main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Saga The Fall (Episode III Ending - 100% Spoiler Free)

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by Lordban, Apr 8, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Lordban

Lordban Isildur's Bane star 7

Nov 9, 2000
    Foreword :

Aside from the disclaimer, I mean : I don't own Star Wars nor anything coming from it (not that I don't plan to correct this aberration of nature :p )

Readers beware : you are about to read a Fan Fiction dealing with the end of the infamous Star Wars Episode III that has already killed the hopes of so many would-be spoiler-free fans. Well, since I am spoiler-free myself, any spoiler material here is a proof I am capable of second-guessing George Lucas :D

Oh, and by the way, there's a full synopsis for Ep.III in here, and I probably won't have time to write it all by myself. If anyone's interested by my cute little plot bunny, I'm willing to give it (so long as I know who's using it ;) )

Finally, this is a long read. The story sort of sprang to life as I was writing it, and has become long enough to be posted in several parts. But I'm posting this in one piece, for two reasons :
    1) I said there would be a companion vignette for Anakin's Last Breath's fourth post, so I sort of had to post this in one piece ;)
    2) When you go and watch Ep.III, you will see the entire movie without interruptions (other than the usual idiot who left her cell phone on :p ), so it's only fair that you should read a possible ending for it in one piece. And it means you may want to record this or print this and read it later, when you have time. Please reply once you're done with reading the story, though ;)

Enjoy ! :)

- Arnaud

"Anakin, you know I hate it when you fly this way !"
    "Sorry master, but if we want to stay close to Dooku, you'll have to put up with a rough ride" and the speeder on board which both Jedi were suddenly made a sick angle with the horizontal as Anakin launched the vehicle in a small curve, slaloming between- [i]I know he's good, but he can't possibly dodge this ![/i]
    Anakin, as a matter of fact, could, and this left Obi-Wan free to rant about the way things were going on.
    "I [i]really[/i] don't like this" he grumbled.
    "Jedi have to make sacrifices from time to time" Anakin replied coolly.

Obi-Wan chose to let that pass. He would normally have scolded his Padawan for such behavior towards his master, but Anakin was somehow...
    Different.
    [i]And Padme being pregnant can't be the reason for such change in his behavior[/i] Obi-Wan thought darkly. [i]Anakin has certainly been a busy person these last few years...[/i] He sighed - or he would have, if his dinner had not suddenly expressed a strong desire of admiring the sights too : Anakin had taken such a sharp turn that the speeder and its passengers were suddenly upside down.
    "Anakin !"
    "It's alright, master" the young man replied as the speeder returned to a more normal position. "We're almost there. Dooku is slowing down."
    "Great... I was beginning to grow afraid that I wouldn't live to fight him again."
    "Don't worry, master. You will live to fight him, and we will defeat him without Yoda's help, this time."
    [i]How can he be that confident ?[/i]
    Obi-Wan shot a sidelong glance at his Padawan. Anakin's face wore an expression of quiet confidence. [i]He looks a lot like Chancellor Palpatine[/i] he realized. Or-
    [i]No. Palpatine expresses confidence, but he does not look cold the way Anakin does. Master Yoda was right. It was time we returned to Anakin.
    If only to keep an eye on him.[/i]

The Clone Wars had been going for two years, and now the Separatists stood on the brink of defeat.
    Still, the Jedi found no reason to rejoice. They knew that Count Dooku had fallen to the Dark Side, but they still did not know whether he was on the same side as the Sith, or one of their opponents as well. Worse, after two years of careful investigation, the Jedi Order could neither confirm nor deny Dooku's allegations that the Senate was secretly controlled by a Sith Lord named Darth Sidious.
    To top this all, a rift had been driven between the Jedi and Anakin Skywalker. The Order was known to be quite ascetic. Possession, for example, was forbidden to the Jedi. Not that it was what caused trouble when it came

2. LaYa_

LaYa_ Jedi Knight star 5

Jul 21, 2003
    Very well written.. and good as always ;)

3. Laine_Snowtrekker

Laine_Snowtrekker Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jul 8, 2003
    Excellent, Lordban! I can't wait for more.

4. _JM_

_JM_ Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 26, 2001
    Yay! Go Palpatine! :)

Play the old confused man card for all its worth and get Anakin to defend you. Let Anakin think you are a victim of Dooku warping your mind rather than the prime mover, something Anakin would prefer to assume anyway as he wouldn?t want to believe the worst of you.

Everything nicely tied together, even Anakins fighting style as one site I read had an analysis which said that Vader fought like a bulldozer or a tank (power and a steady progress forward rather than finesse) :)

Really enjoyed it.

5. VaderLVR64

VaderLVR64 Manager Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 5, 2004
    Wow! Very powerfully written. Too bad Anakin believes old Palpy. Palpy is just so darn evil...

6. BlueSelenium

BlueSelenium Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 22, 2002
    Brilliant :D

It really fits with the global vision of this scene I have. Let's just hope GL is gonna call you to give him some help on this one ;)

7. leia_naberrie

leia_naberrie Jedi Master star 4

Sep 10, 2002
    Lovely. Palpatine will rot in all the Hells for this. :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.