main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Beyond - Legends The Family Skywalker- A vignette series- Ben/OC (Randa), Luke, OC's~ New Story, Home- Posted 8/9/09

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by mavjade , Jun 3, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mavjade

mavjade Former Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 10, 2005
    Title: The Family Skywalker
    Author: mavjade
    Genre: A little bit of everything.. Romance, angst, fluff
    Characters: Ben, OC's, some Luke
    Summary: A series of events in the life of Ben Skywalker and his family.
    Beta: Jace84z

Long Rambling Authors Notes: About a year ago I wrote a story entitled The Old Man and The Boy. I had always planned on turning that one shot into a vignette series and even wrote a few of the stories, but time got away from me and I never actually started posting the series. I was thinking the other day that I hadn't written anything not related to a challenge in a while and was trying to think of something to write when I remembered this and read some of what I had written and got excited about it all over again! So I decided to start posting it!

This series will not necessary be written in chronological order, but the time period in which they take place will be shown with each post. It's not necessary to have read The Old Man and the Boy to understand this series, but that was the first time many of OC's were introduced.

Also, my Dear Diary entry is based on the OC in this story from when she was younger. To check it out, see Here Today, Where Tomorrow?

And... I'll quit boring you to death now!

If you would like PM's when I update just let me know! I'd be glad to send you one!

[u]Chronological order of stories:[/u]

63 years ABY- Unexpected Arrival (found below)
    70 years ABY- [link=http://boards.theforce.net/beyond_the_saga/b10477/28807180/p1/?2] The Old Man and The Boy[/link]

[b]Unexpected Arrival[/b]

"You're what?" Luke Skywalker asked his son and daughter-in-law that were sitting on the formcouch across from him.

"We're having a baby," Randa, his son's wife, replied with a knowing smile.

Luke pinched the bridge of his nose and sighed, "You know, they know how that happens..."

"Yes, dad," Ben interrupted before his father could finish his embarrassing statement. Ben was already turning red, but his wife was trying to hold back a giggle.

Undeterred by his son's embarrassment Luke continued, ".. and they know how to prevent it."

"Yes, we know how to prevent it, we just didn't want to." Randa interjected into the conversation.

It was Luke's turn to become red, Randa had a tendency to do that to him. She never held her tongue for fear of what others might think, except around children. She reminded Luke of his late wife, Mara, in some ways. She was tough when she had to be, but unlike Mara, she didn't mind for people to see her softer side. She was a strange juxtaposition and perfect for his son.

After recovering from his embarrassment, Luke looked at them seriously. "Four children is an awful lot, but especially four Force-strong children."

Randa smiled and rubbed her stomach, "We know, but I watch after 20 Force-strong children everyday and they aren't [i]my[/i] children. After that, this should be no problem. Besides, the others are pretty much old enough to take care of themselves."

Ben raised an eyebrow at his wife's statement.

"Well, at least we don't have to watch them constantly," she responded to Ben's unspoken question. Turning back to Luke she continued, "We're very happy and we'd hoped you would be too."

"Of course I'm happy," Luke smiled. There wasn't a thought in him that wasn't happy with this news, he just wanted them to realize what they were getting into. "I just have to be the overbearing parent some of the time."

~*~*~

6 months later

Randa was sitting cross-legged --a position that was becoming harder and harder to maintain due to her ever-growing belly-- in front of her young class. She was teaching meditation to some of the youngest students, through guidance. Speaking in a soft voice she lead them through an exercise.

"Picture yourself in a field. In your mind, see yourself standing still, looking around; then notice the tall br

2. Idrelle_Miocovani

Idrelle_Miocovani Jedi Grand Master star 6

Feb 5, 2005
    Beautiful, mavjade! Very sweet story. It's nice to see some tranquil (well, as tranquil as you can get with Force-strong children running around :p ) moments for the Skywalker family after everything that has happened. I really do like Randa. :)

"She's beautiful." Luke returned the smile and leaned down to kiss his son on the head. "Just don't expect me to watch all four of them at the same time. I'm too old for that."

Haha! Poor Luke -- he's feeling the years. :p

Excellent job! :)

3. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

WarmNyota_SweetAyesha Chosen One star 8

Aug 31, 2004
    Oh yayness! I hope Kaya makes it. I enjoy Randa grown-up very much. She's a perfect fit for Ben. Love grandpa Luke too.

I'd love PMs for updates.

:)

4. morrison85

morrison85 Jedi Grand Master star 5

May 13, 2005
    At how many weeks was kaya born? [face_batting]
    I hope they have a good IcU in the academy .

5. lost_lauries_grapes

lost_lauries_grapes Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 27, 2006
    Awesome job! Kaya is such a pretty name! :)

6. VaderLVR64

VaderLVR64 Manager Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 5, 2004
    I read this earlier, and thought I left a reply. :oops: Oops. Anyway, this was beautiful! =D=

"She's beautiful." Luke returned the smile and leaned down to kiss his son on the head. "Just don't expect me to watch all four of them at the same time. I'm too old for that."

Loved it!

7. ZaraValinor

ZaraValinor Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 31, 2002
    Four Children?! Ben you rascal you. Loved it, mav.

8. mavjade

Sep 10, 2005
    Thanks everyone! [:D] The next viggy in the series should be up tonight or tomorrow night!

Idrelle_Miocovani: Beautiful, mavjade! Very sweet story. It's nice to see some tranquil (well, as tranquil as you can get with Force-strong children running around tongue ) moments for the Skywalker family after everything that has happened. I really do like Randa.
    Thanks, Idrelle! [:D] Yeah, I guess it doesn't get very tranquil with Force-strong children (or any children for that matter), but I'm trying to keep these stories light. My angst muse is dying to escape but I'm keeping it locked up! :p

Haha! Poor Luke -- he's feeling the years.
    Yeah, the poor guys lead a hard life and now he has 4 grandchildren?? I think I'd be feeling them too! :p

Excellent job!
    Thanks! Thank you for reading! [:D]

Jade_eyes: Oh yayness!
    :D

I hope Kaya makes it.
    She does. The story won't really follow directly after this (or really at all) so I'll just tell you that. I'm trying to keep most angst out of this series since I have a hard time writing non-angsty things! ;) Light and fluffy is the way for this! :)

I enjoy Randa grown-up very much. She's a perfect fit for Ben.
    Thank you! :) I'm worried about making the transition between the young her and the way she is in this series work. I like her as an adult as well!

Love grandpa Luke too.
    :) I think Luke would make a wonderful grandpa! [face_love]

I'd love PMs for updates.
    Sure thing!! :D
    Thanks for reading, girl! [:D]

morrison85: At how many weeks was kaya born? I hope they have a good IcU in the academy .
    Um, 20 weeks give or take. She was pretty small by our standards, but I figure in the SW universe that isn't quite as bad. They do have good medical care and Kaya will be perfectly fine.

lost_lauries_grapes: Awesome job! Kaya is such a pretty name!
    Thank you so much! The name just popped into my head when I was writing her for The Old Man and the Boy even though I never mentioned her name.

Vadey: I read this earlier, and thought I left a reply. doh! Oops. Anyway, this was beautiful!
    LOL! I do that all the time! 8-} Thank you so much!

Loved it!
    Thank you, but you know Luke would never refuse to watch them... he's just too Luke for that! ;)
    Thanks for reading!! [:D]

Zara:
    ZARA!!!! I haven't seen you in a while!! [:D] [:D]

Four Children?! Ben you rascal you. Loved it, mav.
    LOL! I know, right! He's been busy! ;) Thanks so much, Zara! [:D]

9. mavjade

Sep 10, 2005
    This took me a little longer than expected to post but here is the third story in this series. Notice it comes before the other two! ;)

Timeline:

45 years ABY- Home- found below
    63 years ABY- Unexpected Arrival- Found above
    70 years ABY- The Old Man and The Boy

Home

"Are you sure I look alright?" Randa asked looking at her reflection as she brushed her long hair down over the right side of her face.

Ben rolled his eyes, "For the hundredth time, yes, you look wonderful." He walked up behind his girlfriend and brushed her hair back out of her eyes. "You are beautiful just the way you are, don't hide."

It wasn't that Randa didn't believe Ben thought she was beautiful, she could feel that he did think she was, it was just that she thought he was delusional. "I think you might have been dropped on your head when you were a child. Have you always had delusions?"

Turning his girlfriend around, Ben made sure his blue eyes met her brown ones, "I'm not delusional, and well, I'm not sure I wasn't dropped on my head --Uncle Han has made a few comments about that from time to time-- but I don't think that has anything to do with my thinking you are beautiful. I've always thought you were, and now that I can see the love in your eyes, it makes you even more so, if that is possible."

Nodding her head, Randa took Ben's outstretched hand and followed him out of her bedchambers. They walked the short distance to their destination hand in hand and Ben could feel her nervousness as if it were his own; he figured most everyone they passed could feel it. As they passed a piece of art in the hall way that had a shine on it, Randa stopped to once again inspect her reflection.

"Would you stop?" Ben asked her, laughing at her unusual show of nerves. "It's not like you have never met him before, you talk to him quite often."

"Yes, I talk to him as a Knight in his Jedi Order, not as the girlfriend of his only child. Big difference, Skywalker," Randa practically growled.

"First off, don't let him hear you call it 'his order' and second, no it isn't. He loves you, I promise."

"You can't know that, he doesn't really know me."

"But I know you, and I know him. A little trust, please," Ben gave his most disarming smile, which he had perfected watching his uncle Han.

Randa playfully smacked him on the arm, "Don't try that smile with me, I know your tricks."

Ben rubbed his arm where she had hit him, "Can we go now or are we just going to stand in the hallway? We're starting to get funny looks."

"You always get funny looks."

"You're hilarious," Ben deadpanned. "We're going to be late if we don't get a move on."

His girlfriend nodded that they could continue as Ben smiled at his ability to put her at ease. She didn't seem nearly as nervous as she had before, at least until he rang the door chime. He just gave her hand a squeeze and smiled at her as the door slid open revealing his father.

Luke smiled at them both as he welcomed them in and enveloped his son in a hug.

Laughing, Ben replied to the hug, "Dad, you saw me earlier today."

Luke said nothing at his son's admonishment, instead only shrugging his shoulders. He then turned to the woman who had entered with Ben. Before he could say anything she was already greeting him.

"Master Skywalker," Randa bowed.

"Please Randa, call me Luke, I couldn't stand to be Master in my own home," Luke said as he held out his hand. He thought about hugging her but didn't want to scare her away.

Randa nodded and shook his hand, "Alright, Luke." She thought it felt strange calling someone so revered and respected by his first name, but he had asked that she do so.

"Come in, make yourself comfortable," Luke continued as they walked inside the apartment. "I'll just be a few more minutes in here," he pointed toward the kitchen unit.

"You mean you're actually cooking?" Ben asked with a skeptical look. "Maybe we should go out somewhere instead."

10. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

WarmNyota_SweetAyesha Chosen One star 8

Aug 31, 2004
    Mav!!! Your non-angsty side is precious and delightful. If it needs an inducement to stick around, have some strawberry cheesecake LOL :D

Loved how Luke made Randa feel at home. Just by being himself.

:)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.