm," she teased softly. But, Anth'lan only half heard her words, so distracted was he by the powerful perfume the feminine fairy carried. He did his best to ignore the potent fragrance as she continued. "Perhaps then, Guardian, you would do me the honour of escorting us to the circle. I have come bearing offerings."

The young Anth'lan knew not what to do when facing those dark, all-seeing eyes, when confronted with that sultry voice. Half of him wanted to run away, and the other to stare. He could not do either, however, and froze still with awkward uncertainty.

Time passed before Queen Willoween looked Anth'lan up and down once more. "Well? What say you, GUARDIAN of the relm?" she asked of him, staring at him more deeply than ever before, as if trying to pierce his very body with her eyes alone.

The Guardian snapped to attention, and stepped backward with a pilote bow. "Please... follow me," he managed to stammer, before he took flight in a brilliant shower of glittering silver-gold.

/>
  18. Saintheart Chosen One

star 6
    OOC: Hi guys ... as a matter of courtesy, may I invite you to take a look over my character currently running in the world of Men (that is, the informational thread of the UF.) I only advise the same as I'm aware of the possible impact such a character (which is, I might add, GM approved) may or may not have on the game world in the months to come. Many thanks! :)
  19. Ktala Force Ghost

star 6

Aurora

Aurora smiled with glee. In her tiny hand, she held her trophy. The hair of a troll. Wow, she would have lots to brag upon now. She then suddenly remember..

THE GATHERING! She was missing it!

Aurora tucked her prize into her pouch, and sheathed her knife. She really needed to fly like mad, if she was going to make it in time. Besides, she needed to warn others about a lose troll. They were stupid, but because of their size, they were dangerious as well. She didnt want anyone else to run into the thing. With a grin, Aurora took off like a shot, flying high, just skimming the treetops, so she would make the celibrations in time.

Her mind was so much on thinking of the food, and drink, and wonderful treats that she would be getting her hands too, that before she knew it, she was soon there. She lighted on a branch, breathing heavily as she landed, her glow dim, for she was now tired. As she tried to catch her breath, she could hear the music.

Aurora's head snapped up quicky, when she noticed a silver glow heading her way quickly. She then blushed like mad. The way she had flown in, had probably alerted the Queen's guards. She didnt want trouble. Not now! She just wanted some of the tasty treats.

Aurora landed on a lower branch, barely fluttering, as she was still trying to catch her breath. The silver glow materialized into one of the guards. It was Sanders, but before she could say anything or appologize, she noticed something happening within the circle. Her eyes grew wide, as she watched, causing the guard to turn and look.

Something was happeining within the grand circle.

Aurora and the guard fluttered down gently to see what was going on.

"By the way. There is a Troll close by..." she murmored as she landed on a nearby branch.

TAG: DarkSide_Apprentice, other

Anth'lan and Queen Willoween

Queen Willoween was amused. Her companion, Zel sat within the confines of the carriage, watching as events unfolded. Once again, he was in awe of her, as she worked her own brand of magic. He could only smile smuggly, as he listened.

She was so close to him now. She watched his discomfort with an deep smile, as she had spoken to him. "Anth'lan. What a strong name. A most proper name indeed, for a Guardian of the Realm," she teased softly. "Perhaps then, Guardian, you would do me the honour of escorting us to the circle. I have come bearing offerings."

The young Anth'lan knew not what to do when facing those dark, all-seeing eyes, when confronted with that sultry voice. Half of him wanted to run away, and the other to stare. He could not do either, however, and froze still with awkward uncertainty.

Time passed before Queen Willoween looked Anth'lan up and down once more. "Well? What say you, GUARDIAN of the relm?" she asked of him, staring at him more deeply than ever before, as if trying to pierce his very body with her eyes alone.

The Guardian snapped to attention, and stepped backward with a polite bow. "Please... follow me," he managed to stammer, before he took flight in a brilliant shower of glittering silver-gold.

Queen Willoween laughed softly, as she gently flew back towards her carriage. As Zel helped the dark Queen back into the carriage, she offered him a dark smile. You heard the 'GUARDIAN'. Follow him.'" Willoween ordered. The Pixie Dragon gave a soft snort, as it nodded its head, and took off once more, following the glittering silver-gold shower that Anth'lan left. The dark carriage floated along, following the light offered.Soon, they came close to the gathering, and Queen Willoween could see something was going on within the gathering circle. She ordered her coach to head that way. After all, why should Queen Gossamer have all the fun. She had an enterance to make. The blue pulse caught her attention. Queen Willoween also caught the taste of old magic. This evening was getting better and better
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.